HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread - Part XII

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 05:24 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14s incisor View Post
That's probably why he was a runner up for OHL Dman of the year last season, rather than the winner Hopefully, since all indications show he has improved, he'll win it this season, and we can finally claim he's "upper-tier."

Sarcasm aside, it's always nice to hear opinions from fans of other teams—thanks.
When I say "upper-tier/elite" I mean an essential lock to be a good NHL player.

Again, just giving my perspective on a player that I've been able to watch a lot this season trying to shed some light on him for those who aren't able to see what I see every home game.

Very good prospect; will be invited to WJC camp, and we'll see if he makes it.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Bust!
All jokes aside, we all knew this was coming. It would have been nice if he slowed down rather than died out, but all players go through this especially young players first entering the pro ranks. I'm glad he's getting used to this adversity now rather than later. He'll be back on top sooner or later, it can be a real mental hurdle to over come a scoring slump for a young guy in a high level league though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
I'm well aware of how Dumba and Reinhart have been playing this season. You don't need to see every game to get the idea. Same thing could be said for the majority of Canucks fan who don't get to see Corrado very often. I guarantee you've seen little of Corrado this season.

Corrado is playing well, but he's not an upper-tier/elite prospect yet.

I've seen Corrado plenty and I know exactly what he brings to the table. An above-average offensive mind, and a decent two-way game. Very good breakout guy, but needs to work on decision making when under pressure.
Really... I've heard poise is one of his strong suits. Maybe you can expand on this?

Old
11-15-2012, 07:39 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Really... I've heard poise is one of his strong suits. Maybe you can expand on this?
As stated, I think Corrado is great on the breakout and has a great outlet pass, but when he's looking for that breakout, I've seen that he can collapse under extra pressure on the forecheck. Mind you, I'm not sure I should put to much blame on him for the times I've seen him blunder because his partner is atrocious (yes, Justin Sefton. I can't stand him. Horrible).

Old
11-15-2012, 08:52 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Right through you.

Looks like Jensen's hit the wall.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Looks like Jensen's hit the wall.
More so the team. Also, he was inexplicably demoted to the 4th line for 4 games following his 1G, 1A game... only the last 2 games has he been back to the 2nd line. The whole seniority thing in the SEL is incredibly frustrating. How do you demote your leading scorer to the 4th line for that long?

Old
11-16-2012, 01:14 AM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

Jensen must be frustrated to hell over in Sweden. It must be like being on Team Denmark in the WJC's again to a certain extent. He just can't get a break..

Old
11-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Wisp

I hate seeing you guys make excuses. I predicted this!

Jensen was shooting at a real high percentage, and now he's regressing to the mean. It was going to happen anyways and its really nothing to worry about.

Last edited by Wisp: 11-16-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old
11-16-2012, 02:23 AM
ahmon

Quote:
I'm well aware of how Dumba and Reinhart have been playing this season. You don't need to see every game to get the idea. Same thing could be said for the majority of Canucks fan who don't get to see Corrado very often. I guarantee you've seen little of Corrado this season.

Corrado is playing well, but he's not an upper-tier/elite prospect yet.

I've seen Corrado plenty and I know exactly what he brings to the table. An above-average offensive mind, and a decent two-way game. Very good breakout guy, but needs to work on decision making when under pressure.

Your analysis seems pretty accurate.

You have to understand though, we are talking about a 5th rounder, and among the canucks prospects he is definitely a bright spot.

Hes not a blue chipper, ie 1st pairing dman ceiling, but he has top 4 dman potential, which is pretty exciting.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:29 AM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmon View Post
Your analysis seems pretty accurate.

You have to understand though, we are talking about a 5th rounder, and among the canucks prospects he is definitely a bright spot.

Hes not a blue chipper, ie 1st pairing dman ceiling, but he has top 4 dman potential, which is pretty exciting.
Oh, absolutely. I'm a fan of Corrado. Honestly, I think there's a chance he becomes and effective 2nd pairing D-man. I would of killed to get a guy like Corrado with a 5th in the Senators organization.

I'll keep you guys posted as the season progresses. Hopefully Sudbury starts winning so I can report on playoff games, as well.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:47 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Oh, absolutely. I'm a fan of Corrado. Honestly, I think there's a chance he becomes and effective 2nd pairing D-man. I would of killed to get a guy like Corrado with a 5th in the Senators organization.

I'll keep you guys posted as the season progresses. Hopefully Sudbury starts winning so I can report on playoff games, as well.
Thanks for dropping by though, much appreciated!

