Triple H hoping Sting doesn't re-sign with TNA

Old
11-14-2012, 04:52 PM
nWo
New World Order

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Triple H is apparently among many that are hoping that Sting might pass on renewing with TNA when his contract expires at the end of the year.
According to a source, WWE would like to present Sting with a multi-faceted licensing deal which would include incorporating him into their Mattel deal and home videos. It would also likely include an induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Signing Sting to a deal is apparently not a high priority for Vince McMahon, whereas Triple H is said to hold Sting in high regard.

wrestlinginc

It may be 2012 and 2013 in a little more than a month, but seeing Sting/Taker at WrestleMania would be something.
I don't want to see another (hardcore) Wrestlemania match with two men in their (near) 50's; 10 years ago I would have said "yes".

nWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

there'd have to be a good build up for a Sting/Taker match...i'd love to see it, but i would have to have a great reason why..

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 05:52 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
I'd just like to see the reaction. Curiosity if nothing else. Sting may old and breaking down, but it would still just be interesting to see

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
They're both 83 years old, but I was a big WCW fan when I was a kid, so a Sting v Undertaker match would be lots of fun for me. I don't think Sting should lose it either. A draw, if done well in a 20+ minute match could be pretty damn entertaining.
That's my thought, too... Sting/Taker in a match for the ages, fight to a 30-minute double count-out or something at WrestleMania, and both retire after. Both go out on top, where they belong.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
You might as well ask for Sting/Warrior as a WM match. It's not going to happen just because even with HHH wanting him, Sting has never trusted the company and there's no reason to believe that has changed.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:15 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You might as well ask for Sting/Warrior as a WM match. It's not going to happen just because even with HHH wanting him, Sting has never trusted the company and there's no reason to believe that has changed.
True, true...but even now there are reports that Bruno Sammartino is open to finally being inducted into the WWE HOF, then anything can happen.

I think if HHH sells it as follows: A) Gotta let him know that while Vince is still "in charge" of everything, HHH is being groomed to take over for him, and has in fact taken over some more of the day-to-day operations.

B) And that any program with The Undertaker is going to involve a loss at WM, HHH can even point to himself saying that he did the job, but on the flip side, the whole program can last longer than just to have a One Match payoff at 'Mania.

C) Creative Control. This could be a big one. While Sting would most likely understand that even if he were to be given a WWE/World Heavyweight Title run, it wouldn't be necessarily a long one, and it'd only be given to him to put him further into the WWE Record Books. But the idea of being able to tell him that he'll have control over his character. That should be a major bonus for him, to ensure that he's not made to look weak like Booker/Whole WCW was during the Invasion angle.

D) The Fans. HHH should be able to sell the fact that the WWE has been REALLY impressive when it comes to DVD/Blu Rays lately. Their career retrospective, CM Punk's alone, are nothing short of phenomenal. And Sting has had a long and storied career. The WWE would be able to put out and market the HELL out of a Sting: Career Retrospective because they own the WCW footage. If he got Sting to think about that, then that could get him to come around too.

I'm not saying that I'm "getting my hopes up" about Sting going to the WWE, because it most likely will never happen. But if anything, HHH is showing that he has serious commitment to the business, and as much as I hated his character during the "McMahon-Helmsley" era/storyline (just because it seemed like he was in everything and always "going over" everyone), he could end up being great for the WWE once he truly takes over the company

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Bringing Sting in just to end up losing to Taker at this point in their careers sounds ****. Sting doesn't need this, but I'm sure Vince would love to have arguably the biggest name in North American Wrestling to have not worked for him to finally come in and lose.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Bringing Sting in just to end up losing to Taker at this point in their careers sounds ****. Sting doesn't need this, but I'm sure Vince would love to have arguably the biggest name in North American Wrestling to have not worked for him to finally come in and lose.
I don't think it's arguable at all.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
I don't think so either, I just threw "arguably" in lest someone took issue with it, I'm sure pelts35 would disagree since he makes his hatred of "Stink" known at every opportunity

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
I don't think so either, I just threw "arguably" in lest someone took issue with it, I'm sure pelts35 would disagree since he makes his hatred of "Stink" known at every opportunity
Maybe he thinks he's clever using a nickname Hollywood Hogan used in 1997.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 06:02 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I hope not.
I don't trust WWE to use Sting the right way. McMahon will find a way to minimize him, he's doing good things in TNA

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:34 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

I really doubt Sting would come back just to job to The Undertaker.

This has Kevin Nash 2011 written all over it.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:06 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
Did you even watch him in WCW?
Saw him in the UWF when he debuted with his partner Rock (Ultimate Warrior) as the Blade Runners (another Road Warriors rip off, which turned into a Crow ripoff which turned into a Joker ripoff). So, yes, saw him and never liked him. Extremely limited moveset and, IMO, extremely annoying on the mic.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:12 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
Maybe he thinks he's clever using a nickname Hollywood Hogan used in 1997.
Not trying to be clever at all. Per my previous post, I have watched Steve Borden since he debuted and I've never liked the guy. All of my friends and I referred to him as Stink long before Hogan used that nickname in '97.

That said I get that the guy was a star, I just never got it. Putting aside that he ripped off not 1, not 2, but 3 personas, in the ring he was mediocre at best and I found his promos to be extremely annoying.

Sorry if I have offended all of you Sting-a-maniacs.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 09:00 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 450
I doubt it at this point.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote