HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Something that I forgot to mention was how big Galchenyuk looked. He was just a little bit shorter than Scheifele who's fairly listed at 6'3" and clearly taller than Camara who's somewhat generously listed at 6'1". His legs were tree trunks too. He looked a lot stronger than most on the ice.
Good, safe to say Gally does indeed look the 6'1'' Timmins claimed he was on draft night? Or even taller?

BTW, do you have the game recorded? We need some youtube clips of the assists!

Old
11-16-2012, 10:46 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
BTW, do you have the game recorded? We need some youtube clips of the assists!
I can pull em off Hockey Streams and put them up if no one beats me to it between now and tonight.

As always, if someone can link me to a boxscore, it'd expedite the process

Old
11-16-2012, 10:57 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I can pull em off Hockey Streams and put them up if no one beats me to it between now and tonight.

2. SAR C. Murphy, (3) (A. Galchenyuk, A. Basso), 6:44 (PP)
3. SAR R. Boucher, (12) (C. Sarault, A. Galchenyuk), 4:03

The numbers at the beginning mean the periods I believe.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Galchenkel

Send a message via MSN to Galchenkel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Let's see how he develops first. 1-he looked like chicken with it's head cut off most of last year, great speed but accomplished very little on the ice. 2-the Red Wings have not drafted that well in the last 10 years. They still live off the glory of picks like Lidstrom Zetterberg and Datsyuk.
Frk, Tatar, Ouellett, Sproul, Smith, Nyquist, Jurco, Sproul, Mrazek....Typical Red Wings prospect pool : no big names until we say Red Wings draft and develop like no other.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:27 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Are you kidding me?

That was the worse give away I've seen in a while. In the slot, gives it away to the colt player, tape to tape. Almost komisarek to cammy style.

Brutal. Looked like Latta.

4-2 EN.
You are criticizing 18 year old boys, away from their homes for the first time, and under huge pressure. Hope you're good with that. I find it weird personally.

Last edited by bsl: 11-16-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old
11-16-2012, 11:43 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Sounds like he picked up two points on a off night. I rather he dominated and got none though.
Huh? Really? Are you serious? Last time I checked, Hockey is about scoring and assisting on goals. Defense comes second, when you're in trouble.

'Dominating' without producing goals or assists. That's a new one. I suggest you look at Jaques Lemaire clips for a while.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:00 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

How do you get them off of hockey streams? I have an account there too, so maybe on days where you can't do it, I'll do it...

Old
11-16-2012, 12:22 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Huh? Really? Are you serious? Last time I checked, Hockey is about scoring and assisting on goals. Defense comes second, when you're in trouble.

'Dominating' without producing goals or assists. That's a new one. I suggest you look at Jaques Lemaire clips for a while.
Sure points are important but you also want to see him dominating games from start to finish. I'm not suggesting he stop scoring. What's so hard to understand.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:10 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:

It's about differentiating between the method and the effect. Reality is stochastic. The best we can generally do is develop trends: what things will lead to success more often than failure. Points are simply the most incomplete way of establishing this trend. So, I'd rather see Gally work his balls off, and have Boucher, Sarault et al. whiff on 5 beautiful chances created by Galchenyuk, than see Galchenyuk get a goal from a deflection off his ass.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:37 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
It's about differentiating between the method and the effect. Reality is stochastic. The best we can generally do is develop trends: what things will lead to success more often than failure. Points are simply the most incomplete way of establishing this trend. So, I'd rather see Gally work his balls off, and have Boucher, Sarault et al. whiff on 5 beautiful chances created by Galchenyuk, than see Galchenyuk get a goal from a deflection off his ass.
This. I did not see the game so I can't comment, but if Gally lost control of the puck or simply gave it to Boucher who deke'd the whole team and passes to Sarault for the goal, yes he gets an assist and a +1, but it doesn't indicate much. The most important thing for me is that Gally creates (either by a nice pass, nice deke or a nice shot) as many scoring chances as possible. Anyway, maybe he had an ''off'' game but I couldn't be less worried about him getting scoring chances. Can't wait to see the kid play in the Bell Center, I really feel he's the kind of guy that feeds from the crowd.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Plante

Quote:

Scott Stevens and Dominik Hasek say hi.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:52 PM
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru

I was also at the game last night and Galchenyuk was pretty quiet. His skill was noticeable but his lack of quality linemates was noticable throughout the entire game, he never really had a good scoring chance except for a 2 on 1 at the end of a shift where he lost control of the puck. The best player on the ice was definitely Athansiou, and that has been a common occurrence this season. Connor Murphy also looked really good, played very physical and he possesses a big point shot.

