HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion Part XX)

Old
11-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

vCash: 500
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
RT @TSNResearch: Congratulations to Ilya Kovalchuk, he's the first player to lose $1m in the lockout (lost salary)

this made me lol for some reason

Ilkka Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 12:24 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
And let's not forget Gionta getting a face full of boards about 10 seconds before the major on Bernier. Any Kings fan bringing up the officiating can eat a dick. They were pretty good all series but I can't get over that 15 second sequence.
My rage kept snowballing throughout the duration of that penalty, though.
There was Kovy getting tackled at the blueline leading up to goal #3 and the linesman interfering with Volch leading to goal #4 that pushed me over the edge.

All that being said... the team did not play good enough to win and the loss was inevitable. Just a tough way to go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I've also been amused by people who say our defence was dominated by their forwards forechecking. That's nonsense, the reason we lost was because the Kings' defence was so good on the breakout and we couldn't set up our own forecheck offence.
That compressed 2-1-2 they set up in the defensive zone with all those short passes was incredible. I don't know if the team was too tired or too stubborn to adjust... but it was unbeatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
RT @TSNResearch: Congratulations to Ilya Kovalchuk, he's the first player to lose $1m in the lockout (lost salary)

I can see him shrugging it off and thinking "i still got another $10 coming my way"

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 12:30 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post

I can see him shrugging it off and thinking "i still got another $10 coming my way"
I would be willing to bet that whatever he's losing from the NHL is being covered in the KHL.

Maybe he can donate something to the Hurricane Sandy Relief fund since we had no problem paying a TON for his autograph and donating to the Lokomotiv fund.

The players care SO much don't they?

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:

I'm sure he's thrilled to be the winner of that race.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:32 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:

Pretty funny. How much is making in the KHL though? Making up for some of it at least.

HeliDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Wait! Parise, and Suter didn't lose more? Oh yeah they got the bonus/lockout protection! This isn't cap circumvention at it's finest?

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:14 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
I would be willing to bet that whatever he's losing from the NHL is being covered in the KHL.
Well most of it. I think he can only get something like $7.2 million over a full season because of some agreement between foreign leagues and the NHL (where they can only get 65% of their NHL salary during a lockout) though the Russian money is tax-free so that helps a little.

Parise and Suter lose among the least amount of money lol, their 'regular' salary is $2 million.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

LOL Don't know where to put this, I'm really not sure. But Brent Sutter has returned to coach Red Deer LOL! I'm not sure if this was brought up already. I'm not bitter, I'm really not, but that's pathetic. Serves him right. I'm still surprised he couldn't find some NHL job, even as an assistant. The only time he did anything worth a damn in his NHL coaching career though was the two years with us. Whoever I didn't agree with who said he was done in the NHL was right. I'm not sure he's done for good though, but still funny.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

^ If he didn't go into a friggin' Turtle-Shell during that playoff year when the Devils offense was rolling, perhaps he would've won a cup with us then.

He blew his shot......good riddance.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
^ If he didn't go into a friggin' Turtle-Shell during that playoff year when the Devils offense was rolling, perhaps he would've won a cup with us then.

He blew his shot......good riddance.
He succumbed to the ''Madden, and Pandolfo should get first line minutes, and lead forwards in ice time cause we're a defensive team'' like every other coach. Only it worked with the other coaches. With Sutter it did not, because first of all those guys were old, and as much as I loved them, it wasn't 2003 anymore. Not to mention the rapid decline of Pandolfo who was already a healthy scratch plenty of times that season.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
His tenure with the Flames was nothing but the slow decline of a once competitive team. That's why they got rid of him. I think he would have been more successful if he had stayed here.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
His tenure with the Flames was nothing but the slow decline of a once competitive team. That's why they got rid of him. I think he would have been more successful if he had stayed here.
I think he would have been too. I'm not bitter, but it is funny that he had to go back to coaching a junior team again, not to mention the junior team that's he's the owner of(I think he still is right?)

Why he played Madden, Pandolfo, and Shanahan so much that series I'll never know. It was truly baffling considering that was the first year in a long time that Madden, and Pandolfo did not lead forwards in on ice time for our team. Why he had to go back to them in the playoffs I can't quite get my head around.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:55 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I don't really have bitterness toward him anymore considering he probably put in a good word for us with his buddy DeBoer and vice-versa. I'd rather have DeBoer anyway but yeah, he could have done very well for himself here, maybe even be the GM in waiting.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I don't really have bitterness toward him anymore considering he probably put in a good word for us with his buddy DeBoer and vice-versa. I'd rather have DeBoer anyway but yeah, he could have done very well for himself here, maybe even be the GM in waiting.
Yeah that's what a lot of people said about him possibly becoming GM. I bet he wishes he could have that one back where he didn't go to Calgary. I don't want him, but it's sad he's gotta go back to the team he owns in juniors now.

