HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Keeper League: To Reboot, or Not To Reboot

Old
11-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

vCash: 500
How many teams do we have right now? 11? If it's 11 then I suggest we find some way to expand to a 12th team, and from now on anyone who does not participate fully for a season is kicked from the league and their team offered to someone new. This is a policy that I have had in a hockey league and a football league for nearly 10 years, and over time the result has been that we now have 12 teams that are fully committed, making for a much more interesting league.

PS: I'm also still a fan of head-to-head or some other method of increasing parity, but that discussion has been beaten into the ground I think.

11-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Chicago Made Punk
MVP #BoltUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Yeah that's one of the things I was hoping this thread would generate a bit more discussion from, some of the GMs that may or may not be returning. Obviously I know us two, Dale, Geehaad, and La Hurricanista are onboard. And Vagrant's almost certainly back as well, so that's a solid core of the returning GMs.

Actually looking at the yahoo site, looks like EVERYONE's back with a couple that didn't register yet. I know the draft has supposedly taken place already but that's easy enough to fix.

I'm OK with lessening the amount of keepers balanced with tweaking the keeper rule on prospects (say til say age 23 or by 4 seasons played, whichever comes first). And tweaking the scoring so that a team that a team that squeaks by one category doesn't get the same credit as another team outright dominating another. So going back to points based, just a more balanced version of it.
I'm sticking around as well.

Chicago Made Punk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Caniac4ever
Gleason 4 Norris

vCash: 731
I'm still in as well. I like the idea that BG put out, but will stick around no matter what is decided.

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:06 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldVonKimblestein View Post
How many teams do we have right now? 11? If it's 11 then I suggest we find some way to expand to a 12th team, and from now on anyone who does not participate fully for a season is kicked from the league and their team offered to someone new. This is a policy that I have had in a hockey league and a football league for nearly 10 years, and over time the result has been that we now have 12 teams that are fully committed, making for a much more interesting league.

PS: I'm also still a fan of head-to-head or some other method of increasing parity, but that discussion has been beaten into the ground I think.
If there's a way to do points, then head to head for playoffs then that's what would make the most sense IMO. But that's just me. Roto wasn't exactly working that well for the long haul.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Yes We Cam
$6.3 million backup

I want in if it's full reboot, partial reboot, one draft, multiple drafts, no draft, h2h, roto, or whatever it may be.

Yes We Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 04:14 PM
La Huracanista

Oops, did I lose my team? Didn't realize that we had to accept an invite due to the lockout. :/

La Huracanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 04:24 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

nope, nobody has lost their team, or at least you shouldn't have.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote