HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

assuming there is no season where do the top ufa's go?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2012, 08:20 AM
  #201
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Nathan Horton would be my top choice BIG fan of his

Lupul center Kessel



JVR grabovoski Horton

that would be ideal to me
Horton & Phaneuf on the same team? Horton despises Dion

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:23 AM
  #202
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,283
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
i like roy to but the injuries are a concern
But you want Horton

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:25 AM
  #203
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Horton & Phaneuf on the same team? Horton despises Dion
didn't know that why? even still peca hated tucker marchment and newendyke hated each other so it can be fixed

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:28 AM
  #204
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
But you want Horton
i know but his aren't as bad and i love his game and he adds size to our top 6 good outweighs the bad

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
  #205
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,283
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
i know but his aren't as bad and i love his game and he adds size to our top 6 good outweighs the bad
Yes but Clowe can bring the same at a smaller price tag.

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:43 AM
  #206
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Yes but Clowe can bring the same at a smaller price tag.
How do you know this? What if Clowe demands $5m per?

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:58 AM
  #207
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
didn't know that why? even still peca hated tucker marchment and newendyke hated each other so it can be fixed
I dont know 'why', but if you watch Leaf vs Bruins games, Horton goes out of his way to make sure Dion knows he's not liked

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:07 AM
  #208
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I dont know 'why', but if you watch Leaf vs Bruins games, Horton goes out of his way to make sure Dion knows he's not liked
that could just be part of the battle

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:10 AM
  #209
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
i like roy to but the injuries are a concern
Derek Roy has never had a problem with "injuries" he's had one serious injury in his entire career (torn quad). He's not Tim Connolly or Ales Hemsky. With that said go get him. I'd love the maple leafs to overpay for Derek Roy.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:12 AM
  #210
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,839
vCash: 500
As a Flyers fan the first thing I would do is hopefully buy out Bryz. Need an amnesty clause for that, but it has been discussed.

I would try to sign Nick Backstrom then. Have always liked him. Maybe could give him a 3 year deal worth 14 million? In that ball park.

Then go after one of Perry or Jerome Iginla. Perry would be better with age, but wouldn't mind either of them.

This all depends on what the salary cap looks like, but Homer had pulled crazy **** off before, but always has pulled off some head scratchers too.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:20 AM
  #211
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,283
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
How do you know this? What if Clowe demands $5m per?
Clowe is less talented, older and much slower, however he still adds the added size element that we are sorely lacking. The purpose of acquiring Horton would add an edge to our top 6 rather than actual offence,a role Clowe can fill just as well. I dont see him earning more than 4 mill.

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:26 PM
  #212
Zandar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
As a Flyers fan the first thing I would do is hopefully buy out Bryz. Need an amnesty clause for that, but it has been discussed.

I would try to sign Nick Backstrom then. Have always liked him. Maybe could give him a 3 year deal worth 14 million? In that ball park.

Then go after one of Perry or Jerome Iginla. Perry would be better with age, but wouldn't mind either of them.

This all depends on what the salary cap looks like, but Homer had pulled crazy **** off before, but always has pulled off some head scratchers too.
Crazy talk I say. Even with guys like Timonen moving on and Bryz being bought out, you have Read, Giroux, and Couturier all free agents in 2014 who will be due a raise. The cap hit of those 3 should double at the very least which will eat up a chunk of what the Flyers may be able to create in space. Would be dangerous to sink so much into big UFAs with big pieces of your core being free agents in 2014.

Zandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:25 PM
  #213
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Crazy talk to Leafs fans I know, but say the Kings lose Gagne and Penner. Lupul is good buddies with Carter and Richards and still has a house in So Cal IIRC, he might be a good fit.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Lupul-Richards-Carter

Also, if the Isles lose Streit and Lubo, maybe they look to add Scuderi?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:06 AM
  #214
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,943
vCash: 500
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but Clarkson isn't a Top-6 winger lol.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:55 AM
  #215
66-29-33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,459
vCash: 500
Perry-Crosby-Iginla? I'd go for 1 of them atleast, then try and help out the D. Perhaps Scuderi comes back.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:58 AM
  #216
WTFetus
Moderator
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
I dont see him earning more than 4 mill.
Given what other players are making, Clowe can easily look for 5+ million on the open market. 4.5 minimum.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:25 AM
  #217
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
I expect this season for the Leafs to be going after some of the top UFA's considering they will have lots of cap space after Connolly, MacA, Lombardi, and a few other contracts end.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the game plan every year for Leaf fans? Hows that been working out?

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:04 AM
  #218
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
As a Flyers fan the first thing I would do is hopefully buy out Bryz. Need an amnesty clause for that, but it has been discussed.

I would try to sign Nick Backstrom then. Have always liked him. Maybe could give him a 3 year deal worth 14 million? In that ball park.

Then go after one of Perry or Jerome Iginla. Perry would be better with age, but wouldn't mind either of them.

This all depends on what the salary cap looks like, but Homer had pulled crazy **** off before, but always has pulled off some head scratchers too.
Buying out Bryz has been discussed by whom. Is this speculation that the Flyer's brass would consider this or is this what fans are talking about. Because to buy him out right now you are pretty much setting fire to over $20M. That is the kind of mistake that people get fired for.


From an Oiler's perspective, Clowe and Edler would be my choice for the top targets that I believe they could have a shot at. Regher would also be of significant interest but not if his contract demands were too high.

Zajac would probably be my top choice, but I'd be surprised if he leaves NJ.


Last edited by Fourier: 11-16-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:10 AM
  #219
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but Clarkson isn't a Top-6 winger lol.
thats fine our top 6 wings are pretty solid but dispite what some say the bottom 6 needs work

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:26 AM
  #220
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the game plan every year for Leaf fans? Hows that been working out?
the ones that aren't realistic yes but even if the cap were to drop 10 million which i doubt it does i see it going down to 63 64 but even if it dropped to 60 the leafs have a ton of cap space with only lupul to re sign.

Throw in a free buyout which i 100% believe will be part of any cba since it was in the last one and you can say goodbye to komi and his 4.5 million and maybe liles to although I want to keep liles.

couple that with the fact SOME think burke job is on the line(not me) and and ya we expect to be agressive when the lockout ends

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:59 AM
  #221
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
the ones that aren't realistic yes but even if the cap were to drop 10 million which i doubt it does i see it going down to 63 64 but even if it dropped to 60 the leafs have a ton of cap space with only lupul to re sign.

Throw in a free buyout which i 100% believe will be part of any cba since it was in the last one and you can say goodbye to komi and his 4.5 million and maybe liles to although I want to keep liles.

couple that with the fact SOME think burke job is on the line(not me) and and ya we expect to be agressive when the lockout ends
I actually agree that the cap is likely around $63M or if it is at $60M then even with a make whole plan there is probably a roll back of the existing cap numbers. But if the cap was at $60M with no roll back the Leafs have less space than one might think.

Even with a free buyout of Komisarek, they would have about $23M to fill 11 roster spots. If they resign Lupul and Gunnersson that would eat up about $7-8M leaving them with $15-16M to fill 9 roster spots. Not a lot of money to go whale hunting. Certainly not enough for two of the better free agents.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:08 AM
  #222
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
I actually agree that the cap is likely around $63M or if it is at $60M then even with a make whole plan there is probably a roll back of the existing cap numbers. But if the cap was at $60M with no roll back the Leafs have less space than one might think.

Even with a free buyout of Komisarek, they would have about $23M to fill 11 roster spots. If they resign Lupul and Gunnersson that would eat up about $7-8M leaving them with $15-16M to fill 9 roster spots. Not a lot of money to go whale hunting. Certainly not enough for two of the better free agents.
how much do you expect gunnar to get? are you expecting upwards of 4 million?if so don't it won't happen

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:22 PM
  #223
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
how much do you expect gunnar to get? are you expecting upwards of 4 million?if so don't it won't happen
I don't think he gets much more than $3M but you are not going to resign Lupul for less than $4. That means that $7-8M for those two is pretty reasonable.

I'm nt picking on TO here. The Leafs do have more space than many teams. But if the cap does fall a lot without rolling back cap hits, it will be tough for a lot of teams to fit in multiple top end FA.

Those with cap space may not want to spend. Those that have the money generally do not have cap space. As such it may be a very strange year as far as trying to predict where the top UFA's end up.


Last edited by Fourier: 11-16-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:56 PM
  #224
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
Have many UFAs played their final games with their current teams?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ent-teams.html

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:15 PM
  #225
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,500
vCash: 500
Streit: I'll be interested in seeing if the isles try to re-sign Streit, if he wants to stay and what the terms of a new deal would be.

Vis: It'll stink if Vis never suits up for the NYI, after they gave up a 2nd for him. That's a gamble I supported because of the depth of their prospect pool, but I'd still love to see what he could bring to their blueline.

Reasoner: I won't be sorry to see Reasoner leave. Replace him on the roster with a younger, hungrier player from Bridgeport.

Nabokov: I hope he signs another 1 yr deal. That will let the isles, ease one of Nilson/Poulin into the starter's spot.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.