HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Frolov v.s Hemsky

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2003, 11:59 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Frolov v.s Hemsky

Who would you rather have???
Frolov ~ 19 pts in 26 games
Hemsky ~ 18 pts in 25 games

Old
12-08-2003, 12:11 PM
MOOSE55

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
Who would you rather have???
Frolov ~ 19 pts in 26 games
Hemsky ~ 18 pts in 25 games
Frolov has been on a tear lately, so I'll go with him......he is bigger(I think) and better defensively. Hemsky is probably the better playmaker while Frolov the scorer

Old
12-08-2003, 12:11 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

tough one..
i'd go with Hemsky..

Old
12-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Edmonton needs Hemsky more, but for the majority of the NHL teams, I would say Frolov would be the better player. It is really a toss up, though.

Old
12-08-2003, 12:29 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Edmonton needs Hemsky more, but for the majority of the NHL teams, I would say Frolov would be the better player. It is really a toss up, though.
Hemsky(August, 1983) is over a year younger than Frolov(June, 1982) as well.

Size wise, the difference really isn't that big either. Hemsky (6'0", 192 pounds) vs Frolov (6'3", 195 pounds)

They will both be studs in the NHL. Frolov will probably have more goals than Hemsky and yet Hemsky will probably have alot more assists.

Old
12-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

This is quite an original comparison. I'll take Frolov.

Old
12-08-2003, 12:37 PM
DJ Spinoza

After finally seeing Hemsky play, I'd take him. Don't get me wrong, Frolov is a great player, but if it were the Pens I'd rather have Hemsky.

Old
12-08-2003, 12:44 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
After finally seeing Hemsky play, I'd take him. Don't get me wrong, Frolov is a great player, but if it were the Pens I'd rather have Hemsky.
Im not sure if I agree with you here, I think the Pens would rather have someone like Frolov who is a better defensive player then Hemsky, also check out there +/- stats so far

Hemsky -6

Frolov +11

that is just my opinion though

Old
12-08-2003, 12:49 PM
PigPen

Hemsky is the better stickhandler by far and his passing game is superior to Frolov's but that's about it.
Frolov is faster, has a better shot and he likes to use it, is stronger on the puck and makes a difference even when he is without the puck.

Now I'm not one of those Frolov fans who think he's going to be an 80-90 point guy but I do think he could become a 60-70 point 2-way winger with a little bit more experience.

Old
12-08-2003, 12:52 PM
punchy1

I would say they are both great and the single thing that seperates them is Frolov's stellar defencive play. Either one is solid and a good bet so as soon as Hemsky picks up his two way game I would say its a choose em situation. Horses for Courses. I agree that Frolov doesn't look like a 90 point producer but then not allot of players do who are solid at both ends. Two great young players.

Old
12-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Face Wash

Who does Hemsky lineup with??

Frolov plays on the Klatt-Belanger line and is extrememly responsible on his end and in the neutral zone. I haven't seen enough of Hemsky to make a real comparison but Frolov is inordinately strong on the puck with defensive smarts. Uses his body much the same way Allison does, but years before Allison was really good at it.

He's going to be a superstar I think. He's already putting it together.

Old
12-08-2003, 01:06 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
Who does Hemsky lineup with??

Frolov plays on the Klatt-Belanger line and is extrememly responsible on his end and in the neutral zone. I haven't seen enough of Hemsky to make a real comparison but Frolov is inordinately strong on the puck with defensive smarts. Uses his body much the same way Allison does, but years before Allison was really good at it.

He's going to be a superstar I think. He's already putting it together.
right now hemsky is playing with york-smyth starting last game against the pens. other than that, hemsky has been moved a lot from 1st line to 4th to sitting a game. He's been all over the place and played with the worse linemates where i believe his +/- dropped a lot. I havent seen frolov play so wouldnt know who to choose so i wont comment on who is better.

Old
12-08-2003, 01:25 PM
OilerMania83

Seeing as Hemsky is my favorite player, and I'm an Oilers homer...I pick...

Frolov...just joking.

But, I wish the Oilers had Frolov, he's in my top 5 up and coming players that I watch.

Comrie +5th for Frolov anybody??

Old
12-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Oilers Hockey

Some people are frustrated with Hemsky because he hasn't been playing that well so far this season. He's clearly been playing below his level most nights.....yet still amassed 18 points. Scary.

Old
12-08-2003, 01:44 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
Some people are frustrated with Hemsky because he hasn't been playing that well so far this season. He's clearly been playing below his level most nights.....yet still amassed 18 points. Scary.
the reason he wasnt producing imo, is as soon as he had a slump for couple of games mact (that bytch i hate), puts him with horcoff who is awful and sits him one game and just messes up with the lines but hopefully he can play like he did in the pens game and he'll start to light it up.

Old
12-08-2003, 03:31 PM
OilerMania83

Man....that Pittsburgh game...Hemsky shoulda had at LEAST 4 assists.

Marc Andre Fleury made a whole bunch of huge saves....

Hemsky and Fleury are awesome....

Old
12-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Hossa

I'll take Hemsky, but I would have to consider myself a bit biased considering I started raving about this guy to Oilers fans as soon as they had drafted him. It's close. I think Hemsky has a bit more top end potential than Frolov to be honest, but they're both fantastic players.

Old
12-08-2003, 06:23 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I would say they are both great and the single thing that seperates them is Frolov's stellar defencive play. Either one is solid and a good bet so as soon as Hemsky picks up his two way game I would say its a choose em situation. Horses for Courses. I agree that Frolov doesn't look like a 90 point producer but then not allot of players do who are solid at both ends. Two great young players.
i've only seen hemsky play a couple times...i dont remember much about him....but ppl seem to overlook the fact that frolov is very solid on D...frolov has been the kings best PK forward this year...also, he has really settled in as a point per game guy...watching him reminds me of allison a lot because he can get the puck, slow the game down and find the open man

Old
12-08-2003, 06:27 PM
DJ Spinoza

Mike Lange said that the way Hemsky was making certain plays reminded him of Kurri. Now I know the Penguins need better overall defensive play, but Hemsky is just sick from what I've seen.

Plus, I figure that right now, Pittsburgh really lacks a bonafide blue chipper with the offensive skills of Hemsky.

And part of me is hoping for a little Hemsky to Ovechkin action, in black and gold of course!

Old
12-08-2003, 06:33 PM
zeppelin97

Hemsky's has a bit more pure skill and will probably put up more points this year and next year.

Frolov's defensive game is vastly superior at this point (theres even room for improvement). Frolov has the frame and the strength to dominate physically, yet he's only 190 lbs now.

I would say frolov has the higher end potential. Let's wait and see what an even bigger frolov can do since power forwards notoriously take longer to develop. Hemsky is a safer pick long-term though.

We may have only seen a fraction of frolov's actual pontential.

Old
12-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97
Hemsky's has a bit more pure skill and will probably put up more points this year and next year.

Frolov's defensive game is vastly superior at this point (theres even room for improvement). Frolov has the frame and the strength to dominate physically, yet he's only 190 lbs now.

I would say frolov has the higher end potential. Let's wait and see what an even bigger frolov can do since power forwards notoriously take longer to develop. Hemsky is a safer pick long-term though.

We may have only seen a fraction of frolov's actual pontential.
By that same token, we may have only seen a fraction of Hemsky's potential as well...

Closed Thread