HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

What If? Eric Lindros had stayed in Quebec

Old
11-10-2012, 07:20 AM
ozzie

vCash: 500
My memory is a bit fuzzy, but if Lindros had held out for another year he would have been re-entered into the 92 draft. I believe that was still the rule back then.

He would have gone first over all to Tampa Bay, I wonder if he signs for an expansion team?

ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Sticks and Pucks

I think Detroit would have won the Roy sweepstakes as Montreal's priority would have been to get a good young goaltender which Detroit would have had in Osgood. Detroit probably gets a record setting Stanley Cup winning season in 1996 and wins the Cup again in 97 and 98 and people would be talking about a Red Wings dynasty. As dominant as Lindros would have been in the West (without concussions), I don't think the Avs would have won in the 90s because they would not have had any goaltending. Dallas still wins in 1999 with their dominant team and I think Forsberg takes Philly to a championship in 2000 (over the Devils). Lindros and Sakic are in their prime in 2001 (both probably having MVP years) and they could carry their team to the championship in 2001.

So basically, I think if Lindros had stayed in Quebec, Detroit would have had a dynasty in the 1990s, Lindros would be a winner and future Hall of Famer, Sakic would be good but always in the shadow of Lindros and probably wouldn't be as highly regarded (maybe not even a first ballot Hall of Famer), and the Devils would be short one Cup. The Avs would probably have only won one Cup during that era as well as they would not have had Roy in net.

Sticks and Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:09 AM
whatname

I would be curious to see how Owen Nolan turns out playing with Lindros. That would have been an intimidating front line. Now add Sundin onto that line and you would have two 6'5 guys, along with a big strong player in Nolan.

whatname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:38 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatname View Post
I would be curious to see how Owen Nolan turns out playing with Lindros. That would have been an intimidating front line. Now add Sundin onto that line and you would have two 6'5 guys, along with a big strong player in Nolan.
Neither Nolan nor Sundin has played all that much on their off-wing. I'd say odds are that one of them would be playing with Sakic.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 10:10 PM
LeBlondeDemon10
BlindLemon Haystacks

According to Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun, Lindros was married today in Montreal to a French-Canadian girl. This should be a Meet the Parents sequel.

LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:06 PM
jack mullet
@jackmullethockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBlondeDemon10 View Post
According to Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun, Lindros was married today in Montreal to a French-Canadian girl. This should be a Meet the Parents sequel.
haven't they made like 6 of those already?

jack mullet is offline   Reply With Quote