HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Ackles Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #10

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 03:42 PM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
See ya Tate, I can't wait for this game, I have tickets and it shall be great.

Are beers still $8?
Unfortunately they are and the selection is garbage. Try and hit up the beer girls that sell the cans from the giant coolers. That way you are guaranteed to get a fresh full glass. Last few times I got beers from the tap they were flat and the pour was questionable.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:43 PM
JBIZ14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Except the Stamps have Glenn who is just as capable as starter as Tate.
Lol...owwww you're serious? Nothing installs more confidence then a 'capable' QB when your facing the best D in the league.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:31 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
How is "White girl named Nicole" just as bad as what KM used? You might feel it was in bad taste because of the circumstances surrounding the situation but lets get real here. What KM used was a named associated with hate. The two aren't even in the same galaxy.

People really need to stop being so freakin sensitive.
So making fun of the deceased is okay, but using a racial slur isn't? I agree using a racial slur is disgusting, but making fun of the deceased is equally as disgusting IMO.

I agree though, people do need to stop being so sensitive. Sticks and stones, what a guy says on twitter just shows how intelligent or stupid one is. Everyone should let it go.

11-15-2012, 05:57 PM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
So making fun of the deceased is okay, but using a racial slur isn't? I agree using a racial slur is disgusting, but making fun of the deceased is equally as disgusting IMO.

I agree though, people do need to stop being so sensitive. Sticks and stones, what a guy says on twitter just shows how intelligent or stupid one is. Everyone should let it go.
You are way off base, y2k. It was implied that "White girl named Nicole" was the same as saying what KM said. They are not. Whether you see the reference Lewis made as offensive or just a poor use of words is subjective. One thin is for sure though and that is one is associated with hate and one is not. The meaning behind what Lewis meant or didn't mean had nothing to do with my quote so how you can turn that into me or anyone supporting it is beyond me.

Old
11-15-2012, 06:23 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
You are way off base, y2k. It was implied that "White girl named Nicole" was the same as saying what KM said. They are not. Whether you see the reference Lewis made as offensive or just a poor use of words is subjective. One thin is for sure though and that is one is associated with hate and one is not. The meaning behind what Lewis meant or didn't mean had nothing to do with my quote so how you can turn that into me or anyone supporting it is beyond me.
I'm not saying anyone supported anything, just that what Lewis said was equally as bad as what Mitchell said. I think both comments were stupid and both should be punished. Mitchell was fined by the league and suspended by his team. Lewis too was fined by the league, but his team didn't have the fortitude to suspend him. I can see people being appauled by both comments.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:44 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
How is "White girl named Nicole" just as bad as what KM used? You might feel it was in bad taste because of the circumstances surrounding the situation but lets get real here. What KM used was a named associated with hate. The two aren't even in the same galaxy.

People really need to stop being so freakin sensitive.
Perhaps lose somebody close to you and then see how you would feel if some idiot trivializes his or her death.

Maybe losing people close to me has made me sensitive, but that is just as distasteful in my opinion.

I'm curious how making fun of the deceased, in this case a victim of a violent murder isn't hateful.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:48 PM
MikeK

Quote:
I'm not saying anyone supported anything, just that what Lewis said was equally as bad as what Mitchell said. I think both comments were stupid and both should be punished. Mitchell was fined by the league and suspended by his team. Lewis too was fined by the league, but his team didn't have the fortitude to suspend him. I can see people being appauled by both comments.
Yes you did. The first line of your post read "So making fun of the deceased is okay, but using a racial slur isn't?"

Old
11-15-2012, 07:50 PM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Perhaps lose somebody close to you and then see how you would feel if some idiot trivializes his or her death.

Maybe losing people close to me has made me sensitive, but that is just as distasteful in my opinion.

