HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #11

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 11:26 AM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Notice "special teams," and no, this defense is not better.
all the tds we were getting from sts are now coming from the defense.

And yes, this defense could be better. This is the best our secondary has ever looked under smith. Dline is about the same, and I guess LB's are worse since they are older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Par for the course for our resident Lions fan (so it seems, anyway).

Notice how even the chicago media has been talking about the disappointing season the bears offense has had the past two weeks? For most of us in the real world, the time to make excuses for cutler and the offense is over. He's been mediocre and the offense has been largely bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Cutler has been our best QB in a long time. I understand the beef with him because of some of his decision making and injury problems, but really, he is far from the major problem of this team. That start and ends with the offensive line.
Cutler being our best QB says absolutely nothing about how good he is. The bears have had something like 20 different starting qbs the past 13 seasons. if any of them were good, he'd probably still be here. The offensive line had one of their best games on sunday night, and cutler had one of his worst(but we can just attribute that to the rain, right?). The problems aren't all on the line, cutler frequently holds the ball too long, and then he compounds the problem by refusing to ever throw the ball away, exposing himself to even more hits and more lost yardage. Add questionable playcalling from a guy who never should have gotten the coordinating job in the first place, and you end up with an offense ranked bottom 5 in pretty much every category but rushing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Oh God

Sounds like a bad meatball call on the Score.
is it though? Its not like the guys on the score are doctors, so just because they mock callers doesn't mean its out of the realm of possibility that cutler's diabetes has and can effect his play.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Illinihockey

Yes, the rain had a ton to do with it. Schaub ended the game with 95 yards and 2 INT's. No QB had more than 100 yards passing in that game.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:39 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
I just have severe doubts that the fact he is a bit of a mental midget has anything to do with diabeties. Seems like something trying to make excuses for the guy would say. Just my opinion.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:42 AM
madgoat33

I dislike him as much as anybody, and certainly think he's lightyears behind elite qbs like brady, manning and rodgers mentally, but i also don't eliminate the possibilty his diabetes can have some negative effects on his play.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:43 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Yes, the rain had a ton to do with it. Schaub ended the game with 95 yards and 2 INT's. No QB had more than 100 yards passing in that game.
campbell had 97 in a half.

besides, schaub also didn't take his team out of FG position with a pick and then throw another pick just outside of fg range.

Looks like all it took was somebody willing to take what the defense gave him and not stare down one receiver or force a ball into double coverage(to a receiver who sucks anyway). I bet the game woulda been a lot better for us if campbell had started.

Last edited by madgoat33: 11-15-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old
11-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
campbell had 97 in a half.

Looks like all it took was somebody willing to take what the defense gave him and not stare down one receiver or force a ball into double coverage(to a receiver who sucks anyway)
45 yards of that came on one play when Marshall caught a ball in double coverage. If Marhsall catches that Cutler pass in the endzone (which hit him in both hands), Cutler would have had almost identical yards to Campbell.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:49 AM
RayP

If his diabetes were out of control, with his sugar levels being off the charts... He wouldn't be able to perform at any professional level on the field, period.

It's pretty absurd, IMO, to say that his diabetes are playing a factor in his mental state on the field. Hell, just a few days ago there was an article with him personally stating that he has learned how to deal with it and monitor his sugar levels...

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bear...4679925/cutler

Old
11-15-2012, 11:53 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
45 yards of that came on one play when Marshall caught a ball in double coverage. If Marhsall catches that Cutler pass in the endzone (which hit him in both hands), Cutler would have had almost identical yards to Campbell.
oh man, so our starter woulda had almost identical passing yards to our backup?!?!?!? ink him for life.

If kellen davis didn't drop that pass that hit him in both hands, then campbell woulda been over 100 yards.

We can play the what if game all day.

If cutler didn't senselessly force a pass into double coverage to a bad receiver, we probably would have gotten at least a FG and the whole game would have changed.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:09 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
If kellen davis didn't drop that pass that hit him in both hands, then campbell woulda been over 100 yards.
And if Marshall didn't drop a TD and if they didn't call the Hester catch and run back (was the wrong call, IMO, his whole body was not over the line) then Cutler is over 125. So what's your point, other than reaffirming your anti-Cutler agenda?

Old
11-15-2012, 12:41 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
oh man, so our starter woulda had almost identical passing yards to our backup?!?!?!? ink him for life.

We can play the what if game all day.

