HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Anaheim Ducks Prospect Update

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2012, 06:09 AM
  #126
Unholy
waifu
 
Unholy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
From Bob Mackenzie

Attending Kitch at Osh (OHL) tonite. Can tell CBJ fans Boone Jenner is playing dominant hockey. ANA fans, John Gibson is top-notch goalie

Gibson allowed 2 goals on 58 shots this weekend. He had two wins.
So great reading up on him for the past year or so. Trying not to get too carried away but his play is not helping.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=96509&type=sigpic&dateline=1325746233
Unholy is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 12:46 PM
  #127
caz16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 868
vCash: 84
I live in the Kitchener area and most of the Rangers games are televised on local cable.

I just came to say how amazing Gibson is and you are so lucky to have him drafted. I don't know how many of you are Canadian but if you are and didn't already know this - he is on the front of Shreddies cereal boxes right now - I was lucky enough to get one.

caz16 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 02:00 PM
  #128
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,986
vCash: 500
Kevin Roy leading his Huskies in points. Tied for 7th in the league.

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 02:29 PM
  #129
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 4,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Kevin Roy leading his Huskies in points. Tied for 7th in the league.
He is, but I haven't been really impressed with what I saw from him. Granted, he's only 19.

Lord Flashheart is online now  
Old
11-13-2012, 03:43 PM
  #130
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend
 
quentez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
Another update. (There has been played no games in Sweden since last update because of international break).


quentez is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 04:29 PM
  #131
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,871
vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Another update. (There has been played no games in Sweden since last update because of international break).

Thanks for the update!

Actually the SEL season resumed today. William Karlsson's HV71 took on Max Friberg's Timra.

HV71 won 3-1 and Karlsson picked up an assist on a goal scored by Marcus Nilson. Karlsson was also a +1 and was credited with one hit and two shots on net 13.18 minutes of icetime.

Friberg played 14.28 minutes, with no points or hits, was +/- 0 and had three shots on goal.

Tim Heed played his second game with Vasteras in Allsvenskan yesterday (he's loaned from Vaxjo). They won 3-2 against Djurgarden and Heed was a +2 with no points. His defensive partner: Brendan Mikkelson.

Elvs is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 07:30 PM
  #132
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,393
vCash: 500
Rakell just scored

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 08:58 PM
  #133
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Rakell just scored
A lot of American talent in that game.

Rakell is up to a goal and two assists after two periods.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 09:50 PM
  #134
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
A lot of American talent in that game.

Rakell is up to a goal and two assists after two periods.
Rakell is now at exactly a Point/game on the season.

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 10:22 PM
  #135
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Thanks for the update!

Actually the SEL season resumed today. William Karlsson's HV71 took on Max Friberg's Timra.

HV71 won 3-1 and Karlsson picked up an assist on a goal scored by Marcus Nilson. Karlsson was also a +1 and was credited with one hit and two shots on net 13.18 minutes of icetime.

Friberg played 14.28 minutes, with no points or hits, was +/- 0 and had three shots on goal.

Tim Heed played his second game with Vasteras in Allsvenskan yesterday (he's loaned from Vaxjo). They won 3-2 against Djurgarden and Heed was a +2 with no points. His defensive partner: Brendan Mikkelson.
Is Mikkelson there for the lockout or is that just where he's playing now because he can't get an NHL job?

Note there's a blast from the past. I remember when we were excited about Mikkelson.

snarktacular is online now  
Old
11-14-2012, 10:34 PM
  #136
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Is Mikkelson there for the lockout or is that just where he's playing now because he can't get an NHL job?

Note there's a blast from the past. I remember when we were excited about Mikkelson.
He's on a one way contract with Tampa for this season if it ever happens.

To be fair to the scouting staff that year, there were far worse (and far better also) picks than Mikkelson in that range. For every Neal and Vlasic there was a Plante, Finley or Mihalik. He's about what you should expect from an early 2nd round pick in an average draft year.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 11:40 PM
  #137
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,224
vCash: 500
I'm watching the Subway Super Series. Some of these guys are great, but I'm even happier with the defenseman we got.

After the draft, a Ducks fan tweeted MvsW about how terrible our pick was. Marek responded by saying that he'd talked to a few scouts on the floor and they told him Lindholm was the steal of the draft. At this point, I'm fairly optimistic that those scouts were right.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 11:58 PM
  #138
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 26,520
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I'm watching the Subway Super Series. Some of these guys are great, but I'm even happier with the defenseman we got.

After the draft, a Ducks fan tweeted MvsW about how terrible our pick was. Marek responded by saying that he'd talked to a few scouts on the floor and they told him Lindholm was the steal of the draft. At this point, I'm fairly optimistic that those scouts were right.
It's hard to compare the D out there with Lindholm, considering he's in the AHL, but I'd agree. This game seems to be emphasizing that Anaheim made a hell of a pick in Lindholm. Murray seems like the defenseman who comes the closest to what we've been seeing from Lindholm. I think Columbus is going to be very happy with Murray.

I'm not nearly as impressed with Rielly as the play by play guy is. Murray is basically making a lot of the same plays, only he hasn't needed to take the same risks to do it. Though, offensively, Rielly seems to be a step above.

Dumba and Reinhart have been okay, but they definitely aren't making me second guess the Lindholm pick.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:08 AM
  #139
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,073
vCash: 500
Dumba was a guy I was skeptical about. Lindholm has been very impressive in the AHL so far, I'm certainly not going to second guess Madden with his current track record.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:20 AM
  #140
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 26,520
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Dumba was a guy I was skeptical about. Lindholm has been very impressive in the AHL so far, I'm certainly not going to second guess Madden with his current track record.
Dumba seems to play a style that is better suited to a bigger player, and sometimes I'm not sure about his decisions.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:21 AM
  #141
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,224
vCash: 500
Just to clarify, in case someone comes in here and misreads the intention of what I said, I'm not saying that I think this game means we have the better player, as there is still a lot of development for all of these guys. I'm just saying that we have nothing to be embarrassed about. Lindholm definitely belonged in that group of players, and that he's made a good case so far to go ahead of the guys that he did.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:23 AM
  #142
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Dumba seems to play a style that is better suited to a bigger player, and sometimes I'm not sure about his decisions.
That was a major reason why I was higher on Trouba going into the draft.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:25 AM
  #143
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 26,520
vCash: 50
You know, Rielly is a terrific skater, but he seems to be missing something in his first step. Like, there isn't as much jump there as there should be(as compared to his overall speed).

Sojourn is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:29 AM
  #144
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 26,520
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Just to clarify, in case someone comes in here and misreads the intention of what I said, I'm not saying that I think this game means we have the better player, as there is still a lot of development for all of these guys. I'm just saying that we have nothing to be embarrassed about. Lindholm definitely belonged in that group of players, and that he's made a good case so far to go ahead of the guys that he did.
I expect Lindholm to be considered a bit of a reach until people can see him head-to-head against some of the other defensemen and/or in the NHL.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:33 AM
  #145
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I expect Lindholm to be considered a bit of a reach, until people can see him head-to-head against some of the other defensemen and/or in the NHL.
I will be pissed if he isn't mentioned in the next top 50. He's played enough games in North America that no one making those lists gets to plead ignorance.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:34 AM
  #146
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 26,520
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I will be pissed if he isn't mentioned in the next top 50. He's played enough games in North America that no one making those lists gets to plead ignorance.
Well, yeah. There is no excuse there. I meant more for the casual poster on here. Lindholm has definitely shown, to people who are watching, that he belongs up there with the top 5.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:34 AM
  #147
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 26,520
vCash: 50
Murray is just so smooth.

Edit: I think I pissed off a Toronto fan for daring to suggest that Murray had a better overall game than Rielly in this game.


Last edited by Sojourn: 11-15-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Sojourn is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:42 AM
  #148
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,224
vCash: 500
Columbus is going to have some tough decisions to make when the CBA is signed. Springfield had the best defensive core I've seen so far. Having Murray on top of that is just overkill.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:46 AM
  #149
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 26,520
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Columbus is going to have some tough decisions to make when the CBA is signed. Springfield had the best defensive core I've seen so far. Having Murray on top of that is just overkill.
Good problem to have. I really wish the best for Columbus. They've had a tough year, and their fans could use something to cheer about.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:49 AM
  #150
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,224
vCash: 500
They got it from all sides. I want them to do well, too.

Exit Dose is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.