HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
He lacks Suter and Weber defending him?
That and for some reason he thinks he's Brodeur of 10 years ago.....stay in the net man!!!

Old
11-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I'll just say this, i like Reimer, met him a few times at games and functions...even met his Mom...great guy...real down to earth...great work ethic...loyal to a fault....i'd take Luongo in a heartbeat, why? He is a better goalie, and that is kind of all that matters. Hockey is a results based business and Luongo would give us better results.

I'd like to add, most people who are against Luongo are that way for mainly 2 reasons...they feel he will were down due to age and they really like Reimer. I believe we should bring in Luongo...give him 55 starts, Reimer gets 27 (full season numbers obviously). That way Luongo isn't being overworked and if reimer does bounce back we have a stellar 1-2 punch.
Excellent post. What do you believe is the Canuck's most pressing need, and could Toronto provide that in trade for Luongo? Would Toronto (Burke) give up Phaneuf?

Old
11-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Excellent post. What do you believe is the Canuck's most pressing need, and could Toronto provide that in trade for Luongo? Would Toronto (Burke) give up Phaneuf?
I just posted this in response to your post in the Nuck's board:

Phaneuf/Gunner
Liles/Gardiner
Komi/Franson? (unsigned) Holzer? (Rookie callup)

The obvious answer...no.

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-16-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: fixing bolding, quoting
Old
11-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
To be fair CHI offered Bolland + as part of a package for Luongo which is (IMO) the equivalent of Luke Schenn +++ and GMMG didn't take it, so maybe he is gun shy about trading to hated rivals
Lol I love how some Canucks fans state this as if it is a fact. Do you understand that if Bolland is traded the next best natural center on the Hawks after Toews is Marcus Krueger? Unless Kesler is coming back to the Hawks, Dave Bolland was never offered.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Alflives

Quote:
Quote:
I just posted this in response to your post in the Nuck's board:

Phaneuf/Gunner
Liles/Gardiner
Komi/Franson? (unsigned) Holzer? (Rookie callup)

The obvious answer...no.
Than these two teams are not good trading partners. It's unfortunate that Toronto will continue without a good goalie. Schenn, Franson and Phaneuf all took steps backwards as 'd' with poor goalies behind them. (Phaneuf was considered for Team Canada as a Flame, but not with the Leafs) Sadly I see the young Toronto 'd' following the same path, if a true #1 goalie does not play behind them.

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-16-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: fixing bolding, quoting
Old
11-16-2012, 11:30 AM
doorman

Quote:
If Phaneuf is going to the Nucks and lou is coming back you can bet the trade gets much bigger. Those two will not be exchanged for each other one for one, the Leafs can't and won't do that, IMO.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

[QUOTE=Alflives;55809279]
Quote:

Than these two teams are not good trading partners. It's unfortunate that Toronto will continue without a good goalie. Schenn, Franson and Phaneuf all took steps backwards as 'd' with poor goalies behind them. (Phaneuf was considered for Team Canada as a Flame, but not with the Leafs) Sadly I see the young Toronto 'd' following the same path, if a true #1 goalie does not play behind them.
I wasn't saying anything about value...you can see by our D-corps that we literally can't deal Phaneuf...right?

Old
11-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
[QUOTE=Alflives;55809279]
Quote:

If Gillis intended to acquire a top pairing defenseman from a Luongo trade he wouldn't have signed Garrison.

Top-6 RW is the more pressing concern.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Rage View Post
Lol I love how some Canucks fans state this as if it is a fact. Do you understand that if Bolland is traded the next best natural center on the Hawks after Toews is Marcus Krueger? Unless Kesler is coming back to the Hawks, Dave Bolland was never offered.

The rumour says he was offered. Period. You can not believe the rumour, that's fine. But the rumour is still the rumour. Do you understand? It is a fact that the rumour exists, nothing changes that.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Keep in mind both Derek Roy and Mike Ribeiro were moved this offseason

Could very well be that Chicago was planning on acquiring one of those guys to fill the 2C role if Bolland moved.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:54 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Reimer is a poor goalie. I remember a team 1040 broadcast before the leafs game where the guest (ferraro?) was discussing how poor his movement and fundamentals were. Everything is rigid. He said the Canucks would light him up top corner all night. Which is what happened. First four on Reimer and then the last two on the monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAFp0m_vKiE
He's played well at every level. He's a fine goalie.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:09 PM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
He's played well at every level. He's a fine goalie.
Ya I am prepared to go with Reimer if Lou is not traded here and i won't lose sleep. I believe he is better then last years numbers.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Ho Borvat

[QUOTE=Vankiller Whale;55809395]
Quote:

If Gillis intended to acquire a top pairing defenseman from a Luongo trade he wouldn't have signed Garrison.