Was sitting in section 104 with my two kid brothers. They said there was scouts behind us, so I turned around and noticed 8-10 guys behind us with papers and pens jotting things down. I was shocked to see LA Kings GM Dean Lombardi sitting right behind us, with a couple scouts I didn't recognize (one of which was wearing an LA Kings jacket) Anyhow, I googled his pic on my phone and my brothers wanted his autograph, so they went and asked him and got him to sign their ticket. Anyhow, during the secnd intermission while coming back from getting a drink, I look up two rows behind us and Martin Lapointe is sitting there with another guy whom I didn't recognize, I got him to sign my ticket and he was really friendly, saying he was surprised someone recognized him! Can post the pic of his auto if anyone likes.

It was a great time!

Old
11-16-2012, 01:59 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
How do you get them off of hockey streams? I have an account there too, so maybe on days where you can't do it, I'll do it...
I just use a simple screen capture program. Cam Studio I think it's called? It's really basic (no audio) and captures an area of whatever's on your screen, so it's not suitable for any "serious" screen grab projects or anything like that. But as far as a quick way to share some hockey highlights, it's serviceable enough

Old
11-16-2012, 02:11 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
How do Gally do against Schiefele, as he did score one more point than Schiefele, but I know that doesn't tell the whole story. Who looked better?
Scheifele did. Excellent defensively and very good offensively. Made some great passes and had some plays that I wish I got to see again. He walked away with the puck in almost every puck battle he engaged in. Galchenyuk was a bit different. His skill was evident and had some great plays, but was fairly quiet apart from those.

Both of them were clearly the smartest forwards on the ice. TV doesn't do justice how good both of them position themselves on the ice.

While Scheifele did do a good job shutting down Galchenyuk, Ekblad was the reason why Galchenyuk seemed neutralized at times. He kept the puck away from Galchenyuk and often broke up plays before they could reach Galchenyuk.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:31 PM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

The Jets have a good center coming in the ranks very soon, wish he fell to us in 11. Imagine Schiefele and Gally on the Habs:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Desharnais
Bozon-Schiefele-Collberg

Old
11-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
JF Chaumont wrote 2 more Gally articles for le Journal after seeing him play last night. The only way to access them without being a VIP member is via twitter, so here are the links to his tweets linking the article:

https://twitter.com/JFChaumont/statu...38846432190466

https://twitter.com/JFChaumont/statu...39513108418560

This should settle the rust debate:

« Après un départ assez lent, j’ai vraiment retrouvé mes repères sur la glace, a précisé le numéro 94 du Sting. J’avais besoin de jouer quelques matchs pour me sentir plus confortable, surtout après ma longue absence. J’ai recommencé à faire de bons jeux. »

Gally interview video: http://www.journaldemontreal.com/vid.../1974326152001

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 11-16-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 03:11 PM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

2nd game of the 3 game road trip, against the Subdury Wolves at 7:35, I'll be tuning in on the radio. Hoping Gally bounces back.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:24 PM
domdo345

sooo...even the DG of the colts who has Schiefele in his club is saying that Gally is the best player in the OHL for the last month. Cannot get more unbiased opinion than this, and I like it.

edit: It also means that Gally was in the other teams' game plan, but now he'll really face some tough covering and matchups. Good test and even better if he keeps producing like he does.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Glad to see that Gally is lighting it up. I was so excited when we got to pick him. Kid is going to be a star.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:48 PM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Glad to see that Gally is lighting it up. I was so excited when we got to pick him. Kid is going to be a star.
So was I. I wanted the Habs to draft him since February of last year.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:09 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Sorry guys, been hella busy the last week or two with work so haven't had time to upload any Gallyness. You can bet though, that whenever I have time I will post the plays you'll want to see.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:13 PM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
Sorry guys, been hella busy the last week or two with work so haven't had time to upload any Gallyness. You can bet though, that whenever I have time I will post the plays you'll want to see.
Sounds good, thanks HankyZetts (formerly Twi2teD).

Last edited by AJMHABS: 11-16-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 05:24 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Sounds good, thanks HankyZetts (formerly Twi2teD).
Hehe no problemo broseph!

fwiw, always thought it was a big thing for us to change our usernames, was gonna just put HankyZetts in my title and saw that I could change it, so I did. lol

Old
11-16-2012, 05:39 PM
LaTenderness

Olé olé olé olé ollllé olllé

We're the best no one can beat us

We drink beer and wear Adidas

Ollllé olé olé

Old
11-16-2012, 05:50 PM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Hehe no problemo broseph!

fwiw, always thought it was a big thing for us to change our usernames, was gonna just put HankyZetts in my title and saw that I could change it, so I did. lol
Well, I got confused for how fast you changed it.

Closed Thread