HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subway Series Continued...

Old
11-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

vCash: 500
Russians will be tough at the World's, goaltending for us was not the best last night.

As scary as this sounds I think the comrades have another gear they haven't shown to Team Canada, we better kick it into another gear come christmas or we will be playing for Silver.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:17 AM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Russians will be tough at the World's, goaltending for us was not the best last night.

As scary as this sounds I think the comrades have another gear they haven't shown to Team Canada, we better kick it into another gear come christmas or we will be playing for Silver.
They are a very strong team but in the end, they had a hard time completely defeating 3 teams diluted with talent. Imagine when the 3 teams are combined?

Not an excuse but really, they weren't that impressive considering the players they had.

SprDaVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
They are a very strong team but in the end, they had a hard time completely defeating 3 teams diluted with talent. Imagine when the 3 teams are combined?

Not an excuse but really, they weren't that impressive considering the players they had.
Exactly. Especially since the only forward with a reasonable shot at making the team is Ty Rattie and he was pretty good tonight. I know the didn't have grigs tonight either, but if you look at Canada's lineup with the lockout still in effect, it will be a totally different team then the WHL. Plus, we'll have Subban.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:52 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theneuf33 View Post
he probably thinks that last goal was dumbas fault... as if reilly could have known the pass was going to happen his responsibility is the puck carrier
On outnumbered situations you want to make sure the carrier has no passing option.

The goalie can play the shooter, but if you allow a pass the goalie can't get set.

Anyway, Russians put some efforts into a couple games in this tournament, but they played possum for most. Lemaire would be proud.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

The Russians were playing possum for much of the series, they didn't attack as much as they could have. We will see, but I have the feeling they left a lot on the table and will be much tougher on home soil.

Don't be fooled Canucks fans, I think we have a lot of work to do if we are to beat the Comrades.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Dark Passenger

Is Nugent-Hopkins the only player who can play for the WJC team, not playing major junior at the moment? Trying to think of what other players are eligible who didnt play in the subway series.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:00 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
The Russians were playing possum for much of the series, they didn't attack as much as they could have. We will see, but I have the feeling they left a lot on the table and will be much tougher on home soil.

Don't be fooled Canucks fans, I think we have a lot of work to do if we are to beat the Comrades.
Looked like last night they realized they could win it so they turned it up a notch.

For most of the games I thought they just played not to lose, and reminded me of watching Lemaire's Wild. If you gave them something they'd pounce otherwise make the other team beat you.

Even on the bench the players seemed more involved.

Results probably don't mean a lot to either team(s) more a pre-tournament bonding situation.

Going to be tough picking the teams, and if it is on bigger ice skating will play a bigger role.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
Is Nugent-Hopkins the only player who can play for the WJC team, not playing major junior at the moment? Trying to think of what other players are eligible who didnt play in the subway series.
Other than RNH the only players who didn't play in the SSS are those players playing in U.S. collages.

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Looked like last night they realized they could win it so they turned it up a notch.

For most of the games I thought they just played not to lose, and reminded me of watching Lemaire's Wild. If you gave them something they'd pounce otherwise make the other team beat you.

Even on the bench the players seemed more involved.

Results probably don't mean a lot to either team(s) more a pre-tournament bonding situation.

Going to be tough picking the teams, and if it is on bigger ice skating will play a bigger role.
For much of this series, I was asking myself when the Russian Coach would turn the dogs loose...I think we will see a very different team if we face Team Russia in the medal round. They have the goaltending and talent, and they are playing at home. It's going to be a challenge.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:08 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
Probably half the 2011 draft is still eligible.

Some of the better 2011's are 1992 so too old, Landeskog, Larsson, Bartschi.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2011e.html

Old
11-16-2012, 08:12 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
For much of this series, I was asking myself when the Russian Coach would turn the dogs loose...I think we will see a very different team if we face Team Russia in the medal round. They have the goaltending and talent, and they are playing at home. It's going to be a challenge.
I hope they are good games.

Of course everyone wants the gold, but good games can ease the heartbreak.

Who knows about Sweden and USofA though. Zibanejad and friends will likely have something to say.