HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Subway Super Series - Yakupov -6GP: 2G 2A

Old
11-15-2012, 01:36 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
Did Yakupov get one break out pass all game? SOme of those guys were just terrible. They just whip it up the boards for icing.
Sure didn't look like it. Their dmen couldn't even set him up for a onetimer from 15 feet away. I did notice a couple nice plays from him and 3 downright sick tape to tape, cross ice saucer passes.

Was anyone else laughing at how many times Shinkaruk did like 10 fakes to try and get around one guy only to caugh the puck up immediately?

My couple thoughts from the game were
A. Thank god we didn't take Sissons. The guy is seriously lacking speed. You could see St Croix just begging him to go faster.

B. Holy crap Morgan Reilly is good

C. Who the hell is #7 on Russia? He had no name and I can't seem to find him in the rosters, but he was EVERYWHERE tonight

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:57 AM
Qrispy

vCash: 500
Yakupov hasn't dominated this series but one thing I have noticed is how shifty he is. Can't wait to see him on the Oilers PP.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post

C. Who the hell is #7 on Russia? He had no name and I can't seem to find him in the rosters, but he was EVERYWHERE tonight
there is no #7 on the official roster of team Russia. maybe somebody tore his jersey and took the spare one. i myself caught up just in time for the shootout so i cannot help you with this one.

Comrade Blunderbore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Not aware of any 7. Although the draft eligible 15 showed a ton of potential.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:17 AM
Toydarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
there is no #7 on the official roster of team Russia. maybe somebody tore his jersey and took the spare one. i myself caught up just in time for the shootout so i cannot help you with this one.
The announcers were saying he was a late addition. He plays in the WHl.

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:22 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
The announcers were saying he was a late addition. He plays in the WHl.
That's what I was guessing. He looked damn impressive whoever he is

Old
11-15-2012, 02:26 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Only fresh legs on the squad. Alex Delnov from the '67 67 T-birds. He's a fur prospect. Fur as in a tallons too.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:40 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Only fresh legs on the squad. Alex Delnov from the '67 67 T-birds. He's a fur prospect. Fur as in a tallons too.
Is this English ?

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:42 AM
senorchang

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=4&id=189723&navid=DL|EDM|home
damn yakupov takes losing hard...ah ****... the oilers are gonna break yakupov.

senorchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:49 AM
ales83fan

Man I love this guy. His interviews are awesome and honest. He's hard on himself though, if he doesn't win. Hahaha man is it going to suck when he plays on the Oilers. He might just be the most competitive of the big 4......and that's saying something, because Hall is also a beast in this regard.

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Shanahanigans

Either its the coach's system or the players, but they don't know how to use Yakupov.

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:01 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Just popping in to say that Yakupov was amazing to watch live. Not looking foward to seeing him 6 times a year.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:28 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
Either its the coach's system or the players, but they don't know how to use Yakupov.
I wouldn't blame the coaches. They simply don't have anyone that can play his game. I remember one instance in particular where Yak was calling for the one timer in his usual zone and the dman at the blueline (from really quite close) missed him badly, and he stopped the puck, fired it back in frustration and banged on the ice where he wanted the puck. The dman then got it closer to where he wanted it and Yak unloaded a bomb. That for me was about all I needed to know. Put a guy like Schultz or Nuge out with him and he's going to look insanely good

Old
11-15-2012, 04:10 AM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

I honesty think Yakupov is a guy who will not only score but also make his teammates better as well. He's underrated (well maybe not quite as much anymore) for his playmaking abilities.

I can easily see him as a 40-40 type player and then moving up to the 50-50 zone as well eventually. I can see him becoming the #2 playmaker on the Oilers behind only RNH and the best goalscorer as well. Yes, I know Hall and Eberle will have something to say about that as well but the internal competition will motivate and push each other imo... which should be fun to watch.

