HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

OEL to Edm

Old
11-16-2012, 10:23 AM
OiledGun

vCash: 500
OEL to Edm

I personally think OEL is one of the best young defensemen in the game and is poised to develop into an all situations number one defencemen.

My proposal is one that other Oiler fans probably won't like as it is dealing away a fan favorite but here goes:

From EDM:
Jordan Eberle
Martin Marincin

From PHO:
OEL

Is the value fair? This is my first proposal so flame away.

OiledGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:25 AM
416Leafer

Edmonton fans will complain. Because none of their 4 get moved. In any deal. For anybody. They'll want to offer Hemsky+Gagner+2nd round pick.

Phoenix fans will complain because why would you trade a potential franchise D for a potential franchise winger? D are more important than wingers.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quite frankly the only one of the big 4 I'd prefer over OEL is RNH. Possibly Yakupov, but it's still far too early to tell.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:27 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledGun View Post
I personally think OEL is one of the best young defensemen in the game and is poised to develop into an all situations number one defencemen.

My proposal is one that other Oiler fans probably won't like as it is dealing away a fan favorite but here goes:

From EDM:
Jordan Eberle
Martin Marincin

From PHO:
OEL

Is the value fair? This is my first proposal so flame away.
The value is fine because Eberle is more statistically proven. The fit is fine because Phoenix has a lot of promising D and seriously need some scoring.

It's a good proposal.

I'd still turn it down as a Phoenix fan. I'll just stick with the player I'm familiar with, you know? I'm positive OEL is a fantastic fit in Phoenix. I suspect Eberle would be, but I don't know for sure.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:27 AM
OiledGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Edmonton fans will complain. Because none of their 4 get moved. In any deal. For anybody. They'll want to offer Hemsky+Gagner+2nd round pick.

Phoenix fans will complain because why would you trade a potential franchise D for a potential franchise winger? D are more important than wingers.
Ya, I was expecting those reactions. I was trying to offer a proposal that had fair value going back for a young high potential defenseman.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:32 AM
OiledGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
The value is fine because Eberle is more statistically proven. The fit is fine because Phoenix has a lot of promising D and seriously need some scoring.

It's a good proposal.

I'd still turn it down as a Phoenix fan. I'll just stick with the player I'm familiar with, you know? I'm positive OEL is a fantastic fit in Phoenix. I suspect Eberle would be, but I don't know for sure.
That's fair enough. I'd just love to have him on the Oilers haha.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:42 AM
birddog*

This pissing contest was done not too long ago. If you search the forum you'll find the OEL to Edmonton thread.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:43 AM
OiledGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Quite frankly the only one of the big 4 I'd prefer over OEL is RNH. Possibly Yakupov, but it's still far too early to tell.
I value OEL higher than Eberle as well. Which is why I included Marincin in the proposal. Thought it made up the difference and provided more incentive for PHO to trade.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Oates2Neely

To PHX:
Gagner
Hemsky

To EDM:
Boedker
Runblad

Infuses some offense into Phoenix,, while not losing key players they rely on too heavily.

Oilers get a young mobile dman w/ potential, & perhaps jump start Boedker playing him w/ the kids.

Last edited by Oates2Neely: 11-16-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:42 AM
OiledGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
To PHX:
Gagner
Hemsky

To EDM:
Boedker
Runblad

Infuses some offense into Phoenix,, while not losing key players they rely on too heavily.

Oilers get a young mobile dman w/ potential, & perhaps jump start Boedker playing him w/ the kids.
While I like both of those players I don't know if it makes much sense for the Oilers. We need defensemen that are more established and while many don't see Gagner as a good #2 C Boedker is not really an improvement in that area.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:55 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I wouldn't know how to rank Edmontons wingers. If I tried to order Hall/Eberle/Yakupov, I'm sure I could come up with arguments for any order.

RNH is obviously essentially unmoveable specifically because he's a centre and is too important to move for a D, as they'd be creating a gigantic gaping hole down the middle without him.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:04 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Interesting hypothetical but no thank you.

Eberle is untouchable. He is our scoring leader and he just signed a long term deal.

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
While I like both of those players I don't know if it makes much sense for the Oilers. We need defensemen that are more established and while many don't see Gagner as a good #2 C Boedker is not really an improvement in that area.
Well to get dmen that are "more established", it will take more than Hemsky or Gagner

Old
11-16-2012, 12:15 PM
OiledGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukon View Post
Interesting hypothetical but no thank you.

Eberle is untouchable. He is our scoring leader and he just signed a long term deal.
I think if any were to be moved it would Eberle. Especially now when his value is hypothetically at its highest.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:17 PM
OiledGun

Quote:
Well to get dmen that are "more established", it will take more than Hemsky or Gagner
Ya. I never brought Hemsky or Gagner into the discussion.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Oates2Neely

Within the next 3 seasons, Nuge, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov will be playing top tier hockey and have the Oilers offense ready for playoff hockey.

However, I currently do not see a top-pairing dman ready to blossom simaltaneously w/ "the kids".

Question to Oil fans: IF "OEL" at his current talent level were available to be drafted at this past years draft (2012), would the Oilers still have selected Yakupov?

Old
11-16-2012, 12:22 PM
OiledGun

Quote:
Within the next 3 seasons, Nuge, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov will be playing top tier hockey and have the Oilers offense ready for playoff hockey.

However, I currently do not see a top-pairing dman ready to blossom simaltaneously w/ "the kids".

Question to Oil fans: IF "OEL" at his current talent level were available to be drafted at this past years draft (2012), would the Oilers still have selected Yakupov?
I feel OEL would definitely be chosen.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Ya. I never brought Hemsky or Gagner into the discussion.
You DID however bring up "more established dmen". Which IMO you will need to part w/ something more significant than Gagner or Hemsky.

The Oilers issue in regards to trades is this: They have 4 young talents on their team (Hall Yak Nuge Eberle).. After them there is a huge drop-off in valuable assets. Hemksy ($5m injury risk), Gagner (small center probably better suited for #3 center duties), and then a rag-tag bunch of slugs. Klefblom COULD turn into something really good, but he doesnt carry much value yet, not enough to land an impact dman in Edmonton.

There is no "mid-grade" talent to offer up in trades. I'll use my Bruins as an example, IF they were looking for an impact dman (top-4), they could offer up many intriguing players (Marchand, Peverly, Horton etc..). Edmonton lacks that mid-grade talent. Obviously most of us fans understand your reluctance to trade aways any of the 4 kids. But other than those kids, there isnt much of anything that holds enough value to land the Oilers a significant player.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:29 PM
OiledGun

Quote:
You DID however bring up "more established dmen". Which IMO you will need to part w/ something more significant than Gagner or Hemsky.

The Oilers issue in regards to trades is this: They have 4 young talents on their team (Hall Yak Nuge Eberle).. After them there is a huge drop-off in valuable assets. Hemksy ($5m injury risk), Gagner (small center probably better suited for #3 center duties), and then a rag-tag bunch of slugs. Klefblom COULD turn into something really good, but he doesnt carry much value yet, not enough to land an impact dman in Edmonton.

There is no "mid-grade" talent to offer up in trades. I'll use my Bruins as an example, IF they were looking for an impact dman (top-4), they could offer up many intriguing players (Marchand, Peverly, Horton etc..). Edmonton lacks that mid-grade talent. Obviously most of us fans understand your reluctance to trade aways any of the 4 kids. But other than those kids, there isnt much of anything that holds enough value to land the Oilers a significant player.
Hence my poposal of trading our top scorer from last season plus another asset for a high-level defenseman. I understand that teams would not trade good players for our "slugs" as you put it, so I did not attempt to do so

Old
11-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:

Stop trying to create an argument....

The guy didnt propose Gagner or Hemskey for the proven Dman, he offered Eberle+. Stop trying to put words in his mouth to create an argument.

As for the OP's trade, its very fair but I dont see the reason why PHX does this. OEL is looking like a potential Norris level Dman, no reason at all to move him and at such a young age. Yandle is who PHX should try to move and would be more likely to move.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Stop trying to create an argument....

The guy didnt propose Gagner or Hemskey for the proven Dman, he offered Eberle+. Stop trying to put words in his mouth to create an argument.

As for the OP's trade, its very fair but I dont see the reason why PHX does this. OEL is looking like a potential Norris level Dman, no reason at all to move him and at such a young age. Yandle is who PHX should try to move and would be more likely to move.
Apologies, I wasnt creating a stir.

I was just reacting to the rejection from opposing fans to the OP. I think OP was a very fair offer. However I understand the reluctance to trade OEL as he has all the makings of a stud dman. Perhaps Hall for OEL? Or Eberle for Yandle? I think this will be a telling year for Eberle, can he score 30+ goals again, or was last year an anomoly due to his much discussed high shooting% ?

Old
11-16-2012, 01:31 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

I think of the Big 4, Hall would be the best fit in Phoenix. I could see him having great chemistry with Boedker. Those two and Vermette would be a ridiculously speedy line

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:49 PM
CSimpson18

I think the value is close but Edmonton would probably have to add a piece, say another prospect or a 2nd or something. I have an Eberle jersey just like darn near every other Oiler fan but OEL is something different altogether.

That said I'm glad this hard decision is purely fantasy cuz watching Ebs play for another team would make me cry.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:50 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Solid value, but I just can't see either team parting with their respective player.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:00 PM
dss97

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Solid value, but I just can't see either team parting with their respective player.
Exactly my thoughts. I think both teams get better with this trade, but as a huge Eberle fan it would hurt to see him go.

dss97 is offline   Reply With Quote