HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The VINCE SHOW--simply dazzling!

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 10:08 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
I saw Kane destroy the OHL in his Jr. days in London- but he had a stacked team and his line mates wre lest you forget Sam Gagner and Sergei Kostitsyn...so sure Kane put up 145 pts that year but Kostitsyn had 131 and Gagner had 118 (including 83 assists tying him with Kane in assists)--so that was a SUPER LINE --you could not say KANE alone "shone" ...

I am not saying Hinostroza could or could not have done that in the OHL at age 18 -but if he had such talented linemates and got the minutes and featured PP time kane did-maybe he could. He skates as well as Kane..his shot is better. The assists would have also piled up if playing with 2 talents like Gagner and Kostitsyn..

I can tell you that --even despite Kanes great offense in Llondon-I still questioned his defensive abilities or lack of --including DESIRE to check and play hard 2 ways ..I GUARANTEE HINOSTROZA is not a slacker in that area...

ALSO--HINOSTROZA was 5 months younger than Kane in his draft year.. for some kids whther you were born in th Fall of your draft year or in the Spring IS a big factor in where your development stage is -so it is a bit unfair comparing on 'the same year" basis given the age difference..

IN any case -it matters nothing what HINOSTROZA did last year-the fact is he has PROGRESSED to a higher level THIS YEAR ...I'm not sure KANe ever got back to his "magic hands" level of the London year ..it looked like he could score 40 goals in the NHL -but as we have seen --whle his passing has remained "elite" his goal scoring is at best good but not elite level .the magic hands do not seem to translate into filling the net as we all were led to believe by the expert scouts. As to Kane's defensive lay-it did get better- again no where near what we would like -but I guess at least acceptable..oVERALL a $6.3 million a year player_I guess with hockey salary inflation maybe alas he is worth that (because if he was a 100 point player (let alone the 88 we expected AT LEAST but got only 66 last year) then Rocky would need to pay Kane $10 million a year -it seems today you get $1million for every ten points or near that ...

ALSO --KANE was the first overall pick in his draft --you EXPECT "GREATNESS" from first overall picks..you expect NOTHING from 6th rounders ...yet WHATEVER we get from HINOSTROZA loloks like a BONUS --and so how can you dare criticize his awesome performance at the WJAC --it is hard to imagine KANE doing any better
--and nobody but an insamne coach would ever use Kane on the PK -so I don't see that VH's "value" is diminished by your statistical comparison of Kane's draft year(in the oHL) to Hinostroza's draft year (in the USHL) ... and yes KANE made the NHL rght after his draft year,Hinostroza obviously did not -but that is not to say the player I saw play last night couldn't make the NHL and impact if he fot the chance (which he won't) --99% of NHL'ers -including our favourite Blackhawks--are NOT as determined/driven as the kid I saw play last night. THIS ia a reverse "ESPOSITO" (Angelo Esposito whose lack of drive despite talent scouts ascribed to him made me
right away dismiss him when i recognized that lack of desire ) but HINOSTROZA attacks with a fire you can see oozes from every fibre in him ..it --apart from talent-is what will make him a great NHL'er once he gets there.

YOU all know mucomplaint on Kane's slacker performance last year --he showed way too much disinterest far too many games and periods of games last year ,,HE DID SLACK -and did not live up to his own talent ...Many nights one assist and out and he seemed satisfied he had done enough work for the evening . It was disgusting to watch suck lack of desire carried out for so few minutes in a game or even some games not existantat all ..He owes us more than that when hockey returns.

I have NO DOUBT I will ever question HINOSTROZA's desire -but maybe $$$$ will corrupt and counting one's bank account ahead of giving 100% most of the time will eventually corrupt him too-but somehow I do not think so..

With Kane -you could not miss the talent --but the fire to turn on the talent-well you could get by on talent alone at the JR. level --but at the pro level losing the fire inyour fibre produces 66 pts instead of the 88 normally expected in a sleepwalk or the 100+ he should have IF he got motivated ...

Maybe HINOSTROZA could never produce 100 point seasons in the NHL --but NEITHER IS KANE ! MAYBE HINOSTROZA has to work his butt off to ever produce the 66 points KANE gets in his sleep --but somehow I bet he'd ramp up the desire EVEN MORE to get that 66 up into the 80's...

