HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2012, 07:03 AM
  #601
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
I'm not sure either in a realistic world had high expectations. Everybody and his brother knew the Jets stink. Media bought high over 2 signings. I will say though the Bills 2nd half schedule looked so weak that it made them intriguing, then you yack about turnover and parity.

That being said....THE PLAYOFF RUN STARTS TONIGHT!

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 08:44 AM
  #602
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,411
vCash: 500
I can't stand analysts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Brooks
Their defense is also poised to get after Buffalo quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick
I'm fine with their speculations and guesses but that's just a dumb thing to say about a middle of the pack team (sack-wise) against one of the least sacked starting QBs in the league. Do they do any research before vomitting out these articles?

(if you feel like reading this nonsense: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...egain-momentum )

whiplash is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 10:32 AM
  #603
leeaf83
Registered User
 
leeaf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
I can't stand analysts:



I'm fine with their speculations and guesses but that's just a dumb thing to say about a middle of the pack team (sack-wise) against one of the least sacked starting QBs in the league. Do they do any research before vomitting out these articles?

(if you feel like reading this nonsense: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...egain-momentum )
To me it's also painfully obvious, it would be like saying 'the sabres opponents are poised to score on Ryan Miller' every DL is poised to get to the QB, it's their bread and butter, whether they do or not is another question.



Leaving for the ralph, i'll be wearing my #38 Mcintyre jersey.

leeaf83 is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 10:47 AM
  #604
Nibbler
Registered User
 
Nibbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ambassador to Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
Leaving for the ralph, i'll be wearing my #38 Mcintyre jersey.
So jealous.... ROCK THE HOUSE!

Nibbler is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 11:55 AM
  #605
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
We're really questioning if there's a better option than Chain Gailey? Really?
Gailey is a frustrating coach because he's actually capable of running a very effective offense, it's just that he puts too much faith in certain players, and occasionally makes questionable play calls.

Still, I think his offense combined with a decent defensive can get us to the playoffs. I prefer Chan over just about any coach we've had in recent memory.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:02 PM
  #606
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
To me it's also painfully obvious, it would be like saying 'the sabres opponents are poised to score on Ryan Miller' every DL is poised to get to the QB, it's their bread and butter, whether they do or not is another question.



Leaving for the ralph, i'll be wearing my #38 Mcintyre jersey.
Is that Bucky Brooks the former Bills WR Bucky Brooks?

aceface33 is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:03 PM
  #607
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Gailey is a frustrating coach because he's actually capable of running a very effective offense, it's just that he puts too much faith in certain players, and occasionally makes questionable play calls.

Still, I think his offense combined with a decent defensive can get us to the playoffs. I prefer Chan over just about any coach we've had in recent memory.
While I've certainly soured on Chan a bit this season, I can definitely agree with the bolded. I still can't understand the people pining for the Jauron days. Sure his winning percentage was better but I'd much rather watch a Chan-coached team than relive the DJ days. With Jauron, it always felt like we had an insurmountable climb to any sort of success and with Gailey, it seems more like if he just made 1 or 2 small tweaks on offense - and obviously if our defense wasn't so ****ing atrocious - the team could actually do something.

Obviously that's all very subjective, that's why it's an opinion, but I never want to see Jauron in a HC capacity again (wouldn't hate him as a DC, especially after watching Wannstedt do... whatever the **** it is he's doing to the defensive side of the roster),

whiplash is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 12:22 PM
  #608
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,190
vCash: 500
I want Perry Fewell back. Combine Gailey's offense with Fewell's defense, and this team is a playoff team. Maybe not a SB team necessarily, but a team that will compete for playoff spots year in and year out.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 02:06 PM
  #609
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14
 
CraniumCram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse/Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
I'm predicting a big win tonight, similar to the Redskins game last year. 'Phins are coming off two losses, one being against a team with a defense on par with ours at the moment (Tenn), and their confidence after that is probably a little shaken. As soon as they had a winning record, people were predicting playoffs, but a playoff team does not lose to the titans 37-3.

On the flip side, we played a very close game against the pats, and a close game (1st half at least) against the Texans, two top SB contenders. I think that if there is a game to turn our defense around, it's tonight in front of a packed home crowd on primetime. I forsee a lot of pressure on T-hill, resulting in several turnovers by the 'phins.

30-10 Buffalo over Miami, CJ Spiller with 190+ total years and 2 TD's. Callin it.

CraniumCram is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 02:10 PM
  #610
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I want Perry Fewell back. Combine Gailey's offense with Fewell's defense, and this team is a playoff team. Maybe not a SB team necessarily, but a team that will compete for playoff spots year in and year out.
He wanted to be the coach and Ralphie shunned him!

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 02:11 PM
  #611
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
I'm predicting a big win tonight, similar to the Redskins game last year. 'Phins are coming off two losses, one being against a team with a defense on par with ours at the moment (Tenn), and their confidence after that is probably a little shaken. As soon as they had a winning record, people were predicting playoffs, but a playoff team does not lose to the titans 37-3.

On the flip side, we played a very close game against the pats, and a close game (1st half at least) against the Texans, two top SB contenders. I think that if there is a game to turn our defense around, it's tonight in front of a packed home crowd on primetime. I forsee a lot of pressure on T-hill, resulting in several turnovers by the 'phins.

30-10 Buffalo over Miami, CJ Spiller with 190+ total years and 2 TD's. Callin it.
That NE D is too putrid to be a contender IMHO

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 02:17 PM
  #612
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I want Perry Fewell back. Combine Gailey's offense with Fewell's defense, and this team is a playoff team. Maybe not a SB team necessarily, but a team that will compete for playoff spots year in and year out.
That's letting Chan slide too much. The bottom line is that Chan is the head coach. He has final decision on what the defense should or shouldn't be doing. Wannstedt's schemes have obviously sucked, but Chan's still allowing them. Absolving Chan of all things defense just because he's an offensive minded coach is just wrong. It's ultimately his team, defense included.

Myllz is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 02:25 PM
  #613
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
That's letting Chan slide too much. The bottom line is that Chan is the head coach. He has final decision on what the defense should or shouldn't be doing. Wannstedt's schemes have obviously sucked, but Chan's still allowing them. Absolving Chan of all things defense just because he's an offensive minded coach is just wrong. It's ultimately his team, defense included.
Chan can be OC. Fewell DC. I'll be HC.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 03:26 PM
  #614
Pondslider
Registered User
 
Pondslider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
It was also Chan's decision to switch to the 3-4 (and hire a DC who had never coached it) when the team didn't have the personnel to run it and then after attempting to draft for it two years switched back to 4-3.

Pondslider is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 03:28 PM
  #615
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Chan can be OC. Fewell DC. I'll be HC.
That I'd be cool with. Minus you as HC.

But really, I'd be a lot more comfortable with Chan just being the OC. He still has dumb tendencies like favoring certain players (Fitz, Brad Smith, Fred, etc.), but his playcalling isn't all that bad. He's just not a game manager, which is why he shouldn't be HC. The team needs someone at the top to smack them all around when they do stupid stuff, which they're currently missing and everyone loses accountability.

Myllz is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 04:18 PM
  #616
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,411
vCash: 500
Any predictions? I'm hoping for a non-nailbiter but we don't seem to follow up crushing losses like last week's with complete games. 27-24 Bills, I'll say

whiplash is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
  #617
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Obviously that's all very subjective, that's why it's an opinion, but I never want to see Jauron in a HC capacity again (wouldn't hate him as a DC, especially after watching Wannstedt do... whatever the **** it is he's doing to the defensive side of the roster),
I couldn't stand Juaron. His post game comments used to drive me nuts.

"I'm just so proud of our team, they tried really hard" (After we get blown out)

"It's just so hard to win in this league." (After nearly every game)

"I don't want to embarrass anyone" (On letting off the gas against Dolphins after beating them 37-17)

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 05:32 PM
  #618
Pondslider
Registered User
 
Pondslider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Any predictions? I'm hoping for a non-nailbiter but we don't seem to follow up crushing losses like last week's with complete games. 27-24 Bills, I'll say
If the Bills don't let Tannehill look like Tom Brady or Reggie Bush run for 100 yards a half I'll be happy.

Pondslider is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 06:55 PM
  #619
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I couldn't stand Juaron. His post game comments used to drive me nuts.

"I'm just so proud of our team, they tried really hard" (After we get blown out)

"It's just so hard to win in this league." (After nearly every game)

"I don't want to embarrass anyone" (On letting off the gas against Dolphins after beating them 37-17)
Chan says the bolded too much (or words to that effect). I don't want him singling people out in the media but there's a fine line between praising effort and not demanding more. He's too nice sometimes.

whiplash is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
  #620
Longshot
Registered User
 
Longshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,515
vCash: 500
Beautiful run back!

Longshot is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM
  #621
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar
 
Taro Tsujimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clarence Center, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,720
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Leodis!!

Taro Tsujimoto is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 07:34 PM
  #622
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,190
vCash: 500
Damn beautiful return. Untouched all the way, read the blocks perfectly...excellent start.

But I have to question Gailey's playcalling there...Spiller didn't even touch the football!!

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 07:35 PM
  #623
Hnidy Hnight
Registered User
 
Hnidy Hnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,945
vCash: 500
Beauty return. Dont give up, next week will probably be the last time Buffalo is underdogs the rest of the season.

Hnidy Hnight is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 07:35 PM
  #624
Longshot
Registered User
 
Longshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Damn beautiful return. Untouched all the way, read the blocks perfectly...excellent start.

But I have to question Gailey's playcalling there...Spiller didn't even touch the football!!
I have to be honest. They lined up to punt and I thought: "Man it wouldn't be sweet if Spiller returned punts..."

Longshot is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 07:38 PM
  #625
Royisgone
Registered User
 
Royisgone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Maybe Mario is going to show up tonight!

He looked like Bruce Smith on that one!

Royisgone is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.