HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Johan Franzen

Old
11-13-2012, 01:50 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
If either team is adding in a Franzen/Gleason swap, it would be Detroit
Completely disagree with that. Franzen is a 30 goal scorer with a proven playoff track record and a 3.95 cap hit. He will cost a decent chunk to acquire.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:00 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Completely disagree with that. Franzen is a 30 goal scorer with a proven playoff track record and a 3.95 cap hit. He will cost a decent chunk to acquire.
He also has a ridiculous contract and a history of injury, as well as questions about consistency. His playoff ability is also questionable after the past two seasons. It's not like Gleason is nothing either, he's a top pairing shutdown guy with a substantial amount of grit

DKQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 05:20 AM
InjuredChoker

Come on, almost all/many players have history of injury/injuries at the age Franzen and Gleason are at, though not as big as Franzen ad (I think I don't have any numbers). I don't think the injury has bothered him. Maybe made him little more lazy, along with he's contract.

Anyway, he's contract is only ridiculous if in next CBA the cap hit stays when player retires. And that may even come on Detroit.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 06:25 AM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
Ryan...as in Bobby Ryan??
Yep. Should've clarified that.

Last edited by Nyquist: 11-13-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:31 AM
MuffinMan

What about something along the lines of Orlov+ for Franzen?

MuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:18 AM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
What about something along the lines of Orlov+ for Franzen?
Not sure if Orlov brings more then Kindl would in this situation. Other then youth. The + would have to be pretty big to get rid of Franzen for a guy they pretty much already have in their line-up.

This is not a knock on Orlov. Just don't see him as an aprovement to our existing guys.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:35 AM
MuffinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
Not sure if Orlov brings more then Kindl would in this situation. Other then youth. The + would have to be pretty big to get rid of Franzen for a guy they pretty much already have in their line-up.

This is not a knock on Orlov. Just don't see him as an aprovement to our existing guys.
So what else would Detroit be interested in?

I know the OP said you guys arent interested in prospects/picks so i dont know what else you guys would want.

Theres always Johansson/Laich but for defense theres not much else i think the caps could offer.

MuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:42 AM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
So what else would Detroit be interested in?

I know the OP said you guys arent interested in prospects/picks so i dont know what else you guys would want.

Theres always Johansson/Laich but for defense theres not much else i think the caps could offer.
My opinion would be if the Wings were looking to move Franzen it would be for a Dman who would be in the top 4 immediately. No need to really move him unless it upgrades are D position. Straight up for a #2 or #3 guy or adding to Franzen to get a # 1.

If you want to do a Carlson for Franzen + I' m all for it.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:24 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
If either team is adding in a Franzen/Gleason swap, it would be Detroit
When Wings thought it was an even trade they were about to say "thanks but no thanks" and hang up the phone. After your goofy proposal, Holland is now laughing his arse off and speed dialing all his golfing buddies to tell them how funny and out of touch people are with trade proposals...

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:30 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
My opinion would be if the Wings were looking to move Franzen it would be for a Dman who would be in the top 4 immediately. No need to really move him unless it upgrades are D position. Straight up for a #2 or #3 guy or adding to Franzen to get a # 1.

If you want to do a Carlson for Franzen + I' m all for it.
Red Wings already have too many top 4 dmen... they need a top paring guy that can help fill the void of Lidstrom (impossible), but they don't need more 2nd paring guys... DRWs have them in abundance.

Franzen isn't going to return a Duncan Keith type guy.. and frankly, I don't think a Duncan Keith kinda guy would help improve them enough for a cup run to make it worth while. Because now they have 30+ goals to fill with the loss of Franzen...

DRWs defense isn't bad, it's just as not as good 3 or 4 years ago when they had Lidstrom and Rafalski in their prime. Now they have better goaltending and, imo, are deeper on defense with Smith/Covo/Ericsson over Meech/Lebda/Lilja.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:05 PM
The Red Line

Only see him being moved as part of a package for a first pairing Dman, and even that is unlikely at this point.

Consistency issues aside, Franzen is a huge part of the Wings offense, has led the team in goals for several of the past seasons, and has a very modest cap hit (which could be very valuable with new CBA and lower cap).

