HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 04:32 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I keep watching these highlights and seeing a D-man for the Monarchs throwing the cold shoulder and big hits every game...is that Bodnarchuk? This dude is a stud. Seems like I can only make out that the name plate on the back is long so I figure it's Deslauries or Bodarchuk.
Deslauries is the one the throwing the big hits in the highlights from the Phantoms game but both of them have been great this year!

Deslauries wears #4 Bodnarchuk wears #7

Old
11-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
While Kitsyn should be playing in NA because his style of game isn't suited for the KHL, prokhorkin on the other hand can progress well there.

Don't act like he wasn't scratched a few times this year already. I'm sure that is very good for his development.
Prohorkin has only been scratched because of the amount of forwards the Monarchs have this year. Pretty much everyone has rotated as a scratch.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:52 PM
sBarry

Quote:
I keep watching these highlights and seeing a D-man for the Monarchs throwing the cold shoulder and big hits every game...is that Bodnarchuk? This dude is a stud. Seems like I can only make out that the name plate on the back is long so I figure it's Deslauries or Bodarchuk.
They have both been crushing people this year. Seems like Nicky D has been getting a lot of slack for them too, haha, I've seen him turn down multiple fights this year after laying down a big hit.

As for Bods, i love the physical way he plays the game. He's looked solid and trustworthy in all three zones. I feel like you can see the former Bruin in him too. He's proving to be a good pick up.

As a side note, I notice that Toffoli has that goal scorers quality to him that the puck just finds it's way to him at the right time for him to get a scoring opportunity. He seems pretty good at getting his shot off, and sometimes creatively, so when he gets more comfortable and finds the hands I could see his numbers improving further. He also has the perfect linemates for him in my opinion. Toffoli being the sniper, with a crafty center in Vey finding ways to get him the puck, and Pearson who's been mucking it up in front of the net there screening/deflecting.

Last edited by sBarry: 11-15-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 03:24 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Prohorkin has only been scratched because of the amount of forwards the Monarchs have this year. Pretty much everyone has rotated as a scratch.
I thought the KHL already came out saying he has to honor his contract in the KHL till 2015 or pay himself out of it?

Quote:
The National Hockey League has officially informed the Kontinental Hockey League of the close of arbitration concerning the NHL’s refusal to register the forward Nikolai Prokhorkin’s contract with the Los Angeles Kings hockey club. This decision brings to an end the dispute over the player’s contractual status, which had been running since September of this year.

The dispute arose when 19-year-old attacker Nikolai Prokhorkin (25 games in the KHL, 1 goal, 2 assists; 93 games in the YHL, 37 goals, 48 assists), a player with an existing contract with CSKA Moscow hockey club, signed a contract with the NHL club Los Angeles Kings, who had selected Prokhorkin 121st overall in the in the fourth round of the 2012 NHL Draft.

On receipt of documentation supplied by the KHL and CSKA confirming Nikolai Prokhorkin’s existing contract with the KHL club, the National Hockey League refused to register the player’s agreement with the Los Angeles club.

The Kontinental Hockey League would like to express its satisfaction that common sense has prevailed in this difficult situation, in spite of the controversial actions of the player’s North American agent. All through the proceedings, the KHL and the NHL acted according to a single legal framework, respected the integrity of the other’s regulatory guidelines and strived to adhere to the agreements concluded between the leagues – not just with words, but with actions.

Thanks to the impartial and professional position of the leadership of the NHL. the efforts from the representatives of the KHL’s sporting departments and the assistance from the CSKA management, a dangerous precedent has been averted, a precedent which could have undermined the principle of cooperation between the KHL and NHL and cast doubt on the existing mechanisms governing the transfer of players between the two leagues.

Old
11-16-2012, 04:04 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Deslauries is a beast.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
I thought the KHL already came out saying he has to honor his contract in the KHL till 2015 or pay himself out of it?
Yes that is correct.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:25 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Yes that is correct.
The Kings need to step in and give Porkins and Kitsyn the cash to get out and wash their hands of this whole situation... Cause you know as was seen with the Kitsyn situation, Russian coaches and org. don't hold grudges...

I guess the bright side is that this precendent they are talking about that has been set could possibly be used to get Kitsyn out of Russia as well.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:03 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Article from the Mayor's Manor on the Prokhorkin situation. Confirmed that he has officially "left the team" but that he could be coming right back!

http://mayorsmanor.com/2012/11/prosp...ssia-or-is-he/

Old
11-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
The Kings need to step in and give Porkins and Kitsyn the cash to get out and wash their hands of this whole situation... Cause you know as was seen with the Kitsyn situation, Russian coaches and org. don't hold grudges...

I guess the bright side is that this precendent they are talking about that has been set could possibly be used to get Kitsyn out of Russia as well.
A grudge against Kitsyn? C'mon.
He had every opportunity in Novokuznetsk. They even let him play in CHL while still under KHL contract. That's pretty cool.
Kitsyn was just a player who was ridiculously physically mature at a young age, and everybody eventually caught up to him.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Johnny Utah

Does Deslauries have the inside track now as best prospect in Manchester?

Who takes Scuderi's place in a year? Muzzin? It won't be a puck mover like Hickey.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:52 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
He had every opportunity in Novokuznetsk. They even let him play in CHL while still under KHL contract. That's pretty cool.
Kitsyn was just a player who was ridiculously physically mature at a young age, and everybody eventually caught up to him.
Forcing a young kid to play bottom line minutes in a checking role with no PP time while he is known as a skilled goal scorer is pretty much ideal mismanagement. He played in three leagues last year and wasn't given much of a chance at all to prove anything in the KHL even after he had proven the year before he was capable of producing there. He was playing ~7-10 minutes a game on a bottom line role... He was allowed to play in the CHL the year before simply because he was going to miss chunks of the season playing with the Russian junior team and wasn't going to be missed. He's been horribly mishandled ever since his CHL time. Coincidence? No.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:

Who takes Scuderi's place in a year? Muzzin? It won't be a puck mover like Hickey.
I would hope another veteran FA would replace Scuderi if the Kings can't re-sign him. His calming presence on the blueline is invaluable. I'm not as confident in someone like Muzzin or Hickey to step in and do the same job at the same level as Scuderi. Scuderi is still 33 so I don't consider that to be too old for a defenseman.

If the Kings can't retain him, I would think that Robyn Regehr would be a UFA defenseman that they would key in on. If Muzzin or Hickey make the jump, they'll have to probably wait their turn as #7 defensemen, replacing Drewiske on the depth chart then working their way up as they prove themselves in the big leagues. By the time they establish themselves, then it's possible that Mitchell and/or Scuderi will have departed. Scuderi and Drewiske become UFAs in 2013, and Mitchell and Greene become UFAs in 2014.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:18 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
While Kitsyn should be playing in NA because his style of game isn't suited for the KHL, prokhorkin on the other hand can progress well there.

Don't act like he wasn't scratched a few times this year already. I'm sure that is very good for his development.
Surely your not trying to tell us that you can judge a player from Russia's ability to adapt to the NA game in a few minutes of AHL play, right? Because if you can you should be working in the NHL and not posting around here.

The thing is that every time I have gone to Russia and watched the KHL it always reminds me of a slower less organized version of the old IHL with a few phenomenal players scattered in for good measure. That isn't to say that there isn't world class hockey being played, only that there aren't as many world class players in that league this season not withstanding.

Can PK develop just as well over the net two seasons in the KHL as he can in the AHL? Sure, maybe. I really don't know. I have watched a bunch of PK play and think like MK he is better suited to the NA style of game but it is at least debatable.

Max has been having a great season all things considered and really could become a pretty special player once he is freed from the gulag.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:23 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I am sorry but this couldn't be any further from the truth at all.

Kitsyn clearly hasn't been given what could even remotely be considered a fair shake back home and there are several pundits in the hockey world who said so over the past season and change.

When paired against players his age he is still a beast and very much ahead of most of his competition.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Forcing a young kid to play bottom line minutes in a checking role with no PP time while he is known as a skilled goal scorer is pretty much ideal mismanagement. He played in three leagues last year and wasn't given much of a chance at all to prove anything in the KHL even after he had proven the year before he was capable of producing there. He was playing ~7-10 minutes a game on a bottom line role... He was allowed to play in the CHL the year before simply because he was going to miss chunks of the season playing with the Russian junior team and wasn't going to be missed. He's been horribly mishandled ever since his CHL time. Coincidence? No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I am sorry but this couldn't be any further from the truth at all.

Kitsyn clearly hasn't been given what could even remotely be considered a fair shake back home and there are several pundits in the hockey world who said so over the past season and change.

When paired against players his age he is still a beast and very much ahead of most of his competition.

I disagree.

Novokuznetsk is great for young players to develop. In the last 3 years: Bobrovsky, Orlov, Arzamastsev, Slepyshev, and now young Zhafyarov. Look at Lazarev recently. Why can't Kitsyn do this?...because Kitsyn is average.
So this year, with a fresh start on Torpedo N-N, what happens? Kitsyn again disappoints in camp and early games (he was out played by same age 1991 Valuisky). And Kitsyn is sent to VHL.
Now he has a chance in the VHL. How's he doing? 1 point in 12 games.

C'mon. At some point Kitsyn needs to make the most of his numerous opportunities. He didn't even dominate the CHL. From what I heard he was solid but not overly special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Wait, what? Kitsyn is still a 'beast' against his peers? Who exactly?

As players of his age group are maturing, Kitsyn is being passed by.

Last edited by Zine: 11-16-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 06:37 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Woah! Watching the game on ahl live and it's completely different! Much much more watchable!!!

With that said, Monarchs down 2-0 in the first

Old
11-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Captain Cliche with 2 goals to tie the game.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:01 PM
damacles1156

Quote:

Muzzin has been a disaster the last two years. His starts to seasons have been below average.

He tends to finish the season strong, but boy he has looked awful AGAIN to start this season.

Bodnarchuk is much more polished than any Monarch Defensive player right now.

Hickey , Bodnarchuk, are probably your NHL ready guys in the AHL right now (of course Slava but that's given).

Last edited by damacles1156: 11-16-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 08:28 PM
damacles1156

Monarchs lose 3-2.

The Monarchs are 2-5 in November..... Ouch so far.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Johnny Utah

dwight king vs bobby robins and justin johnson vs lane mcdermind? Anyone?

Old
11-17-2012, 01:33 AM
McSorley 33

I looked on hockey fights site and cannot get a recap either.

Old
11-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Basilisk

Quote:
I disagree.

Novokuznetsk is great for young players to develop. In the last 3 years: Bobrovsky, Orlov, Arzamastsev, Slepyshev, and now young Zhafyarov. Look at Lazarev recently. Why can't Kitsyn do this?...because Kitsyn is average.
So this year, with a fresh start on Torpedo N-N, what happens? Kitsyn again disappoints in camp and early games (he was out played by same age 1991 Valuisky). And Kitsyn is sent to VHL.
Now he has a chance in the VHL. How's he doing? 1 point in 12 games.

C'mon. At some point Kitsyn needs to make the most of his numerous opportunities. He didn't even dominate the CHL. From what I heard he was solid but not overly special.

Wait, what? Kitsyn is still a 'beast' against his peers? Who exactly?

As players of his age group are maturing, Kitsyn is being passed by.

Did Putin send you here to sow unrest?

Old
11-17-2012, 11:21 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

highlights from last night's 3-2 loss to the Providence Bruins

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6213

Old
11-17-2012, 01:55 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
dwight king vs bobby robins and justin johnson vs lane mcdermind? Anyone?
King and Bobby was kind of a shoving match with some body shots. King also kept his visor on, kind of a **** move.

Justin Johnson lit up Mcdermind with lefts to the dome, and uppercuts.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 11-17-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: filter circumvention
Old
11-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Chris43

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
King and Bobby was kind of a shoving match with some body shots. King also kept his visor on, kind of a **** move.

Justin Johnson lit up Mcdermind with lefts to the dome, and uppercuts.
If I recall correctly you can't take visor off or that may be in juniors.

Closed Thread