HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Riley Sheahan Arrested

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2012, 06:52 PM
  #126
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
No I was replying to a post that said none of those things are comparable to drunk driving, and it included texting which is complete bs and just shows how morals are coming into play here and not actual evidence.

I never once said its okay
Wasn't taking a shot at you. Like I said, there is a very strong effort right now to get people to realize texting and driving is very reckless and dangerous behavior. I got hit the other day coming back from the airport and the guy who hit my car didn't appear to hit his brakes much if at all. I wouldn't be shocked if he was checking his phone and didn't see traffic in front of him was at a complete stand still. Fortunately no one was injured but it's a PITA for me and his insurance company has to pay out $4000 for his idiocy.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:32 PM
  #127
ESunlin
Registered User
 
ESunlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Just curious how are you certain he hasn't learned from this mistake? I understand being in law-enforcement you come across this and see the holes it leaves in someones lives. But isn't a huge part of what your job supposed to be about correcting people's behavior and rehabilitation into society? Don't forget the other part.
I'm certain because this isn't his first drinking related charge. Unfortunately, my profession gives me a lot of insight into these sort of things- he is making quite the habit of being 'invincible'. We see it a lot from 17-23ish. They are the same ones who think jail is a game... Of course, after their first prison charge, that usually changes... Anyways, I digress.

Reducing recidivism is a HUGE part of our job- hence why I wish they could no bond him. Athletes have a tendency to 'buy' their way out of jail time.... They come into jail, sit for a day, go in front of the judge, get arraigned, pay their bond, and DONE. That's it. To me, that isn't going to do a damn thing. Tell me a 20 year old that has done what Riley has done is going to learn from that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Haha. Keep preaching sista.

I said Riley Sheahan should get what's coming to him legally. Drinking and Driving is NOT a good idea. It's against the law for good reason.

But thanks to years of shrill screaming by MADD and SADD, the knee jerk reaction to it is over-the-top...
No, actually, you said that we are all overreacting because you did it 25ish times and were fine. It's not okay- no matter how you spin it, it isn't. That crap about "20 year olds will be 20 year olds" is a bunch of male bovine excrement. It's about responsibility- to himself, to his team, and to the people driving around him.

Do you have kids?

ESunlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:18 PM
  #128
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,251
vCash: 500
21,113 drunk driving fatalities in 1982.
15,827 drunk driving fatalities in 1991.
13,472 drunk driving fatalities in 2002.
10,759 drunk driving fatalities in 2010.

Sure, whining about drunk driving does no good. We are obviously wasting our time and shouldn't do anything to warn people about the dangers of drunk driving or texting while driving.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:30 PM
  #129
RaySheppard
Registered User
 
RaySheppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
I take a million mugshots on drunks every day.
No you don't. Sounds to me like you just posted while drinking.So according to the groupthink in this thread.....

1 Anything you post from now on is meaningless.

2 You should be banned for life because you have just been judged an idiot on an internet forum.

3 You will be an idiot for life because we say so.

Hof boards bangs gavel.

RaySheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:06 AM
  #130
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post

No, actually, you said that we are all overreacting because you did it 25ish times and were fine. It's not okay- no matter how you spin it, it isn't. That crap about "20 year olds will be 20 year olds" is a bunch of male bovine excrement. It's about responsibility- to himself, to his team, and to the people driving around him.

Do you have kids?
No, I didn't say you're overreacting because I did it 25 times.

I said you were overreacting because you have an emotional response and not a rational response.

As you've proven once again, by failing to respond to what was written.

And I never said it was OK. What part about "Let him get get the punishment he deserves .. and nothing less" suggests it's OK.

I don't have kids. Maybe if I did, I'd become irrational and judgmental and forget that I made mistakes in my life.

In which case, I've found another silver lining that comes with not having kids.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:11 AM
  #131
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
21,113 drunk driving fatalities in 1982.
15,827 drunk driving fatalities in 1991.
13,472 drunk driving fatalities in 2002.
10,759 drunk driving fatalities in 2010.

