HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

[PS3] NHL 13 GM Connected League Pt. II - Stanley Cup Champ VAN - **NEW GMs WELCOME**

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 01:23 AM
KeslerKrony

vCash: 500
Wow crazy games in Washington.

Game 1:
NJ up 4-1 in 3rd, St. Louis/Laich/Moulson goes into beast mode and tie it up at 4-4, send it to overtime. NJ gets into a 5-on-3 and loses pretty quickly.

Game 2:
NJ up 3-1 in 3rd, again NJ coughs up a 2 goal lead to send it to OT. In OT, Tavares (for WSH) makes an amazing tip and SCORES.... but wait.... the goal was waved off, he tipped it above the crossbar. NJ's 3rd line comes back the other way, Backlund (NJ) makes a nice shot and the castoff from Ottawa Bobby Butler (NJ) puts in the rebound to win the game.

Steen - Elias - Butler have combined for 14 points in the 2 games though.... But I think I only have 1 goal from the 1st line.

Last edited by KeslerKrony: 11-14-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old
11-14-2012, 08:20 AM
CCF
This is the year....

Winnipeg and NYR are tied 1-1 after the first 2 games in New York.

Game 1 - Byfuglien wins it in OT with a slapshot from the point

Game 2 - Gaborik splits the D and beats Pavelec high in 2OT.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:17 PM
KidCanuck*
HORS∃Y

Sorry daughter has been in the hospital....

Detroit is availible for anyone on the waitlist

Last edited by KidCanuck*: 11-14-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 01:39 PM
western redmen

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCanuck10 View Post
Sorry daughter has been in the hospital....

Detroit is availible for anyone on the waitlist
Sucks to hear, hope she is ok

Old
11-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Grifter3511

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
Winnipeg and NYR are tied 1-1 after the first 2 games in New York.

Game 1 - Byfuglien wins it in OT with a slapshot from the point

Game 2 - Gaborik splits the D and beats Pavelec high in 2OT.
Two awesome games. In both games Rangers came out with pressure early, Jets weathered the storm, and then slowly turned the tide in their favor throughout the course of the game.

In game 1, with about 2 mins to go in a tie game, Winnipeg had one of those cross-crease, off the crossbar shots that just sits on the goal line waiting to go in before Lundqvist managed to find it.

In game 2, same thing, opposite teams, with only 5 seconds to go in the 3rd.

Intense.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:02 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Yikes, so Shaw can only come tomorrow morning... then I have work then study for a midterm on Friday.

Can we get word on when the advance will take place?

Old
11-14-2012, 02:19 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter3511 View Post
Two awesome games. In both games Rangers came out with pressure early, Jets weathered the storm, and then slowly turned the tide in their favor throughout the course of the game.

In game 1, with about 2 mins to go in a tie game, Winnipeg had one of those cross-crease, off the crossbar shots that just sits on the goal line waiting to go in before Lundqvist managed to find it.

In game 2, same thing, opposite teams, with only 5 seconds to go in the 3rd.

Intense.
I was banging my head when that puck was on the line. But then grateful when it happened in game 2.

I think game 2 belonged to you, Pavelec did a good job of keeping me in it. Let me know when you'd like to play again!

Old
11-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Yikes, so Shaw can only come tomorrow morning... then I have work then study for a midterm on Friday.

Dude. I'm going to be pissed if our first round gets all games simmed and I get eliminated lol How about you have to either let your computer play me or ask and see if we can get the advance pushed back a few days.

Old
11-14-2012, 07:47 PM
CCF
This is the year....

NYR and WPG are resuming the series tomorrow (Thurs) - so hopefully no sim yet.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:26 AM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

Just wanted to give my two cents on the playing/simming debate. To me you set a day when the advance takes place, teams try to get together to play and if they can't the games get simmed. I fully expect to lose to Boston if we sim the remainder of the series (I'm down 2-1 thanks to Weber putting it in our own net in double OT of game 3), but he can only play between 6 and 8:30 pm and I work nights so I can only play after 11/12ish except on Mondays and Tuesdays. That's not anyone's fault. But to make someone allow the opposition to play the computer (where they will lose 9 out of 10 times if the person is any good) or to drag things out until everyone can get all of their games in isn't logical.

