Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Subway Series

Old
11-15-2012, 12:37 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Good solid game by Lowry... he didn't stand out but basically no forward other than Shinkaruk for Canada stood out to me...
If he plays equally tomorrow as well he should be all but guaranteed an invite to the evaluation camp... but I don't see him with a strong chance making the team with the lockout

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:01 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

vCash: 500
Is it just me, or does anyone else think Griffin Reinhart is overrated? Looked super sloppy out there.

Duir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:39 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunk View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else think Griffin Reinhart is overrated? Looked super sloppy out there.
No...I'd agree and not just from this game. IMHO he looks to be the least likely D regular of the top10 drafted D

Old
11-15-2012, 04:16 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
That pairing with Dumba was the by far the worst out there tonight. Didn't make a lot of mistakes, but wasn't that effective either.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Good solid game by Lowry... he didn't stand out but basically no forward other than Shinkaruk for Canada stood out to me...
If he plays equally tomorrow as well he should be all but guaranteed an invite to the evaluation camp... but I don't see him with a strong chance making the team with the lockout
I agree. Lowry made his presence felt physically. He was tough to move around for the Russians tonight.

Old
11-15-2012, 06:03 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Quote:
No...I'd agree and not just from this game. IMHO he looks to be the least likely D regular of the top10 drafted D
Last year when we drafted I hoped Reinhart would be gone when it was our turn because I didn't want him and preferred Trouba at that time. He seemed to rise last year close to the draft based on his play during Edmonton's run. I think he will make a fine pro one day but he reminded me a bit of Dave Babych in the sense that he has the size and can use it but is not naturally mean. Its a personal preference thing but I wanted Trouba at that time and from what I have seen so far this year I feel more strongly about that now. time will tell I guess.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 06:09 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
With his size, character, and physicality he could be a bottom 6 professional at some point but he will need time in the system for sure. Not a natural but he could be a very important piece on a winning team in the future similar to a Jim Peplinski type.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:01 AM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
With his size, character, and physicality he could be a bottom 6 professional at some point but he will need time in the system for sure. Not a natural but he could be a very important piece on a winning team in the future similar to a Jim Peplinski type.
Or similar to his old man perhaps. Wouldnt that be beauty!

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Last year when we drafted I hoped Reinhart would be gone when it was our turn because I didn't want him and preferred Trouba at that time. He seemed to rise last year close to the draft based on his play during Edmonton's run. I think he will make a fine pro one day but he reminded me a bit of Dave Babych in the sense that he has the size and can use it but is not naturally mean. Its a personal preference thing but I wanted Trouba at that time and from what I have seen so far this year I feel more strongly about that now. time will tell I guess.
Agreed. And just looking at clips mind you, Trouba's skating is much, much better.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Huffer

I wish TSN and Sportsnet would get off Reilly's jock.

I like the kid and he's a good skater and looks to be a very nice prospect, but all the blathering about him constantly is [mod]

Reading posts on this site makes me believe that Leaf fans really do think this kid is the second coming of Bobby Orr. One poster just claimed that Reilly can skate better than 95% of the NHL.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 11-15-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: can't flame fanbases
Old
11-15-2012, 09:42 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I wish TSN and Sportsnet would get off Reilly's jock.

I like the kid and he's a good skater and looks to be a very nice prospect, but all the blathering about him constantly is [mod]

Reading posts on this site makes me believe that Leaf fans really do think this kid is the second coming of Bobby Orr. One poster just claimed that Reilly can skate better than 95% of the NHL.
I love the look of Reilly but we are getting a first hand feel for why the big smoke is so hard on prospects......expectations are nothing less than "saviour"

Old
11-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Anyone have the starting roster for Russia tonight?