Sure, whining about drunk driving does no good. We are obviously wasting our time and shouldn't do anything to warn people about the dangers of drunk driving or texting while driving.
http://www.wvdhhr.org/bph/oehp/obesity/mortality.htm

Obesity causes 300,000 preventable deaths a year.

Do you let your kids get fat? You're a child killer.
You should be locked up and called an idiot and a bad apple and ridiculed.

You should also be subject to some of the most totalitarian laws this country has to offer (refuse a PBT? Instant arrest/License confiscated and destroyed before trial)
And those insane laws are a byproduct of this country having been brainwashed on the issue of drunk driving.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:06 AM
  #132
guinness
those were the days
 
guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Clovis, California
Country: United States
Posts: 12,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
And here comes the onslaught of holier-than-thou internet warriors... MOD

He's 20 years old. Spare me the hysterics.
He's underage and had a BAC above 0.15 - that's not minor, that's just being dumb.

guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:00 PM
  #133
ESunlin
Registered User
 
ESunlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
No, I didn't say you're overreacting because I did it 25 times.

I said you were overreacting because you have an emotional response and not a rational response.

As you've proven once again, by failing to respond to what was written.

And I never said it was OK. What part about "Let him get get the punishment he deserves .. and nothing less" suggests it's OK.

I don't have kids. Maybe if I did, I'd become irrational and judgmental and forget that I made mistakes in my life.

In which case, I've found another silver lining that comes with not having kids.
Nowhere in your statements did you say anything about an emotional vs. rational response. All you've done is condemn posters for condemning Riley's actions. Honestly, I'm not sure why I even argue because you have no credibility standing on this issue. I think I probably do because I do see the consequences of his actions so much.

If you had kids, perhaps you would understand an emotional response. I don't have kids of my own, but I can tell you right now that if my nephew was killed by a drunk driver, I would probably be sitting in prison with my charges. It's totally preventable.

At 20 years old, you know the consequences of drinking and driving. His actions are inexcusable.

ESunlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:01 PM
  #134
ESunlin
Registered User
 
ESunlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySheppard View Post
No you don't. Sounds to me like you just posted while drinking.So according to the groupthink in this thread.....

1 Anything you post from now on is meaningless.

2 You should be banned for life because you have just been judged an idiot on an internet forum.

3 You will be an idiot for life because we say so.

Hof boards bangs gavel.
No, no! I want to bang the gavel!

P.S. It's pretty bad that it's been months since I've been active on this board, and THIS is what gets me to argue once again.... Love it.

ESunlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
  #135
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
Nowhere in your statements did you say anything about an emotional vs. rational response. All you've done is condemn posters for condemning Riley's actions. Honestly, I'm not sure why I even argue because you have no credibility standing on this issue. I think I probably do because I do see the consequences of his actions so much.

If you had kids, perhaps you would understand an emotional response. I don't have kids of my own, but I can tell you right now that if my nephew was killed by a drunk driver, I would probably be sitting in prison with my charges. It's totally preventable.

At 20 years old, you know the consequences of drinking and driving. His actions are inexcusable.
Would you be in prison if someone was speeding? Went through a stop sign? Didn't look before switching lanes? If someone fell asleep? If they were texting?

I just wonder where you draw the lines with your moral outrage.

I also wonder if this is all just talk. Because people often talk about how they'd react if a loved one died. But it sounds like lots of Hollywood drama conditioning. Sadness and grief often drowns out the rage you speak of.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:19 PM
  #136
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post
He's underage and had a BAC above 0.15 - that's not minor, that's just being dumb.
In my experience, people often got drunkest when they were underage and failed to understood the consequences


Last edited by RedWingsNow*: 11-16-2012 at 02:35 PM.
RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:22 PM
  #137
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 500
Hai guize, what going on in this thr--



Wow, everyone attack everyone who has a differing opinion on something!

YEAH! THAT'LL TEACH EM, JUST LIKE THE CRUSADES DID!

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:22 PM
  #138
guinness
those were the days
 
guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Clovis, California
Country: United States
Posts: 12,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
In my experience, people often got drunkest when they were underage and understood the consequences
However most people that age probably didn't attempt to drive...if he understands the concequences, he should pay the concequences.

The reason states like MI and CA have super drunk laws (forgot that MI is 0.17), is to try and discourage that behavior. I'd feel bad for Sheahan to a point, but I don't believe in making excuses or that boys will be boys, once he decided to get behind the wheel. He took a dumb risk, and now he'll have to man up to it.

guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:34 PM
  #139
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post
However most people that age probably didn't attempt to drive...if he understands the concequences, he should pay the concequences.

The reason states like MI and CA have super drunk laws (forgot that MI is 0.17), is to try and discourage that behavior. I'd feel bad for Sheahan to a point, but I don't believe in making excuses or that boys will be boys, once he decided to get behind the wheel. He took a dumb risk, and now he'll have to man up to it.
I don't feel bad for him really. I'm also not making an excuse for him.

But boys will be boys ... well, that's just a fact of life. Boys will be boys. Girls will be girls. Youth will be youth.

I just think it's unfair to suggest he's some kind of "bad apple" or that he's an idiot.

I don't know many people who had their priorities in perfect order at 20 years old. In fact, anyone who had a 40-year-old's priorities at 20 is someone who I regarded with suspicion.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:32 PM
  #140
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,210
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
I'm certain because this isn't his first drinking related charge.
Guess you missed my whole point, you cannot be certain what another person thinks. When life altering events take place. You have made a decision that he cannot learn from this or won't. You know nothing of the sort. He might not also. But I cannot say, I am certain Riley Sheahan will recommit himself to the path of good and go to church every sunday and sing in the choir. If you are certain of how other people think and when they will strike again we are waisting our time putting you on dispatch. You should go straight to Lansing and get a new position where you lock people up like the movie Minority Report before they do anything bad, because we are wasting your talents.

If you guys really have this big of a problem, I am serious write your state reps. The laws are the laws, he will get the punishment he gets. If you don't like them, go through the the right channels to fix it. Otherwise you come off as pompous.


Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 11-16-2012 at 03:45 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 03:16 PM
  #141
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
But it didn't make me reckless.
You're fooling yourself and I say this as someone who has also made mistakes.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 04:58 PM
  #142
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
http://www.wvdhhr.org/bph/oehp/obesity/mortality.htm

Obesity causes 300,000 preventable deaths a year.

Do you let your kids get fat? You're a child killer.
You should be locked up and called an idiot and a bad apple and ridiculed.

You should also be subject to some of the most totalitarian laws this country has to offer (refuse a PBT? Instant arrest/License confiscated and destroyed before trial)
And those insane laws are a byproduct of this country having been brainwashed on the issue of drunk driving.
Two totally different topics that are both bad, but the difference is drunk driving kills innocent people who did nothing wrong.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 07:17 PM
  #143
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
You're fooling yourself and I say this as someone who has also made mistakes.
No. I'm not.
When I got behind the wheel, I was mr. back road, go slow, turn the radio off and focus,
I wasn't reckless behind the wheel.
I was reckless in the bars and at bonfires and parties. But not behind the wheel.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 08:51 PM
  #144
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,462
vCash: 500
But your drunk lol... You can't focus nearly well enough...

