HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

New Jersey proposals (mostly Tallinder)

Old
11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
hlaverty06

vCash: 500
New Jersey proposals (mostly Tallinder)

New Jersey:
Matt D'Agostini

St Louis:
Henrik Tallinder

St Louis need defensemen and Devils have a surplus on D. Its not that Tallinder isn't good its just that we have 7 D-men who play on the exact same level as him. Dags had 46 points last year and he could play 2nd/3rd line depending where Devils place Clarkson

New Jersey:
Chad LaRose

Carolina:
Peter Harrold
Blake Coleman

Harrold was impressive during the playoffs and kept Larsson out of a spot for sometime. Carolina is a bit thin on defense.

New Jersey:
Dan Cleary

Detroit:
Henrik Tallinder

Both have had injury issues but each will fit the need of the other team. Just a simple swap.

New Jersey:
Colin Greening
Condra

Ottawa:
Tallinder

Tallinder could play second pair with Phillips or Gonchar.

And revisiting something old
New Jersey:
Hemsky

Oilers:
Tallinder
Conditional pick on games played

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Zippy316

Carolina deal is pretty bad, IMO.

Harrold has no value really. He's a 7th defenseman and it's not like he helps their D that much. Tallinder+ for Jokinen may be a bit better. I'm not really interested in Cleary, either, getting older and less effective. The Tallinder to Detroit has been tried over and over again, it's quite obvious the forwards they are willing to give up don't fit our needs.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:48 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

I don't think any of the forwards you've got coming back are top 6 forwards.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Change of scenery trade:

Jeff Schultz for Henrik Tallinder.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I have to admit I don't watch too many Devils games outside of the playoffs. I'll assume by what you've said that Tallinder is a right side d-man? We could use more of those in Vancouver. Not really nuts about trading any of our top 6 players or Hansen though. Could a deal with Raymond be worked around? he's not a bad player at all, he's a top 6 forward whose become the odd man out to a lot of Vancouver fans because of Booth and the emergence of Higgins. Real fast, very responsible defensive forward, not very physical though. Can PK and PK well. Think of him like a Marchant or Schaefer type, with a bit more offensive upside.

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 04:08 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I have to admit I don't watch too many Devils games outside of the playoffs. I'll assume by what you've said that Tallinder is a right side d-man? We could use more of those in Vancouver. Not really nuts about trading any of our top 6 players or Hansen though. Could a deal with Raymond be worked around? he's not a bad player at all, he's a top 6 forward whose become the odd man out to a lot of Vancouver fans because of Booth and the emergence of Higgins. Real fast, very responsible defensive forward, not very physical though. Can PK and PK well. Think of him like a Marchant or Schaefer type, with a bit more offensive upside.
I would do a Raymond/Tallinder swap.

The D'Agostini trade looks pretty good too.

Not really interested in LaRose or Cleary.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

D'Agostini for Tallinder is good value on both sides.
I'd pull the trigger on St. Louis' end.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:

I'd hate to give up Tallinder, I think that even the Devils fanbase underestimates his importance to the franchise. Nonetheless, Raymond is a decent return. But, he's impeding UFA. Big problem

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Vatican Roulette
Detroit Fan

As a detroit fan, I'd do that.

What about an expansion, include Kindl and Tedenby?

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:46 PM
hlaverty06

Carolina I started as having Jokinen for tallinder + but didn't know the plus

Old
11-16-2012, 05:51 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Once again the Oilers want nothing to do with Tallinder and it would cost more then Tallinder to get Hemsky.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:57 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Once again the Oilers want nothing to do with Tallinder and it would cost more then Tallinder to get Hemsky.
Well we want nothing to do with Hemsky !

Old
11-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor

I would do that Detroit deal in a second and I'm one of the few believers in Cleary

Datsyuk Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
I don't think any of the forwards you've got coming back are top 6 forwards.
They are more second/third line tweeners.

Raymond and D'Agostini can both play top six minutes, the best spot for them is probably third line, but it's not like they'd be awful on the top six. A lot better than an unproven Tedenby/Butler.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:08 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
They are more second/third line tweeners.

Raymond and D'Agostini can both play top six minutes, the best spot for them is probably third line, but it's not like they'd be awful on the top six. A lot better than an unproven Tedenby/Butler.
Dagostini's #'s were mostly with 3rd liners so imagining what he could do with the likes of Elias and Henrique on his line could be a 50-60 point guy

Old
11-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Dagostini's #'s were mostly with 3rd liners so imagining what he could do with the likes of Elias and Henrique on his line could be a 50-60 point guy
Watched some of his goals, and he can shoot the puck.

Play him alongside Elias-Henrique and I'm curious to see what he could do. Should easily hit 20-20, especially with the way he shoots the puck.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:19 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
When he got 46 points 2 years ago, the majority of them were when he was playing with Backes and getting a lot of powerplay time. The other linemate was Sobotka, so there wasn't a ton of offensive talent, but you should expect 40-50 points from D'Agostini when given 2nd line minutes and some powerplay time.

He has good speed and a good shot, but is also responsible enough defensively to not be a liability. Our depth is too much for him, and he'd be better served on a team that can provide him with the ice time so he can succeed.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
When he got 46 points 2 years ago, the majority of them were when he was playing with Backes and getting a lot of powerplay time. The other linemate was Sobotka, so there wasn't a ton of offensive talent, but you should expect 40-50 points from D'Agostini when given 2nd line minutes and some powerplay time.

He has good speed and a good shot, but is also responsible enough defensively to not be a liability. Our depth is too much for him, and he'd be better served on a team that can provide him with the ice time so he can succeed.
He's a right wing right? Here he'd be playing alongside one of Henrique or Zajac and Kovalchuk or Elias. Unless he disappoints, then he will be playing alongside Josefson and Clarkson. I really like that deal, win-win for both sides.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:11 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
He's a right wing right? Here he'd be playing alongside one of Henrique or Zajac and Kovalchuk or Elias. Unless he disappoints, then he will be playing alongside Josefson and Clarkson. I really like that deal, win-win for both sides.
Yeah, he's natural side is the right, but he can play the left as well.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Yeah, he's natural side is the right, but he can play the left as well.
I watched most of his goals on NHL.com, he's a real good shooter. It seems like he would fit in well with Elias and Henrique.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
I have to admit I don't watch too many Devils games outside of the playoffs. I'll assume by what you've said that Tallinder is a right side d-man?
He can play both sides, but he usually plays the left side. The Devils had a balanced defensive corps this past season, with equal numbers of defencemen of each handedness. So for each defenceman: whichever side he shoots, that's the side he usually plays. Tallinder shoots left, plays left.

Quote:

I like the sound of that, he could be a good complementary forward for the second line. Can he play a physical game too?

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 02:36 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I like the sound of that, he could be a good complementary forward for the second line. Can he play a physical game too?
No, definitely not, but I wouldn't call him soft either.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:28 AM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

Ottawa gets robbed

Marvelous Manked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:14 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Bandwagon since 2008

The D'Agostini-Tallinder proposal makes a lot of sense. I like it for both teams.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
No, definitely not, but I wouldn't call him soft either.
He's like a complimentary scorer almost like a Rolston type, except he can actually hit the net. He probably won't get numbers like Rolston did in his best years, but certainly should get 20g 20a if he plays with the right guys.