HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIII: The name is Cameranesi. Tony Cameranesi.

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 09:07 AM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

vCash: 50
Hows brad ross been this year,ive seen hes omly played a few games.Any big hits or fights, anything

Old
11-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Jax Teller

vCash: 500
If the lockout ends and a mini training camp begins, every team gets to pick 2 junior players they'd like to have take part. Brian Burke has chosen Morgan Rielly and David Broll for the Maple Leafs.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Interactif

David Broll will have zero impact on the Leafs, this including him on our training camp roster is peculiar.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:37 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
David Broll will have zero impact on the Leafs, this including him on our training camp roster is peculiar.
I'm pretty sure he can do what Mike Brown does very effectively...

Old
11-15-2012, 10:16 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
If you think Brown's role can be completed by someone who looks like a baby giraffe on skates, at times, sure.

Lol

Old
11-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Number13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
I can see it now, he won't be able catch anyone to hit them, and he will take a shot at someone out of frustration and get a penalty.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Grant
LL Genius

I'm not sure why some people are so upset about Broll being one of the two players picked. Broll has probably the best chance out of all our prospects to make the team. The other options would have been Percy, Biggs, Brown, Finn, Leivo and Rupert.

All those other players are being groomed to be something more and still need time to hone their offensive skills. Broll if he makes the NHL will be more of a 4th line bruiser.

Sure it may have been nice to take one of the other prospects, say Biggs, and maybe give them a tryout for a few games so he knows what the NHL is like. But the same could be said for Broll, show him how tough everyone in the NHL is and how much stronger he still has to get. We won't ever be expecting Broll to score, if he does, great. He is probably the most ready for his specific future role in the NHL out of all our prospects.

Quite honestly I don't expect either Broll or Rielly to stay up past the try out if a season starts. Of course I would want Rielly picked since he is our new shiny toy, the other one picked wouldn't really matter no matter who it was who that was picked.

Old
11-15-2012, 06:05 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I'm not sure why some people are so upset about Broll being one of the two players picked. Broll has probably the best chance out of all our prospects to make the team. The other options would have been Percy, Biggs, Brown, Finn, Leivo and Rupert.

All those other players are being groomed to be something more and still need time to hone their offensive skills. Broll if he makes the NHL will be more of a 4th line bruiser.

Sure it may have been nice to take one of the other prospects, say Biggs, and maybe give them a tryout for a few games so he knows what the NHL is like. But the same could be said for Broll, show him how tough everyone in the NHL is and how much stronger he still has to get. We won't ever be expecting Broll to score, if he does, great. He is probably the most ready for his specific future role in the NHL out of all our prospects.

Quite honestly I don't expect either Broll or Rielly to stay up past the try out if a season starts. Of course I would want Rielly picked since he is our new shiny toy, the other one picked wouldn't really matter no matter who it was who that was picked.
Rielly is NHL ready.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Rielly is NHL ready.
That's why I said for the players specific role. Rielly can make the NHL, but he wouldn't be playing what his ceiling is yet.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:44 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
That's why I said for the players specific role. Rielly can make the NHL, but he wouldn't be playing what his ceiling is yet.
Ya lets leave Rielly in WHL for this year.

Worst thing to happen to Schenn was coming in at 18yrs old and showing he was better than most of the guys we had in camp.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:45 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Rielly is NHL ready.
That's what you guys all said about Schenn a few years ago and to me it really hurt his development. I don't see the need to rush Reilly in. He lost basically an entire year due to injury. He needs at least 2 years of seasoning to work on his defensive game, as well as strength.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:17 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
That's what you guys all said about Schenn a few years ago and to me it really hurt his development. I don't see the need to rush Reilly in. He lost basically an entire year due to injury. He needs at least 2 years of seasoning to work on his defensive game, as well as strength.
Yes, we shouldn't have hurt his development. Because, as message board posters, we carry a lot of weight when it comes to deciding where players play.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:10 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
Yes, we shouldn't have hurt his development. Because, as message board posters, we carry a lot of weight when it comes to deciding where players play.
So why are we all on the boards for? I guess everyone should just stop posting then.

My point still stands.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:01 AM
agropop

Schenn was hurt by joining the NHL too young, from this we must deduce that the exact same fate is in store for Reilly.

It's just that simple.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:06 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
I agree 100%. He may seem NHL ready, but his defense could use some work, a lot of work actually. Let him become a complete player.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:59 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
I can see it now, he won't be able catch anyone to hit them, and he will take a shot at someone out of frustration and get a penalty.
So he's Daniel Alfredsson?

Old
11-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Frankie

shouldn't it be more about the team than about the player?

when he's one of the best 6 defencemen in the organization and can help the team win games, he's in the line-up. if he's not one of the best 6, he's not in the line-up.

isn't it as simple as that?

Old
11-16-2012, 08:23 AM
leafers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

when he's one of the best 6 defencemen in the organization and can help the team win games, he's in the line-up. if he's not one of the best 6, he's not in the line-up.

To help the team, the organization should develop and maximize the potential of each prospect in order to help the team as much as possible long term.

It's that simple.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:26 AM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

I'd argue having him develop properly and not rushing him is better for
the team and org.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:35 AM
SarcazemKadri

Let Rielly play the year, MooseJaw will be out of it early and then he will have a long off season to condition and strength train. 2013/2014 season he makes the tema.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:53 AM
SnipeCheeseAllDay

Schenn was NOT affected by playing in the NHL too soon, he was affected by putting on too much weight too fast and losing his mobility/speed. He had a GREAT rookie year, but then his development staled.

Rielly is NHL ready, but he only makes the Leafs roster if both Carlyle and Burke see him as a fit in the top 4. If not, WHL it is.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:10 AM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by agropop View Post
Schenn was hurt by joining the NHL too young, from this we must deduce that the exact same fate is in store for Reilly.

It's just that simple.
And that would be wrong. They are two different players with different skill sets. Schenn wasn't ready but that doesn't mean Rielly isn't. There are many players that it didn't hurt their play by being in the NHL right away.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:15 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Tyler Brenner's doing a lot better so far this year in the ECHL. Not much of a prospect I know, but still he's already surpass his goals totals from last season in half as many games. Has 7 points in 10 games - good for third in team scoring (leading scorer has 10 points).

Gotta feel for Devane and Crescenzi lol I believe their team has been outscored 16-2 in their first two ECHL games.

Sam Carrick looks like he's being rotated in and out of the lineup (or perhaps injured?). At least, he didn't play last game.

Carrick's team (Idaho) will be playing Devane/Crescenzi (San Franciso) tonight.

Brenner (Bakersfield) will also be in action vs. Las Vegas.

11-16-2012, 09:38 AM
RedRenegade

Thanks for the update Mr. Iannicello. You got me wondering about Tyler Biggs and how he's been doing. I've been meaning to get out to a Generals game but haven't so far this year. Anyway it looks like he's having a solid season so far:

23 GP 9G 12A 21PTS +6 33 PIM

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/10825

And the Generals are 2nd place in their division

Old
11-16-2012, 09:46 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeCheeseAllDay View Post
Schenn was NOT affected by playing in the NHL too soon, he was affected by putting on too much weight too fast and losing his mobility/speed. He had a GREAT rookie year, but then his development staled.

Rielly is NHL ready, but he only makes the Leafs roster if both Carlyle and Burke see him as a fit in the top 4. If not, WHL it is.
Yea. Which wouldn't have been a problem if he was still in the CHL/AHL. He would have added the weight, and had time to adjust. The media wouldn't have been all over him, he would have been against easier competition that he could adjust to in incremental steps from CHL->AHL->NHL.

There's NO reason to bring Rielly up this year. None. What's the benefit? We bring Rielly up are we suddenly a playoff team? Of course no. No player has been negatively affected development-wise by staying in junior an extra year. PLENTY of players have been negatively affected by being brought up too soon.

He was injured essentially all of last year. There's no benefit to the team or to him to bring him up right now. Let him dominate for a year, build his confidence, and improve his defensive game while against the type of competition where he won't get overwhelmed, and THEN bring him up.

Closed Thread