HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Milwaukee Admirals @ OKC Barons, Friday 11/16 6PM MDT

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 02:29 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Milwaukee Admirals @ OKC Barons, Friday 11/16 6PM MDT

@
ADMIRALS: 6-6-0-0 VS BARONS: 6-5-1-1

Game InfoGame Day: Friday November 16th 2012
Game Time: 6:00PM MDT
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion

LineupsBARONS: TBD, My Guess At This Point
Hall #22-Nugent-Hopkins #18-Eberle #7
Paajarvi #19-Lander #16-Hartikainen #10
Tyrvainen #14-Arcobello #26-Pitlick #9
Byers #34-Vande Velde #29-Hamilton #13

Marincin #28-J. Schultz #5
Zahn #2-Teubert #33
Plante #4-Henry #39

Danis #35
Roy #31

Scratches:

Healthy: C/W House #21, D Fedun #27

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), W Green #12 (Ribs), C Martindale #17 (Knee)

Reassigned: W Abney #36 (Stockton), D Ringwald #6 (Stockton)

ADMIRALS:
TBD
Roster

Who to watch?BARONS TO WATCH: The Barons powerplay has been a thing of beauty to watch of late now that Hall has knocked off some of his rust and settled in. The Barons have scored 5 goals in their last 7 PP attempts.

ADMIRALS TO WATCH: Taylor Beck (12gp. 3-9-12) and Patrick Cehlin (10gp. 5-5-10) are the Admirals top offensive threats while Ryan Ellis continues to nurse a broken wrist.

Barons Number of the DayThe number of the day is 17. As in the 17 power play goals that the Barons atrocious penalty kill (oxymoron for this club) has given up through 13 games. That is 3 more goals surrendered than the Barons vaunted PP has scored and only 33 PP goals allowed behind last season's 76 game total of 50. It's pretty tough to win games when you are all but guaranteed a PPGA or two a game.

Quotable"Even if we’re getting hacked and whacked, that’s part of the game. I haven’t been on a team in the last four years where we’ve won anything. I feel this is the shot for me to do that. Getting beat 4-0 was almost a blessing in disguise and a wake-up call for us. It’s time to turn things around. I’m sick of losing.”-Jordan Eberle after the Barons lost the the Heat 4-0

Team Comparison
 BaronsAdmirals
Points1412
Wins66
Power Play %24.615.5
Penalty Kill %72.188.9

Team Leaders
BaronsAdmirals
GOALS: Schultz (7)Cehlin and Mueller (5)
ASSISTS:Schultz (11)Beck (9)
+/-: Schultz (+6)Valentine (+4)

Today's Videos

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 11-16-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 08:23 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Oh look, the Marlies are playing the Bulldogs on Sportsnet again.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:19 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157

Old
11-16-2012, 10:32 AM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
You mean a mediocre Toronto team gets the spotlight? Shocking!

Old
11-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Not really suprising considering Rogers owns everything even remotely related to sports in Toronto now(MLSE, TSN/CTV, Sportsnet, the score, etc)

Old
11-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Lacaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Not really suprising considering Rogers owns everything even remotely related to sports in Toronto now(MLSE, TSN/CTV, Sportsnet, the score, etc)
I'm curious do they publish viewership ratings?

Wonder how our game stacks up.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post

THE COOP!!!!

Old
11-16-2012, 11:38 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
I'm pretty sure Ringwald is in Stockton as well (not that it matters a whole lot)

Old
11-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

hahahaha What is up with random silly-faced pitching Alice Cooper??

Old
11-16-2012, 11:53 AM
jukon
#Nailedit

I thought Norfolk were the Admirals. Weird that they allow two teams in the same league with the same name. What happens when Norfolk plays Milwaukee? Do the fans cheer "Go Admirals"?

Old
11-16-2012, 12:19 PM
40oz

Quote:

Does this guy know how to party or what?!

Old
11-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

I'm having a little trouble understanding Eberle's comment.

