HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-season Madness the 4th: and here we wait in trade-completion limbo

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 06:12 PM
NeverGoingToWin

vCash: 500
I can not wait until Zaun is gone. He did play in Miami so there could be some truth to it though.

Old
Brody
$$

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-2/Gregg-Zaun-with-Tim-Micallef-and-Andi-Petrillo.-ts-20121116-Interview.mp3

zaun says JJ doesn't want to come to Toronto.
Everyone wants to come to Toronto now, didn't you see the ShiDavidi's tweets quoting JJ's agent?

Quote:
Matt Sosnick, JJ's agent: Hes thrilled, hes really excited. He told me, I really feel like we have a good chance of winning the AL.

Old
smitty10

Great signing! What a team we're going to have! I am so pumped!!!!

Old
topched

Quote:
pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-2/Gregg-Zaun-with-Tim-Micallef-and-Andi-Petrillo.-ts-20121116-Interview.mp3

Pisses me off when people misrepresent things in posts.

To clarify for all, as pooleboy failed to do:

Zaun is worried that JJ may not be thrilled about coming to Toronto based on what his agent said on sports net.

Yes the exact same interview that we've all already heard.

Zaun is nothing but a meathead fanboy like everyone else in this thread. Difference is he had a major league career.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:13 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
That hole "need to hit in the 2 hole" stuff is BS.

Some reporter asked Colby why he thought he was on a hot streak in like early June... and he said he liked hitting in the two hole because it helped him get up early in the game and clear his head.

Really blown out of proportion... Colby has done absolutely NOTHING to warrant people thinking he's a bad teammate or clubhouse guy.

He's quiet and goes about his business, seems like the guys on the team really like him, he's just not the guy running around looking happy go lucky like JPA or super serious like Lawrie, so people don't identify
I see in Rasmus' behaviour the same thing I see in myself: he's probably a bit shy and not comfortable being a social butterfly or jokester like some others on the team (Arencibia, Lawrie). I'm the same way in real life. Until people get to know me, they often confuse my shy, quiet, reserved nature for being surly, rude or anti-social.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:

Zaun is a loud-mouth. While he can be entertaining, he says stuff without thinking. This is one of those times.

Old
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Everyone wants to come to Toronto now, didn't you see the ShiDavidi's tweets quoting JJ's agent?
Love hearing this! Absolutely great news for Toronto!

Old
11-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Felstead
Boss Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
That hole "need to hit in the 2 hole" stuff is BS.

Some reporter asked Colby why he thought he was on a hot streak in like early June... and he said he liked hitting in the two hole because it helped him get up early in the game and clear his head.

Really blown out of proportion... Colby has done absolutely NOTHING to warrant people thinking he's a bad teammate or clubhouse guy.

He's quiet and goes about his business, seems like the guys on the team really like him, he's just not the guy running around looking happy go lucky like JPA or super serious like Lawrie, so people don't identify.
Your correct, he is a quiet guy, goes about his own business and people like him in the clubhouse.

Now ask yourself this, should it matter where he hits or where he THINKS he should hit? If you ask me, you do what is best for the team. Ya he likes batting second cause he sees the action first. But just for that reasoning shouldn't make/not make you a better hitter.

And I'm a huge Colby fan FYI.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 551
Quote:
Incarcerated Bob ‏@***************
**BREAKING MLB NEWS**Source: Blue Jays close 2now inking Shaun Marcum (Deal could be completed within a week) #Yankees better start reacting

so you know it won't happen

Old
11-16-2012, 06:16 PM
NeverGoingToWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I see in Rasmus' behaviour the same thing I see in myself: he's probably a bit shy and not comfortable being a social butterfly or jokester like some others on the team (Arencibia, Lawrie). I'm the same way in real life. Until people get to know me, they often confuse my shy, quiet, reserved nature for being surly, rude or anti-social.
I hate being around other people. They annoy the hell out of me. I also feel extremely uncomfortable talking to other people. I have no idea how I would handle being in his position.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:16 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felstead View Post
Well we got Boneface for a reason. I love gose too but he needs a little more seasoning in the minors, just isn't ready yet
The depth we have now is amazing. Including Gose who I agree should be in Buffalo next season we will have 4 guys with ability to steal 40 - 50 bases. Tho clearly they wont all get the opportunity to.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:18 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felstead View Post
Your correct, he is a quiet guy, goes about his own business and people like him in the clubhouse.

