HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Does Boston have "odd" wingers?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2012, 06:14 AM
  #26
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Horton could be done, but I'm not a Boston fan and don't really follow that kind of stuff.

At least, it doesn't seem like he'll be the same player.
I don't know what you are basing that on, he was scoring at a 30 goal pace after his first concussion and even though he said he was feeling a little off when he came back, it didn't show up in his point totals or his physical game

That may very well be the case, I just don't know how you can make that judgement until he tries to come back and play. He has already said he feels better than when he came back last year, that sounds encouraging to me.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 08:58 AM
  #27
don
Registered User
 
don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I don't know what you are basing that on, he was scoring at a 30 goal pace after his first concussion and even though he said he was feeling a little off when he came back, it didn't show up in his point totals or his physical game

That may very well be the case, I just don't know how you can make that judgement until he tries to come back and play. He has already said he feels better than when he came back last year, that sounds encouraging to me.
I believe his agent recently said he was completley healthy. Having said that, I would be willing to trade any/all of the following provided the deal was right: Krejci, Peverley, Paille. I believe we have the bodies to replace them.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:54 AM
  #28
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,605
vCash: 500
I know that Peverly doesn't play too many top 6 minutes but his style of play and size would be great in an Oilers uniform. Having him as the 2C would be nice playing with Yak and Hall.

What would it take from EDM to get Peverley.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:40 PM
  #29
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I know that Peverly doesn't play too many top 6 minutes but his style of play and size would be great in an Oilers uniform. Having him as the 2C would be nice playing with Yak and Hall.

What would it take from EDM to get Peverley.
It would take a forward who can/ is:

-Play both center & wing
-Really good defensively
-Score in the 50 point range
-Kill penalties
-Play PP, also play point on PP
-Slide in seamlessly into top-6 role incase of injury
-On a fair contract
-30 yrs old or younger

Who does Edmonton have that fits that criteria?

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:28 AM
  #30
don
Registered User
 
don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I know that Peverly doesn't play too many top 6 minutes but his style of play and size would be great in an Oilers uniform. Having him as the 2C would be nice playing with Yak and Hall.

What would it take from EDM to get Peverley.
I would settle for Martindale plus Hamilton/Cornet (prefer Hamilton).

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:27 PM
  #31
ottawa
go habs go
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,204
vCash: 500
Yes, they are pretty weird.



Some of them just don't get the concept of laying a hit

ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:53 PM
  #32
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star
 
ToddRundgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,915
vCash: 500
I don't think fellow B's fans will like it but... Hemsky for Peverley as the basis for some deal?

ToddRundgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:14 AM
  #33
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Q'onoS
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 2,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
I don't think fellow B's fans will like it but... Hemsky for Peverley as the basis for some deal?
I like that Peverley is cheaper and more versatile. Plus, where in our top 6 would Hemsky play? I don't know if his skill-set would mesh in the bottom 6.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:22 AM
  #34
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Not many defense pairings can handle the size and power of Lucic and Horton on the same line. Downlow they cause mayhem, both 250+ lbs, big boys. Horton is very important to their offense, hes just overshadowed by Lucic.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:09 AM
  #35
Paradise
Individual thinker
 
Paradise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waiverpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
I would settle for Martindale plus Hamilton/Cornet (prefer Hamilton).
Ugly deal for the Bruins. Why "settle" when there's no reason to trade him in the first place?

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:23 AM
  #36
don
Registered User
 
don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Ugly deal for the Bruins. Why "settle" when there's no reason to trade him in the first place?
Reason 1: the future (getting youth back with good pside back)
Reason 2: CAP Space (3.25 Million is a bit high for a 3rd liner)
Reason 3: he is replaceable with what we currently have with very little drop in performance (Caron, Knight)

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:53 AM
  #37
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD
 
FONZIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Moved to Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Reason 1: the future (getting youth back with good pside back)
Reason 2: CAP Space (3.25 Million is a bit high for a 3rd liner)
Reason 3: he is replaceable with what we currently have with very little drop in performance (Caron, Knight)
I disagree. The Bruins' offence suffered after Horton went down. Peverley is a patch, not a full-time replacement in our top 6.

__________________
FONZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:03 AM
  #38
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Reason 1: the future (getting youth back with good pside back)
Reason 2: CAP Space (3.25 Million is a bit high for a 3rd liner)
Reason 3: he is replaceable with what we currently have with very little drop in performance (Caron, Knight)
1) What he's offering in the proposal is not by any means 'great' prospects. Boston currently has equal or better in their system. Martindale??? really?

2) Cap space for what? Thomas off books after this season. And 3.25 for a "3rd liner" is a bit much, but most teams dont have 3rd liners the caliber of Peverly. It's why Bostons good depth carried them to a Cup.

3) I'd hardly agree that Caron can 'replace' what Peverly brings. Perhaps in the future, but not at the moment, thats a huge gamble. Do you really believe Knight is ready to step in and replace a veteran player like Peverly?

Sounds as if you want to make a trade just for the sake of trading.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:12 AM
  #39
don
Registered User
 
don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FONZIE View Post
I disagree. The Bruins' offence suffered after Horton went down. Peverley is a patch, not a full-time replacement in our top 6.
Yep, Peverley is a patch. Everything is based on Horton playing like he used to. That makes Peverley expendable.........IMO.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:25 AM
  #40
Paradise
Individual thinker
 
Paradise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waiverpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Yep, Peverley is a patch. Everything is based on Horton playing like he used to. That makes Peverley expendable.........IMO.
Thankfully it's just your opinion and isn't likely to happen.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:36 AM
  #41
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Woostah
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Yep, Peverley is a patch. Everything is based on Horton playing like he used to. That makes Peverley expendable.........IMO.
I'll agree with you that the success of the offense hinges on Horton's play. But the uncertainty surrouding if he will be able to return to form would suggest the B's need to keep as much depth as possible on the roster in the event he isn't the same.

None of the prospects you mentioned in the deal nor Caron or Knight can produce and give you what Pevs can on a nightly basis. He and Seguin were by far Boston's best forwards last playoffs Vs. the Caps. The trade you suggested makes Boston a worse team now and probably doesn't even improve them in the future.

Classic trading for trades sake proposal.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.