If the Wings move Franzen, then..... Samuelsson..? becomes their best sniper? Yikes.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

vCash: 891
Franson for Frazen

It will confuse casual fans

Thee Implication is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsToronto View Post
Franson for Frazen

It will confuse casual fans
Oh, I can guarantee you such a trade would confuse more than just casual fans. For different reasons, though.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:23 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
When Wings thought it was an even trade they were about to say "thanks but no thanks" and hang up the phone. After your goofy proposal, Holland is now laughing his arse off and speed dialing all his golfing buddies to tell them how funny and out of touch people are with trade proposals...
Thank you for adding to the conversation. See, I had assumed Holland would be in such a good mood from watching the Nyquist Explosion that he would be willing to do trades which were fair for both teams. My mistake.

DKQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:28 AM
HTT3*

Quote:
Thank you for adding to the conversation. See, I had assumed Holland would be in such a good mood from watching the Nyquist Explosion that he would be willing to do trades which were fair for both teams. My mistake.
The only part of your post that I agree with is the Nyquist Explosion (I love that sayin' and I suspect Red Wing fans will be chanting it for many, many years to come!) . The rest of your post is farce... unless there is different (better) Tim Gleason than the one who plays for the 'canes.

Old
11-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Not saying i would but would Robert Scuderi be fitting ur needs?
We need a shutdown defenseman like him but obviously just Scuderi wouldn't be enough. Especially since Scuderi is a free agent after this year and there might not even be a season.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:05 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
We need a shutdown defenseman like him but obviously just Scuderi wouldn't be enough. Especially since Scuderi is a free agent after this year and there might not even be a season.
How about one of theses two options

1 Robert Scuderi and Andrei Loktionov for Johan Franzen and a 3rd

or
2 Robert Scuderi and Brad Richardson for Johan Franzen and a 3rd

again not saying i would but curious on the value

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

I could of swore last week Detroit was needing MORE top 6 forwards and now they have too many? What dramatic thing has happened in the past week?

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I could of swore last week Detroit was needing MORE top 6 forwards and now they have too many? What dramatic thing has happened in the past week?
We never really needed more. We just want (not really a need) a legit goal scorer to play with Datsyuk. Brunner, Tatar, and Nyquist have all been great. Between them, Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, and Cleary, we will have two more top six players to go with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, and Filppula.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
How about one of theses two options

1 Robert Scuderi and Andrei Loktionov for Johan Franzen and a 3rd

or
2 Robert Scuderi and Brad Richardson for Johan Franzen and a 3rd

again not saying i would but curious on the value
Not saying either is bad but Detroit already has way too many forwards, especially young nhl ready forwards. And considering Scuderi is a UFA after this year you're not very close to be honest.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:34 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Not saying either is bad but Detroit already has way too many forwards, especially young nhl ready forwards. And considering Scuderi is a UFA after this year you're not very close to be honest.
Fair enuff i know what ur saying la has alot of young defenseman that can be offered with suderi. There are some assumptions on this trade happening oviously. It would proberly be a deadline type deal and the season would be happening. As for the other defenseman take ur choice of Thomas Hickey Nicolas Deslauriers Davis Drewiske or Andrew Campbell or throw me a counter offer?

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 06:15 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Quote:
Fair enuff i know what ur saying la has alot of young defenseman that can be offered with suderi. There are some assumptions on this trade happening oviously. It would proberly be a deadline type deal and the season would be happening. As for the other defenseman take ur choice of Thomas Hickey Nicolas Deslauriers Davis Drewiske or Andrew Campbell or throw me a counter offer?
My guess is both teams are going to be in the playoffs and not looking to get rid of either guy. Especially Detroit and Franzen's past playoff performances. If Scudari was available its possible to offer prospects and draft picks but not the Wings top scorer.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:24 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Franzen would be a great addition to the Devils. What would we have to add to Henrik Tallinder?

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 07:40 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADevil3034 View Post
Franzen would be a great addition to the Devils. What would we have to add to Henrik Tallinder?
Wings and Devils are good trading partners.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 07:48 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Wings and Devils are good trading partners.
That's what I thought. We have a surplus of NHL defensemen, and you guys need one. Taking into consideration NTC's, intangibles, etc., the most realistic Devils D trading chip is Tallinder.

Given our holes up front, we'd rather package Tallinder to nab a player like Franzen, rather than giving Tallinder for futures. We need help now.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote