HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL draft 2013

Old
11-14-2012, 11:18 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

vCash: 500
NHL draft 2013

i saw no thread about the subject so...

its a deep draft this time, i tell you guys. i hope ken and babcock dont trade away the 1st round pic this year again.

what players do you guys want the wings to draft? i want some north-americans, enough with the euros. some powerforwards would be nice.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:49 PM
InjuredChoker

I don't hope they trade our first either, unless it's an absolute steal for us.

Would love to get an other first, but that doesn't seem realistic. Maybe if we have a season and we suck and Flip says he'll walk, then, possibly.

Preferably no winger, big C or D. Barkov or Jones would be too awesome. Would be ok with Lindholm, too bad he's increasing he's stock lately.

Of course I'd preferably want MacKinnon or Jones but I don't think we will draft that high; at least it's unlikely at this point. Zadorov, Erne, Hägg, De La Rose, Rychel, Buchenevich would all be nice if we have mid to late first. Haven't seen much of Hägg or De La Rose or Buch, but reports seem nice. Morrissey too.

I hope they won't take small winger unless he's clear BPA. Drouin doesn't count lol.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Any of these: Pulock, Barkov, Zadorov, Erne, Duclair, Sorensen, De La Rose, Drouin, Lindholm(HUGE WANT). Pretty much for me though, just pick the BPA... A really good Dman or a good center, or scoring winger.

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 04:27 PM
joe89

I think a top center prospect should be priority. But it's hard to say if there will be such a player available without knowing the draft position.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:43 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

de la Rose is awesome but I think we need somebody with a bit more top end offensive potential. I'd still take him if we end up picking later.

Agreed with joe89, Z and D are getting up there, it'd be awesome to get someone capable of replacing either. Barkov would be my top choice but it's impossible to tell where Detroit is picking at this point.. Barkov is a sure top 10.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:52 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

If we get around a Top 10 pick, I would be in favor of trading up for someone like Barkov, even if it costed a good amount.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:18 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuick View Post
de la Rose is awesome but I think we need somebody with a bit more top end offensive potential. I'd still take him if we end up picking later.

Agreed with joe89, Z and D are getting up there, it'd be awesome to get someone capable of replacing either. Barkov would be my top choice but it's impossible to tell where Detroit is picking at this point.. Barkov is a sure top 10.
Im with you on DLR. His offensive potential is still up in the air and I see him as a wing prospect aswell. Right now I wouldn't spend a top20 pick on him, I'd like some more apparent offensive potential that high. I saw he's 1+2 in last two games though after going 1+0 in 17, so maybe he's starting to break out. But if you draft him, you like everything else he brings first and foremost and then hope you hit the jackpot offensively.

If you're gonna trade up, you need to get into lottery pick range I'd say. I sense a lot of interchangeables after the first tier.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:57 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Lets just hope Bettman gives the wings the #1 pick of the draft after the season gets cancelled. It would be a sign from the hockey gods saying they want the wings to contend for another 20 years.

WingedWheel1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:21 AM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Preferably no winger, big C or D. Barkov or Jones would be too awesome.
This doesn't make any sense. You say you don't want a winger, a big center or a defenseman, but then you list a big center (Barkov) and a defenseman (Jones) as awesome picks?

Anchor Town is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:37 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
This doesn't make any sense. You say you don't want a winger, a big center or a defenseman, but then you list a big center (Barkov) and a defenseman (Jones) as awesome picks?
I think that should have been a period and not comma. Otherwise he just wants a tiny center or goalie.

Jones or Barkov would be wonderful but we would have had to have hit the draft lottery in an awesome way to make that happen. That or Datsyuk and Z go down to season ending injuries before the year starts.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:35 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Lol sorry, as RW19405 said I want big C or D, preferably. They are the biggest needs. This draft seems so stacked that the pick could be playing in 2 years. Picking another winger would just increase the bottleneck we already have. But if it's clear BPA, you do it anyway. Mentioned some possible wingers because I like how they play and could be steals at late first.

I would actually prefer goalie than another small winger. Especially if the winger can't skate for his life. Fucale seems such a stud. Though I have high hopes in Mrazek, competition doesn't hurt and we lack depth in that area. If Fucale is out there at 25 or so.. I'd probably go after him.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:39 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I think that should have been a period and not comma. Otherwise he just wants a tiny center or goalie.

Jones or Barkov would be wonderful but we would have had to have hit the draft lottery in an awesome way to make that happen. That or Datsyuk and Z go down to season ending injuries before the year starts.
Yeah, we have better chance to draft higher if we have a season. One more reason to hope that the lockout ends.

Old
11-15-2012, 04:03 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Yeah, we have better chance to draft higher if we have a season. One more reason to hope that the lockout ends.
That was not my point at all. We are still a playoff team with Datsyuk and Zetterberg down the middle. The only way I see us getting anywhere near both those players is if they are both gone for lengthy time periods.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:55 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
That was not my point at all. We are still a playoff team with Datsyuk and Zetterberg down the middle. The only way I see us getting anywhere near both those players is if they are both gone for lengthy time periods.
Yup, I know. Just saying.

I think we are borderline PO team. 6-10, unless we get upgrade on D.

Old
11-15-2012, 06:44 AM
ChadS

I agree we need a skilled center in the 1st round. We're ok in goalies, we have lots of d-men, couple of good wingers with top-6 potential and bottom-6 forwards. Järnkrok is really our only skilled center with top-6 upside and we can't rely on only him.

In terms of picks, I only know the Finnish prospects and not many realistic guys stand out. Barkov will be top-3 so without a trade that's not going to happen. Next ranked Finn is d-man Rasmus Ristolainen, who will maybe go 5-10, he's like a better and more all-around Sproul. Last Finn looking to go in the 1st is Artturi Lehkonen, a small&skilled winger so doesn't really fill the need. Not very good depth for Finland this year, maybe a goalie or two worth a look but the Wings won't probably pick one again.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote