Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobo View Post
Another track by Herman Tilke... Great...
really...?? ....

Old
11-15-2012, 08:11 PM
tobo

vCash: 500
It's quite impressive. Tillke and his company have made the circuits of Malaysia, Bahrain, China, Turkey, Singapore, Valencia, Abu Dhabi, Korea, Austin and several other non-F1 ones. Seems like Tillke's nose is way up Bernie's and FIA's hole because such monopoly is never a healthy situation.

Last edited by tobo: 11-15-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old
11-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

lol

gee dude I don't know...maybe Tillke's simply the best at what he does and has had such success that the FIA loves what he's done and likes hiring him for his merits? If something's working out why go seek another one? I mean it's not like we're talking about burger flippers here lol...he's a premier track designer who's built top notch tracks..when the FIA looks at the resumes for the designer for their next track I'm sure it's not a long list of applicants so there you go...

Old
11-16-2012, 03:37 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobo View Post
Another track by Herman Tilke... Great...
I agree that Tilke has designed some really boring tracks, but this Austin one seems to be pretty good... of course we won't know before the race, but I have high hopes for it.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:23 AM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
gee dude I don't know...
You should have stopped right there.

First off Bernie and FOM are far more involved with new tracks than the FIA is. The FIA doesn't care about the quality of the designs as long as it meets FIA standards.

Bernie doesn't care if Tilke designs good tracks, he cares that Tilke makes him more money. They stopped going to the best track Tilke designed because it stopped making money for Bernie. It's not a conspiracy, it's common knowledge.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:16 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
You should have stopped right there.

First off Bernie and FOM are far more involved with new tracks than the FIA is. The FIA doesn't care about the quality of the designs as long as it meets FIA standards.

Bernie doesn't care if Tilke designs good tracks, he cares that Tilke makes him more money. They stopped going to the best track Tilke designed because it stopped making money for Bernie. It's not a conspiracy, it's common knowledge.
Seems to me that that is essentially exactly what I said lol... They like what the guy does regardless if what you think the reason is that it makes money or the quality of the tracks... Anyways can you please do tell how the tracks are "bad" and what are the good ones they stopped going because it wasn't making money? Turkey? Lol

Old
11-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Seems to me that that is essentially exactly what I said lol... They like what the guy does regardless if what you think the reason is that it makes money or the quality of the tracks... Anyways can you please do tell how the tracks are "bad" and what are the good ones they stopped going because it wasn't making money? Turkey? Lol
You don't seem to understand the word "merit" and the difference between the FIA and Bernie/FOM, so no that isn't "essentially exactly" what you said.

Most Tilke tracks are technically challenging but not real entertaining for racing. Istanbul Park is actually both technically challenging and an entertaining track for racing. In contrast the Korean GP track is pretty much terrible at everything, except the organizers are willing to pay Bernie's fees, so they keep going back to it.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
You don't seem to understand the word "merit" and the difference between the FIA and Bernie/FOM, so no that isn't "essentially exactly" what you said.

Most Tilke tracks are technically challenging but not real entertaining for racing. Istanbul Park is actually both technically challenging and an entertaining track for racing. In contrast the Korean GP track is pretty much terrible at everything, except the organizers are willing to pay Bernie's fees, so they keep going back to it.
And you don't seem to understand what his tracks having "success" means...wow they didn't go back to Turkey "it's all about the money" Lolsss so you give 1 example of a track that's been left and 1 that's still on but that in your opinion sucks...what about Sepang, Shanghai, Yas Marina, Singapore...I mean last race was one of the most memorable of the season get a grip seriously...keep enjoying Monaco lol

Old
11-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Apaharn

Um, I thought that the track at Austin was not designed by Tilke - all he did was oversee that the track meets the safety requirements and such things...

Old
11-16-2012, 11:58 AM
tobo

Quote:
what are the good ones they stopped going because it wasn't making money? Turkey? Lol
The organisation of the Belgian GP are negotiating a deal with Bernie until 2016. Until now, both sides have difficulties reaching an agreement because Ecclestone asks more money than Belgian politicians want to give. If a deal falls through, I'm 100 % sure Berie takes his circus to a new track in a far flung place, rather than accepting the Belgian offer and staying at the best venue in the world. I'm all for expanding the sport, but this has happened with a complete disregard for European fans. And what about Austria, Portugal or Imola? Those were all great tracks.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Apparently the NASCAR Finale is tomorrow/Sunday and the USGP people didn't check, that's going to give a bit of a hit to their viewing ratings. Belgium should be a 100% certainty for a track but the Europeans are slowly losing out to the money makers in the East and Middle East.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:12 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Many drivers are saying that the track is very slippery. Mark Webber even said that the dirtier side of the track is a joke and it might be better to start from 3rd position than the 2nd. Sunday is sold out so atmosphere should be great.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
And you don't seem to understand what his tracks having "success" means...wow they didn't go back to Turkey "it's all about the money" Lolsss so you give 1 example of a track that's been left and 1 that's still on but that in your opinion sucks...what about Sepang, Shanghai, Yas Marina, Singapore...I mean last race was one of the most memorable of the season get a grip seriously...keep enjoying Monaco lol
Monaco was one of the more entertaining races of 2011.

If it wasn't about the money then they wouldn't keep going to Bahrain. No one other than Bernie's wallet would miss that race at all. But since you know better, please tell everyone what factors other than money makes Bernie go back to Sakhir.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:39 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Excited for the race. Kamui was sliding all over the place in practice, and and unsurprisingly Sauber was the one to complain about the tires pirelli is providing for the race per planetf1 haha. Should be a fun qualifying tomorrow with the drivers pushing their cars.

Old
11-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Monaco was one of the more entertaining races of 2011.

If it wasn't about the money then they wouldn't keep going to Bahrain. No one other than Bernie's wallet would miss that race at all. But since you know better, please tell everyone what factors other than money makes Bernie go back to Sakhir.
as if Monaco isn't about money, dude everything is about money, that goes for all the tracks

So why are we even having this discussion? It's your opinion against mine as far as tracks that we enjoy. I thought the whole thing was about Tilke's competence in the first place, but you already agreed how he makes good tracks..... and now it's turned into a couple of Eurosnobs ranting about how the FIA is giving tracks outside of Europe, ohh the tragedy boooohoooo

Old
11-17-2012, 07:35 AM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Old
11-17-2012, 08:41 AM
InjuredChoker

Interesting, thanks for posting FinRuutu.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:32 AM
QnebO

http://stream.speedtv.com/mercedes

Old
11-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

wow that turn 19 is owning everyone

Old
11-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Finally a race where I don't have to wake up at a ridiculous hour.

Excited for qualifying. Will be my first look at this track.

The straight on the back half will be key. I could see the red bull cars losing some ground there.

Last edited by Everlong: 11-17-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old
11-17-2012, 11:34 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Finally a race where I don't have to wake up at a ridiculous hour.
I know 100% what you mean. NHL fan from europe... Thought I haveto stay up 4 ridiclousely late (7am at worst, 1am at best).

Old
11-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Wow Vettel and Hamilton neck and neck through Q3

Vettel - 1:35.657
Hamilton - 1:35.766

Here's the rest of the grid...

3/4 - Webber, Raikkonen
5/6 - Schumi, Massa
7/8 - Hulkenberg, Alonso
9/10 - Grosjean (-5 positions from 4th, gearbox penalty), Maldonado

Old
11-17-2012, 01:18 PM
QnebO

Amazing quali, couldn't have gone better for my boys Kimi and Seppo! #4 and #1, yay! And alonso P8, haha.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
as if Monaco isn't about money, dude everything is about money, that goes for all the tracks

So why are we even having this discussion? It's your opinion against mine as far as tracks that we enjoy. I thought the whole thing was about Tilke's competence in the first place, but you already agreed how he makes good tracks..... and now it's turned into a couple of Eurosnobs ranting about how the FIA is giving tracks outside of Europe, ohh the tragedy boooohoooo
No "Eurosnobs" are moaning about there being tracks around the world outside Europe it's just the number compared to the past seasons. Next year there are 7 European tracks compared to 11 just 10 years ago. Naturally it's not many but some great tracks have been lost to some awful ones. Personally my calendar would be this:

Australia - Melbourne
China - Shanghai
Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
Spain - Barcelona
Monaco - Monaco
America - Austin
Canada - Montreal
United Kingdom - Silverstone
Germany - Hockenheim
Turkey - Istanbul
Hungary - Budapest
--------------------------Summer Break
Belgium - Spa
Italy - Monza
San Marino - Imola
Singapore - Singapore
Korea - Yeongnam
Japan - Suzuka
Indian - Buddh
Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina
Argentina - Buenos Aires
Brazil - Sao Paulo

Old
11-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1027
Sorry, but when they get rid of great tracks in favor of crap like Shanghai, there's a good reason to be mad. If some of the newer tracks were better like Istanbul (which didn't even stay on) there'd be nothing to complain about.

Closed Thread