HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=doorman;55785519]When I made reference to "mortgaging the future" I was refering more to what i have read Van fans say they would like. I have no issues as said in past with your proposal, just prefer Kuli, and not cause he is a 20+ goal guy, more just that he is a hard worker and WANTS to be a Leaf. My other concern with Lou is I want a guy who WANTS to be here. I don't want a gut that has to be coaxed in the door. I want the guy who says, I can't play in To, F U i am gonna show you@!!![/QUOTE]

After the hammering he has taken by fans/media in Van, i have nothing but respect for how he's handled himself. If he waives his NTC to come here, it will be because he wants to be herte.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:10 PM
doorman

[QUOTE=Liferleafer;55785885]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
When I made reference to "mortgaging the future" I was refering more to what i have read Van fans say they would like. I have no issues as said in past with your proposal, just prefer Kuli, and not cause he is a 20+ goal guy, more just that he is a hard worker and WANTS to be a Leaf. My other concern with Lou is I want a guy who WANTS to be here. I don't want a gut that has to be coaxed in the door. I want the guy who says, I can't play in To, F U i am gonna show you@!!![/QUOTE]

After the hammering he has taken by fans/media in Van, i have nothing but respect for how he's handled himself. If he waives his NTC to come here, it will be because he wants to be herte.
Like i said if he wants to be here and at the right price, i am all aboard. Your price is liveable. I know especially as a new poster(to this board) I problem came off as a dick or unknowledgable to some and thats fine, my points had merit. I don't just wanna make the playoffs, I wanna be a contender baby, lol.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

[QUOTE=doorman;55786659]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post

Like i said if he wants to be here and at the right price, i am all aboard. Your price is liveable. I know especially as a new poster(to this board) I problem came off as a dick or unknowledgable to some and thats fine, my points had merit. I don't just wanna make the playoffs, I wanna be a contender baby, lol.
I totally agree...but playoffs first...baby steps!!

Old
11-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:

He sums it up nicely.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:23 PM
doorman

[QUOTE=Liferleafer;55786695]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post

That was more a reference to if we gave everything at once to aquire Loungo it leaves us nothing persay to aquire additional help down the road. But yes baby steps for sure. I do agree with Burke i don't wanna just make it to get run out in 4 games.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post

He sums it up nicely.
This video tells me 2 things...i gotta remember to shut the camera off...and man, my basement is a mess!!!

Old
11-15-2012, 12:48 PM
blendini

Quote:

He sums it up nicely.
LOL. Reminded me of the hoser brothers. 'Course this could have been Nuck fans crying about never winning the cup.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Numbers

Quote:

He sums it up nicely.
After watching this I feel worse for Leaf fans. Burke is just too dam stubborn

Old
11-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Numbers

Quote:
This video tells me 2 things...i gotta remember to shut the camera off...and man, my basement is a mess!!!
Good on you to take fun out of this.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Good on you to take fun out of this.
I have been a fan of this team all of my life. I watched guys like Keon,McDonald and Sittler get treated like dung. I suffered what i call "the 50 goal curse" years of Harold Ballard (score 50....you am outta here!!).I remember in the 80's, if we beat a good team in the regular season, it was like winning the cup. I still cry when i watch my "The passion returns" VHS movie because Cliff Fletcher made this team credible again. Now, we have suffered years of playoff futility. Luckily i am old enough to also remember "my guys" lifting the cup. I just want this team to win....period.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Numbers

Quote:
I have been a fan of this team all of my life. I watched guys like Keon,McDonald and Sittler get treated like dung. I suffered what i call "the 50 goal curse" years of Harold Ballard (score 50....you am outta here!!).I remember in the 80's, if we beat a good team in the regular season, it was like winning the cup. I still cry when i watch my "The passion returns" VHS movie because Cliff Fletcher made this team credible again. Now, we have suffered years of playoff futility. Luckily i am old enough to also remember "my guys" lifting the cup. I just want this team to win....period.
Well I hope that a trade will be worked out that will be fair to both sides.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Well I hope that a trade will be worked out that will be fair to both sides.
Bingo.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Ho Borvat

Toronto
Roberto Luongo
2nd Round Pick 2013

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri
Conditional 1st (Burke picks 2013 or 2014)
Tyler Biggs

Old
11-15-2012, 05:06 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Toronto
Roberto Luongo
2nd Round Pick 2013

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri
Conditional 1st (Burke picks 2013 or 2014)
Tyler Biggs
Nope.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Ho Borvat

As far as Kadri goes for Canucks, he holds some decent value (imo).

We have the luxury of being able to shelter certain players (see Hodgson).
Well likely have to shelter Kassian slightly this year, and a third line of Kassian, Kadri, Higgins/Hansen would Be a strong 3rd line.

A conditional first mitigates a lot of risk for Burke

Tyler Biggs would likely be a prospect Gillis would have interest in, but long term likely wont make or break Torontos future in any way.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:07 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
I won't argue, but part of this "building the team to compete" theory must include goaltending. I'll ask you the same question i asked seanlinden (and this isn't a proposal), where do you honestly see Kadri and Colborne on this team?
I don't, at least in the context of Kadri. Like I said, my preference would be to use Kadri as trade bait (either for a goaltender, defenceman, or centre). Colborne probably finds his way up when somebody gets hurt, and we see what we have.

If Kadri is the guy that Vancouver wants, then there's something that can probably get done... but talking about including Colborne or Toronto's first with Kadri is absolutely ludicrous.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Nope.
Ugh your back?

Y2K canuck got tired of asking for Gardiner + JVR + 1st and gave up...

Discussion got better when he left.

You should change your handle to Y2K Leaf.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:14 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
As far as Kadri goes for Canucks, he holds some decent value (imo).

We have the luxury of being able to shelter certain players (see Hodgson).
Well likely have to shelter Kassian slightly this year, and a third line of Kassian, Kadri, Higgins/Hansen would Be a strong 3rd line.

A conditional first mitigates a lot of risk for Burke

Tyler Biggs would likely be a prospect Gillis would have interest in, but long term likely wont make or break Torontos future in any way.
It's truly sad to see just how out of touch with reality Canucks fans truly are. An unwillingness to give up the first has nothing to do with risk, it has everything to do with the fact that the Leafs need their firsts for either a) Adding top rentals if they become good enough, or B) making their prospect system younger, as it is fairly old at this point.

As for Biggs, as a 19-year old who's a year removed from being a 22nd overall pick, no.

If Vancouver is set on prospects, they're best off pursuing older guys who the Leafs presently don't have room for.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
I don't, at least in the context of Kadri. Like I said, my preference would be to use Kadri as trade bait (either for a goaltender, defenceman, or centre). Colborne probably finds his way up when somebody gets hurt, and we see what we have.

If Kadri is the guy that Vancouver wants, then there's something that can probably get done... but talking about including Colborne or Toronto's first with Kadri is absolutely ludicrous.
This would be true if Kadri didnt have so many question marks around him right now.

Theres a lot of "ifs" around Kadri (and im a Kadri supporter), and he isnt a sure thig by any stretch.

If there are conditions on the 1st, I dont see why anyone would have an issue with basing it around Kadri + conditional 1st

Old
11-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
It's truly sad to see just how out of touch with reality Canucks fans truly are. An unwillingness to give up the first has nothing to do with risk, it has everything to do with the fact that the Leafs need their firsts for either a) Adding top rentals if they become good enough, or B) making their prospect system younger, as it is fairly old at this point.

As for Biggs, as a 19-year old who's a year removed from being a 22nd overall pick, no.

If Vancouver is set on prospects, they're best off pursuing older guys who the Leafs presently don't have room for.
So you would use your firsts for rentals.. But not for a guy under contract?

Biggs was picked 22nd overall.. Its not like were talking about moving Huberdeau or Nail by any means here. Thats like us saying we wouldnt move Jordan Schroeder...

Old
11-15-2012, 05:18 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
This would be true if Kadri didnt have so many question marks around him right now.

Theres a lot of "ifs" around Kadri (and im a Kadri supporter), and he isnt a sure thig by any stretch.

If there are conditions on the 1st, I dont see why anyone would have an issue with basing it around Kadri + conditional 1st
Again, you're simply asking for too much of Toronto's future.

As mentioned, the need for the first in Toronto has nothing to do with risk, it has everything to do with keeping the system stocked. The only way you could get a Conditional first with Kadri is if the condition on the first is that it can be changed to a 2nd on Brian Burke's whim.

If you want a first, that can be done... but forget about getting Kadri. We'll have to trade him elsewhere to try and recover that first.

Quote:
So you would use your firsts for rentals.. But not for a guy under contract?

Biggs was picked 22nd overall.. Its not like were talking about moving Huberdeau or Nail by any means here. Thats like us saying we wouldnt move Jordan Schroeder...
If you're in a position to contend, then you should absolutely consider moving firsts for roster players (rentals or not). When you're a team building for the future, you shouldn't be moving firsts for 33 year old players.

Nobody in Toronto wants Jordan Schroeder. The simple fact with Biggs, is that he's got a lot of upside and most importantly, will likely hold the same upside for the next few years. He's in a quite small group of Leafs prospects (Biggs, Rielly, Finn & Percy) for whom that is the case.

Last edited by seanlinden: 11-15-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old
11-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Again, you're simply asking for too much of Toronto's future.

As mentioned, the need for the first in Toronto has nothing to do with risk, it has everything to do with keeping the system stocked. The only way you could get a Conditional first with Kadri is if the condition on the first is that it can be changed to a 2nd on Brian Burke's whim.

If you want a first, that can be done... but forget about getting Kadri. We'll have to trade him elsewhere to try and recover that first.
Drop Vancouvers 2nd so its

Kadri + Biggs + 2nd
For
Luongo.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:

We don't have a problem with Kadri + Conditional first. What I do not like is adding in Biggs and Colborne. Honestly Colborne is our best shot at a big center right now and well Biggs is exactly what Burke wanted in a team trading him away just makes our team that much smaller. Also right now Biggs is playing well in the OHL and should be ready for the Marlies next year or even push for a job on our 3rd line. Rather keep him around.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:25 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Drop Vancouvers 2nd so its

Kadri + Biggs + 2nd
For
Luongo.
Getting closer... still gotta drop Biggs for some salary and/or an older prospect.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:28 PM
kthsn

Are Kadri and TO 1st valued the same?

I'd much rather have a TO first (15ish) then Kadri.

Closed Thread