Old
11-16-2012, 03:49 AM
Johnny Danger

what's up with honzik? :-(

Old
11-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Southern_Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
what's up with honzik? :-(
Got traded by Victoriaville to Cape Breton (one of the worst teams in the QMJHL) in the off-season, and also had shoulder surgery. The season began, and Cape Breton was so awful out of the gate that they fired the GM.

In Honzik's first game back after recovering from the shoulder surgery on Nov 9 against former team Victoriaville, he got smoked for 6 goals on 24 shots.

In his second start of the season on Nov 12, he made 17 saves on 20 shots and Cape Breton won 5-3.

These two results give him a 5.69 GAA and 0.795 SV% --- not too pretty.

Cape Breton is currently carrying the two veteran goalies, Honzik and Trudeau, and one rookie Bureau... it is likely that one of the veterans will eventually be released or traded.

S_C

Last edited by Southern_Canuck: 11-16-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
I hate seeing you guys make excuses. I predicted this!

Jensen was shooting at a real high percentage, and now he's regressing to the mean. It was going to happen anyways and its really nothing to worry about.
I don't see what that has to do with him spending 4 of 6 games on the 4th line barely getting any minutes. Even if he wasn't shooting at an unsustainable rate, playing 8 minutes a night on the worst or one of the worst 4th lines in the league is hardly a recipe for success.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Hodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I don't see what that has to do with him spending 4 of 6 games on the 4th line barely getting any minutes. Even if he wasn't shooting at an unsustainable rate, playing 8 minutes a night on the worst or one of the worst 4th lines in the league is hardly a recipe for success.
You probably should consider why Jensen was on the 4th line in the first place...

Old
11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post
You probably should consider why Jensen was on the 4th line in the first place...
He scored 1 G, 1 A the game before he was placed on the 4th line. That's why the confusion to his assignment to the line.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:51 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
AV saw a rookie playing with confidence and called in some favours?

Old
11-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Maybe you can enlighten us then? As mentioned, he scored 2 pts the game before he was demoted.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Maybe you can enlighten us then? As mentioned, he scored 2 pts the game before he was demoted.
Are you serious? There is more to playing hockey than putting up points.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Do you think he wasn't backchecking/hustling in his own end? Or perhaps not physical enough?

I agree, that I really want our prospects to develop into complete-game type of players. But I wonder if perhaps Jensen had an injury that kept him out of the top-9? Maybe he was recovering from an injury and being eased back in slowly?

Old
11-16-2012, 03:48 PM
brownbello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
Do you think he wasn't backchecking/hustling in his own end? Or perhaps not physical enough?

I agree, that I really want our prospects to develop into complete-game type of players. But I wonder if perhaps Jensen had an injury that kept him out of the top-9? Maybe he was recovering from an injury and being eased back in slowly?

If you are trying to figure out his playing time/line selection as if he were playing in North America then we'll all be really frustrated. The SEL has a seniority mentality were even while playing really well seeing a rookie get even more than 3 mins of ice time is really good. I don't understand it fully but guys with more experience will always get pushed up to the top lines even if there play doesn't deserve it. Jensen is not really being outplayed by anyone on his team, he's just a rookie therefor he gets demoted. That's all there really is to it.

Old
11-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
There certainly is, but at the end of the day putting up more goals than the other team wins you the game. You don't often put your leading goal scorer (who at the time was T-2nd in the league) on the 4th line when he is still scoring goals. It's an odd thing.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:14 PM
arsmaster

Tomorrow night (Saturday Nov 17th) at 6:00 on the big ten network Joseph Labate and the Wisconsin Badgers take on Nick Bjustad and the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:33 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Canuck View Post
Got traded by Victoriaville to Cape Breton (one of the worst teams in the QMJHL) in the off-season, and also had shoulder surgery. The season began, and Cape Breton was so awful out of the gate that they fired the GM.

In Honzik's first game back after recovering from the shoulder surgery on Nov 9 against former team Victoriaville, he got smoked for 6 goals on 24 shots.

In his second start of the season on Nov 12, he made 17 saves on 20 shots and Cape Breton won 5-3.

These two results give him a 5.69 GAA and 0.795 SV% --- not too pretty.

Cape Breton is currently carrying the two veteran goalies, Honzik and Trudeau, and one rookie Bureau... it is likely that one of the veterans will eventually be released or traded.

S_C
Really don't like the Honzik pick. 3rd round 71st overall, not great value at all.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:55 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Really don't like the Honzik pick. 3rd round 71st overall, not great value at all.
Though it seems outside of Keagan Lowe that whole 3rd round is very up in the air still.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:28 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Allowed 2 goals on 3 shots tonight in 7 minutes and got the heave-ho.

Closed Thread