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:55 PM
  #145
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
No. I'm not.
When I got behind the wheel, I was mr. back road, go slow, turn the radio off and focus,
I wasn't reckless behind the wheel.
I was reckless in the bars and at bonfires and parties. But not behind the wheel.
Bob, it's scary how similar you were during your youth to my youth. I believe you said you were in your 40's in a previous post. If I am thinking of someone else I apologize. Now I am only 24 so my youth hasn't gone anywhere but I thought exactly like you did from roughly 21 to 23. After I finished college I realized how lucky I was that I didn't get caught and I didn't kill anyone. My friends called me the designated drunk driver. It's not a nickname I liked, but a well deserved one. Anyway one of my friends got pulled over for a DUI which was the first sign that made me realize how I was pushing my luck and it was just an unnecessary risk. Obviously you lived in a time where drunk driving wasn't nearly as taboo as it is today so I have zero problems with your mindset towards drunk driving and don't judge you in any negative way. Heck what's my excuse considering the country has been cracking down on it since I was born.

Probably the biggest reason I never got caught is because Detroit police officers are lazy as ****. We always went downtown so I would just take Jefferson all the way to grosse pointe and my house was literally two blocks from Jefferson once I left Detroit.

The second reason that convinced me to stop driving drunk was this video. I actually think its pretty hilarious, but it got its point across. I never did any if those things in the video so maybe it's why I never got pulled over.


WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:12 PM
  #146
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Even then, I knew drunk driving was illegal. I knew it was MORE dangerous than driving sober.
But I can only think of one time I got behind the wheel where, when I got home, I knew I really shouldn't have done that.

I was afraid of the tickets/fines/sentences. Not about going through a stop sign or driving the wrong way on a one-way street (which I did in downtown Holland today, perfectly sober )

It's true, my reaction time wouldn't have been as good if something happened. But like I said, I was cautious as hell

Drunk driving is not a good idea. It's against the law, and for good reason.

But today's drinking generation, thanks to Lifetime movies, DARE programs in schools, etc, really blows it out of proportion.

Compared to the crew we partied with, I was the responsible one. I'd stop drinking an hour before closing. I also didn't get in the car, get rowdy and and crazy like some friends.

I remember my buddy and I were walking home one night drunk and high and one of our friends pulled up in a minivan with three other guys. They were drinking 40 ouncers right in the van. We somehow got talked into getting in... he pulled into a BMW sales lot, covered with fresh snow, and started doing donuts in the parking lot.... unbelievably, he didn't crash into one of the new cars ... craziest dude in the neighborhood.

we made a pitstop at a local store and when he went into the store, we got out of the van and ran. .... ahhhhh youth...

Crazy as it was, I wouldn't trade it for the overscheduled, every-hour-is-in-the-day-planner existence of today's kids.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:42 PM
  #147
P U L L H A R D
Picca Slice
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 23,603
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Crazy as it was, I wouldn't trade it for the overscheduled, every-hour-is-in-the-day-planner existence of today's kids.
This part I will gladly agree with.

But...

Driving drunk is my biggest regret in life. I've never felt worse than after I did it. I still feel guilty about it today. And I'm not talking about the "I've had 1 beer and just started my 2nd, but my buddy from 8 minutes away can't get a lift and won't walk over, so I will carefully drive 3 streets over to get him" kind of drunk. There was a point in my life, a few years ago, when I had a drinking problem, and would booze every chance I got. I would be driving drunk at 5 in the morning, after drinking all night long, nearly blackout drunk. I could've killed someone, or myself, incredibly easily. Those were the dumbest few decisions that I've ever made (happened 3 or 4 times). To say I feel fortunate to have gotten through those nights unscathed is an understatement, and I'm glad that I realized I had a problem before it was too late. There is no rationalizing drunk driving. 1or2 drinks with dinner, for a big guy who can handle their booze, fine. If I have a drink with a meal I am not even remotely tipsy, although I maintain a 0 tolerance standard with myself, I wouldn't be pissed if my Dad had a beer with dinner and went out. But if you're doing some legitimate drinking and decide to get in the car, you're making an awful decision.

Hopefully Riley learns from this.

__________________
Hardly Human
P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:48 PM
  #148
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,052
vCash: 500
I never worried about doing something stupid. I always thought I would get hit by another person who was also drunk. I would generally drink mostly early in the night and slow down or stop by midnight. Go the casino with my idiotic friends, watch them waste their money and drive us to my house to end the night. I feel that I was a smart drunk (I know.......oxymoron) I never felt drunk but I knew I would fail a sobriety test that involved a breathalyzer.

Anyway today the stigma of a DUI is just so insane that it ruins any hope of having a good career. Me applying to law school also made it even more ridiculous.

Seriously though the Detroit police was probably a big contributor to me never getting caught. They just don't give a **** and are way too undermanned. I did it for two years straight. At least every Friday night and occasionally on Saturdays. I rarely drank twice in one week. Cost too much and felt like giving my liver the night off. I seriously should have gotten caught just from bad luck. I never did anything that warranted being pulled over, but some cops just want to ********.

Riley should be good if he makes the NHL. He will always be able to afford a cab.


Last edited by WingedWheel1987: 11-17-2012 at 10:55 PM.
WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:18 PM
  #149
TheMoreYouKnow
Registered User
 
TheMoreYouKnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Eire
Posts: 8,184
vCash: 500
It's not about sheltered lives or mistakes. Mistakes are made. I can't deny I made mistakes and that my judgment wasn't the best at age 17-23. But then what, am I going to excuse some 18 year old gangbanger killing a convenience store clerk in a botched robbery? Am I going to excuse some college kid ****** a girl?

There's poor judgment that mostly affects yourself, which is still bad because it will indirectly affect others but something tha nobody is above, and then there's poor judgment that destroys other people's lives. Yes, Sheehan didn't do it this time but he didn't know that when he did it, he may well have. He and someone else (who doesn't even know it) simply got lucky.

I was 20 myself and it was not so long ago that I don't remember anymore what it was like. It's not like your poor judgment at that age just comes naturally, you aren't a 9 year old. At 20 you are fully aware of the risks of drunk driving, you are fully aware what can go wrong even in a petty crime. When you make a bad decision at 20 you do it in spite of knowing better, you do it because you are in pursuit of things you want and you are arrogant enough to carelessly dismiss legitimate concerns. And the thing is that where you just dismiss the concern for other people's lives *like that* because it stands in the way of a fun night out, because *you* are the really important thing here, that's where you stop being just a kid making a mistake and start being a ******** and idiot.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:38 PM
  #150
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's not about sheltered lives or mistakes. Mistakes are made. I can't deny I made mistakes and that my judgment wasn't the best at age 17-23. But then what, am I going to excuse some 18 year old gangbanger killing a convenience store clerk in a botched robbery? Am I going to excuse some college kid ****** a girl?

There's poor judgment that mostly affects yourself, which is still bad because it will indirectly affect others but something tha nobody is above, and then there's poor judgment that destroys other people's lives. Yes, Sheehan didn't do it this time but he didn't know that when he did it, he may well have. He and someone else (who doesn't even know it) simply got lucky.

I was 20 myself and it was not so long ago that I don't remember anymore what it was like. It's not like your poor judgment at that age just comes naturally, you aren't a 9 year old. At 20 you are fully aware of the risks of drunk driving, you are fully aware what can go wrong even in a petty crime. When you make a bad decision at 20 you do it in spite of knowing better, you do it because you are in pursuit of things you want and you are arrogant enough to carelessly dismiss legitimate concerns. And the thing is that where you just dismiss the concern for other people's lives *like that* because it stands in the way of a fun night out, because *you* are the really important thing here, that's where you stop being just a kid making a mistake and start being a ******** and idiot.
You start your life crawling and relying on others for food and everything. And you get taller, stronger and self-reliant... death is mostly an alien concept when your 20. That's natural.
So you pursue the things you want something that might seem dangerous to a 40-year-old doesn't seem so dangerous to you.

You simply don't understand consequences for you or others the way you do when you are older, when you've experienced more loss and begun to understand mortality.

People are judgmental. Which is fine. But I hope people consider all their own flaws first.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.