Old
11-12-2012, 04:40 AM
aresknights

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Need something minor ASAP. Team is playing pathetic
And now? After 5W in a row?

The Knights will make a move or two this year but it wont be a reaction to a bad weekend. Marks smarter than that. Juat like he wont stand pat if the team is doing well and he feels he can improve it.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:10 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Jake Cardwell from the 67's is at home awaiting a trade. The move should happen tomorrow.
Dealt to Blv for three picks.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:12 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Damn. We were thinking he'd look really good in Ranger blue.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Ward Cornell

Clint Windsor(G) has gone from Missy to Ottawa for a 5th.
http://www.ottawa67s.com/article/67-...nce-two-trades

Old
11-12-2012, 10:10 AM
BigBuck

Quote:
Ottawa gets 3 decent picks for Cardwell from Belleville -Plymouth's third round pick in 2013, Oshawa's second round pick in 2014 and Saginaw's fifth round pick in 2014.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:42 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
Ottawa gets 3 decent picks for Cardwell from Belleville -Plymouth's third round pick in 2013, Oshawa's second round pick in 2014 and Saginaw's fifth round pick in 2014.
Wow, those are some nice picks. Guess Belleville is making a push.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:49 PM
OHLTG

Ottawa has dealt G Keegan Wilson to Guelph. I believe pick(s) are the return. This is per Twitter.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:53 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Ottawa has dealt G Keegan Wilson to Guelph. I believe pick(s) are the return. This is per Twitter.
7th rounder.

I like the move, the coaches obviously showed ZERO confidence in Jason DaSilva. A back up that can actually give Sparks a night off was needed. Sparks has faced the most shots in the OHL to date, and has started every single Storm game so far. And just like that Guelph has filled the 2 OA spots they had open within the last couple weeks.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Spitsfan67*

Expect to see a trade involving the spitfires very soon as Warren Rychel has made it public in the local paper that he promises changes, this team is behind schedule the loss of Khoklachev hurt but curtain players aren't performing the way they need to be. I'm thinking names like Meletta, Johnson, M. Clarke, Bateman, Studnicka, Bowen are players that might be moved as at least the first four names that I mentioned have not taken the next step that everyone wanted and expected.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
at least the first four names that I mentioned have not taken the next step that everyone wanted and expected.
Then expect a reduced selling price if they haven't met expectations.
It may be difficult to come close to getting what was given up for Bateman.

Old
11-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Somewhere on here I was lamenting on the 67's usage of their OA/Import slots for a relatively well-off market... now with Wilson and Cardwell traded and Mraz gone home... well... it gets worse.

I don't know if they're throwing in the towel as much as they just had to deal with some discontent issues from Cardwell and Wilson who seemed to be performing reasonably well (some defensive lapses from Cardwell, "adequate" goaltending from Wilson given the general lack of support in front of him - but both basically meeting expectations IMHO)... anyway there is ample room for the team to try to ensure a playoff spot, at least, or to try to drive back towards the .500 level if they turn around and try to fill those slots. Monahan, Ceci, and Graovac are good enough star power for that if they were surrounded with enough of a supporting cast.

I'm not sure how good Windsor is? I've thought Blair has showed promise in some tough games, but he's not ready to be #1 yet... don't know if Windsor is good enough to hold them in?

Surprising moves there...

Old
11-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Somewhere on here I was lamenting on the 67's usage of their OA/Import slots for a relatively well-off market... now with Wilson and Cardwell traded and Mraz gone home... well... it gets worse.

I don't know if they're throwing in the towel as much as they just had to deal with some discontent issues from Cardwell and Wilson who seemed to be performing reasonably well (some defensive lapses from Cardwell, "adequate" goaltending from Wilson given the general lack of support in front of him - but both basically meeting expectations IMHO)... anyway there is ample room for the team to try to ensure a playoff spot, at least, or to try to drive back towards the .500 level if they turn around and try to fill those slots. Monahan, Ceci, and Graovac are good enough star power for that if they were surrounded with enough of a supporting cast.

I'm not sure how good Windsor is? I've thought Blair has showed promise in some tough games, but he's not ready to be #1 yet... don't know if Windsor is good enough to hold them in?

Surprising moves there...
At this point, do you not think the 67's might be better off simply trading off some assets and going into rebuilding mode.

Traditionally the franchise has not done this. But, the question is, would it not be the smart thing?

Let's be honest. The 67's have drafted brutally the past few years. As of right now, they don't have any impact players from their 2011 draft. And 2010, it's basically Sean Monahan (who was a tremendous pick at 16). Gustavsen was a nice find late, but come on.

The 2nd round in particular has been bad for the 67's. Since 2009, you're looking at Aaron Taylor, Derek Hartwick, Peter Schinkelshoek, Taylor Fielding, Ryan Shipley, Mike Vlajkov (jury still out).

Odds are, Monahan is in the NHL next year. And Graovac and Ceci likely (almost certainly) in the AHL. What does that leave this team moving forward? Next year the team could be REALLY bad.

While I certainly can't see them doing it, they'd be smart to test the market for their big three, to try and get a few quality 1995's. The haul for all three would be quite substantial I would think.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:14 PM
RangerFan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
At this point, do you not think the 67's might be better off simply trading off some assets and going into rebuilding mode.

Traditionally the franchise has not done this. But, the question is, would it not be the smart thing?

Let's be honest. The 67's have drafted brutally the past few years. As of right now, they don't have any impact players from their 2011 draft. And 2010, it's basically Sean Monahan (who was a tremendous pick at 16). Gustavsen was a nice find late, but come on.

The 2nd round in particular has been bad for the 67's. Since 2009, you're looking at Aaron Taylor, Derek Hartwick, Peter Schinkelshoek, Taylor Fielding, Ryan Shipley, Mike Vlajkov (jury still out).

Odds are, Monahan is in the NHL next year. And Graovac and Ceci likely (almost certainly) in the AHL. What does that leave this team moving forward? Next year the team could be REALLY bad.

While I certainly can't see them doing it, they'd be smart to test the market for their big three, to try and get a few quality 1995's. The haul for all three would be quite substantial I would think.
All three to kitchener!!!! I no its not gonna happen, but dream big right?

Old
11-15-2012, 05:24 AM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan14 View Post
All three to kitchener!!!! I no its not gonna happen, but dream big right?
for Gilbert, Pederson, Shmaltz and a but load of picks im sure someone has the authority to get it done.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:04 AM
aresknights

Since were playing GM -Jammes, Pawley, Liberati n a few picks for Monahan, Ceci.
Not advocating the move from either side just curious

Old
11-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post

End of the day... I don't know. At least doing these moves a little earlier than deadline shopping days maybe helps them decide. I don't think rebuild is usually the way they want to go, but if Wilson and Cardwell forced their hand a bit, at least now they have a chance to evaluate things for a few extra weeks to see if anything makes sense with Ceci/Monahan/Graovac, see if the team starts to move out of the doldrums with the changes or not.

I'm not so sure that Monahan will be in the NHL next year, but regardless of that, even if he's back he won't have much around him at all and it will just become a question of trading him next year instead. Unless they add quality 17-18-year olds with deals right now. Which of course wouldn't be easy, since they don't have a lot to trade.

I guess we'll see. The rebuild would probably make sense.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Since were playing GM -Jammes, Pawley, Liberati n a few picks for Monahan, Ceci.
Not advocating the move from either side just curious
Not even close. Monahan would be the best forward on London and arguably Ceci would be their best D. If you said Harrington was better I wouldn't have an issue with that. In return you would give Ottawa a couple 4th liners and a 7th D? Aren't you a generous guy.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Not even close. Monahan would be the best forward on London and arguably Ceci would be their best D. If you said Harrington was better I wouldn't have an issue with that. In return you would give Ottawa a couple 4th liners and a 7th D? Aren't you a generous guy.
The picks would obviously be a big part of it.
Pawley and Jammes are both rooks. Jammes was rated high in draft year and is from Ottawa area, Pawley had a great jrB year. Id expect both to project at at higher than 4th line player. Liberati is a skilled rook dman. 3 roster players for the next 3 years min plus 4 high picks (2nds and a 3rd maybe)? For a half year rentals? I think that would help the 67s rebuild.
Swap Platzer or Elie for one of kids mentioned if it helps.

I guess it all depends on IF they wanna sell and whose buying. Stranger deals have happened (2 2nds for Watson-Campbell for the world as examples) It all depends

What do you think it would take?

Old
11-15-2012, 11:32 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
The picks would obviously be a big part of it.
Pawley and Jammes are both rooks. Jammes was rated high in draft year and is from Ottawa area, Pawley had a great jrB year. Id expect both to project at at higher than 4th line player. Liberati is a skilled rook dman. 3 roster players for the next 3 years min plus 4 high picks (2nds and a 3rd maybe)? For a half year rentals? I think that would help the 67s rebuild.
Swap Platzer or Elie for one of kids mentioned if it helps.

I guess it all depends on IF they wanna sell and whose buying. Stranger deals have happened (2 2nds for Watson-Campbell for the world as examples) It all depends

What do you think it would take?
Who's to say Jammes and Pawley just aren't of Chase Hatcher quality that got dealt in the Watson deal?

Any deal from the perspective of Ottawa needs to begin with Horvat, a D and lots of picks. If not then Tierney, Patterson (both 94s) and Ottawa really needs goaltending and lots of picks.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:39 AM
OSA

I think these trades start with the team's 1st rounder from the past draft. For London, that would be Liam Herbst, the goalie. He's a good goaltender and I'm sure there would be interest but seing as how he's not on the roster this year, I'm not too sure how that would work. In reality, if you're a Knights fan you can expect something like Bo Horvat, Josh Anderson + picks.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:41 AM
OSA

Or what Rayzor proposed....

Its basically Bo Horvat then start adding.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:13 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Who's to say Jammes and Pawley just aren't of Chase Hatcher quality that got dealt in the Watson deal?

Any deal from the perspective of Ottawa needs to begin with Horvat, a D and lots of picks. If not then Tierney, Patterson (both 94s) and Ottawa really needs goaltending and lots of picks.
Hatcher was part of the Watson deal? I thought he went there earlier in the year.

Comapring Jammes and Pawley to Hathcer? OK. Not sure i get that ( there not even close in talent or style) but... using that logic whose to say Platzer, Jammes isnt the next Tierney (2nd rd NHL pick?)

I doubt Horvat is moved.

I was just looking to get a feel on what it may take (only IF London goes for it instead of loading it up for next year, well see)

If going for it this year Im not sure what Mark would give up but I cant see Horvat or Domi moving, the rest of the kids not sure (Patterson/Herbst, Platzer, Pawley, Elie, Jammes, Liberati all be of some value to rebuilding teams) You have to pay to play thou and if a combo of those and 4 high picks dont get it done no worries, move on.

Just a hypothetical anyhow-not sure Mark would go that big or that Ottawa would be interested in moving those pieces.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Hatcher was part of the Watson deal? I thought he went there earlier in the year.

Comapring Jammes and Pawley to Hathcer? OK. Not sure i get that ( there not even close in talent or style) but... using that logic whose to say Platzer, Jammes isnt the next Tierney (2nd rd NHL pick?)

I doubt Horvat is moved.

I was just looking to get a feel on what it may take (only IF London goes for it instead of loading it up for next year, well see)

If going for it this year Im not sure what Mark would give up but I cant see Horvat or Domi moving, the rest of the kids not sure (Patterson/Herbst, Platzer, Pawley, Elie, Jammes, Liberati all be of some value to rebuilding teams) You have to pay to play thou and if a combo of those and 4 high picks dont get it done no worries, move on.

Just a hypothetical anyhow-not sure Mark would go that big or that Ottawa would be interested in moving those pieces.
IMHO....any seller that's tying to move more than 1 player will usually get more if sold separately.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:34 PM
aresknights

True enough.

The last time Mark got 2 star players in one deal (Tavares/DelZotto) it took a few years (2 straight sell years) to build the cupboard back up. So Im not sure he would again.

If he buys I hope he looks for one stud and a couple important role guys. (if not 2 studs 1F, 1D)

If he doesnt go for it, would he dare unload a Hughes/harrington at the deadline to ensure a good chance next year?

Old
11-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
True enough.

The last time Mark got 2 star players in one deal (Tavares/DelZotto) it took a few years (2 straight sell years) to build the cupboard back up. So Im not sure he would again.

If he buys I hope he looks for one stud and a couple important role guys. (if not 2 studs 1F, 1D)

If he doesnt go for it, would he dare unload a Hughes/harrington at the deadline to ensure a good chance next year?
Maybe it's just me but I think the best returns for a contending team is usually more or a real good second line player or 3rd or 4th d-man.
Look back at teams that acquired a true superstar they usually fell short of an OHL Championship/Memorial Cup.

Closed Thread