HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Thread: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 06:25 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
How about something around Lupul + 1st (top 10 protected) + prospect?
A while ago just Luongo for Lupul was shot down by Leaf fans. I go away to Vegas for a few days, come back and see proposals like this? What changed?

For the record, as long as the Canucks were allowed to talk to Lupul's agent first and work out a contract extension this is a deal I would do. I wouldn't have it top 10 protected though (acquiring Luongo pretty much protects it anyways), but this is the framework of a deal I would make.

11-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
A while ago just Luongo for Lupul was shot down by Leaf fans. I go away to Vegas for a few days, come back and see proposals like this? What changed?
For the record, as long as the Canucks were allowed to talk to Lupul's agent first and work out a contract extension this is a deal I would do. I wouldn't have it top 10 protected though (acquiring Luongo pretty much protects it anyways), but this is the framework of a deal I would make.
the BJ's acquired the Miami Marlins, so the city of Toronto is a bit less hostile

edit: WTF is wrong with this site? I've deleted the same PM like 5 times now !?@!

Old
11-15-2012, 07:37 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Since when is Lupul a viable option? No ****in thanks.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:56 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
the BJ's acquired the Miami Marlins, so the city of Toronto is a bit less hostile

edit: WTF is wrong with this site? I've deleted the same PM like 5 times now !?@!
I'm a Jays fan and love the trade; however, based on what I've seen from fans in that area it would be funny to see their reaction if Selig vetos the trade.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Hollywood Burrows

Wow, people on hfboards once again openly suggesting the Canucks acquire the vain, preening, pretentious moron Joffrey Lupul? Yes, great move. Let's trade for this soft, lazy, future c-list actor who just had a career season.

I am only posting to say that Joffrey Lupul is a shallow pretty boy who will never win anything in his pro hockey career. I will jump off the Lions Gate if he wears Canucks colors, BOOK IT.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Yeesh, so much Lupul hate. I mean, we berate Gillis for not bringing in more scorers, but to expect them to have perfect personalities as well?

Anyways, here's something to rosterbate about:

Apparently Phoenix's woes aren't improving and there's a good chance they might get moved. It's possible that Doan get's traded to his next favourite destination if Phoenix is relocated. So if we do something like Raymond, Malhotra, Schroeder, 2014 1st conditional on Canucks making SCF in either of the next two years for Doan.

Then trade Luongo for Lupul, Gunnarsson, and a cond. 1st.

Then trade Jensen, 2013 1st, 2nd, and Ballard for Perry

We'd end up with:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m)
Joffrey Lupul ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($5.300m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Zack Kassian ($0.870m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Steve Pinizzotto ($0.600m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Carl Gunnarsson ($1.325m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,470,000; BONUSES: $185,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $730,000

No chance we can keep it together once the cap goes down, but that team is best in the league AINEC.

A pipe dream, though, but still.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Burrows View Post
Wow, people on hfboards once again openly suggesting the Canucks acquire the vain, preening, pretentious moron Joffrey Lupul? Yes, great move. Let's trade for this soft, lazy, future c-list actor who just had a career season.

I am only posting to say that Joffrey Lupul is a shallow pretty boy who will never win anything in his pro hockey career. I will jump off the Lions Gate if he wears Canucks colors, BOOK IT.
$100 says you won't do it

Old
11-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I'm a Jays fan and love the trade; however, based on what I've seen from fans in that area it would be funny to see their reaction if Selig vetos the trade.
that would be tragic.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yeesh, so much Lupul hate. I mean, we berate Gillis for not bringing in more scorers, but to expect them to have perfect personalities as well?

Anyways, here's something to rosterbate about:

Apparently Phoenix's woes aren't improving and there's a good chance they might get moved. It's possible that Doan get's traded to his next favourite destination if Phoenix is relocated. So if we do something like Raymond, Malhotra, Schroeder, 2014 1st conditional on Canucks making SCF in either of the next two years for Doan.

Then trade Luongo for Lupul, Gunnarsson, and a cond. 1st.

Then trade Jensen, 2013 1st, 2nd, and Ballard for Perry

We'd end up with:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m)
Joffrey Lupul ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($5.300m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Zack Kassian ($0.870m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Steve Pinizzotto ($0.600m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Carl Gunnarsson ($1.325m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,470,000; BONUSES: $185,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $730,000

No chance we can keep it together once the cap goes down, but that team is best in the league AINEC.

A pipe dream, though, but still.
Hey Vankiller...not because Gunner is the be all end all, but because we traded Schenn, we really can't be moving any of our starting D-corps.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Burrows View Post

You know it's funny, Van fans have pretty much stated that to move Luongo they'd want immediate scoring help, so we offer our top line PPG scoring winger plus and you type this.....good luck to you in getting what you feel you deserve i guess....

Old
11-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
You know it's funny, Van fans have pretty much stated that to move Luongo they'd want immediate scoring help, so we offer our top line PPG scoring winger plus and you type this.....good luck to you in getting what you feel you deserve i guess....

Futile trying to appease every fan LL, on both sides of the fence.

I'm actually a fan that advocates getting prospects, and am not concerned so much with immediate scoring help from TO...Depends on who you talk to I guess...

Old
11-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Futile trying to appease every fan LL, on both sides of the fence.

I'm actually a fan that advocates getting prospects, and am not concerned so much with immediate scoring help from TO...Depends on who you talk to I guess...
Ya i know, i've tried it multiple ways, pick and prospects...now help pick an prospect...etc etc.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Hey Vankiller...not because Gunner is the be all end all, but because we traded Schenn, we really can't be moving any of our starting D-corps.
Yeah, that's fine. It was more just to get a replacement for Ballard to fit under the cap, otherwise we could just trade a pick for Jordan Leopold or Henrik Tallinder.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Alflives

Quote:
Toronto can keep their forwards. None of the Leaf's forwards provide a skill-set the Canucks forwards currently don't already posses. Luongo for Phaneuf makes more sense for both teams.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Toronto can keep their forwards. None of the Leaf's forwards provide a skill-set the Canucks forwards currently don't already posses. Luongo for Phaneuf makes more sense for both teams.
Lol...

Phaneuf/Gunner
Liles/Gardiner
Komi/Franson? (unsigned)/Holzer? (rookie callup)

How does removing Phaneuf make any "sense" for TO??

Old
11-16-2012, 11:07 AM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Toronto can keep their forwards. None of the Leaf's forwards provide a skill-set the Canucks forwards currently don't already posses.
So depth isn't important? You wouldn't take a player like JVR because we already have two (Booth and Kassian) who occasionally can play the role of physically imposing scorer?

Quote:
Luongo for Phaneuf makes more sense for both teams.
Phaneuf's cap hit is massive and as the only Leafs fan who posts regularly in this thread stated, they can't spare defensemen.

Trading for Luongo for Phaneuf would simply be a matter of trading one cap problem for another from the Canucks standpoint.

As soon as Phaneuf comes in, Alex Edler is your sixth highest paid defenseman at $3.25m and due a massive raise; the Canucks would have to dump Keith Ballard and probably someone else too in order to accomodate Phaneuf.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

Not going to happen. They are building around Phaneuf and Kessel. Makes no sense to them to deal either. Further, it's unsustainable here as well, unless you want to get rid of Edler?

Old
11-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
So depth isn't important? You wouldn't take a player like JVR because we already have two (Booth and Kassian) who occasionally can play the role of physically imposing scorer?

Phaneuf's cap hit is massive and as the only Leafs fan who posts regularly in this thread stated, they can't spare defensemen.

Trading for Luongo for Phaneuf would simply be a matter of trading one cap problem for another from the Canucks standpoint.

As soon as Phaneuf comes in, Alex Edler is your sixth highest paid defenseman at $3.25m and due a massive raise; the Canucks would have to dump Keith Ballard and probably someone else too in order to accomodate Phaneuf.
Edler, who appears to be wanting a big pay-raise, should be moved. He would bring in that "serviceable depth" forward Canuck's posters seem to desire.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:17 AM
dave babych returns

I'd take Alex Edler and his monster raise over Dion Phaneuf even if DP came for free.. nevermind giving up Luongo for him.

Guaranteed Edler doesn't end up costing the Canucks $6.5m per.

Oh and by the way, the Leafs will end up in the exact same situation with Phaneuf next year that the Canucks are in with Edler now.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Alflives

Quote:
Lol...

Phaneuf/Gunner
Liles/Gardiner
Komi/Franson? (unsigned)/Holzer? (rookie callup)

How does removing Phaneuf make any "sense" for TO??
"lol" (Lots of love?) What? Regardless of the point of the acronym, Toronto needs a goalie more than they need Phaneuf. With Luongo in goal the Leafs' 'd' (younger ones too) would look much better, and develop properly. Gardiner could play Phaneuf's minutes, and Morgan Rielly is ready to play in the NHL, providing there is a good goalie behind him.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
I'd take Alex Edler and his monster raise over Dion Phaneuf even if DP came for free.. nevermind giving up Luongo for him.

Guaranteed Edler doesn't end up costing the Canucks $6.5m per.

Oh and by the way, the Leafs will end up in the exact same situation with Phaneuf next year that the Canucks are in with Edler now.
You would rate Edler ahead of Phaneuf? They have identical skill-sets, except Phaneuf adds meanness that Edler does not have. This makes him exactly what the Canucks currently lack on their 'd'.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
You would rate Edler ahead of Phaneuf? They have identical skill-sets, except Phaneuf adds meanness that Edler does not have. This makes him exactly what the Canucks currently lack on their 'd'.

Just look at TO's defense for a moment. Do you actually think they can afford to lose their #1? Not going to happen.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:32 AM
dave babych returns

Quote:
You would rate Edler ahead of Phaneuf?
I'd take Alex Edler and his big raise over Dion Phaneuf and his $6.5m because Edler will still be the cheaper defenseman and the gap in their on ice impact is not great.

Phaneuf is paid to be a #1 defenseman and he would not be that (by any meaningful margin.. maybe some nights, but not others) here.

Quote:
They have identical skill-sets, except Phaneuf adds meanness that Edler does not have.

Quote:
This makes him exactly what the Canucks currently lack on their 'd'.
Edler can play physical, Bieksa plays mean and Ballard also plays a sneaky dirty kind of game. The Canucks could use an upgrade on Andrew Alberts.

What they do not need to do is blow their wad (ie. trading their most valuable trade chip - Roberto Luongo) for a defenseman who might be slightly better than their other defenders, who is meaner and who gets paid vastly more and will force them to move other defenders to make space.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
"lol" (Lots of love?) What? Regardless of the point of the acronym, Toronto needs a goalie more than they need Phaneuf. With Luongo in goal the Leafs' 'd' (younger ones too) would look much better, and develop properly. Gardiner could play Phaneuf's minutes, and Morgan Rielly is ready to play in the NHL, providing there is a good goalie behind him.
Whoa...you think a 21 year old is ready for 25 minutes of #1D...and an 18 year old becomes an 82 game regular even though he hasn't played 1 second in the NHL?

Luongo would have to be super human at that point. Take a look at the starting D i posted...it's bad with Phaneuf in..it's catastrophic if we take him out.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Edler, who appears to be wanting a big pay-raise, should be moved. He would bring in that "serviceable depth" forward Canuck's posters seem to desire.
and leave a massive hole on defense. No thanks!

Closed Thread