HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 7

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 11:51 PM
JaredCowenFan
BROOCCKK LESNAR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
If that is Eric Staal ill be sending some sort of offer but I can't get on the ps3 tip tomorrow morning.
It is, and okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Laugh all you want but just last week I saw more than a handful of Toews listed in that exact same ballpark.
Oh no, I totally understand you saying he goes for that and I believe you. It's just i've seen my fair share of Toews' go for sed amount.

All in all I wish I had a Toews, don't you!

Old
11-16-2012, 12:17 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
It is, and okay.

Oh no, I totally understand you saying he goes for that and I believe you. It's just i've seen my fair share of Toews' go for sed amount.

All in all I wish I had a Toews, don't you!
Ah, fair enough.
And yes, I would love to have him but not because of his attributes in HUT (they are very similar to Kesler's..). To me he is not worthy of the price he commands as you said.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:29 AM
xXImScore71Xx

If anyone has the pucks for him I highly recommend getting Malkin on your team. Got him a couple days ago and he has 14 points in 16 games and can snipe like no other.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:19 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

I need an Erik Johnson changed to a Ranger. Willing to trade an MDZ (Dallas) with a Captain card. Imabev on XBOX.

I have a NYR-MDZ waiting in my trade pile. I think EJ will pair well with MDZ...unless you can suggest a different 85+ RD that will give me 99% chemistry.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:48 AM
AlexBoss

I'm looking to trade a Jarome Iginla, I want to get at least 18.5k to 19k or a couple good players. Xbox

Old
11-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Actually having more fun in the Movember tournament than I was with my completed team. I was just on auto-pilot with a team full of stars. The 3.5 star team I like trying new players and actually grinding out a win.

In a tournament basically dedicated to him my SOTW Mike Brown has been a beast for me, 3rd line grinding and popping in garbage goals. Turns out Nazim Kadri, Fabrian Brunnstrom and Magnus Paajarvi are actually decent AHL players to throw in the lineup.

Begrudgingly made the decision to throw my Mike Richards up on the trade block. Was so jacked when I got him in a pack as he's my favorite NHL player but he's been borderline useless for me, have way more success with Nuge in that spot.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:27 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Actually having more fun in the Movember tournament than I was with my completed team. I was just on auto-pilot with a team full of stars. The 3.5 star team I like trying new players and actually grinding out a win.

In a tournament basically dedicated to him my SOTW Mike Brown has been a beast for me, 3rd line grinding and popping in garbage goals. Turns out Nazim Kadri, Fabrian Brunnstrom and Magnus Paajarvi are actually decent AHL players to throw in the lineup.

Begrudgingly made the decision to throw my Mike Richards up on the trade block. Was so jacked when I got him in a pack as he's my favorite NHL player but he's been borderline useless for me, have way more success with Nuge in that spot.
Paajarvi was great for me on the 3rd line back when I had nobody and Frans Neilsen was lighting it up as my number one center. He just has such a smooth stride with deceptive speed. One of my favorite nobodies that I used.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:29 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
It is, and okay.
Sent you a pm about it...

Old
11-16-2012, 10:13 AM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Interesting to see MSP getting the love. He is a fave of mine IRL (despite being an Oiler), so i may try him out

I don't get the star system....what kind of team can you put together for 3.5stars? I'm guessing mostly high-70s/low-80s guys?

Old
11-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
Interesting to see MSP getting the love. He is a fave of mine IRL (despite being an Oiler), so i may try him out

I don't get the star system....what kind of team can you put together for 3.5stars? I'm guessing mostly high-70s/low-80s guys?
You just pretty much have to have a line of CHL players and a horrible backup goalie. Maybe a 6th defenseman that's brutal. What I'm going with:

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Kane - Peverley SOTW - Hemsky
Pajaarvi - Kadri - Brown
Brunstromm - Strome - Yakupov

Bouwmeester - Doughty
J. Johnson - E. Johnson
Whitney - Some forgotten OHL guy

Brian Boucher (clutch)
Some WHL 65ish backup

Old
11-16-2012, 11:25 AM
RW8

Quote:
You just pretty much have to have a line of CHL players and a horrible backup goalie. Maybe a 6th defenseman that's brutal. What I'm going with:

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Kane - Peverley SOTW - Hemsky
Pajaarvi - Kadri - Brown
Brunstromm - Strome - Yakupov

Bouwmeester - Doughty
J. Johnson - E. Johnson
Whitney - Some forgotten OHL guy

Brian Boucher (clutch)
Some WHL 65ish backup
I'm surprised that you were able to get such a good lineup for a 3.5 star team. I took some time to put together a team and ended up with:

Raymond - SOTW Peverley - Hemsky
Nyquist - Kadri - Radulov
Beleskey - Hanzal - SOTW Brown
Pearson - Catenacci - Wilson

Gardiner - White
Schultz - Spurgeon
Souray - Hamilton

Holtby
Domingue (72 overall Q goalie)

I tried switching someone like Radulov (81 overall) to an 82 overall player and it would jump up to a 4-star team. So I figured I couldn't get any better. Either way I agree with how much fun the tourny has been and I've already played through it twice.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

The goalies and the one defenseman are what really dropped my star rating. Boucher is only an 80, and the backup can't remember his name is maybe a 65 tops. My 6th defenseman is no better.

Kind of funny we both have Hemsky rolling the wing with SOTW Peverely. They're a solid duo though.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Jesh18

Trading sotw chara on ps3 up 4 50bid with like 10hours left send trades looking 4 limeaux or sotw giroux or sotw karlson

Old
11-16-2012, 03:23 PM
RW8

Quote:
The goalies and the one defenseman are what really dropped my star rating. Boucher is only an 80, and the backup can't remember his name is maybe a 65 tops. My 6th defenseman is no better.

Kind of funny we both have Hemsky rolling the wing with SOTW Peverely. They're a solid duo though.
Yea they've been awesome for me.

Good call on the backup, I downgraded a little and I was able to add Bogosian, Demers, Fleisch, D'agostini and Paajarvi.

Old
11-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Shroomtastic71

Not sure if anyone else still has this problem, but for the first time, all my games started counting as loses, my goalie wont become unfatigued, training doesn't wear off, etc. I tried rotating my goalies, switching them in and out of the collection and whatever else I could think of but still doesn't change anything. It's been happening for at least the past 10, 15 games and playing is becoming pointless. Did EA ever come up with a fix?

Old
11-16-2012, 04:19 PM
deanerboy

NEED ON PS3!!!

Roenick for 80k,

OR

Edmonton Gretzky for LA Gretzky and 50k

Old
11-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
People are crazy.

Just sold Burns for 17k, SOTW Ehrhoff for 85k, E. Kane for 17k and Myers for 25k from my old playoff roster that I was dismantling.

That's a profit of 7k, 28k, 8k and 15k.

Once Kesler goes, I am done playing HUT and just hording the pucks and maybe playing the market every so often.

Old
11-16-2012, 04:33 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Anyone have Kopitar to trade? (xbox)

Old
11-16-2012, 04:47 PM
nogger
#wemissyoubutler

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesh18 View Post
Trading sotw chara on ps3 up 4 50bid with like 10hours left send trades looking 4 limeaux or sotw giroux or sotw karlson
smh.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:23 PM
hb11xchamps

Looking for a cheaper but solid center. Somewhere in the 5-15K range. Already have Skinner and I'm thinking of switching him to Right Wing. Already switched Carter to Left Wing and I didn't like Mike Richards. Anyone have any info on any of these guys? Most likely will be on a line with Grabner and Landeskog if that helps at all.

Krejci
Roy
B.Richards
Koivu
Backes
Stastny
Grabovski
Vermette

Old
11-16-2012, 05:37 PM
tututooter21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
People are crazy.

Just sold Burns for 17k, SOTW Ehrhoff for 85k, E. Kane for 17k and Myers for 25k from my old playoff roster that I was dismantling.

That's a profit of 7k, 28k, 8k and 15k.

Once Kesler goes, I am done playing HUT and just hording the pucks and maybe playing the market every so often.
PS3 or XBOX? If PS3 you could've gotten a helluva lot more for Myers and Burns
35k for Myers
Maybe 23k for Burns

Old
11-16-2012, 06:18 PM
JaredCowenFan
BROOCCKK LESNAR

Getting some offers! Got 1 on Staal, 1 on Simmonds and 2 on Hall. Haven't checked them(other than Staal that I am in talks with over HF PM). Hoping they're good!

Keep em' coming.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:47 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

So I guess if you want to score, just completely forget about any kind of hockey sense or smart play, just get a semi fast guy and jam the speed burst down the wing and go right around the idiotic ai defenseman who for some reason will step up at his own blue line or in his own zone, even when your strategy is all the way defensive. I got annoyed at idiots doing this to me, so I tried it, instead of playing realistically and setting plays up like I usually do (which is also impossible due to the beyond pitiful AI's positioning), and I scored 5 straight goals on 5 tries doing this, bam bam bam bam bam. This game ****ing sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomtastic71 View Post
Not sure if anyone else still has this problem, but for the first time, all my games started counting as loses, my goalie wont become unfatigued, training doesn't wear off, etc. I tried rotating my goalies, switching them in and out of the collection and whatever else I could think of but still doesn't change anything. It's been happening for at least the past 10, 15 games and playing is becoming pointless. Did EA ever come up with a fix?
There's no fix, you just have to wait it out. People tried telling me to clear my cache, send my whole roster to my collection/trade pile and back, and I tried all of them and nothing worked. After 2 days it just fixed itself randomly. Pretty annoying, but at least your contracts aren't being effected.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:18 PM
JaredCowenFan
BROOCCKK LESNAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
So I guess if you want to score, just completely forget about any kind of hockey sense or smart play, just get a semi fast guy and jam the speed burst down the wing and go right around the idiotic ai defenseman who for some reason will step up at his own blue line or in his own zone, even when your strategy is all the way defensive. I got annoyed at idiots doing this to me, so I tried it, instead of playing realistically and setting plays up like I usually do (which is also impossible due to the beyond pitiful AI's positioning), and I scored 5 straight goals on 5 tries doing this, bam bam bam bam bam. This game ****ing sucks.

There's no fix, you just have to wait it out. People tried telling me to clear my cache, send my whole roster to my collection/trade pile and back, and I tried all of them and nothing worked. After 2 days it just fixed itself randomly. Pretty annoying, but at least your contracts aren't being effected.
I was having the same problems. I was winning games and getting the pucks but they were counting as losses on my record. Happend 5 times or so. Also had the problem where the training never went away(which seams good) but the fautige didn't either.

Don't get me started on the sh***y defence...

Old
11-16-2012, 07:38 PM
deanerboy

If anyone on ps3 has sotw st. Louis, pm me immediately please

Closed Thread