Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Alicat
Charge!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
When I screen candidates for IT jobs, I have a completely different expectation and set of criteria that I use, even for other positions that I'm not a subject matter expert in.

I screened a guy for an IT role that signed an email:

TGIF,
(name)

He was quirky, but he's an IT guy. You all are a different breed.
That's much better than the resumes that start with I need a job.

I am Boston Strong

Old
11-15-2012, 05:29 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Is anyone else watching American Horror Story: Asylum? Holy crap is it creepy.
Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I've heard only good things about it. I wish I got into it, cuz I'd love to see how they made a non movie channel TV show scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
We wanted to see the show when it premiered last season but never got around to it, so when we heard each season was going to be a stand alone story, we started up watching it this year. Good stuff, really creepy, and really twisted. I'm a little disappointed with one of the big "reveals" from last night because I nailed from the jump, but the stories of each character are very dark.
Same here. I really thought it was someone completely different. But now I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

Quote:
Son of a sea biscuit, I didn't know that either. I'll have to see if I can catch up with the on demand stuff or something.
Check it out if you can Chuck. Last season was really good too. Ghost story related. I prefer that season to this current batsh** crazy season.

11-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

I am going to Gustazo in Cambridge again tomorrow.

holy hell, they are going to just put a bed in that place for me.

soooooo goooooood.

Old
11-15-2012, 06:10 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
OK what the **** is with guys that come into the bathroom and whisper to themselves incomprehensibly nonstop while they do their business? Seriously, what the **** is that? I've worked with at least 4 different people that do this. It's slightly creepy and more than slightly weird.
If it is happening at the urinal its probably a pep talk- research shows that 20% of American men suffer from some form of shy kidneys and/or stagefright. There is nothing more terrifying than being at Foxboro waiting 10 minutes to step up to 'the plate' with dozens of druken louts behind you and not being able to do perform.

What is more irritating is people that whistle in the stalls. If I could get away with it, or even had the mask and knife I would reenact the bathroom scene from one of the earlier Scream movies and end that right there.

Old
11-15-2012, 06:23 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
If it is happening at the urinal its probably a pep talk- research shows that 20% of American men suffer from some form of shy kidneys and/or stagefright. There is nothing more terrifying than being at Foxboro waiting 10 minutes to step up to 'the plate' with dozens of druken louts behind you and not being able to do perform.

What is more irritating is people that whistle in the stalls. If I could get away with it, or even had the mask and knife I would reenact the bathroom scene from one of the earlier Scream movies and end that right there.
When I was last at a hockey game, I believe this happened to me in Buffalo, I was waiting in line in the men's room and two guys in two different lines made a $5 bet on who would get to piss first. I happened to be in front of one of the gamblers. Sure enough, I step up to bat and I notice that BOTH gamblers are now on deck. If I don't complete my leak before the guy to my left, then I cost the guy behind me 5 bucks. Both gamblers were legitimately cheering us on. So awkward. Talk about pressure to perform!

Happy to say that I got the assist on the win.

Old
11-15-2012, 06:42 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Today I "directed" and "produced" my first ever live show for TV

Granted it was just a show for my introductory TV class, and it will only be on my schools channels, but still it was pretty cool yet intimidating

You can fast forward to about 13 seconds in. It is supposed to look like a terribly unprepared public access TV show where the host has no idea what he is doing and its produced on a 5 dollar budget

Its not perfect but its my first time producing my own show so I figured id post it (thats not me by the way)

The end is just all black too so dont watch til the very end haha

Old
11-15-2012, 07:13 PM
chuckdobbins

Ketch, that was horrible . The good news is that I would describe it as a 5 buck budget, ghetto public access quality, thrown together last minute with a random "host" show...which you said is what you were going for. So you nailed it!

The production quality is what puts it over the top for me. I don't know what you shot with, or if there was any extra editing in there to get it to look this way, but the video and sound is perfect.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:40 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Ketch, that was horrible . The good news is that I would describe it as a 5 buck budget, ghetto public access quality, thrown together last minute with a random "host" show...which you said is what you were going for. So you nailed it!

The production quality is what puts it over the top for me. I don't know what you shot with, or if there was any extra editing in there to get it to look this way, but the video and sound is perfect.
haha thanks

For some reason even at a college level this is the best recording quality we could get haha. When I got the DVD and saw that it still looked low quality I wasn't too disappointed, I figured it fit the show well.

I mean we use like state of the art equipment, no idea why its like that haha. But thanks, glad it gave off the vibe I wanted. I was all edited and shot live so I didnt get a chance to edit it or add anything after

Old
11-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
When I was last at a hockey game, I believe this happened to me in Buffalo, I was waiting in line in the men's room and two guys in two different lines made a $5 bet on who would get to piss first. I happened to be in front of one of the gamblers. Sure enough, I step up to bat and I notice that BOTH gamblers are now on deck. If I don't complete my leak before the guy to my left, then I cost the guy behind me 5 bucks. Both gamblers were legitimately cheering us on. So awkward. Talk about pressure to perform!

Stall FTW!

Old
11-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I just treated myself and bought these. I am excited!

Old
11-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

I don't know how you guys walk around with those things.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:

h
o
t

well done

Old
11-15-2012, 10:47 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:

Super cute!

Old
11-15-2012, 10:57 PM
DK87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. We have a 1 year old pug.. I can't imagine what it would be like lose her, her annoying licking OCD and all.
So tragic. I love animals, especially dogs but you need to put things in perspective. It's a dog, not a human, not a mother, a father, a spouse, a sibling...

Old
11-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

MARCO STURM, FIVE FOUR BOSTON.

Sorry, just watched that video for the billionth time, had to vent.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:29 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK87 View Post
So tragic. I love animals, especially dogs but you need to put things in perspective. It's a dog, not a human, not a mother, a father, a spouse, a sibling...
one would argue that it becomes like a sibling or child to some people.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:36 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Oh I agree.

I have seen some people do some be more saddened by their dog passing than a family member which I see as a tad ridiculous.

That being said, I am sure the home feels rather empty when you are used to the same dog greeting you when you get home for 15 years.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:07 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Oh I agree.

I have seen some people do some be more saddened by their dog passing than a family member which I see as a tad ridiculous.

That being said, I am sure the home feels rather empty when you are used to the same dog greeting you when you get home for 15 years.
Exactly. You'll change your tune soon enough I'm sure, with that little black pug of yours

Old
11-16-2012, 07:32 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
True...but you also love that dog more then you do 99.9% of the human population. I have to wonder if you ever had a dog from 3 months until 15 years old.... If not then I can understand your comments.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:34 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Oh I agree.

I got my Scooby when my kids were 5 and 2. Put him to sleep when they were 18 and 15. I cried as hard and as long as I did when my mother passed away...Now, obviously I did not love them the same , but the pain was indeed excrutiating...Sadly, 15 years from now I think you will understand.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:42 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I got my Scooby when my kids were 5 and 2. Put him to sleep when they were 18 and 15. I cried as hard and as long as I did when my mother passed away...Now, obviously I did not love them the same , but the pain was indeed excrutiating...Sadly, 15 years from now I think you will understand.
That's a tough age for the kids to have to say goodbye to the pup as well. I fear the day my schnauzer is on his last legs. He's 5 now, so I'm hoping to get many more great years out of him, even if it means he wakes up the baby when the mailman is at the door, or a squirrel runs across the street...or a freakin leaf blows through the yard.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
That's a tough age for the kids to have to say goodbye to the pup as well. I fear the day my schnauzer is on his last legs. He's 5 now, so I'm hoping to get many more great years out of him, even if it means he wakes up the baby when the mailman is at the door, or a squirrel runs across the street...or a freakin leaf blows through the yard.
your post yesterday cracked me up----although I felt your pain.

my cat is 11.......absolutely DREAD the day...when..

Old
11-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Love, and grief, are not rational.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:12 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:

Very cool. Where did you get them? I'm looking for something like this that won't break the bank. I know, good luck with that

Old
11-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Very cool. Where did you get them? I'm looking for something like this that won't break the bank. I know, good luck with that
Zappos! They weren't cheap, but they weren't $300 like some of the other pairs I was looking at.

Closed Thread