Quote:
I haven’t been on a team in the last four years where we’ve won anything. I feel this is the shot for me to do that. Getting beat 4-0 was almost a blessing in disguise and a wake-up call for us. It’s time to turn things around. I’m sick of losing.”-Jordan Eberle after the Barons lost the the Heat 4-0
So the club gets blown away 4-0 in Abbotford, rebound a little to eke out an OT W in the second of a back to back. Then, with ample rest, get blown out at home 4-0 in the first period against a pretty ordinary marlies team and with our top wunderkid line being responsible for 2 of those GA in the first period playing against a line consisting of Jughead, Dopey, and Charlie Brown.

I call BS. The 4-0 score against the Heat apparently wasn't a wake up call because the team sleepwalked through the entire first period of their last game.

Maybe buy an alarm clock.

I do blame some avarice and arrogance. Amazing how bad you can look when you get outworked by very ordinary players with better attention to detail and responsible play.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:13 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

nice. my friend got a pic with him the other day. I guess he was in Edmonton.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I'm having a little trouble understanding Eberle's comment.

So the club gets blown away 4-0 in Abbotford, rebound a little to eke out an OT W in the second of a back to back. Then, with ample rest, get blown out at home 4-0 in the first period against a pretty ordinary marlies team and with our top wunderkid line being responsible for 2 of those GA in the first period playing against a line consisting of Jughead, Dopey, and Charlie Brown.

I call BS. The 4-0 score against the Heat apparently wasn't a wake up call because the team sleepwalked through the entire first period of their last game.

Maybe buy an alarm clock.

I do blame some avarice and arrogance. Amazing how bad you can look when you get outworked by very ordinary players with better attention to detail and responsible play.
Eberle sent a message to his teammates. His stats would suggest that,he lived up to his own affirmation. He can't force the rest of them to do it too. There's no need to cut him down or act like you don't understand his message here. I get the facetious tone but acting like him or his line mates didn't demonstrate any spark in an early morning game.

Last edited by Grod: 11-16-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I'm pretty sure Ringwald is in Stockton as well (not that it matters a whole lot)
Thanks I missed that, he isn't listed on OKC's roster so that is indeed the case.

@
ADMIRALS: 6-6-1-0 VS BARONS: 7-5-1-1

Game InfoGame Day: Saturday November 17th 2012
Game Time: 6:00PM MDT
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion

LineupsBARONS: TBD, My Guess At This Point
Hall #22-Nugent-Hopkins #18-Eberle #7
Paajarvi #19-Lander #16-Hartikainen #10
Tyrvainen #14-Arcobello #26-Pitlick #9
Byers #34-Vande Velde #29-Hamilton #13

Marincin #28-J. Schultz #5
Fedun #27-Teubert #33
Plante #4-Henry #39

Danis #35
Roy #31

Scratches:

Healthy: C/W House #21, D Zahn #2

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), W Green #12 (Ribs), C Martindale #17 (Knee)

Reassigned: W Abney #36 (Stockton), D Ringwald #6 (Stockton)

ADMIRALS:
TBD
Roster

Who to watch?BARONS TO WATCH: Justin Schultz assisted on both Barons goals on Friday bringing his AHL league leading point total to 20 in 14 games.

ADMIRALS TO WATCH: Austin Watson has a 4 game point streak (3-2-5) entering Saturdays game after scoring Milwaukee's lone goal on Friday.

Barons Number of the DayThe number of the day is 88.9. As in the Barons PK % over the last 2 games (killed 8/9 PP's against).

Quotable"Even if we’re getting hacked and whacked, that’s part of the game. I haven’t been on a team in the last four years where we’ve won anything. I feel this is the shot for me to do that. Getting beat 4-0 was almost a blessing in disguise and a wake-up call for us. It’s time to turn things around. I’m sick of losing.”-Jordan Eberle after the Barons lost the the Heat 4-0

Team Comparison
 BaronsAdmirals
Points1613
Wins76
Power Play %23.014.3
Penalty Kill %74.289.7

Team Leaders
BaronsAdmirals
GOALS: Schultz (7)Cehlin and Mueller (5)
ASSISTS:Schultz (13)Beck (9)
+/-: Schultz (+8)Watson (+4)

Today's Videos

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 11-16-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Eberle sent a message to his teammates. His stats would suggest that,he lived up to his own affirmation. He can't force the rest of them to do it too. There's no need to cut him down or act like you don't understand his message here. I get the facetious tone but acting like him or his line mates didn't demonstrate any spark in an early morning game.
You missed part of my point. After getting slamdunked 4-0 in a game a week earlier and "learning a lesson" the team goes down 4-0 in the FIRST PERIOD of a game against the Marlies. With Eberle, and the topline, on the ice getting schooled for two of the goals.

Here in Edmonton btw I've come to be an expert at detecting the typical bs lines that get thrown out. We've been hearing them for decades.

Its fine to learn a lesson, but then LEARN it.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:45 PM
canovin
Klefbom's charm

I predict 10 straight wins from here on out. The big guns with multiple points games.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:50 PM
ales83fan

Quote:
You missed part of my point. After getting slamdunked 4-0 in a game a week earlier and "learning a lesson" the team goes down 4-0 in the FIRST PERIOD of a game against the Marlies. With Eberle, and the topline, on the ice getting schooled for two of the goals.

Here in Edmonton btw I've come to be an expert at detecting the typical bs lines that get thrown out. We've been hearing them for decades.

Replacement`s right.

I am sick of hearing the same thing over and over. There is one guy on our team that is truly competitive and always wants to win - Hall. Yakupov might be made of the same cloth, but it's too early to say.

Ebs and RNH are fine, but I don't think they have the gear that Hall has. The guy is a bulldog, in the very best of ways.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:17 PM
ales83fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovin View Post
I predict 10 straight wins from here on out. The big guns with multiple points games.
I'm not so sure man. We can blame it on the goalies, or on the supporting cast. Whatever you want to blame it on.....but this should be a stacked AHL team. I will reserve judgement till end of the season, but I expect this team to contend this year and do better than last year.

If they do not, I want to know why. If it's the coach, fire him. If it's the supporting cast, try to fix it. If it's RNH, Ebs and Hall (which it won't be because so far they are the only ones scoring)......we'd be in trouble.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukon View Post
I thought Norfolk were the Admirals. Weird that they allow two teams in the same league with the same name. What happens when Norfolk plays Milwaukee? Do the fans cheer "Go Admirals"?
Well it's not as bad as the CFL. They had what 8 teams or something and two of them had the same name. At least the AHL cycled through 29 teams before hitting a repeat name.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:36 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovin View Post
I bet after this weekend Nuge, ebs and Shultz will be 1-2-3 in the league in scoring. I see a big win streak coming to. I think ebs, nuge, shultz, and hall are starting to realize they will be down there for the year and are going to really dig in and win.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Hoping the Paajarvi-Lander-Hartikainen line continues to gel and starts contributing offensively..

Old
11-16-2012, 03:47 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
Replacement`s right.

I am sick of hearing the same thing over and over. There is one guy on our team that is truly competitive and always wants to win - Hall. Yakupov might be made of the same cloth, but it's too early to say.

Ebs and RNH are fine, but I don't think they have the gear that Hall has. The guy is a bulldog, in the very best of ways.
Almost nobody has the drive of Hall. It's not exactly a knock to not be on that level

Old
11-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:

Statements don't always take effect immediately but it clearly affected the players in the end result of the game. It's not a science. I don't understand why you're so hung up on them going down 4-nil I'm the first while you've completely ignored the fact that him and his linemates were responsible for tying it. Sure it's unacceptable to give up a lead like that but its the end result that counts and they managed to scrape one point away and need to build from that.

Eberle isn't trying to pull wool over your eyes like so,e politician campaigning. He's a hard working overachiever that wants to win. Simple as that. Everyone not named to the NHL roster on that squad on their hand, needs a ****ing wake up call.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:05 PM
NMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Statements don't always take effect immediately but it clearly affected the players in the end result of the game. It's not a science. I don't understand why you're so hung up on them going down 4-nil I'm the first while you've completely ignored the fact that him and his linemates were responsible for tying it. Sure it's unacceptable to give up a lead like that but its the end result that counts and they managed to scrape one point away and need to build from that.

Eberle isn't trying to pull wool over your eyes like so,e politician campaigning. He's a hard working overachiever that wants to win. Simple as that. Everyone not named to the NHL roster on that squad on their hand, needs a ****ing wake up call.
My only question of Eberle, Nuge, and Hall is what are they doing 5 on 5? They should be dominating the games, not scoring PP points only.

Closed Thread