I know every player does better with great teammates but I think even moreso with a guy like Yak who'll be lethal with guys he can give and go with once they get to know each others patterns and positioning on the ice.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:25 AM
NotoriousJatt

Send a message via MSN to NotoriousJatt
A couple things from the game today.. 1 he really is that damn exciting to watch! And 2 the highlight of my night was when I had my back turned to the ice with my Yakupov shirt against the glass, and a couple of my friends were banging on the glass and yelling for Yakupov to look, which grabbed his attention enough for him to casually skate by and wink at us when he saw me wearing his shirt! He's really going to be a fan favorite in Edmonton, and to top it off, I tweeted to him with my shirt and he retweeted it!

NotoriousJatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:45 AM
senorchang

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
I honesty think Yakupov is a guy who will not only score but also make his teammates better as well. He's underrated (well maybe not quite as much anymore) for his playmaking abilities.

I can easily see him as a 40-40 type player and then moving up to the 50-50 zone as well eventually. I can see him becoming the #2 playmaker on the Oilers behind only RNH and the best goalscorer as well. Yes, I know Hall and Eberle will have something to say about that as well but the internal competition will motivate and push each other imo... which should be fun to watch.

I know every player does better with great teammates but I think even moreso with a guy like Yak who'll be lethal with guys he can give and go with once they get to know each others patterns and positioning on the ice.
100 point scorer? really yakupov is malkin level? crosby level? seriously? jesus we know we have a good thing but cmon...

Old
11-15-2012, 04:57 AM
drmagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorchang View Post
100 point scorer? really yakupov is malkin level? crosby level? seriously? jesus we know we have a good thing but cmon...
So Sedins twins and C. Perry at Malkin\Crosby level? seriously?

You confuse 100-point scorer and perennial 100-point scorer.

drmagg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:17 AM
senorchang

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmagg View Post
So Sedins twins and C. Perry at Malkin\Crosby level? seriously?

You confuse 100-point scorer and perennial 100-point scorer.
Sedin twins at 100 point seasons were absolutely dominant. they led their club to be the best in the league. twice. that level was similar to malkin crosby level dominance.

When perry hit 98 points he was very well playing at crosby malkin level. he was possessed.

To put up that many points you have to be playing at crosby malkin level.

I dont think yakupov can be that good.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:22 AM
senorchang

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post

Old
11-15-2012, 06:12 AM
orangeshinpads
Katz isa manipulator

Saw the game live tonight.

Yakupov looked like a strong player out there. He made the most definitive passes to his teammates of anyone on the ice. They were really hard and on the tape. He didn't dominate many plays on his own or burn defenders too often. The most impressive aspect was the power play where he really took over for a few plays in the first period. You could see his quick feet and passing.

He'll be good, but I think he needs to jibe with other players that move and think as fast as he on a pro quality team. Not that these JR's were bad at all. Great game!

orangeshinpads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 07:01 AM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Quote:
so if Yakupov had been drafted by some american team I bet most people would put him in the same class as Malkin, and ovechkin..
us oiler fans arent used to players on our team scoring more than 65 points a season..

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:13 AM
AJGass4

His passes were amazing. The kid is the real deal. Like he said, they can cover me all they want but when I play for Edmonton, there's four or five other guys that they have to watch as well.

I don't know why this kid ever got a bad rap, he's an amazing talent and his love for the game and the fans is awesome. I cannot wait to see them all together.

I wish all the old timers in the NHL would shut up and let the kids have a vote, I believe we would already be on the ice.

AJGass4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:14 AM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Sedin twins at 100 point seasons were absolutely dominant. they led their club to be the best in the league. twice. that level was similar to malkin crosby level dominance.

When perry hit 98 points he was very well playing at crosby malkin level. he was possessed.

To put up that many points you have to be playing at crosby malkin level.

I dont think yakupov can be that good.
Given who he will be playing with he could be that good. He has a better shot than everyone you listed (edges out Crosby because he has a pretty amazing clapper).

Unlike anyone you listed he is going to need a playmaker to put up those numbers so he'll never be quite as valuable as they are.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

Russia head coach Varnakov said that Zharkov made a very good impression in his game vs OHL. maybe it's a sign of Daniil being considered thoroughly for participating in WJC.

Comrade Blunderbore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

#7 was alexander Delnov

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote