HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

He's a poor mans ____ but a better version of _____

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2012, 01:53 PM
  #51
Pheasant the peasant
Lupul Fan
 
Pheasant the peasant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,032
vCash: 500
Tyler Bozak is a poor mans first line center, but a better version of Matt Stajan.

Mikhail Grabovski is a poor mans Jordan Staal, but a better version of Brooks Laich.

JM Liles is a poor mans prime Kaberle, but a better version of Kaberle when we traded him.

Tim Connolly is a poor mans Danny Briere, but is better than nothing.

Cody Franson is a poor mans 2nd pairing D man, but an astronomically better version of Lebda.

Pheasant the peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 12:59 AM
  #52
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Kessel is a poor mans Sakic
Grabo is Jason Blake 2.0
Lombardi is a poor mans Marchant
Bozak is a very poor mans version of Peter Zezel
JVR is a very poor mans version of Jagr.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:15 AM
  #53
namttebih
Registered User
 
namttebih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East York
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
Nazem Kadri is a poor man's Pavel Datsyuk
Jake Gardiner is a poor man's Eric Karlsson
Oh yes. All of the D that Kadri plays makes him an excellent comparison to Datsyuk.
Do I need

namttebih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:17 AM
  #54
namttebih
Registered User
 
namttebih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East York
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheasant the peasant View Post
Tyler Bozak is a poor mans first line center, but a better version of Matt Stajan.

Mikhail Grabovski is a poor mans Jordan Staal, but a better version of Brooks Laich.

JM Liles is a poor mans prime Kaberle, but a better version of Kaberle when we traded him.

Tim Connolly is a poor mans Danny Briere, but is better than nothing.

Cody Franson is a poor mans 2nd pairing D man, but an astronomically better version of Lebda.
Nailed it

namttebih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:30 PM
  #55
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by namttebih View Post
Oh yes. All of the D that Kadri plays makes him an excellent comparison to Datsyuk.
Do I need
I compared the two because because they both have good hands and make the goaltender look like fools.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:17 PM
  #56
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
I compared the two because because they both have good hands and make the goaltender look like fools.
There are A LOT of other comparisons that could be out there that didn't have to involve one of the best two-way forwards in the game.

Kadri is a poor mans St.Louis but a better version of Robbie Schremp....hopefully?

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:14 PM
  #57
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Actually Kadri to me is a poor mans Sam Gagner- Both slow skaters, both don't have a scoring touch, both have excellent passing skills and hands to make plays. Kadri is Gagner 2.0 IMO.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 06:06 PM
  #58
Crabovski*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
Actually Kadri to me is a poor mans Sam Gagner- Both slow skaters, both don't have a scoring touch, both have excellent passing skills and hands to make plays. Kadri is Gagner 2.0 IMO.
I couldnt agree more

Gunnarsson is a broke mans Regehr but better than Komisarek
(not meant to compare styles just responsibilities)

Crabovski* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:05 PM
  #59
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabovski View Post
I couldnt agree more

Gunnarsson is a broke mans Regehr but better than Komisarek
(not meant to compare styles just responsibilities)
Actually I have to say if anything Gunnar is a poor mans Lidstrom, he's Lidstrom MINUS the offensive upside. Thats actually a complement because Lidstrom was a very quietly effective shutdown defencmen, one who used speed and positioning to neutralize opponents, Gunnarssom IMO has those same defensive characterstics.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:32 PM
  #60
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,466
vCash: 500
Gunnarsson is a poor man's Braydon Coburn.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 01:34 AM
  #61
jughead42
Registered User
 
jughead42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
I was wondering, a lot of the time people say some player is a poor mans ______ or that some players is a better version of ______. I wonder what that be like to do for the entire leafs roster.

I'll start

JVR is a poor mans Bobby Ryan
Grabovski is a poor mans Henrik Zetterberg
Phaneuf is a poor mans Shea Weber

Great idea.

Nazem Kadri is a poor man's Rob Schrempf
Nazem Kadri is a better version of that annoying kid you played road hockey with who would always try to stickhandle through the whole team before coughing it up.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 04:50 AM
  #62
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,662
vCash: 500
JVR is a poor mans Blake Wheeler. 40 pointer and no grit at all.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 01:51 PM
  #63
bunjay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
Kessel is a poor mans Sakic
Grabo is Jason Blake 2.0
Lombardi is a poor mans Marchant
Bozak is a very poor mans version of Peter Zezel
JVR is a very poor mans version of Jagr.
These arw all good ones except the second. As far as I could tell Blake wasn't aware that you're allowed to pass the puck in the NHL.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 02:41 PM
  #64
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
These arw all good ones except the second. As far as I could tell Blake wasn't aware that you're allowed to pass the puck in the NHL.
Thanks. Here's why I think Grabo and Blake are similiar: Both aren't overly skilled and both rely on elite speed and hard work to create chances for themselves and their linemates, both are small players, both at their peak put up 50-60 points, both lack vision on the ice, both players really don't have an above average NHL shot.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 02:43 PM
  #65
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Great idea.

Nazem Kadri is a poor man's Rob Schrempf
Nazem Kadri is a better version of that annoying kid you played road hockey with who would always try to stickhandle through the whole team before coughing it up.
LOL I have a friend like that in road hockey, the guy has amazing speed but he tries to go 1-on-3 with everyone and ends up either tripping himself or turning the ball over, lets put it this way very easy to shut him down

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.