Top-6 RW is the more pressing concern.
I feel like a third team pretty much has to be involved to make that a reality.

Or if Vancouver gets a futures package, they use that as leverage at the deadline/when teams fall out of contention.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:21 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
Ya I am prepared to go with Reimer if Lou is not traded here and i won't lose sleep. I believe he is better then last years numbers.
I laugh at people who think Reimer is a bust because of a dissapointing sophomore season following a concussion. You don't give up on young players that fast.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
I laugh at people who think Reimer is a bust because of a dissapointing sophomore season following a concussion. You don't give up on young players that fast.
I laugh at people who would rather ride the "hope" that a player maybe becomes okay instead of wanting a clear upgrade. As i said, i like Reimer, but in no way do i think he is close to Luongo.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The rumour says he was offered. Period. You can not believe the rumour, that's fine. But the rumour is still the rumour. Do you understand? It is a fact that the rumour exists, nothing changes that.
I know what a rumor is, and this one isn't even worth mentioning as it seems like utter nonsense. Should we start discussing Eklund rumors next? Or how about Samjam?

I believe such rumors should not be the basis of discussion of Luongo's value in this thread.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:34 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
I laugh at people who would rather ride the "hope" that a player maybe becomes okay instead of wanting a clear upgrade. As i said, i like Reimer, but in no way do i think he is close to Luongo.
Of course he's not in Luongo's league. Who said he is? I'm just saying he's far from a bust many think he is and has nice upside.

Besides, what does Luongo do? Help us to fight for 8th and get a worse draft pick?

Why not play your young players? The Leafs are a rebuilding team.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:36 PM
KeslerKrony
Nucks STH

Luongo/Schneider
Kesler
Kassian

for

Kovalchuk
Zajac (going to UFA)

Win the cup.

P.S. Value is a bit off, but at least I added something of value on both sides.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:38 PM
doorman

Quote:
Of course he's not in Luongo's league. Who said he is? I'm just saying he's far from a bust many think he is and has nice upside.

Besides, what does Luongo do? Help us to fight for 8th and get a worse draft pick?

There arguements to be made both ways, I see the benefits of aquiring Lou (at the right cost0 to help the kids and reimer develop. I also see allowing what we have to play and see what we have. A new coach helps and this layoff is good to help distance this team from it's fragile confidence shattering last season

Old
11-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:

And here inlies the problem, you have come to the beleaf that the bolded is more important than winning.

Just how many more top 5 picks do you feel we need to suck to get before we start concerning ourselves with actually winng some games?

Old
11-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Keep in mind both Derek Roy and Mike Ribeiro were moved this offseason

Could very well be that Chicago was planning on acquiring one of those guys to fill the 2C role if Bolland moved.
In such a case a trade for a 2C would precede Bolland being offered up. The Hawks would not trade Bolland and gamble on getting their man through a trade.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:44 PM
doorman

Quote:
And here inlies the problem, you have come to the beleaf that the bolded is more important than winning.
The problem for most fans is that the bolded has been traded away so, many times Point and case the pick that was used to take Lou ironically enough lol, people get gun shy. That being said the trades you have proposed for lou I could live with........is there a fence in this message? lol, sure feels like i am sitting on it

Old
11-16-2012, 12:51 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

I don't think there are many Leaf fans that don't want Luongo. The majority of those don't feel it's necessary to give up much for him.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
In such a case a trade for a 2C would precede Bolland being offered up. The Hawks would not trade Bolland and gamble on getting their man through a trade.
Im saying, the Hawks possibly going aftet Roy/Ribeiro could hve been what made Bolland available
(ie trading for Roy/Ribeiro was contingent on them trading Bolland for Luongo).

Old
11-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...e-off-canucks/

http://hockeytraderumors.com/categor...anucks/page/2/

http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2012/0...-luongo-talks/

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...t-dave-bolland

Closed Thread