If cutler didn't senselessly force a pass into double coverage to a bad receiver, we probably would have gotten at least a FG and the whole game would have changed.
Are you even a Bears fan? You're so completely negative about every aspect of the team. Marshall is not a bad receiver, he's one of the top 5 in the game.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:05 PM
digdug41982

I'm about as critical of a Bears fan as can be but come on, this year is the one we have waited for our whole lives. It isn't perfect but let's just enjoy.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:25 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Are you even a Bears fan? You're so completely negative about every aspect of the team. Marshall is not a bad receiver, he's one of the top 5 in the game.
I'm not negative about the defense or Marshall or forte. pretty much just our overrated qb and in over his head oc.

the bad receiver i was talking about cutler forcing a pass to in double coverage was Kellen davis, and i don't think anyone would argue that he's not any good

Old
11-15-2012, 02:33 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'm about as critical of a Bears fan as can be but come on, this year is the one we have waited for our whole lives. It isn't perfect but let's just enjoy.
how is this the season we've waited for our whole lives? its barely half over and our starting qb is already concussed and the offense is inconsistent(at absolute best). though now that campbell is starting there may be some hope for the offense

Old
11-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Oh God

Sounds like a bad meatball call on the Score.
don't get me wrong. This is not meant to be an excuse.

I just wonder about this. I know former hockey players that had problems with this during games going into OT.
In Germany, a guy with sugar level problems nearly died in a car crash because he lost control of his car and had a blackout.

Just want to know this and I think in about 1 of the 16 games per season he might have a problem with the sugar level

Old
11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
how is this the season we've waited for our whole lives? its barely half over and our starting qb is already concussed and the offense is inconsistent(at absolute best). though now that campbell is starting there may be some hope for the offense
I agree but come on, we have never had an offense like this. Our defense is one of the best we've had. Comparably speaking, this is easily the best team the Bears have had in the last 20 years. I'm not saying we are a shoe in for the Super Bowl but this is traditionally a bad football town, by that I mean bad football teams.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Illinihockey

Alshon practiced today but was limited

Cutler and McClellin didn't practice.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:11 PM
madgoat33

hoping Jeffery comes back soon. mcclellin loss hurts or depth slightly, but at least it wasn't Melton or peppers

Old
11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
hoping Jeffery comes back soon. mcclellin loss hurts or depth slightly, but at least it wasn't Melton or peppers
Not really

He was #4 DE and hasn't done anything for nearly a month on the field

Ozougwu is likely an improvement at #4 DE at this point

Old
11-15-2012, 08:51 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Not really

He was #4 DE and hasn't done anything for nearly a month on the field

Ozougwu is likely an improvement at #4 DE at this point
All he said was that it slightly hurts their depth...you basically just agreed with him.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
All he said was that it slightly hurts their depth...you basically just agreed with him.
I view as likely improvement over McClellin so no it doesn't slightly hurt depth

If anything this make the DE unit stronger

Old
11-15-2012, 09:58 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Cutler has been our best QB in a long time. I understand the beef with him because of some of his decision making and injury problems, but really, he is far from the major problem of this team. That start and ends with the offensive line.
If by long time you mean ever, you're right.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:01 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
all the tds we were getting from sts are now coming from the defense.

And yes, this defense could be better. This is the best our secondary has ever looked under smith. Dline is about the same, and I guess LB's are worse since they are older.

Notice how even the chicago media has been talking about the disappointing season the bears offense has had the past two weeks? For most of us in the real world, the time to make excuses for cutler and the offense is over. He's been mediocre and the offense has been largely bad.

Cutler being our best QB says absolutely nothing about how good he is. The bears have had something like 20 different starting qbs the past 13 seasons. if any of them were good, he'd probably still be here. The offensive line had one of their best games on sunday night, and cutler had one of his worst(but we can just attribute that to the rain, right?). The problems aren't all on the line, cutler frequently holds the ball too long, and then he compounds the problem by refusing to ever throw the ball away, exposing himself to even more hits and more lost yardage. Add questionable playcalling from a guy who never should have gotten the coordinating job in the first place, and you end up with an offense ranked bottom 5 in pretty much every category but rushing.

is it though? Its not like the guys on the score are doctors, so just because they mock callers doesn't mean its out of the realm of possibility that cutler's diabetes has and can effect his play.
He's a multi-million dollar athlete. I'm sure he knows how to control his sugar levels to perform at his peak on Sunday.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Cullksinikers

DHF, you think Cutler is better than Luckman?

Old
11-15-2012, 10:05 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I view as likely improvement over McClellin so no it doesn't slightly hurt depth

If anything this make the DE unit stronger
You're admittedly anti-McClellin. You'd see me as an improvement. He's a rookie that's looked alright. Gotta temper expectations.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:08 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
DHF, you think Cutler is better than Luckman?
Who the hell knows? He played 70 years ago, and the pre-Superbowl era almost doesn't count IMO.

Closed Thread