HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 07:03 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
I'm not sure either in a realistic world had high expectations. Everybody and his brother knew the Jets stink. Media bought high over 2 signings. I will say though the Bills 2nd half schedule looked so weak that it made them intriguing, then you yack about turnover and parity.

That being said....THE PLAYOFF RUN STARTS TONIGHT!

Old
11-15-2012, 08:44 AM
whiplash

I can't stand analysts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Brooks
Their defense is also poised to get after Buffalo quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick
I'm fine with their speculations and guesses but that's just a dumb thing to say about a middle of the pack team (sack-wise) against one of the least sacked starting QBs in the league. Do they do any research before vomitting out these articles?

(if you feel like reading this nonsense: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...egain-momentum )

Old
11-15-2012, 10:32 AM
leeaf83

Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
I can't stand analysts:

I'm fine with their speculations and guesses but that's just a dumb thing to say about a middle of the pack team (sack-wise) against one of the least sacked starting QBs in the league. Do they do any research before vomitting out these articles?

(if you feel like reading this nonsense: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...egain-momentum )
To me it's also painfully obvious, it would be like saying 'the sabres opponents are poised to score on Ryan Miller' every DL is poised to get to the QB, it's their bread and butter, whether they do or not is another question.

Leaving for the ralph, i'll be wearing my #38 Mcintyre jersey.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Nibbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
So jealous.... ROCK THE HOUSE!

Old
11-15-2012, 11:55 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
We're really questioning if there's a better option than Chain Gailey? Really?
Gailey is a frustrating coach because he's actually capable of running a very effective offense, it's just that he puts too much faith in certain players, and occasionally makes questionable play calls.

Still, I think his offense combined with a decent defensive can get us to the playoffs. I prefer Chan over just about any coach we've had in recent memory.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:02 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
To me it's also painfully obvious, it would be like saying 'the sabres opponents are poised to score on Ryan Miller' every DL is poised to get to the QB, it's their bread and butter, whether they do or not is another question.

Is that Bucky Brooks the former Bills WR Bucky Brooks?

Old
11-15-2012, 12:03 PM
whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Gailey is a frustrating coach because he's actually capable of running a very effective offense, it's just that he puts too much faith in certain players, and occasionally makes questionable play calls.

Still, I think his offense combined with a decent defensive can get us to the playoffs. I prefer Chan over just about any coach we've had in recent memory.
While I've certainly soured on Chan a bit this season, I can definitely agree with the bolded. I still can't understand the people pining for the Jauron days. Sure his winning percentage was better but I'd much rather watch a Chan-coached team than relive the DJ days. With Jauron, it always felt like we had an insurmountable climb to any sort of success and with Gailey, it seems more like if he just made 1 or 2 small tweaks on offense - and obviously if our defense wasn't so ****ing atrocious - the team could actually do something.

Obviously that's all very subjective, that's why it's an opinion, but I never want to see Jauron in a HC capacity again (wouldn't hate him as a DC, especially after watching Wannstedt do... whatever the **** it is he's doing to the defensive side of the roster),

Old
11-15-2012, 12:22 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

I want Perry Fewell back. Combine Gailey's offense with Fewell's defense, and this team is a playoff team. Maybe not a SB team necessarily, but a team that will compete for playoff spots year in and year out.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:06 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

I'm predicting a big win tonight, similar to the Redskins game last year. 'Phins are coming off two losses, one being against a team with a defense on par with ours at the moment (Tenn), and their confidence after that is probably a little shaken. As soon as they had a winning record, people were predicting playoffs, but a playoff team does not lose to the titans 37-3.

On the flip side, we played a very close game against the pats, and a close game (1st half at least) against the Texans, two top SB contenders. I think that if there is a game to turn our defense around, it's tonight in front of a packed home crowd on primetime. I forsee a lot of pressure on T-hill, resulting in several turnovers by the 'phins.

30-10 Buffalo over Miami, CJ Spiller with 190+ total years and 2 TD's. Callin it.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:10 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I want Perry Fewell back. Combine Gailey's offense with Fewell's defense, and this team is a playoff team. Maybe not a SB team necessarily, but a team that will compete for playoff spots year in and year out.
He wanted to be the coach and Ralphie shunned him!

Old
11-15-2012, 02:11 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
I'm predicting a big win tonight, similar to the Redskins game last year. 'Phins are coming off two losses, one being against a team with a defense on par with ours at the moment (Tenn), and their confidence after that is probably a little shaken. As soon as they had a winning record, people were predicting playoffs, but a playoff team does not lose to the titans 37-3.

On the flip side, we played a very close game against the pats, and a close game (1st half at least) against the Texans, two top SB contenders. I think that if there is a game to turn our defense around, it's tonight in front of a packed home crowd on primetime. I forsee a lot of pressure on T-hill, resulting in several turnovers by the 'phins.

30-10 Buffalo over Miami, CJ Spiller with 190+ total years and 2 TD's. Callin it.
That NE D is too putrid to be a contender IMHO

Old
11-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
That's letting Chan slide too much. The bottom line is that Chan is the head coach. He has final decision on what the defense should or shouldn't be doing. Wannstedt's schemes have obviously sucked, but Chan's still allowing them. Absolving Chan of all things defense just because he's an offensive minded coach is just wrong. It's ultimately his team, defense included.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:25 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
That's letting Chan slide too much. The bottom line is that Chan is the head coach. He has final decision on what the defense should or shouldn't be doing. Wannstedt's schemes have obviously sucked, but Chan's still allowing them. Absolving Chan of all things defense just because he's an offensive minded coach is just wrong. It's ultimately his team, defense included.
Chan can be OC. Fewell DC. I'll be HC.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Pondslider

It was also Chan's decision to switch to the 3-4 (and hire a DC who had never coached it) when the team didn't have the personnel to run it and then after attempting to draft for it two years switched back to 4-3.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Chan can be OC. Fewell DC. I'll be HC.
That I'd be cool with. Minus you as HC.

But really, I'd be a lot more comfortable with Chan just being the OC. He still has dumb tendencies like favoring certain players (Fitz, Brad Smith, Fred, etc.), but his playcalling isn't all that bad. He's just not a game manager, which is why he shouldn't be HC. The team needs someone at the top to smack them all around when they do stupid stuff, which they're currently missing and everyone loses accountability.

Old
11-15-2012, 04:18 PM
whiplash

Any predictions? I'm hoping for a non-nailbiter but we don't seem to follow up crushing losses like last week's with complete games. 27-24 Bills, I'll say

Old
11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Obviously that's all very subjective, that's why it's an opinion, but I never want to see Jauron in a HC capacity again (wouldn't hate him as a DC, especially after watching Wannstedt do... whatever the **** it is he's doing to the defensive side of the roster),
I couldn't stand Juaron. His post game comments used to drive me nuts.

"I'm just so proud of our team, they tried really hard" (After we get blown out)

"It's just so hard to win in this league." (After nearly every game)

"I don't want to embarrass anyone" (On letting off the gas against Dolphins after beating them 37-17)

Old
11-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Pondslider

Quote:
Any predictions? I'm hoping for a non-nailbiter but we don't seem to follow up crushing losses like last week's with complete games. 27-24 Bills, I'll say
If the Bills don't let Tannehill look like Tom Brady or Reggie Bush run for 100 yards a half I'll be happy.

Old
11-15-2012, 06:55 PM
whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I couldn't stand Juaron. His post game comments used to drive me nuts.

"I'm just so proud of our team, they tried really hard" (After we get blown out)

"It's just so hard to win in this league." (After nearly every game)

"I don't want to embarrass anyone" (On letting off the gas against Dolphins after beating them 37-17)
Chan says the bolded too much (or words to that effect). I don't want him singling people out in the media but there's a fine line between praising effort and not demanding more. He's too nice sometimes.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Longshot

Beautiful run back!

Old
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Leodis!!

Old
11-15-2012, 07:34 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Damn beautiful return. Untouched all the way, read the blocks perfectly...excellent start.

But I have to question Gailey's playcalling there...Spiller didn't even touch the football!!

Old
11-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Beauty return. Dont give up, next week will probably be the last time Buffalo is underdogs the rest of the season.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Longshot

Quote:
Damn beautiful return. Untouched all the way, read the blocks perfectly...excellent start.

But I have to question Gailey's playcalling there...Spiller didn't even touch the football!!
I have to be honest. They lined up to punt and I thought: "Man it wouldn't be sweet if Spiller returned punts..."

Old
11-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Royisgone

Maybe Mario is going to show up tonight!

He looked like Bruce Smith on that one!

Closed Thread