HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky has his value gone up?

Old
11-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Hemsky will be with the oilers for a while because the value that the oilers and fans think hes worth is not near what other teams will take a gamble on. Add to that the notion of playoff hockey when the ref puts the whistle away and hemsky will be an oiler for a while.
Yeah, if only Hemsky had some playoff experience, specifically as a 1st liner who helped take a team to within one win from hoisting the cup. If only something like that had happened.

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Habs have enough problems keeping their team healthy. Why the hell would we want another player who's greatest accomplishment is missing half seasons.
Well, you might want him for his experience being a major player in the 05-06 playoff finals. Not sure though, seeing as the Habs have been to the finals so often lately . That said, it might be wasted on the Habs as they look like theyre trending towards being bottom dwellers for a while.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

vCash: 50
I don't think anyone doubted Hemsky's skill level. That he is able to put up points in Czech league isn't surprising.

I don't think he's all that easy to trade given his injury history, high salary and weak last season. There have been two trade deadlines in a row where he could have been traded but wasn't makes me think interest may not be all that big.

Freudian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:40 PM
reffree

Hemsky as a potantial "x" and he's a high risk player.

Or you find someone with the same "x" potential and the same high risk factor or you find someone with lesser risk and a "x -y" potential.

He doesn't have zero value, but Oilers are better to keep him and hope he can regain his semi one dimensional play good for 70 pts than trading him for a safe 50 pts player with semi one dimensional play.

Anyway that's how I see it.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:14 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Easy enough for Jagr and Plekanec to put up points in that league. They're playing together on the same line with Jiri Tlusty, as well as a powerplay featuring Marek Zidlicky and Tomas Kaberle.

There's a big difference between producing in that situation on a team like Kladno and the situation Hemsky's in with Pardubice.

Established NHL 1st line center David Krejci has only 14 points in 12 games this season (a point/game lower than Hemsky's 21 points in 16 games). The only other players of note on that team are Josef Vasicek (remember him?) and Red Wings youngster Jakub Kindl.

There's a big difference here. Hemsky's numbers are pretty significant when he's out-doing someone like Krejci on the same team.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Easy enough for Jagr and Plekanec to put up points in that league. They're playing together on the same line with Jiri Tlusty, as well as a powerplay featuring Marek Zidlicky and Tomas Kaberle.

There's a big difference between producing in that situation on a team like Kladno and the situation Hemsky's in with Pardubice.

Established NHL 1st line center David Krejci has only 14 points in 12 games this season (a point/game lower than Hemsky's 21 points in 16 games). The only other players of note on that team are Josef Vasicek (remember him?) and Red Wings youngster Jakub Kindl.

There's a big difference here. Hemsky's numbers are pretty significant when he's out-doing someone like Krejci on the same team.
Hemsky may not be valueless, but stats in a Czech league most certainly are.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:39 PM
SephF
See you next time

I'd say with Hemsky playing the entire end of last season (69 games, missed some at the start of the year due to the injury from the year before), then playing in the WC and doing very well, and now doing well in the Czech league (he's played 80 some games in a row without injury to this point) his value might've gone up a bit.

I still don't think it's high enough for Edmonton to move him but it's put my worries at ease.

I don't see how keeping up with Plakenec and Jagr in points is a bad thing, they aren't exactly slouches.

Keep in mind Hemsky plays on the same team as Krejci and is out scoring him by a decent margin.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:49 PM
ThePhoenixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Hemsky may not be valueless, but stats in a Czech league most certainly are.
The stats are valueless. Nil.

Really.

ThePhoenixx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:52 PM
ThePhoenixx

Quote:

A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

ThePhoenixx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 12:14 AM
KingCanadain1976

I think till Hemsky plays 75 games he cant be delared healthy playing 21 games is nothing. Till hes done that 2 years in a row he would be injury prone in my book

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 12:30 AM
kingdok

1. Růžička Martin TRI UT 20 22 16 38
2. Vlasák Tomáš PLZ UT 20 10 20 30
3. Bonk Radek TRI UT 20 9 20 29
4. Plekanec Tomáš KLA UT 18 14 14 28
5. Jágr Jaromír KLA UT 17 11 16 27
6. Gulaš Milan PLZ UT 20 13 13 26
7. Svoboda Jakub KOM UT 18 13 12 25
8. Straka Martin PLZ UT 18 10 15 25
9. Hübl Viktor LIT UT 19 9 16 25
10. Pech Lukáš KVA UT 20 4 19 23

No

kingdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:09 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Hemsky is playing in the Czech Republic League he has played 16 games with 11 goals and 10 assist for 21 points. He is finally healthy after he had his surgery. He is a legit top 6 winger on any team.

To a team that is looking for a top 6 winger with skill what would you offer for him?

He could be put in a package deal for a big block buster but obviously the FAB 5 are not moving but other prospects and Gagner could be added.
top 6 winger mean on the first 3 line?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
Well, you might want him for his experience being a major player in the 05-06 playoff finals. Not sure though, seeing as the Habs have been to the finals so often lately . That said, it might be wasted on the Habs as they look like theyre trending towards being bottom dwellers for a while.
Edmonton hasn't made the playoffs since that cup run and you're getting on the Habs case for a fluke bad year? Even our biggest rivals know that was an anomaly of a season.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:17 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
The Habs are the last team that want to get even softer.
With the coaching change probably not but as a habs fan I wouldn't mind hemsky. Very talented player. I think toughness is overrated. Habs dominated tough teams like boston for an enternity and have competitive battles even when habs are smurfs. It's a strong element but the number of goals wins the hockey game. If my team can add a guy like hemsky in a low risk price, I would do it for sure.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:20 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

It doesn't change much. No one said Plekanec is superior. They said it shows how useless stats there are.

Besides, if hemsky made 100 pts in 4 games in the czech league all it does is improve his value in THAT league. In the NHL he wouldn't produce that, so what dif does it make?

Hemsky is a very talented player and as others have pointed out, him doing an amazing 21 games in a row in a soft league doesn't change much.

Hemsky has to be healthy in the NHL game. I like him, so hiopefully he comes back and is in top shape and plays a full year.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
Edmonton hasn't made the playoffs since that cup run and you're getting on the Habs case for a fluke bad year? Even our biggest rivals know that was an anomaly of a season.
The point I was trying to get across is that those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks. No one cares about first round exits, over half the teams in the league get in. The only team prizes worth mentioning are conference banners and cups, and the Habs havent touched either for 20 years. Some fans (read: the poster I quoted) take every shot they can at the Oilers, and really shouldnt be doing so considered that their team is a mess as well.

Also, sure, it may be an anomaly to finish 3rd overall. That said, you're splitting hairs if you're distiguishing much between "we sucked so bad we finished in the lottery" and "we sucked so bad we finished in the bottom 10". There really isnt much of a difference.

Back on topic. Hemsky has to show he can still play at a high level in the NHL before he will be worth what a player of his skill should be worth. He's still an excellent player, and I think actually playing with some other skilled forwards while being healthy will bring out the best in him.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:00 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
The point I was trying to get across is that those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks. No one cares about first round exits, over half the teams in the league get in. The only team prizes worth mentioning are conference banners and cups, and the Habs havent touched either for 20 years. Some fans (read: the poster I quoted) take every shot they can at the Oilers, and really shouldnt be doing so considered that their team is a mess as well.

Also, sure, it may be an anomaly to finish 3rd overall. That said, you're splitting hairs if you're distiguishing much between "we sucked so bad we finished in the lottery" and "we sucked so bad we finished in the bottom 10". There really isnt much of a difference.

Back on topic. Hemsky has to show he can still play at a high level in the NHL before he will be worth what a player of his skill should be worth. He's still an excellent player, and I think actually playing with some other skilled forwards while being healthy will bring out the best in him.
Well habs made the playoffs with the same team before and the conference finals with a similar line-up.

Habs don't hang up division or conference titles actually. Adding 'conference titles' to give an edge to edmonton is kind of embarrassing.

From what I see you got offended by a fact. Hemsky has been less than healthy the last few years and habs aren't in a position to pay any sort of premium for him.

As for Hemsky, he's worth as much as a guy who is talented as him but as injured as him is worth. He's gotta play to have his top value. If he was healthy he's worth every penny, but he's not always healthy unfortunately.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:48 AM
CSimpson18

The correct answer is that every day that Hemsky doesn't get injured and continues to provide offense his value goes up. Slightly. 1 day at a time.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:01 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
The correct answer is that every day that Hemsky doesn't get injured and continues to provide offense his value goes up. Slightly. 1 day at a time.
There is a peak to that with him not doing it in the NHL. On top of the fact I don't kow if his 5 million tag is a good or bad thing coming out of a lockout with the cap probably down. I am leaning towards bad thing in terms of his value.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:05 AM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
There is a peak to that with him not doing it in the NHL. On top of the fact I don't kow if his 5 million tag is a good or bad thing coming out of a lockout with the cap probably down. I am leaning towards bad thing in terms of his value.
Nah, his value goes up if he stays healthy no matter what he's doing. If he walks up a flight of stairs without a serious shoulder injury NHL gms take note. Every team in the league wants a player like this if he can be moderately healthy.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:53 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Nah, his value goes up if he stays healthy no matter what he's doing. If he walks up a flight of stairs without a serious shoulder injury NHL gms take note. Every team in the league wants a player like this if he can be moderately healthy.
I'm pretty sure if GMs are considering his ability to walk up stairs without serious injury as a positive thing worth taking note, that doesn't bode well for his trade value.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:04 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Strange Hemsky Fact..

Mondays 2011-12 10 GP 1p, -11, 21 PIM, 0 hits

Tuesdays 2011-12 9 GP 14P, +10, 2 PIM, 3 hits

I have figured it out folks. Hemsky suffers from a severe case of the Mondays. Put him in the press box till Tuesday and you are golden. Hahaha

Seriously though, some people undervalue Hemsky.

He had as many goals in March as he did the rest of the year combined. He went on to post 8 points in 9 games at the WCs.

Hemsky is healthy now and very much worth the 5 mil he is signed to. IF he stays healthy, the Oilers top 6 is easily one of the scariest in the league.

Aceonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:54 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Seriously though, some people undervalue Hemsky.

He had as many goals in March as he did the rest of the year combined. He went on to post 8 points in 9 games at the WCs.

Hemsky is healthy now and very much worth the 5 mil he is signed to. IF he stays healthy, the Oilers top 6 is easily one of the scariest in the league.
This is something to brag about with a young player beginning to break out or who finally made it onto a good line, or a player who was playing hurt for the rest of the season and got better, returning to previously established form. Other than that, this is not a good thing.
As much as people want to believe the last one to three months of the season will be indicative of performance in the following year, it really isn't, especially for veteran players.

If his injuries really are behind him and he doesn't have to play a more perimeter game in order to ensure that they stay behind him, then he's a valuable player. All things being equal (and healthy), he should probably get 15-20 goals and 35-40 assists in 70ish games. If any one of the Oilers' young forwards really breaks out on Hemsky's line, those numbers could grow considerably. That doesn't mean his trade value is any higher, because not every team has three first overall forwards poised for stardom that can line up with Hemsky.

A 50-60 point winger who 1. doesn't have a remarkable two-way game, 2. regressed considerably last year, 3. has a bit more upside but also 4. is a huge injury risk, is not worth 5 million on any planet. The only forwards who have a cap hit as high as Hemsky's and are not clearly more valuable are Horcoff and Gomez. Hemsky only reaches that value if he stays healthy and breaks 60 points.

Let's see Hemsky AND Hall and RNH stay healthy before saying anything remotely like "the Oilers top 6 is easily one of the scariest in the league."

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:59 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
For all those guys saying that Hemsky has no value you don't know anything about hockey; he is a legit top 6 winger and has played 21 straight games. He would help any team in the top 6 position. A team like NAS, PHX, NYI, and TO just to name a few would improve their team.
Then why did you ask if his value went up when you've already come to this conclusion? which, by the way, nobody agrees with. The only person you're convincing here is yourself.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 06:19 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
For all those guys saying that Hemsky has no value you don't know anything about hockey; he is a legit top 6 winger and has played 21 straight games. He would help any team in the top 6 position. A team like NAS, PHX, NYI, and TO just to name a few would improve their team.
Incredible.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote