HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

ISS November rankings for 2013

Old
11-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Flynn84

vCash: 500
1. Nathan MacKinnon
2. Seth Jones
3. Sasha Barkov
4. Valery Nichushkin
5. Elias Lindholm
6. Hunter Shinkaruk
7. Jonathan Drouin
8. Sean Monahan
9. Rasmus Ristolainen
10. Curtis Lazar
11. Ryan Pulock
12. Nikita Zadorov
13. Artturi Lehkonen
14. Adam Erne
15. Andre Burakowsky
16. Kerby Rychel
17. Darnell Nurse
18. Anthony Mantha
19. Jacob De La Rose
20. Max Domi

Flynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

still can't believe nurse is that high.

11-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Alberta tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
still can't believe nurse is that high.
THN has him at #12 on their rankings that just came out.

Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:17 PM
VasDimops

The scoop on Domi (that I just heard) is that "he has diabetes and another medical condition....He has to wake up every day at 3am and shoot himself with insulin. But the kid is super driven"

VasDimops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta tough View Post
THN has him at #12 on their rankings that just came out.
He is also #2 on Brock's OHLProspects.blogspot.com site, and he has a pretty good track regarding his top 2 guys coming out of the OHL.

Circulartheory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:36 PM
agentremax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Seems like posters and scouts alike have forgotten about Anthony Duclair. No way he falls out of the first round, probably settles into the top 15.
He will rise now that he's back in the lineup, he's a 1 round talent for sure!

agentremax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:53 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOverallLine View Post
Is Monahan really that good or is he just an early developer (a la Jordan Staal)?
He's that good.

Ottawa is a horrible team, but Monohan is without a doubt the best player on the ice every game. Always around the net, always creating chances, and so smart. If he was on a better team that didn't require him to carry the load by himself, he would probably be 1st in the OHL in scoring.

Watch a couple 67's game and you'll see why he's so highly rated.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

I haven't been able to watch him play but is there a reason Josh Morrissey is that low? Last I heard he was having a great season and was moving up on scouts lists. Then again I haven't checked back on him in a while so things could have changed.

Cheddabombs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:14 AM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinalive View Post
Mantha, Carrier and Domi not in the Top 30?
Also Lindholm at 10, Pulock at 15 and Erne at 18 are all surprisingly low
Agreed, they should all be higher, or at least included.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:22 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I browsed over the list and then once more. After the third time I was in shock seeing Nurse at #9. but I think the whole list is too OHL favored IMO.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:23 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
I haven't been able to watch him play but is there a reason Josh Morrissey is that low? Last I heard he was having a great season and was moving up on scouts lists. Then again I haven't checked back on him in a while so things could have changed.
He shouldn't be that low, because he definitely has been solid and has really risen in my list.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:53 AM
Andy Dufresne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
I've gotta think it's 2 things: The depth of really high end guys in this draft and the fact that he can be an adventure in his own end at times (from the games i've seen anyway).

Might just be me, but both Morissey and Theodore can be pretty easily compared to Pouliot. None are exactly defensive stalwarts, none have great size or toughness, and thats about it for their weaknesses. Pouliot is probably the best passer among them, but Morrisey is close and Theodore is strong passer as well. Morrisey is tougher/grittier than the other 2. Theodore is the more electric, finish an incredible rush with a goal type of player than the other 2.

I know i'd be blown away happy if the Canucks got Morrisey or Theodore with a pick in the 20's. If both of those guys go late first after Pouliot went top 10 the year before, i think that would be an indication of just how strong this draft year is.

Andy Dufresne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:04 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasDimops View Post
The scoop on Domi (that I just heard) is that "he has diabetes and another medical condition....He has to wake up every day at 3am and shoot himself with insulin. But the kid is super driven"
He has Diabetes, but so have other players (Bobby Clarke for example). I don't think it is a huge problem as he was also a top-rated prospect in the OHL draft.

I find it strange that ISS seems so down on Domi. He has some of the slickest moves in the draft, is built like a bulldog, and unlike most other smaller skilled players plays with tons of grit and heart. He is also quite adept defensively and has great playmaking skills. I'd say his size limits him from being a top 10 pick, but if I were a team looking for an offensively-minded forward in the 11-15 range, I wouldn't hesitate to scoop up Max

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:05 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
I've gotta think it's 2 things: The depth of really high end guys in this draft and the fact that he can be an adventure in his own end at times (from the games i've seen anyway).

Might just be me, but both Morissey and Theodore can be pretty easily compared to Pouliot. None are exactly defensive stalwarts, none have great size or toughness, and thats about it for their weaknesses. Pouliot is probably the best passer among them, but Morrisey is close and Theodore is strong passer as well. Morrisey is tougher/grittier than the other 2. Theodore is the more electric, finish an incredible rush with a goal type of player than the other 2.

I know i'd be blown away happy if the Canucks got Morrisey or Theodore with a pick in the 20's. If both of those guys go late first after Pouliot went top 10 the year before, i think that would be an indication of just how strong this draft year is.
Theodore really isn't comparable to Pouliot imo. He's much better all around, but not as good offensively

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:46 AM
herbst20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
He has Diabetes, but so have other players (Bobby Clarke for example). I don't think it is a huge problem as he was also a top-rated prospect in the OHL draft.

I find it strange that ISS seems so down on Domi. He has some of the slickest moves in the draft, is built like a bulldog, and unlike most other smaller skilled players plays with tons of grit and heart. He is also quite adept defensively and has great playmaking skills. I'd say his size limits him from being a top 10 pick, but if I were a team looking for an offensively-minded forward in the 11-15 range, I wouldn't hesitate to scoop up Max
Diabetes wont prohibit someone from playing. Jeff Costello, Ottawa Senators draft pick and current Notre Dame Irish, wears an insulin pump when he plays.

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:10 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Domi won't fall past 20 in my opinion.

You have to watch Monahan several times to really appreciate how good he is.

Nurse has massive potential but there's no way he's above Pulock at this point.

It's great to see different lists (and we should). I have never been a fan of ISS rankings so I weigh theirs accordingly

I do agree with their top 5 100% but from there I have differing opinions

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:29 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:31 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post

i still think at the end of the day, Domi will go anywhere from 20 to 30 at the draft.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:32 AM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
He's that good.

Ottawa is a horrible team, but Monohan is without a doubt the best player on the ice every game. Always around the net, always creating chances, and so smart. If he was on a better team that didn't require him to carry the load by himself, he would probably be 1st in the OHL in scoring.

Watch a couple 67's game and you'll see why he's so highly rated.
This.

Monahan is a beast. I hope he gets traded to a contender so more people can really see the talent. Outside of him, Ottawa really only has Graovac and Ceci as real offensive threats.

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

Watch Lindholm and Nichushkin become this year's Forsberg and Grigorenko, falling way too far.

Hansen 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:43 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I cant wait to hear what Dynamo has to say about Keaton Thompson -D - USNDP being ranked ahead of Will Butcher and Ian McCoshen!!! Should be anarchy!

I have been a big fan of Santini since selects, this kid has the chance to be as legit as they come. love the Adam Foote comparisons by the way...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:44 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
Watch Lindholm and Nichushkin become this year's Forsberg and Grigorenko, falling way too far.
maybe all the way to the Buffalo Sabres again?

Old
11-16-2012, 11:46 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I cant wait to hear what Dynamo has to say about Keaton Thompson -D - USNDP being ranked ahead of Will Butcher and Ian McCoshen!!! Should be anarchy!

I have been a big fan of Santini since selects, this kid has the chance to be as legit as they come. love the Adam Foote comparisons by the way...
there seems to be a big clump of U.S. d-men available in the upcoming draft, and quality ones.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:48 AM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
Can't imagine Lindholm falling very far, unless he have a aweful wjc or something. He produces great in SEL in his draftyear, that's something only the best swedish forwards on the alltime list have done. He is on the same pace as Nicklas Bäckströ was in his draftyear. Everything can happen, but I doubt he slips.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:56 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

^he'd look good in an Oiler uni ! does he still play center? or did they move him to wing? do you know? are Hampus and Elias related?