Old
11-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Huffer

Quote:
I love the look of Reilly but we are getting a first hand feel for why the big smoke is so hard on prospects......expectations are nothing less than "saviour"
It's too bad really. I don't fully blame TSN and Sportsnet, because I realize that they are just acting in their own self interest. IOW, they know where their bread is buttered, and they cater to the GTA. So we get to see endless stories and articles on Leaf prospects in an attempt for ratings / hits, which in turn gets all the Leaf fans thinking that all of their prospects must really be the next great thing.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
It's too bad really. I don't fully blame TSN and Sportsnet, because I realize that they are just acting in their own self interest. IOW, they know where their bread is buttered, and they cater to the GTA. So we get to see endless stories and articles on Leaf prospects in an attempt for ratings / hits, which in turn gets all the Leaf fans thinking that all of their prospects must really be the next great thing.
Hit the nail on the head and I don't mean Yakupov

Old
11-15-2012, 10:35 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
I agree , Pepper is a pretty good comparison . I am a big first step quickness guy and have mentioned that he has some challenges in that regard , which can be improved through a lot of dilligent plyrometric training . I noticed he was slow with his stick a bit ,his hand quickness , especially in tight ,so it may be that he is still adjusting to his growing body. This isn't uncommon for someone his size of course and probably indicates he is several years from challenging for a bottom 6 spot in the NHL. That isn't a bad thing mind you , and you have to believe he will put in the requisite work and preparation to improve step by step , year by year.

He is going to be physically imposing to go with hockey smarts and being responsible defensively.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:45 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
I agree , Pepper is a pretty good comparison . I am a big first step quickness guy and have mentioned that he has some challenges in that regard , which can be improved through a lot of dilligent plyrometric training . I noticed he was slow with his stick a bit ,his hand quickness , especially in tight ,so it may be that he is still adjusting to his growing body. This isn't uncommon for someone his size of course and probably indicates he is several years from challenging for a bottom 6 spot in the NHL. That isn't a bad thing mind you , and you have to believe he will put in the requisite work and preparation to improve step by step , year by year.

He is going to be physically imposing to go with hockey smarts and being responsible defensively.
Luckily he knows that its his deficiencies and he wants to constantly work on it
http://www.swiftcurrentonline.com/in...346&Itemid=268

Old
11-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

In all fairness to Morgan Reilly, the kid is the real deal. I really don't like the Leafs at all, but that is one good pick up they got and I'll go out on a limb and say their best in a couple decades. Its a bold statement, yes, but he has all the tools and skill set to be a a top five D in the league.

Duir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:18 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
In all fairness to Morgan Reilly, the kid is the real deal. I really don't like the Leafs at all, but that is one good pick up they got and I'll go out on a limb and say their best in a couple decades. Its a bold statement, yes, but he has all the tools and skill set to be a a top five D in the league.
I agree.......despite the overhype from Toronto the kid is really dynamic with the puck. Take your pick but he does have a Duncan Ketih or Bryan Leech presence on the ice with his peer group. not sure how it holds up short term against NHL competition though?? Interesting to see if the leafs manage to screw this up?

Old
11-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Bob E

Reilly can skate, no doubt, but seemed a little lost in his end. Pulock seemed a bit nervous playing on the big stage, and reilly's roaming didn't seem to help him, in the period and half I watched. Reilly will need to develop his defensive game or he may turn into a one dimensional pp guy, if he can't be trusted defensively.

Shinkaruk played well, imo, and lowry was fine.

Dumba and Reinhart looked shakey to me. Not a fan of either, really.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Hansen Brother

Please excuse me, but it's Rielly, not Reilly. Carry on.

Hansen Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 06:41 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen Brother View Post
I thought it was Really

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:42 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen Brother View Post
Oh Reilly?

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:48 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Lowry-Smith-Lipon
Brassart-Hodges-St.Croix
Black-Fioretti-Holmberg
Lazar-McNeill-Rattie

Reinhart-Lowe
Rielly-Wotherspoon
Pouliot-Dumba

Brossoit
Comrie

Old
11-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

no stream for todays game?

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I guess Russia wants another look at Makarov.