HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
I only watch 1 game so far. How's Tinordi and Beaulieu ?

From what I read Tinordi is good, I saw he got his first fight... why did he fight ? To defend a teammate ?

Thanks guys!
Tinordi is looking good so far. Getting better and better every game. He's solid defensively and I think he has a decent skill set to work with (AKA I think he could develop an ok offensive game). I think that at his height, it will take a bit more time to get everything together, but this last game, he was very steady and made maybe one or two mistakes tops. His fight was during the Geoffrion's injury game agains the Crunch. The fight didn't happen on the same play, but the tempers were really high during that game.

Beaulieu started the season pretty good but defensively, it's very tedious. Last game (this morning) was pretty rough. He really was terrible in his own zone. He played like a guy with 0 confidence. I think part of it is that he's being asked a lot. He's been used as the go-to offensive dman and I think a lot of the chances he took didn't lead to very good results, so maybe he's more careful now. Pedneault was pointing out today that carrying the puck is his bread and butter but he wasn't doing much of that anymore, which was true at least for that game. Playing against the Crunch probably didn't help as they have a lot of AHL vets. He's showing tons of talents, but sometimes looks completely lost in his own zone.

---

Unrelated to your questions, I thought Dumont had another very solid game, especially offensively. He was all over the puck and was constantly creating turnovers.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

According to this article posted today at 24H03(?), Desjardins is expected to comeback Friday against the Marlies.

Old
11-15-2012, 04:38 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Going into the season we all thought this, but Mayer has been in beast mode. Even if it is a fluke Desjardins isn't going to give us much more than the Mayer we've seen this year.

Mayer has hardly been letting in soft goals, it's just that the Dogs aren't very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I agree with this. I don't see Desjardins making much of a difference - he's less likely to melt down than Mayer potentially could, but S Bah and montreal were being unfair on Mayer, who was probably playing the best stretch of hockey in his life regardless of the stats. Desjardins is likely a bit better but he's a borderline NHL backup, not the messiah, and it's hardly the issue anyway.
Actually I have been watching the games on AHL/Neulion live & Archives so it's very easy to say that Mayer has played poorly.While not expected to be Price he is expected to stop pucks.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:36 AM
29dryden29

Not sure if I can post this here but I have 2 tix for Fri night Dogs Marlies in Hamilton section 105 row 17 seats 4 and 5 if anyone is interested please PM me I am in London. I can't use them now so I am hoping to find someone who can.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:28 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
I only watch 1 game so far. How's Tinordi and Beaulieu ?

From what I read Tinordi is good, I saw he got his first fight... why did he fight ? To defend a teammate ?

Thanks guys!
Among all the rookies, Tinordi is the guy that has surprised me the most. To be honest with you, I didn't have a lot of expectation towards him at the beginning of the season. But it turns out he has played quite well, skated faster than I thought, his puck handling is not too bad neither.
In my opinion, he is now better than Beaulieu. Among the D, I'd rank him #2, after St-Denis.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
According to this article posted today at 24H03(?), Desjardins is expected to comeback Friday against the Marlies.
Good news indeed!

Old
11-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

It's not shocking the Bulldogs have had an up and down start with 5 rookies on defense most nights plus a pile more rookies up front along with a lot of veteran injuries.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Leblanc should be back soon also

Old
11-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Actually I have been watching the games on AHL/Neulion live & Archives so it's very easy to say that Mayer has played poorly.While not expected to be Price he is expected to stop pucks.
I'm not trying to say Mayer is a great keeper but even great keepers aren't going to "stop pucks" when the defense in front of them is completely useless, as it has been for the Dogs at times this year. I was watching on typically low quality streams live so I could have missed some mistakes from Mayer, but he bailed them out tons of times and when you are getting consistently outplayed odds are you will concede some.

Once again this is nothing to do with Mayer's quality, it's that he had very little, if anything to do with the Dogs getting blown out last week.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Mayer is no God prospect, but he's played decent, not poorly.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:34 PM
LeMAD

Imo Mayer is great since the start of the year playing behind a pretty terrible defense.

Dunno what kind of upside he has, but he sure looks like a legit prospect this year.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:35 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Mayer is no God prospect, but he's played decent, not poorly.
I think he's played well above average. He's kept the dogs in a few games they had no business being in. Stark contrast from last year, eh?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-15-2012, 04:57 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think he's played well above average. He's kept the dogs in a few games they had no business being in. Stark contrast from last year, eh?
Big difference from every time I've seen him. I'm still convinced it's not him wearing that jersey...

Old
11-15-2012, 06:11 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

anyone hear the latest on the whole bulldogs future... in march/april i want to buy season tickets for bulldogs or what ever hockey team is in Hamilton but dont want to buy season tickets if bulldogs arent going to be here..

Old
11-15-2012, 06:16 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

question about bulldog season tickets

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/tickets/season/

my question is the different between gold section and red section is 76 dollars looking at the seating chart i know the gold ur in the middle and can see the the whole rink but if the red section any different

Old
11-15-2012, 07:00 PM
TroyM

I'll throw my hat in the ring on Mayer too, he has looked good. Anyone putting him down is doing it with a bit of bias IMO. He's not stopping them all but he is making some amazing stops and keeping the team from being totally blown out at times, and as said, not getting much help. He let in a couple softies, but yeah, I'm somewhat impressed, I don't want to be too high on him, but I expected tragedy every night based on last year.

Still will be great to get Desjardins back, that can only help the team out and maybe lead to a few stolen wins.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Indeed. Looks like he actually belongs in the AHL.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:36 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Big difference from every time I've seen him. I'm still convinced it's not him wearing that jersey...
It's Price under the mask

He needs to be fit somehow

Old
11-15-2012, 10:40 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogsfanforum View Post
question about bulldog season tickets

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/tickets/season/

my question is the different between gold section and red section is 76 dollars looking at the seating chart i know the gold ur in the middle and can see the the whole rink but if the red section any different
I don't think there's much of a difference. I'd save the money and buy tickets in the red section.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:54 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Old
11-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Imo Mayer is great since the start of the year playing behind a pretty terrible defense.

Dunno what kind of upside he has, but he sure looks like a legit prospect this year.
Agreed. He was spectacular at the Bell Centre. The best player on the ice.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:02 PM
S Bah

Well I guess it's unanimous Mayer is the MVP so far this season.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:17 PM
domdo345

#HamOnt @BulldogsAHL forward lines: Quailer-Bournival-Palushaj, Blunden-Dumont-Gallagher, Nattinen-Boyce-Avtsin, Holland-Berger-Stortini

good news: Avtsin is playing.
Bad news: the lines. What a mess.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:23 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
#HamOnt @BulldogsAHL forward lines: Quailer-Bournival-Palushaj, Blunden-Dumont-Gallagher, Nattinen-Boyce-Avtsin, Holland-Berger-Stortini

good news: Avtsin is playing.
Bad news: the lines. What a mess.
Ya, why the heck is Holland on the 4th line.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:26 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

With not making much adjustments to this,

Quailer - Bournival - Palushaj
Blunden - Dumont - Gallagher
Nattinen - Boyce - Avtsin
Holland - Berger - Stortini

I would do,

Holland - Bournival - Palushaj