The rumors turned out to be right. I remember hearing about him leaving mid season of 08/09. Though the rumors just said he wanted to go home. Not go home, and coach Calgary. It was very parallel to the Parise, and Suter package deal rumors that broke mid season. Team was supposed to be Detroit, and not Minnesota though. The Niedermayer's going to play for the same team was another rumor started that came true. Only they were supposed to go to Vancouver together, and not Anaheim.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl
Sources have indicated Bettman floated the idea to NHLPA that both sides take 2 week moratorium.This has NOT been discussed further. #TSN

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA And to clarify, Bettman didn't say league WON'T meet. Floated two-week break as a suggestion in wake of recent (non) events

Scottyk9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

What's that two weeks for? To sit on their *****?

Old
11-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Our beloved Status Quo.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:41 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Well Kovalchuk can't be too upset as he tears it up in the KHL:

For those who have not seen these snipes yet.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Does this two weeks start next week? Or did it already start this week? And haven't we done this before? Talk, throw a fit, ***** the other side out for 2 weeks, come back in 2 weeks, talk again, repeat? Didn't we just do this?

Old
11-15-2012, 09:47 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Does this two weeks start next week? Or did it already start this week? And haven't we done this before? Talk, throw a fit, ***** the other side out for 2 weeks, come back in 2 weeks, talk again, repeat? Didn't we just do this?
It's clear it's going to be a full season lockout I mean come on Fehr is a moron and so are the owners. They need to stop *****ing and play for the fans and generate revenue.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
It's clear it's going to be a full season lockout I mean come on Fehr is a moron and so are the owners. They need to stop *****ing and play for the fans and generate revenue.
I still don't think the whole season will be lost, but I also am not confident it will be played either. I'm sure they'll play me for a fool though.

This is extremely counter productive. Again what is this lockout for? What is the point? We know what the last two were about. Is it worth the damage?

Old
11-15-2012, 11:21 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
What's that two weeks for? To sit on their *****?
To run the clock down to what both sides seem to want anyway

If I were in a pollyannish mood I'd say they're not negotiating until mid-January anyway so wtf's the difference? They have no real reason to negotiate now as opposed to the last minute, since the Winter Classic and All-Star weekend are already gone, as are the first two months of the NHL season.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
To run the clock down to what both sides seem to want anyway

If I were in a pollyannish mood I'd say they're not negotiating until mid-January anyway so wtf's the difference? They have no real reason to negotiate now as opposed to the last minute, since the Winter Classic and All-Star weekend are already gone, as are the first two months of the NHL season.
I said myself after the Winter Classic was cancelled I can't see this starting before the date the game was supposed to be played, January 1st. I can't believe their gonna go through with this though.

Wonder what the ratings will be for next years SCF if there is one? Especially coming off a brutal SCF of LA vs NJ! They lost enough rating on us last June!

Old
11-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Devils Pride 26
BrickCityHockey*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post

Maybe he can donate something to the Hurricane Sandy Relief fund since we had no problem paying a TON for his autograph and donating to the Lokomotiv fund.

The players care SO much don't they?
The sense of entitlement in this post is giving me a headache. Lol, it was your decision to pay for his autograph. Give me a break.

You don't donate because you're rich, donating is a personal decision engaging in an act of kindness. Sure, it would be nice to see him ore anyone for that matter donating time, effort, and money be but the tone of this post has it come of as his duty to donate.

Devils Pride 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

If there is an amnesty buyout(Doesn't look like there will be one, but things change) instead of signing Gomez(No thanks) wonder what we'd have to pay to get Lecavalier? If it's like $3.5 million a year I would love to have him. Probably more towards $5 a year though for a 3 year contract. Don't want him at that. TB will likely buy him out. Too injury prone, and just not good enough to justify that cap hit with that many years left.

Buy out Volchenkov, sign Lecavalier. Maybe trade Larsson, ya know I'm trying my best Jacked impersonation here!

I am serious about Lecavalier though if the money is right. We almost traded Arnott for him back in 01 before the Dallas deal.