Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 02:05 PM
aresknights

vCash: 500
Quote:
Maybe it's just me but I think the best returns for a contending team is usually more or a real good second line player or 3rd or 4th d-man.
Look back at teams that acquired a true superstar they usually fell short of an OHL Championship/Memorial Cup

Thinking back youre probably correct. More times than not. Ive got some ideas as to why that is.

They got real fortunate with Watson- (and the reasons he was a cheap grab- last year)

My thinking was they could use use a top line F. They have good role players.
And if they did add a legit 2nd or 3rd D theyd have one of the (if not the) best D corps in the O.

Still not sure what they should do but the next months stretch is tough and will let Mark know what direction he has to go. Hes earned my trust the lasst few years, rarley not getting a real good deal-buying or selling)
( 4 games against teams under .600 and 1 against a team under.500 in the next 15-as of now)

Old
11-15-2012, 02:24 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post

Thinking back youre probably correct. More times than not. Ive got some ideas as to why that is.

They got real fortunate with Watson- (and the reasons he was a cheap grab- last year)

My thinking was they could use use a top line F. They have good role players.
And if they did add a legit 2nd or 3rd D theyd have one of the (if not the) best D corps in the O.

Still not sure what they should do but the next months stretch is tough and will let Mark know what direction he has to go. Hes earned my trust the lasst few years, rarley not getting a real good deal-buying or selling)
( 4 games against teams under .600 and 1 against a team under.500 in the next 15-as of now)

Honestly, i think he pulls off a deal that would remind me of the Taveras, Del Zotto deal a few years back. Think he'll pick up Monahan and Ceci from Ottawa in exchange for a package based around Chris Tierney.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Not even close. Monahan would be the best forward on London and arguably Ceci would be their best D. If you said Harrington was better I wouldn't have an issue with that. In return you would give Ottawa a couple 4th liners and a 7th D? Aren't you a generous guy.
Agreed that we would be getting two great players, but its not accurate to say it is for a couple 4th liners and a 7th D. That is where they fit in as young kids on our team this year. These kids project to be good players if not great. The trade in Ottawa's eyes is being made for next year, not this year. And as stated, the picks would play a big role too. Starting with the two 2nd round picks we got back for that putz McCarron not reporting. Add in a few more picks and at least Ottawa has something to look forward to for the next two years.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:29 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Agreed that we would be getting two great players, but its not accurate to say it is for a couple 4th liners and a 7th D. That is where they fit in as young kids on our team this year. These kids project to be good players if not great. The trade in Ottawa's eyes is being made for next year, not this year. And as stated, the picks would play a big role too. Starting with the two 2nd round picks we got back for that putz McCarron not reporting. Add in a few more picks and at least Ottawa has something to look forward to for the next two years.
Clarification: Just because McCarron has made it known he is going to report to Western Michigan, does not mean he will not report. Jarred Tinordi had signed a letter of intent to go to school in the States before later reporting to London.

Allthough,
Part of Jarred Tinordi reporting to London had to due with his dad because his dad influenced him to play CHL. McCarron does not have that influence.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:58 PM
OSA

Quote:
At the end of the day, trading depth players off the Knights' roster will not get the job done. If Monahan and Ceci are being talked about in trade discussions, a 1st round pick from this past draft is almost certainly amongst the assets on their way back to Ottawa. So, when you're talking, for example, Niki Petti from Belleville, Jacob Middleton from Owen Sound or Damian Bourne from Mississauga, its little wonder that the Knights would need to accept Bo Horvat as part of such a big trade. I understand if London fans don't feel that involving Bo Horvat in a trade with Ottawa it worth it (I'm sure you can find fans in the other 3 cities that feel the same) but there's little doubt in my mind that that's the starting point.

Unless you'd prefer Domi

Old
11-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Well, it's just one game in, but last night against the Petes made me think there is more likely a rebuild/tradeoff in store for the 67's than a turnaround. But it's just 1 game. The Petes aren't exactly top competition (even though they played well in stretches), but they steamrolled the 67's early. Windsor seems like a good "cannon fodder" pickup for the 67's if they are going in to the rebuild. He was pretty decent, and even if he gets shelled he's probably just going to be happy to play, while it preserves Blair from getting shelled.

If it goes on like that, it probably does add up to the big guns being trade material.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:03 AM
JL17

If I'm London I look at Nic Ritchie... from the Petes.

Haven't seen enough of Jammes or Pawley to characterize them yet... projected Jammes has the potentional for top 6 even top 3.. Pawley is a top 9 guy. Liberati is working his way up the depth chart in London and has earned Dales trust. IMO he should be the QB on the Knights PP since he's the only one right now that has a clue how to do it.

Monahan and Ceci would command a big return... Not sure Herbst would be in the equation consider what London has for goalies going forward... Just he and Patterson for now.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Well, he's presumably not the type of younger player any building team is going to be looking to trade, though? But it looks like he's getting ready to blossom into a good one, for sure.
Quote:
Haven't seen enough of Jammes or Pawley to characterize them yet... projected Jammes has the potentional for top 6 even top 3.. Pawley is a top 9 guy. Liberati is working his way up the depth chart in London and has earned Dales trust. IMO he should be the QB on the Knights PP since he's the only one right now that has a clue how to do it.

Monahan and Ceci would command a big return... Not sure Herbst would be in the equation consider what London has for goalies going forward... Just he and Patterson for now.
Jammes might be of interest for the local connection too... but especially if the 67's are going to deal two at once - could be Graovac and Ceci instead of Monahan - there would be lots lots more needed for sure. Always depends on the market, but it has been such a buyer's market in the OHL in general, enough teams like to take a run it seems that there are always enough competing bids to drive the price up.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Why is he a putz?

Old
11-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Why is he a putz?
For not reporting. As a fan I just wish he would come play for my team, thats all. I do believe he is making the wrong decision for his hockey career. He has a brother that plays NCAA for Cornell so I don't think he will have the same push that Tinordi got to come play for London even after signing his letter of intent.
London is a hockey factory that produces quality players, and McCarron could be another one. I just call him a putz out of selfishness, I don't know him at all.....

Old
11-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
For not reporting. As a fan I just wish he would come play for my team, thats all. I do believe he is making the wrong decision for his hockey career. He has a brother that plays NCAA for Cornell so I don't think he will have the same push that Tinordi got to come play for London even after signing his letter of intent.
London is a hockey factory that produces quality players, and McCarron could be another one. I just call him a putz out of selfishness, I don't know him at all.....
To each their own I say. These young men make the decision they feel is best for their lives long term, today and tomorrow. To me, that should be respected irrespective what it does for your rooting interest.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:15 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:

Herbst isn't going anywhere. This guy is going to be a top goalie in this league. My suggestions for people that can go for guys like Ceci and Monahan/Graovac are:

Chris Tierney (Deal Centers around him)
Owen MacDonald
Paxton Leroux
Corey Pawley
Brett Welychka
Jacob Jammes

Note: Not all of these guys would have to go as there would be picks involved.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:00 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Herbst isn't going anywhere. This guy is going to be a top goalie in this league. My suggestions for people that can go for guys like Ceci and Monahan/Graovac are:

Chris Tierney (Deal Centers around him)
Owen MacDonald
Paxton Leroux
Corey Pawley
Brett Welychka
Jacob Jammes

Note: Not all of these guys would have to go as there would be picks involved.
I agree that Herbst is definitely not going anywhere. Tierney, plus say a Jammes and possibly one pick would maybe get you one guy. That would be the price. Problem is that Monahan has had good enough success to probably be playing in his last season in the OHL so this likely would be a one year proposition. But, I would go for it for sure as that's what it will take to make a serious run. Other options would be a Bo Horvat plus a good pick as Ottawa would be getting a proven guy back they can keep for a few years and have another top pick for the future.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:12 PM
KnightWatch

Personally, I don't believe the Hunters would ever part with Domi or Horvat, regardless of how good any 1-year rental player is.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:41 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWatch View Post
Personally, I don't believe the Hunters would ever part with Domi or Horvat, regardless of how good any 1-year rental player is.
Agreed

Old
11-16-2012, 02:16 PM
JL17

Trading Leroux... the guy is an occassional call up and is a Jr B player

I think Jammes maybe avaliable... there's just something there that is telling me he'll be dealt.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
To each their own I say. These young men make the decision they feel is best for their lives long term, today and tomorrow. To me, that should be respected irrespective what it does for your rooting interest.
It didn't matter how I responded did it, you just didn't like the fact I called him a putz. I never said I didn't respect his decision, I just don't think its the right one. (the argument is heavily in favour of those who play in the OHL compared to NCAA for success rate in the NHL). "To each their own" is correct, and I've had my say
Go Knights Go!

Old
11-16-2012, 02:32 PM
aresknights

Quote:

I think Jammes maybe avaliable... there's just something there that is telling me he'll be dealt.
Ive had the same feeling since last year for a couple different reasons.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Ive had the same feeling since last year for a couple different reasons.
I really think Jammes is going to be a solid player in this league but if it brings us what we need for this year, I say go for it.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:52 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Well said. I may wish for different decisions at times but its the kids future and they have all the info. no need for slamming the kid.
I don't think the chance of him showing up this year was that great anyway. I think the plan ( if he does show) was for next year. Wouldn't it have cost 50k for a release? I could be wrong.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Well said. I may wish for different decisions at times but its the kids future and they have all the info. no need for slamming the kid.
I don't think the chance of him showing up this year was that great anyway. I think the plan ( if he does show) was for next year. Wouldn't it have cost 50k for a release? I could be wrong.
Oh come on, nobody is 'slamming' the kid. Enough with the bleeding hearts. So sue me for wanting him in our lineup. My opinion is that he is making the wrong decision. But my opinion could be wrong, and as stated before "to each their own".
You are correct on both fronts; he wasn't expected this year (its next, and even less now that he signed his letter of intent), and yes it is 50k.

My reasoning for thinking he is not making the best decision is he is going to play 38games + playoffs for a NCAA college vs 68games + playoffs in the OHL. One might suggest that if you add the fact that the OHL experience would be with the Hunters, it would be tough to argue that based on HOCKEY alone, he is making the right decision. But who knows, maybe he wants to be a doctor or whatever you guys do for a living
But as they saying goes "to each their own".

Old
11-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Oh come on, nobody is 'slamming' the kid. Enough with the bleeding hearts. So sue me for wanting him in our lineup. My opinion is that he is making the wrong decision. But my opinion could be wrong, and as stated before "to each their own".
You are correct on both fronts; he wasn't expected this year (its next, and even less now that he signed his letter of intent), and yes it is 50k.

My reasoning for thinking he is not making the best decision is he is going to play 38games + playoffs for a NCAA college vs 68games + playoffs in the OHL. One might suggest that if you add the fact that the OHL experience would be with the Hunters, it would be tough to argue that based on HOCKEY alone, he is making the right decision. But who knows, maybe he wants to be a doctor or whatever you guys do for a living
But as they saying goes "to each their own".
Thought you had your say previously....

Old
11-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Thought you had your say previously....
Lol ok back to trade rumours!

Old
11-16-2012, 04:14 PM
aresknights

It was the comment " putz" I would not have used and ya I'd consider it a bit of a slam. You say you did t think he was coming this year anyhow but throw out the name? He may still show, so the Putz comment may be premature.
I agree I'd like to see him along with others from the past, but they prolly have a better feel, and access to more info than u or I in making their decision so who am I to say its wrong?

Old
11-16-2012, 04:41 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:

Reason I said Leroux is because he is also from around that area, that is all.

Closed Thread