Now ask yourself this, should it matter where he hits or where he THINKS he should hit? If you ask me, you do what is best for the team. Ya he likes batting second cause he sees the action first. But just for that reasoning shouldn't make/not make you a better hitter.

And I'm a huge Colby fan FYI.
No and I don't think it does matter.

He gave an honest answer to the question saying that he thought hitting second was helping him. Did he say anything about not wanting to hit anywhere but second? Did he badmouth Farrell for ever hitting him lower in the lineup?

Old
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookeyPlayer View Post
Rasmus might need to bat second, for the sake of team chemistry. I think on his previous team he and his dad had issues with the manager. I think Rasmus mentioned having his head more in the game when he bats soon.
Hillarious. Not even an option IMO. Rasmus is way to inconsistent and the jays have much better options in Cabrera, Lawrie and you could even argue Bonifacio.

If Rasmus wants to sulk he can play for someone else. I'd rather see Boneface in CF anyways.

Old
Brody
$$

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Love hearing this! Absolutely great news for Toronto!
Look at this tweet from Logan Couture

Quote:
Dear Alex Anthopoulos, you are the man. And I love you. That is all, carry on.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Felstead
Boss Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
The depth we have now is amazing. Including Gose who I agree should be in Buffalo next season we will have 4 guys with ability to steal 40 - 50 bases.
It really is incredible isn't it? All the speed that this team has, when just a few years ago when we acquired Davis and said "wow, look at all those SB's!"

Speed+power is the deadliest combo a team can have in the majors, that's why it's so hard to obtain.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
so you know it won't happen

Old
11-16-2012, 06:22 PM
oilers4cup
No More Koolade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
The depth we have now is amazing. Including Gose who I agree should be in Buffalo next season we will have 4 guys with ability to steal 40 - 50 bases. Tho clearly they wont all get the opportunity to.
And a very flexible lineup lots of guys can bat up & down the lineup

Old
11-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:

Zaun was just speculating based on his agent's comment from a couple of days ago.

He's also extremely uninformed about the trade. He's still very paranoid about the deal not going through and wondering what Selig's problem is. Obviously he doesn't know about the deal being delayed because of Reyes' physical, which speaks to how "connected" he actually is.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Look at this tweet from Logan Couture

Was talking to my Dad about all the stuff the Jays have done recently. My Mom chimes in that we wouldn't be talking about it if hockey was still going on. We both kind of just looked at her, then each other, then laughed. Leafs could be undefeated and this would still be huge news.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Considering Zaun loves talking out of his ***, we can pretty much expect the opposite to be true.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:25 PM
dangleitis91

Maybe someone's brought this up, and don't get me wrong I think the Cabrera signing is awesome and it's 2 years so reasonable regardless of what he brings us. But this is his 5th team over the last 5 seasons, San Fran didn't use him in the playoffs when they could have (obviously they didn't need him anyways) but is he an issue in the clubhouse? Has there ever been reports, i'm just genuinely curious as to way a solid player/potential all-star would be tossed around so often.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:29 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

so my question is with us adding so many guys through this last trade and our signing of Cabrera what happens to our full 40 man roster. I have a feeling AA has another deal sitting idle until the trade is complete to clear some space.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
so my question is with us adding so many guys through this last trade and our signing of Cabrera what happens to our full 40 man roster. I have a feeling AA has another deal sitting idle until the trade is complete to clear some space.
Is Jeffress on the 40man? That's probably one.

Old
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangleitis91 View Post
Maybe someone's brought this up, and don't get me wrong I think the Cabrera signing is awesome and it's 2 years so reasonable regardless of what he brings us. But this is his 5th team over the last 5 seasons, San Fran didn't use him in the playoffs when they could have (obviously they didn't need him anyways) but is he an issue in the clubhouse? Has there ever been reports, i'm just genuinely curious as to way a solid player/potential all-star would be tossed around so often.
Nope there have been no reports whether he's an issue, and I personally don't see it.

He was with the Yankees for 5 years, 7 in the organization. He was then traded to Atlanta, signed with KC, then traded to San Fran and the whole PED debacle happened.

Just look at how many teams Octavio Dotel has been with, and I guarantee he's one of the nicest guys to have in the clubhouse.

Old
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangleitis91 View Post
well last year was because he tested positive for a performance enhancing drug.

Closed Thread