I"m not saying VH has more talent than KANe--I'm saying the TALENT+DESIRE he has WILL provide impact once he gets to the NHL ..

Talent goes a long way-but as we see over and over in the NHL --so does desire..
BUT--nobody who saw the performance VH put on last night could doubt he ALSO posesses a lot of TALENT.
I don't even...

Even for you, this is a stupid post. It's funny that so much of it is about Kane (incl. a reference to his time w/ the Knights)...when this post gives the appearance you've never seen him play before in your life.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

I thought we'd all already agreed that Kane sucks, has no heart, never tries, isn't an NHL-quality player, and commits felonies every day of the offseason.

Kyle Turris though... can't get enough of that phenom.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Cullksinikers

I am really happy with Turris. He has been and will continue to be a fixture in our top-six. That Cup-winning goal was awesome, as well.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:43 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I thought we'd all already agreed that Kane sucks, has no heart, never tries, isn't an NHL-quality player, and commits felonies every day of the offseason.

Kyle Turris though... can't get enough of that phenom.
that sort of comment makes me think you've never actually watched kane before - had you seen him play you would have also added "can't play defense EVER!!!" and "is too small to be effective" to your haterade.

it's not my business to "call people out" on this board - but given the fact you ignored a bunch of "Kane Criticisms" i don't know if i can take your posts seriously anymore

Old
11-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

You put me in my place, UWT

Old
11-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
that sort of comment makes me think you've never actually watched kane before - had you seen him play you would have also added "can't play defense EVER!!!" and "is too small to be effective" to your haterade.

it's not my business to "call people out" on this board - but given the fact you ignored a bunch of "Kane Criticisms" i don't know if i can take your posts seriously anymore

OK ,,, enough

Let's get this thread back on track

(Can I have a little fun here? No harm, no foul!)

Old
11-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Cullksinikers

Anyways, I think there is no need to say he's the "savior" or anything. People can absolutely be optimistic, but they also need to have cautious optimism and wait until the sample size is bigger.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:52 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
OK ,,, enough

i was just joking in my post...you're too serious

and your ",,," makes me think you've been abducted by bwc

Old
11-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
OK ,,, enough

Post of the millennium.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:05 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

omg i was joking ... that's all.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

I think everyone here was joking, Username. Especially BWC, he's a riot.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:36 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
I think everyone here was joking, Username. Especially BWC, he's a riot.
yeah, that's what i thought..but i was afraid culk thought i was serious. what can i say...the most idiotic labour dispute of all time might curb an entire season and my "humour chip" misfires.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:49 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
yeah, that's what i thought..but i was afraid culk thought i was serious. what can i say...the most idiotic labour dispute of all time might curb an entire season and my "humour chip" misfires.
No worries, God knows I've done that a trillion times on here too.

I think we need to discuss just how dazzling the Vince show is.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:10 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
No worries, God knows I've done that a trillion times on here too.

I think we need to discuss just how dazzling the Vince show is.
Vince The Magnificent is an important addition to the team...given that Kane is too small, too defensively stupid, and too drunk to continue on w/ the Hawks much longer. I'd say trade Kane to the Oil for Gagner straight up...but given that Gag scored so many pts against up us last year they may not go for that...maybe they'd agree to give us a fourth rounder for Kane (MAYBE!).

Old
11-15-2012, 01:16 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Vince The Magnificent is an important addition to the team...given that Kane is too small, too defensively stupid, and too drunk to continue on w/ the Hawks much longer. I'd say trade Kane to the Oil for Gagner straight up...but given that Gag scored so many pts against up us last year they may not go for that...maybe they'd agree to give us a fourth rounder for Kane (MAYBE!).
I think what we really need to look at is... KANE'S +/- is a lowly -1 in SWITZERLAND...... clearly he is SLACKING there as he did here last yr--this is UNACCEPTABLE and KANE must be... -- frowned upon --- GREATLY.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:22 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
I think what we really need to look at is... KANE'S +/- is a lowly -1 in SWITZERLAND...... clearly he is SLACKING there as he did here last yr--this is UNACCEPTABLE and KANE must be... -- frowned upon GREATLY.
don't blame it on KANE. he has always had his problems. blame it on SEGUIN. from that team in BOSTON. you know the BRUINS. i think it's that seguin and kane are playing in SWITZERLAND and like to spend time in the CITY having fun and getting DRUNK.

maybe we could offload the very evil KANE to boston (and, of course, keep HINOSTROZA). Our team could trade KANE for KREJCI..we could also ask for HAMILTON but given that KANE has so many problems we should just SEE what we CAN GET.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Y'know, I'm still all in on trading Kane if it means acquiring the best player on the Senators.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:02 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Y'know, I'm still all in on trading Kane if it means acquiring the best player on the Senators.
no way there's *any* straight up Sens deal for Kane. none.

i'd still not trade him at all. i don't get why ppl want to.

in a "must trade him" lockout entertainment game - i'd go to the Habs and see what they'd give up. presumably price is off the table (but i wouldn't do that straight up).

leaving the problems w/ the lockout aside - i'd love to see up go after Anaheim players...Perry, Ryan, Getzlaf.

ignoring the lockout, perry's a ufa...and i can't see him being particularly attached to the team. getzlaf is as well - he's the C ... but that team is such a disaster why would he want to stay there long term? then there's ryan...but you get into a trade scenario.

i got bored earlier and started playing around on cap geek. hadn't noticed before that doughty has a $7 mill cap hit in LA until '19. he must love the city and the money...b/c they're going to lose interest in the team v. quickly.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Best player on the Senators, more like best player in the league. Kyle Turris makes Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Ovie, etc, look like fat old beer leaguers. Matter of fact only guy I wouldn't trade is Vince Hinostroza because he is the savoir of the team and the NHL.

OMG, offer Toews, Sharp and Kane for, you know we have to make it fair to the Sens for taking the best player ever, maybe even offer up Keith or Seabs, hell Kieth and Seabs. Because Turris and Hinostroza together = Stanley Cup no matter who else is on the ice. DO IT NOW STAN!

Old
11-15-2012, 03:42 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Best player on the Senators, more like best player in the league. Kyle Turris makes Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Ovie, etc, look like fat old beer leaguers. Matter of fact only guy I wouldn't trade is Vince Hinostroza because he is the savoir of the team and the NHL.

OMG, offer Toews, Sharp and Kane for, you know we have to make it fair to the Sens for taking the best player ever, maybe even offer up Keith or Seabs, hell Kieth and Seabs. Because Turris and Hinostroza together = Stanley Cup no matter who else is on the ice. DO IT NOW STAN!
this sort of post makes me think you've "never watched hockey before". only way we do something like this is if the Sens offer their 1st round pics for '13, '14', '15 as well.

even then...i'm worried.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
this sort of post makes me think you've "never watched hockey before". only way we do something like this is if the Sens offer their 1st round pics for '13, '14', '15 as well.

even then...i'm worried.
You've got to be joking.

If the Sens would give up Turris for the measly package SPT suggested, the Hawks need to jump on it so we can all enjoy 20 Cup wins in a row.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
no way there's *any* straight up Sens deal for Kane. none.

i'd still not trade him at all. i don't get why ppl want to.

in a "must trade him" lockout entertainment game - i'd go to the Habs and see what they'd give up. presumably price is off the table (but i wouldn't do that straight up).

leaving the problems w/ the lockout aside - i'd love to see up go after Anaheim players...Perry, Ryan, Getzlaf.

ignoring the lockout, perry's a ufa...and i can't see him being particularly attached to the team. getzlaf is as well - he's the C ... but that team is such a disaster why would he want to stay there long term? then there's ryan...but you get into a trade scenario.

i got bored earlier and started playing around on cap geek. hadn't noticed before that doughty has a $7 mill cap hit in LA until '19. he must love the city and the money...b/c they're going to lose interest in the team v. quickly.
I'm one of the last people on this board who would ever trade Kane

Old
11-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:

even then...i'm worried.
Are you out of your mind?

This is Kyle Turris we are talking about, the 2nd coming, those picks will likely have to go the other way and I am fine with that. For Kyle Turris I would offer up the rest of the roster minus our savior Vincent Hinostroza because those 2 alone will win the next 10 Stanley Cups GUARANTEED!

Old
11-16-2012, 04:05 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
This is going places. Lolz Turris.

Closed Thread