Anyways, just my opinion.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:52 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

^ I think you make a good point but we're talking about whole playoff series here. During the regular season only playing one or two games a time or even skipping out on some weeks isn't a big deal but each playoff game obviously means so much more. Plus, if we're to actually play Games 6 and 7 we need to play all the other games too since an advance sims the whole series. Again, the advance deadlines are fine for the regular season but should definitively be lengthened by at the very least a day during the post-season.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:16 AM
KeslerKrony

Sorry WSH I totally dnf'ed on that game ill gladly let you have game 3. You are by far the most frustrating to play against when you are able to "stop" my hard outlet passes with a simple whimsy poke-check. Just couldn't score tonight even though I had about 5-10 chances

Old
11-15-2012, 02:24 AM
The Finnish MacInnis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeslerKrony View Post
Sorry WSH I totally dnf'ed on that game ill gladly let you have game 3. You are by far the most frustrating to play against when you are able to "stop" my hard outlet passes with a simple whimsy poke-check. Just couldn't score tonight even though I had about 5-10 chances
If you're saying what I think you're saying, can we just finish the last 1:52 of the game next time instead of pulling the plug and having to recreate a game/play your CPU/whatever?

Old
11-15-2012, 02:33 AM
KeslerKrony

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Finnish MacInnis View Post
If you're saying what I think you're saying, can we just finish the last 1:52 of the game next time instead of pulling the plug and having to recreate a game/play your CPU/whatever?
All I have to do is quit the next time and it'll give you the win. I let my wife have the tv now because she wanted to watch Netflix.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:22 AM
The Finnish MacInnis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeslerKrony View Post
All I have to do is quit the next time and it'll give you the win. I let my wife have the tv now because she wanted to watch Netflix.
When someone quits in GM Connected it gives the other team nothing as far as I have heard. Seems only in random matchup vs. play does the remaining team get credited with a win.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eleven View Post
Just wanted to give my two cents on the playing/simming debate. To me you set a day when the advance takes place, teams try to get together to play and if they can't the games get simmed. I fully expect to lose to Boston if we sim the remainder of the series (I'm down 2-1 thanks to Weber putting it in our own net in double OT of game 3), but he can only play between 6 and 8:30 pm and I work nights so I can only play after 11/12ish except on Mondays and Tuesdays. That's not anyone's fault. But to make someone allow the opposition to play the computer (where they will lose 9 out of 10 times if the person is any good) or to drag things out until everyone can get all of their games in isn't logical.

Anyways, just my opinion.
Well playing 3-5 games and than having the rest simmed is different than playing none and having it simmed.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Canuxx
VANuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post

It's pretty flexible. Maybe the weekend sometime.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuxx View Post
That works for Van and L.A

Old
11-15-2012, 12:00 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuxx View Post
Wonderful, thanks!

Old
11-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Canuxx
VANuck

For future reference,

No more "lost connections" will be tolerated. We are (mostly) all adults and if you lose then you lose. Conversely, if you win then you deserve the win and it shouldn't be taken from you.

Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks

Old
11-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Spanky-X-

Columbus MIA

Sooo unless they are going to re-appear, Columbus (Kaphis) is MIA. I (Minny) sent him a PSN friend-request and message but no word. I've also posted here and no word. From what someone else said the thought is that Columbus was no longer active.

So what do I do? I echo the comment that it is going to be beyond frustrating if it all gets simmed and I lose or everyone gets injured. Can we set a deadline for someone like that to respond or we can bump them out and let me play the CPU for this round?

Old
11-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Grifter3511

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
NYR and WPG are resuming the series tomorrow (Thurs) - so hopefully no sim yet.
You around for a game?

Old
11-15-2012, 11:15 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

LA trails Vancouver 2-0, having been outscored 8-1 so far in the series. During the first period of Game 1, the entire LA team stood still and Vancouver scored three quick goals, but displayed mercy by not running up the score until the Kings players could move again. No one can explain what happened, but rumour has it that a King equipment manager accidentally bumped into Sutter and "broke some sort of electronic device hidden under his nose".

At the beginning of the second period, LA players suddenly gained life again as Sutter picked his nose, as if he was trying to insert something inside.

The Kings have officially denied that their head coach had been bringing an illegal device to every game since he was brought to Los Angeles amid the 2011-12 season, but several bloggers speculate that Sutter has a mind-control chip that allows him to dictate where his players go, which would explain his surprising success in the 2012 playoffs and why his team has so far struggled - the "new" device is clearly not as good as the old one.

(tl;dr controller didn't work when I first played, got scored on lots).

Old
11-16-2012, 01:05 AM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter3511 View Post
You around for a game?
I can play one now?

Old
11-16-2012, 01:39 AM
The Finnish MacInnis*

No sign of NJ tonight, unfortunately.

Tomorrow night I hope for my game 3 win, and more?

Closed Thread