HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2012, 11:56 PM
  #601
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
No, the offense hasn't been there, but his defensive game has made up for it, that's for sure.
Drafting that high offense is what you want. Defense you pick up later in draft.

Mats86 is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 12:07 AM
  #602
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!
 
AJMHABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Drafting that high offense is what you want. Defense you pick up later in draft.
If anything, he won't go top 10. He is more likely to go 10-15, and at those spots, there arent many players better than him so he would be BPA.

AJMHABS is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 12:08 AM
  #603
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!
 
AJMHABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Duclair falling, I would like him in the 2nd round if keeps going down
That would be great actually.

AJMHABS is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 03:47 AM
  #604
Dada
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
if we pick between 20 and 25, who do you choose between:

Ryan Kujawinski
and
Hudson Fasching

Dada is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 05:53 AM
  #605
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,287
vCash: 500
Hopefully we can get at least a 15, or better

Analyzer is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 06:46 AM
  #606
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
From what I've seen I wouldn't say that...
Simple biology, at this point. My statement wasn't a reflection on the style of play.

SOLR is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 10:02 AM
  #607
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,065
vCash: 500
Can anyone give info on Lindholm ? I heard he was a dominant center but I don't know much about his weaknesses or his strengths.

Richiebottles is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 10:09 AM
  #608
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Snippin' Yank
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,276
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Can anyone give info on Lindholm ? I heard he was a dominant center but I don't know much about his weaknesses or his strengths.
Right-handed shooting center with really good offensive skills, a great hockey mind, terrific playmaking instincts and skills. Also a quality skater with decent size (6' feet tall).

Plays a very competitive and physical game.

Already has cracked the SEL with 14 points in 22 games this season.

Typically, he centers Collberg on the Swedish national team.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
11-16-2012, 11:39 AM
  #609
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Right-handed shooting center with really good offensive skills, a great hockey mind, terrific playmaking instincts and skills. Also a quality skater with decent size (6' feet tall).

Plays a very competitive and physical game.

Already has cracked the SEL with 14 points in 22 games this season.

Typically, he centers Collberg on the Swedish national team.
I'm curious how he compares to Monahan but its not like we'll have a shot at either

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 11:47 AM
  #610
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,879
vCash: 500
Nichushkin had a very good super series...there's questions but his skill set is very appealing...

He's a long term project though, he probably is best off staying in Russia for 2 more years at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I'm curious how he compares to Monahan but its not like we'll have a shot at either
Lindholm is little less NHL ready than Monahan or Barkov and a bit smaller, he doesn't have the same defensive game yet, but he's probably the most physical of the three.

Their upsides all all pretty similar actually, I'd probably take Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm in that order but it's very close, plus Lindholm already has chemistry with Collberg...

Et le But is online now  
Old
11-16-2012, 12:31 PM
  #611
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Snippin' Yank
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,276
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I'm curious how he compares to Monahan but its not like we'll have a shot at either
I wasn't aware the draft order was decided.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
11-16-2012, 01:04 PM
  #612
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Lindholm is little less NHL ready than Monahan or Barkov and a bit smaller, he doesn't have the same defensive game yet, but he's probably the most physical of the three.

Their upsides all all pretty similar actually, I'd probably take Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm in that order but it's very close, plus Lindholm already has chemistry with Collberg...
Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to know, especially the part about his defensive game. Wow I definitely want me one of those three, especially Monahan because I like his two way game and how he protects the puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I wasn't aware the draft order was decided.
Well let's just say we have poor odds going by the amount of balls we have in the lottery, the only way I see us picking this high is if there's a 40 game season and we are poor again. Maybe someone falls a la Couturier though, never know. Unless that's what you were saying by draft order?

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 01:41 PM
  #613
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to know, especially the part about his defensive game. Wow I definitely want me one of those three, especially Monahan because I like his two way game and how he protects the puck.
To be fair Lindholm is well above average defensively, especially for his age, and projects as a two way player; it's just that Monahan and Barkov are as elite as you can get in that regard. We are talking about a guy almost NHL ready vs two guys who are NHL ready.

Et le But is online now  
Old
11-16-2012, 01:46 PM
  #614
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Snippin' Yank
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,276
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Well let's just say we have poor odds going by the amount of balls we have in the lottery, the only way I see us picking this high is if there's a 40 game season and we are poor again. Maybe someone falls a la Couturier though, never know. Unless that's what you were saying by draft order?
Well you said ''no shot''. If you had said ''unlikely'' I wouldn't have said anything.

But there's a lot that can happen if there's no season. A lottery that is different compared to the 2005 one (as an example only putting in the non-playoff teams of 2011-12 in it), another stroke of lottery luck if it's similar to '05, someone highly touted falls like we have seen in recent drafts, we trade up, etc.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
11-16-2012, 02:05 PM
  #615
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,223
vCash: 500
Awards:
Besides...guys who looked unattainable in November can find themselves in a much different position come June. At this time last year people were talking about Martin Frk battling for first overall. Still way too much hockey left to be played.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 03:31 PM
  #616
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,540
vCash: 500
I really wish Valeri Nichushkin falls into our lap. He would rip it on a line with Galchenyuk. He's a fast and skilled gros bonhomme winger with a great shot. Check this out, at the U17 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS-Jh...layer_embedded

FF de Mars is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
  #617
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I really wish Valeri Nichushkin falls into our lap. He would rip it on a line with Galchenyuk. Check this out, at the world juniors : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS-Jh...layer_embedded
Inconsistent tunnel-visionner.

MXD is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 03:34 PM
  #618
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I really wish Valeri Nichushkin falls into our lap. He would rip it on a line with Galchenyuk. Check this out, at the world juniors : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS-Jh...layer_embedded
I saw him play in the WHL/Russia game yesterday and loved what I saw. He has crazy hands, he has size and he can skate like the wind. As you said, it would be awesome to have a 1-2 punch of Gally and Nichushkin.

On a side note, was it just me or Shinkaruk didn't seem very present yesterday ?!

Richiebottles is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 03:35 PM
  #619
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Inconsistent tunnel-visionner.
I just saw him on video making a great pass for a goal. But I guess you might be right in the sense that he might not have excellent or elite vision. For those who saw him play, what would you say about his vision aka IQ ?

FF de Mars is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 04:01 PM
  #620
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!
 
AJMHABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I really wish Valeri Nichushkin falls into our lap. He would rip it on a line with Galchenyuk. He's a fast and skilled gros bonhomme winger with a great shot. Check this out, at the U17 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS-Jh...layer_embedded
Nice pass...

AJMHABS is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 06:22 PM
  #621
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
I think the biggest question is do we finally draft another goalie with one of our second rounders, there could be some good ones there depending on where we end up picking. As long as we draft another highly skilled guy with our first, I'd be okay with choosing a goalie in the second.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 06:32 PM
  #622
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!
 
AJMHABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I think the biggest question is do we finally draft another goalie with one of our second rounders, there could be some good ones there depending on where we end up picking. As long as we draft another highly skilled guy with our first, I'd be okay with choosing a goalie in the second.
Spencer Martin would be a good pick in the 2nd round.

AJMHABS is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 07:09 PM
  #623
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,223
vCash: 500
Drouin with 4 assists tonight after 2 periods. The kid is on fire.

Jabba11 is online now  
Old
11-16-2012, 09:56 PM
  #624
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I just saw him on video making a great pass for a goal. But I guess you might be right in the sense that he might not have excellent or elite vision. For those who saw him play, what would you say about his vision aka IQ ?
I was uselessly harsh -- he has great tools.

But it's just that he's more of a Top-15 than a Top-5. Regardless of the "russian" factor.

MXD is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 10:02 PM
  #625
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Drouin with 4 assists tonight after 2 periods. The kid is on fire.
He is proving me wrong... and I love it. Kid has amazing hands and speed.

Richiebottles is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.