HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Subway Super Series - Yakupov -6GP: 2G 2A

Old
11-16-2012, 12:26 PM
frag2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I watch those games. He doesnt do that. You wouldnt know because you arent watching the games.

Zharkov isnt even close to nhl ready.

Gtfo of here troll.
teh poster has been pumping zharkov's tires before draft so obviously he's got an agenda. add to the fact its a flyers fan spewing **** on an oilers board...

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck View Post
In KHL he is allowed to "coast" and cherry pick - a la Bure. He did not do the same thing in Sarnia.

As for Zharkov - yea - as of today he has an NHL caliber body and he is almost there defensively.

BTW - in both cases I am merely expressing my opinion. Which can only be proven or disproven in the regular season against NHL competition.
So, in a nutshell...

Quote:
Zharkov > Yakupov

Just my opinion guys but it can only be disproved once they play in the NHL.
Seems legit.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:55 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Yaks didn't have a great series. However, it just seemd like he was use to playing in the KHL. THat and he was covered all the time. He just never got any space or much going. Still his skill is tremendous. the thing that got me the most is many times he passed when he should have just kept the puck, but he was thinking ahead of every one else. He looked like a NHL ready player for sure.

He will be a stud.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I think Yaks first shift shows us how he thinks the game faster than his peers already. He got a pass behind his net without hi feet moving and still kept the puck from two fore checkers and started a break out using the boards.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:01 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
Back at the draft I said I'd rather have them draft Reilly or Dumba over Murray.. at least I still feel half right after this series.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:19 PM
pocketful
"We'll see"

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Back at the draft I said I'd rather have them draft Reilly or Dumba over Murray.. at least I still feel half right after this series.
Reilly looks legit. The Leafs did well with their pick.

pocketful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:44 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketful View Post
agreed, thats why I didnt want to pick a defenseman 1st overall, because chances are Murray would be much better than Reinhart or Reilly

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:43 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketful View Post
well, they *did* have him ranked #1 after all

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:49 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
I was really impressed with Murray, the guy is so quite but solid. Reilly looked good to, but if I had more choice of the three I would take Murray. He is the Canadian Adam Larrson.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:39 PM
soothsayer

The thing I noticed most about Rielly, watching him on T.V. and live, is that he jumps into the play way too often. I'm a firm believer that the defenseman should only jump into a play to give his team an odd man rush, but Rielly plays like my Be a Pro defenseman on NHL13. That's great when you're playing a bunch of junior hockey players who haven't developed as fast, but if he thinks he can rely on his skating to cover his offensive risks in the NHL he is going to get butchered carrying the puck as much and as deep as he does. He will have to temper his enthusiasm with the puck, no doubt about it.

soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 07:14 AM
JetsAlternate

In the series' final two games, I noticed Nail carry the puck end-to-end a few more times than usual. When he did carry the puck, he looked very good. It's exciting to see players build up speed and try to maneuver around the opponent.

Hopefully he can work on that a little bit more. We saw how skilled he was, but he didn't do enough individually to garner praise. He needs to do more on his own if the players around him aren't effective. Often, he would enter the zone and make a bad pass for the sake of distributing the puck. He needs to learn to hold on to the puck more often.

I would not suggest holding on to the puck as much as Alex Ovechkin does, but when he has no other options, he should feel comfortable showing off his creativity and flair to enter the offensive zone and create scoring chances. When the breakout was not working, he carried the puck up on his own and frequently succeeded. Hopefully he realizes he should not force passes if the intended recipient is cut off.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 11-17-2012 at 07:20 AM.
JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:15 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
In the series' final two games, I noticed Nail carry the puck end-to-end a few more times than usual. When he did carry the puck, he looked very good. It's exciting to see players build up speed and try to maneuver around the opponent.

Hopefully he can work on that a little bit more. We saw how skilled he was, but he didn't do enough individually to garner praise. He needs to do more on his own if the players around him aren't effective. Often, he would enter the zone and make a bad pass for the sake of distributing the puck. He needs to learn to hold on to the puck more often.

I would not suggest holding on to the puck as much as Alex Ovechkin does, but when he has no other options, he should feel comfortable showing off his creativity and flair to enter the offensive zone and create scoring chances. When the breakout was not working, he carried the puck up on his own and frequently succeeded. Hopefully he realizes he should not force passes if the intended recipient is cut off.
I have a different view of this. I see it as Yak working on his game and development to become a NHL player. He knows that trying to go 1 on 5 at the NHL level will not work like it did in junior. With the way he was being shadowed and tightly checked in this series he needed to play the way he did. And it was obvious that he was playing the type of game that his coach wanted, which is another good sign.

nabob is online now   Reply With Quote