I'm curious how making fun of the deceased, in this case a victim of a violent murder isn't hateful.
Now you're turning this into something else and putting words into my mouth. Your original post, the one I had quoted, implied that "White girl named Nicole" was the same as saying what KM said. It is not. One is associated with hate and the other is not. Not once did I even talk about whether what Lewis said was appropriate or not.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:54 PM
MikeK

Just because you perceive something as hateful doesn't make it the same as a racist word long been associated with hate and hate crimes.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:54 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Yes you did. The first line of your post read "So making fun of the deceased is okay, but using a racial slur isn't?"
How does that say anyone supports anything? I was asking a question based on the logic that was coming from your post, to illustrate how ridiculous it is.

Regardless we've talked too much about it. Both statements were disgusting. Maybe to you one statement is worse than the other, but I, and I'm sure many others, will disagree. I'm not saying one is worse than the other, just that they were both idiotic statements made by two people who are in the public spotlight.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:01 PM
MikeK

The problem now is that both you two are talking about the meaning behind Lewis' comment when the original quote I made and what I originally took exception to was the notion that "white girl named Nichole" is the same as what KM said. They are not. I'm not talking about the meaning behind it which you two seemed to be placing your argument around. Go back and read what I quoted.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:33 PM
roach9

Woo!

Western FINAL!

Old
11-15-2012, 08:47 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Now you're turning this into something else and putting words into my mouth. Your original post, the one I had quoted, implied that "White girl named Nicole" was the same as saying what KM said. It is not. One is associated with hate and the other is not. Not once did I even talk about whether what Lewis said was appropriate or not.
So then you need to stop being so sensitive about what KM said because to me, it's not a big deal.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:48 PM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Woo!

Western FINAL!
Heck yeah! Wonder how many people show up?

Old
11-15-2012, 09:48 PM
MikeK

Quote:
So then you need to stop being so sensitive about what KM said because to me, it's not a big deal.
And that speaks volumes

Old
11-15-2012, 09:53 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
And that speaks volumes
Indeed it does.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:54 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Heck yeah! Wonder how many people show up?
I'm hoping for 50,000+. The Lions are the only show in town, and they're actually a team that can win the big one. It's been a great season so I hope to see the support.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Saying "White girl named Nicole" is just as bad as Khalif Mitchell's tweet. Especially considering the tweet is about the victim of a murderer.
67% sure if he didn't say white girl this would be less of a deal. Not sure how skin colour is of any real relevance at all in this. Murder is murder.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Rocko604

Quote:
I'm hoping for 50,000+. The Lions are the only show in town, and they're actually a team that can win the big one. It's been a great season so I hope to see the support.
Looking at the interactive map on Ticketmaster, they'll probably get 45,000 minimum. Hopefully there's a big surge these last two days and then a large walk up demand.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:41 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
67% sure if he didn't say white girl this would be less of a deal. Not sure how skin colour is of any real relevance at all in this. Murder is murder.
Of course the murder part is disgusting. But adding race is just "icing on the cake " to an already stupid tweet.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:16 PM
MikeK

Quote:
50k would be so nice but I have my doubts. I think a lot of people find the ticket prices to be too high. You nailed it about the Lions being the only show in town and this could be the last major sporting event for quite some time.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Of course the murder part is disgusting. But adding race is just "icing on the cake " to an already stupid tweet.
I don't really see it that way - I see it that he's only alluding how she appeared.

The only thing I see wrong is that if you are a celebrity, that's a joke you tell in private and not share on Twitter.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:53 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

The day before the Western Final, I'm very very excited! Who's all going?

Old
11-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Rocko604

Quote:
The day before the Western Final, I'm very very excited! Who's all going?
I am. Section 230 I believe.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:55 PM
thebigbea

Quote:
50k would be so nice but I have my doubts. I think a lot of people find the ticket prices to be too high.
prices are high for sure in the upper bowl center.. $100 is kinda steep for way up there... i got seats in the end zone lower bowl 2nd row for $46.. i rather see them jack up the lower bowl corner and end zone, and lower the upper bowl prices..

Closed Thread