Old
11-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Unholy
waifu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
From Bob Mackenzie

Attending Kitch at Osh (OHL) tonite. Can tell CBJ fans Boone Jenner is playing dominant hockey. ANA fans, John Gibson is top-notch goalie

Gibson allowed 2 goals on 58 shots this weekend. He had two wins.
So great reading up on him for the past year or so. Trying not to get too carried away but his play is not helping.

11-12-2012, 12:46 PM
caz16

vCash: 84
I live in the Kitchener area and most of the Rangers games are televised on local cable.

I just came to say how amazing Gibson is and you are so lucky to have him drafted. I don't know how many of you are Canadian but if you are and didn't already know this - he is on the front of Shreddies cereal boxes right now - I was lucky enough to get one.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Kevin Roy leading his Huskies in points. Tied for 7th in the league.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Kevin Roy leading his Huskies in points. Tied for 7th in the league.
He is, but I haven't been really impressed with what I saw from him. Granted, he's only 19.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:43 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Another update. (There has been played no games in Sweden since last update because of international break).

Old
11-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Another update. (There has been played no games in Sweden since last update because of international break).

Thanks for the update!

Actually the SEL season resumed today. William Karlsson's HV71 took on Max Friberg's Timra.

HV71 won 3-1 and Karlsson picked up an assist on a goal scored by Marcus Nilson. Karlsson was also a +1 and was credited with one hit and two shots on net 13.18 minutes of icetime.

Friberg played 14.28 minutes, with no points or hits, was +/- 0 and had three shots on goal.

Tim Heed played his second game with Vasteras in Allsvenskan yesterday (he's loaned from Vaxjo). They won 3-2 against Djurgarden and Heed was a +2 with no points. His defensive partner: Brendan Mikkelson.

Old
11-14-2012, 07:30 PM
AngelDuck

Rakell just scored

Old
11-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Rakell just scored
A lot of American talent in that game.

Rakell is up to a goal and two assists after two periods.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:50 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
A lot of American talent in that game.

Rakell is up to a goal and two assists after two periods.
Rakell is now at exactly a Point/game on the season.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:22 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Thanks for the update!

Actually the SEL season resumed today. William Karlsson's HV71 took on Max Friberg's Timra.

HV71 won 3-1 and Karlsson picked up an assist on a goal scored by Marcus Nilson. Karlsson was also a +1 and was credited with one hit and two shots on net 13.18 minutes of icetime.

Friberg played 14.28 minutes, with no points or hits, was +/- 0 and had three shots on goal.

Tim Heed played his second game with Vasteras in Allsvenskan yesterday (he's loaned from Vaxjo). They won 3-2 against Djurgarden and Heed was a +2 with no points. His defensive partner: Brendan Mikkelson.
Is Mikkelson there for the lockout or is that just where he's playing now because he can't get an NHL job?

Note there's a blast from the past. I remember when we were excited about Mikkelson.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Is Mikkelson there for the lockout or is that just where he's playing now because he can't get an NHL job?

Note there's a blast from the past. I remember when we were excited about Mikkelson.
He's on a one way contract with Tampa for this season if it ever happens.

To be fair to the scouting staff that year, there were far worse (and far better also) picks than Mikkelson in that range. For every Neal and Vlasic there was a Plante, Finley or Mihalik. He's about what you should expect from an early 2nd round pick in an average draft year.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Exit Dose

I'm watching the Subway Super Series. Some of these guys are great, but I'm even happier with the defenseman we got.

After the draft, a Ducks fan tweeted MvsW about how terrible our pick was. Marek responded by saying that he'd talked to a few scouts on the floor and they told him Lindholm was the steal of the draft. At this point, I'm fairly optimistic that those scouts were right.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm watching the Subway Super Series. Some of these guys are great, but I'm even happier with the defenseman we got.

After the draft, a Ducks fan tweeted MvsW about how terrible our pick was. Marek responded by saying that he'd talked to a few scouts on the floor and they told him Lindholm was the steal of the draft. At this point, I'm fairly optimistic that those scouts were right.
It's hard to compare the D out there with Lindholm, considering he's in the AHL, but I'd agree. This game seems to be emphasizing that Anaheim made a hell of a pick in Lindholm. Murray seems like the defenseman who comes the closest to what we've been seeing from Lindholm. I think Columbus is going to be very happy with Murray.

I'm not nearly as impressed with Rielly as the play by play guy is. Murray is basically making a lot of the same plays, only he hasn't needed to take the same risks to do it. Though, offensively, Rielly seems to be a step above.

Dumba and Reinhart have been okay, but they definitely aren't making me second guess the Lindholm pick.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Paul4587

Dumba was a guy I was skeptical about. Lindholm has been very impressive in the AHL so far, I'm certainly not going to second guess Madden with his current track record.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Dumba was a guy I was skeptical about. Lindholm has been very impressive in the AHL so far, I'm certainly not going to second guess Madden with his current track record.
Dumba seems to play a style that is better suited to a bigger player, and sometimes I'm not sure about his decisions.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Exit Dose

Just to clarify, in case someone comes in here and misreads the intention of what I said, I'm not saying that I think this game means we have the better player, as there is still a lot of development for all of these guys. I'm just saying that we have nothing to be embarrassed about. Lindholm definitely belonged in that group of players, and that he's made a good case so far to go ahead of the guys that he did.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Dumba seems to play a style that is better suited to a bigger player, and sometimes I'm not sure about his decisions.
That was a major reason why I was higher on Trouba going into the draft.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

You know, Rielly is a terrific skater, but he seems to be missing something in his first step. Like, there isn't as much jump there as there should be(as compared to his overall speed).

Old
11-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Just to clarify, in case someone comes in here and misreads the intention of what I said, I'm not saying that I think this game means we have the better player, as there is still a lot of development for all of these guys. I'm just saying that we have nothing to be embarrassed about. Lindholm definitely belonged in that group of players, and that he's made a good case so far to go ahead of the guys that he did.
I expect Lindholm to be considered a bit of a reach until people can see him head-to-head against some of the other defensemen and/or in the NHL.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I expect Lindholm to be considered a bit of a reach, until people can see him head-to-head against some of the other defensemen and/or in the NHL.
I will be pissed if he isn't mentioned in the next top 50. He's played enough games in North America that no one making those lists gets to plead ignorance.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
I will be pissed if he isn't mentioned in the next top 50. He's played enough games in North America that no one making those lists gets to plead ignorance.
Well, yeah. There is no excuse there. I meant more for the casual poster on here. Lindholm has definitely shown, to people who are watching, that he belongs up there with the top 5.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Murray is just so smooth.

Edit: I think I pissed off a Toronto fan for daring to suggest that Murray had a better overall game than Rielly in this game.

Last edited by Sojourn: 11-15-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old
11-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Exit Dose

Columbus is going to have some tough decisions to make when the CBA is signed. Springfield had the best defensive core I've seen so far. Having Murray on top of that is just overkill.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Columbus is going to have some tough decisions to make when the CBA is signed. Springfield had the best defensive core I've seen so far. Having Murray on top of that is just overkill.
Good problem to have. I really wish the best for Columbus. They've had a tough year, and their fans could use something to cheer about.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:49 AM
Exit Dose

They got it from all sides. I want them to do well, too.

Closed Thread