HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2012, 06:04 AM
  #576
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,563
vCash: 500
Latest hockeyprospect top30 ranking for 2013 nhl draft

http://hockeyprospect.com/2013-nhl-d...vember-14-2012

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 06:17 AM
  #577
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHP View Post
Latest hockeyprospect top30 ranking for 2013 nhl draft

http://hockeyprospect.com/2013-nhl-d...vember-14-2012
Nice to see Drouin finally being recognized for the talent he has.

S Bah is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 06:35 AM
  #578
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,216
vCash: 500
Duclair falling, I would like him in the 2nd round if keeps going down

katatoniak is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 07:58 AM
  #579
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,743
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Duclair falling, I would like him in the 2nd round if keeps going down
My god! Who could have ever predicted Duclair falling to the 2nd round?!

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
  #580
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,004
vCash: 500
I believe the Habs need to draft a big forward with a 2nd round pick,either Tyler Hill LW or Mike McCarron RW both 6'6" 220+ lbs. and can play hockey.Just my Opinion.

S Bah is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 08:57 AM
  #581
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,879
vCash: 500
I really can't see taking Drouin before Barkov or Lindholm, I'm sorry.

Surprised to see Gauthier rise that much.

Et le But is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 09:47 AM
  #582
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Snippin' Yank
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,282
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Duclair falling, I would like him in the 2nd round if keeps going down
He's only played 7 games due to injury, that's probably hurt his ranking more than anything. He's back now and producing nicely with 5 points in 3 games.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 11:54 AM
  #583
Rikiki Bousquet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I really can't see taking Drouin before Barkov or Lindholm, I'm sorry.

Surprised to see Gauthier rise that much.
Was thinking exactly the same thing.


Barkov and Lindholm are more proven, have played more games, and are bigger. The truth may be that Drouin will exceed expectations and become more than them in the NHL, but since drafting is a risk-managing task, and that Barkov and Lindholm may have the same ceiling as him, I predict he won't come out before those two.

I may be wrong, we'll see where it goes in time, but I feel the one who'll take Drouin before Barkov or Lindholm AT THIS POINT of the season is neglecting the risks only to see the possible rewards.

The Gauthier rise raises a lot more questions, and I'd like Jerome to provide us with explanations since it is a daring prediction. I'm intrigued.

As for me, I'm happy you kept Ristolainen up there with the best. From what I've seen, he'll be an awesome prospect to watch develop in the years to come.

Rikiki Bousquet is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 11:56 AM
  #584
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHP View Post
Latest hockeyprospect top30 ranking for 2013 nhl draft

http://hockeyprospect.com/2013-nhl-d...vember-14-2012
Dickinson has been a fast riser and I've seen him play a couple times this year. If we end up drafting 15th to 20th we should consider him as long as he keeps developing and playing consistently well I hope we end up with him or Nurse. We can use some size on our team, that might be the time to get some.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:40 PM
  #585
hockey365
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North of MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He's only played 7 games due to injury, that's probably hurt his ranking more than anything. He's back now and producing nicely with 5 points in 3 games.
It shows you how much opinions do change from person to person. The Hockey News will come out with their list in their next volume, they list the following for the Q prospects:

Nathan MacKinnon (1, Halifax)
Jonathan Drouin (7, Halifax)
Adam Erne (11, Québec)
Anthony Mantha (17, Val-d'Or)
Frédérick Gauthier (22, Rimouski)
Zachary Fucale (23, Halifax).

(According to Quebec's newspaper)

ISS didn't even rank Duclair and others. What matters is the May/June ranking, prior to that, only fuel for discussions!

hockey365 is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 01:14 PM
  #586
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
It shows you how much opinions do change from person to person. The Hockey News will come out with their list in their next volume, they list the following for the Q prospects:

Nathan MacKinnon (1, Halifax)
Jonathan Drouin (7, Halifax)
Adam Erne (11, Québec)
Anthony Mantha (17, Val-d'Or)
Frédérick Gauthier (22, Rimouski)
Zachary Fucale (23, Halifax).

(According to Quebec's newspaper)

ISS didn't even rank Duclair and others. What matters is the May/June ranking, prior to that, only fuel for discussions!
What really matters is the draft itself.

Fozz is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 01:27 PM
  #587
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I believe the Habs need to draft a big forward with a 2nd round pick,either Tyler Hill LW or Mike McCarron RW both 6'6" 220+ lbs. and can play hockey.Just my Opinion.
Hill is top 15 on most teams' lists.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 01:35 PM
  #588
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikiki Bousquet View Post
As for me, I'm happy you kept Ristolainen up there with the best. From what I've seen, he'll be an awesome prospect to watch develop in the years to come.
Ristolainen is easily one of my favourites in the draft, and while I'd rather get a forward I think he's a perfect fit for the Habs. He has his risks - he definitely needs to improve his positioning (he started his career as a forward and still thinks like one in some ways) and Finland hasn't produced a good NHL defender in god knows how long, but his upside is comparable to Jones.

Et le But is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 02:52 PM
  #589
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
New ISS Rankings

1. C - Nathan MacKinnon
2. D - Seth Jones
3. C - Aleksander Barkov
4. LW - Jonathan Drouin
5. C - Sean Monahan
6. C - Curtis Lazar
7. LW - Hunter Shinkaruk
8. D - Rasmus Ristolainen
9. D - Darnell Nurse
10. C - Elias Lindholm
11. LW - Andre Burakowsky
12. F - Valery Nichushkin
13. LW - Artturi Lehkonen
14. LW - Jason Dickinson
15. D - Ryan Pulock
16. D - Steve Stantini
17. D - Robert Hagg
18. F - Adam Erne
19. D - Nikita Zadorov
20. LW - Kerby Rychel
21. C - Jacob de la Rose
22. D - Keaton Thompson
23. C - Ryan Kujawinski
24. F - Hudson Fasching
25. D - Josh Morrissey
26. C - Frederik Gauthier
27. C - Viktor Crus-Rydberg
28. D - Shea Theodore
29. C - JT Compher
30. D - Ian McCoshen

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...draft-rankings

Previous rankings here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ings-for-2013/

That is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 03:05 PM
  #590
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 24,367
vCash: 500
Damnit, nurse. Stop rising.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 03:15 PM
  #591
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
MacKinnon is more agile and better laterally, I don't think he has the spark of Yakupov going forward from 0 speed. Yak is stronger and more physical...I certainly hope so he's 19 and MacKinnon is barely 17. They have 23 months between them.
From what I've seen I wouldn't say that...

RJQuack is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 09:13 PM
  #592
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
My god! Who could have ever predicted Duclair falling to the 2nd round?!
You, silly fella

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 09:48 PM
  #593
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
New ISS Rankings

1. C - Nathan MacKinnon
2. D - Seth Jones
3. C - Aleksander Barkov
4. LW - Jonathan Drouin
5. C - Sean Monahan
6. C - Curtis Lazar
7. LW - Hunter Shinkaruk
8. D - Rasmus Ristolainen
9. D - Darnell Nurse
10. C - Elias Lindholm
11. LW - Andre Burakowsky
12. F - Valery Nichushkin
13. LW - Artturi Lehkonen
14. LW - Jason Dickinson
15. D - Ryan Pulock
16. D - Steve Stantini
17. D - Robert Hagg
18. F - Adam Erne
19. D - Nikita Zadorov
20. LW - Kerby Rychel
21. C - Jacob de la Rose
22. D - Keaton Thompson
23. C - Ryan Kujawinski
24. F - Hudson Fasching
25. D - Josh Morrissey
26. C - Frederik Gauthier
27. C - Viktor Crus-Rydberg
28. D - Shea Theodore
29. C - JT Compher
30. D - Ian McCoshen

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...draft-rankings

Previous rankings here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ings-for-2013/
How did Lazar get that high...the offense isn't there

Mats86 is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 09:49 PM
  #594
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
You, silly fella
Remparts stars have a way of dropping down the ranks.

Beendair Donedat is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 10:01 PM
  #595
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Remparts stars have a way of dropping down the ranks.
It's not a draft year without a Remparts bust.

Et le But is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 10:03 PM
  #596
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Do you think Erne be good fit playing with Galchenyuk?

Mats86 is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 10:10 PM
  #597
vad87
Registered User
 
vad87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Do you think Erne be good fit playing with Galchenyuk?
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Erne...

It sounds pretty good as an All American line

vad87 is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 10:34 PM
  #598
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Erne...

It sounds pretty good as an All American line
That line would be ridiculously physical.

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 11:53 PM
  #599
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!
 
AJMHABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Do you think Erne be good fit playing with Galchenyuk?
Erne would certainly compliment Gally with his powerforward style.

AJMHABS is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 11:54 PM
  #600
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!
 
AJMHABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
How did Lazar get that high...the offense isn't there
No, the offense hasn't been there, but his defensive game has made up for it, that's for sure.

AJMHABS is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.