HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is the Best All-Time Devils Goal?

Old
11-16-2012, 09:25 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
Corvo
this was the best part.

"if not corvo, then who? if not wideman, then when?"

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:05 AM
lucscaps

did someone post the clarkie toe drag goal that went top cheese in the last couple of years. that one was pretty unreal, first glimpse of clarktard the sniper

lucscaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:06 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Now someone did.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:47 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

I love this one by Elias to Sykora in 2000. Brilliant vision and passing by Patty. And the video also has a great Brodeur double save on Modano and Hull.

And here's that Gionta goal someone was asking about. Lundqvist coming out and poking away the puck, which promptly gets turned over to Gio for the goal.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Tic-Tac-Toe with goal/assist involving 3 of the top players in team history

McKay dekes

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
Was just gonna say the same thing:

Even the celebration is sick. Legendary play.

Rob Nieds work ethic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Patrik Sundstrom scored a few sick goals in the 1988 playoffs vs NYI and Washington.

So did Richer and Pepe in the 1995 playoffs.

The A-Line popped in some beauties too along with Mogilny during his time here.

Gomez vs the Rags at the Meadowlands late in the 2006 regular season vs Weekes, a GWG en route to the division title sticks out too.

Devils Dominion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
So, I remember Langs having an awesome game against the Penguins where he tied the game and then won it in OT. Nice passing play I always liked in OT...

More bonus points if you see something interesting in the stands.
This is one of the games that the Pens broadcaster claimed that we had a dead crowd.

I'm still bitter about 2009, that team had enough to go all the way IMO.
Darn Canes got in the way of that.

Devils Dominion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

It's Sutter's fault for losing to the Canes. People blame Marty, but if not for him we lose in 5 games. Sutter really dropped the ball on that. The last goal Marty let in was horrible, but that was just one sequence in a terrible series. The comments on TG's blog about how we need a butterfly goalie, and POS Scott Clemmensen should have played the series really made me laugh. He plays we lose in 5 games.

That was probably our best regular season team since 2000/2001. If that team had the allergy to scoring the teams of the two seasons prior had, then we probably don't make the playoffs with Marty out, and that's with Weekes, and Clemmensen playing more than decent. The 08/09 team had 40+ more goals than the 07/08 team.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Fayne Staley
Sather is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
It's Sutter's fault for losing to the Canes. People blame Marty, but if not for him we lose in 5 games. Sutter really dropped the ball on that. The last goal Marty let in was horrible, but that was just one sequence in a terrible series. The comments on TG's blog about how we need a butterfly goalie, and POS Scott Clemmensen should have played the series really made me laugh. He plays we lose in 5 games.

That was probably our best regular season team since 2000/2001. If that team had the allergy to scoring the teams of the two seasons prior had, then we probably don't make the playoffs with Marty out, and that's with Weekes, and Clemmensen playing more than decent. The 08/09 team had 40+ more goals than the 07/08 team.
it was utter **** how marty was blamed for that, meanwhile the line that was out there when the tying goal was score- zz pops took no blame. that started the whole sequences of events. in fact i believe it was parise who made a stupid play instead of getting the puck in deep and going for a line change that got the entire line stuck out there and trapped.

Edit: don't want to go off topic. here is another niedermayer special 5-3. from mad dog

oh and this is the brylin goal I was talking about.

Last edited by Fayne Staley: 11-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
it was utter **** how marty was blamed for that, meanwhile the line that was out there when the tying goal was score- zz pops took no blame. that started the whole sequences of events. in fact i believe it was parise who made a stupid play instead of getting the puck in deep and going for a line change that got the entire line stuck out there and trapped.

it was sutter
it was parise and zajac disappearing after the first 3 games. langs was the only one on the line who showed up throughout the series and he had knee surgery.

how marty was blamed for all that was unbelievable.
I think ZZ-Pops was pinned in their own end for about a minute before the tying goal was scored. They didn't even have Ward off for the extra attacker the whole time. It was just 5 on 5. I also remember Havelid being out there, and looking like hell on the tying goal. I'm pretty sure the tying goal was not a soft or weak goal. It was some backdoor play. It was even strength, but the sequence looked like a PP.

Then Sutter put Madden, Pandawful, and gray beard Shanny out there they iced it, and Pandawful I'm pretty sure caused the Staal goal. Why did he play them first line minutes like every other coach that came before him? That was the shortest on ice time average in both of their careers that season, but in the playoffs their leading forwards in ice time again. Pathetic.

Anyway sorry for going off topic. To celebrate some nicer moments this would have been a BIG goal if we repeated in 01. Couldn't find a shorter clip, but it's in the beginning of the video. Madden on a breakaway, and jumps a stick!

Old
11-16-2012, 07:47 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

I didn't read the latest in this thread but does anyone remember "SHANNAHAN.....ZAJAC!" call by Steve?

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Devils Mike*

Send a message via MSN to Devils Mike*
As I watch all these videos I realize that the Kovy PP goal is actually the best one the team has ever had. And what good timing for that, right?

Devils Mike* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Parise9Crosby87

http://youtu.be/2J_nc_yGKA8

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
LOL at Dipietro on that goal. Trash can Rick didn't know what to do! My buddy, and I tonight were just talking about ''Remember the days Rick Dipietro was an elite goalie like 5 years ago?'' Damn that was absurd. He's pathetic, and an absolute joke. Big pile of trash.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:27 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
That Elias to Sykora goal from 2000 might actually be one of the best looking goals in Devils history. It brought Bill Clement to climax, for crying out loud! There's also the Arnott goal from the same series that was a perfect example of the A-Line at its best. I don't remember which game it was from, sadly.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 07:28 AM
NJDevils7

The Elias behind the back pass to Arnott in 2000 is my favorite goal in Devils history.

But there is also this...

NJDevils7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 08:45 AM
lboogie42*

In my 2 years of watching hockey, the prettiest I saw was the Elias goal against the panthers in game one. Also i think it was Parise who scored a shorthanded goal against the stars on nedermeyer night

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 08:53 AM
lboogie42*

In my 2 years of watching hockey, the prettiest I saw was the Elias goal against the panthers in game one. Also i think it was Parise who scored a shorthanded goal against the stars on nedermeyer night

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
This is my favourite Elias goal from this regular season:

Great set up from Kovy.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:29 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

One of my favorites:

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Here's the one I was thinking of:

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:13 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

SO LOUD!

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:25 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Or this memorable one: "Marshall In Overtime"!

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
my all time favorite..I have no idea why. it was resulted from a Detroit defensive miscue…it wasn’t flashy..i guess it personified brylin for me. plus, how he walks right into such a ferocious man bear hug after scoring his stick goes flying…plus, that was it, our first..our cherry was flat out destroyed in 4 games. the feeling when you watch that goal goes in gives me goosebumps to this day. I guess I have some idea why I like it so much it just symbolized so much. like nieds end to end did in that same series. for me, its sarge’s goal all the way.

It's probably because this was the moment that sealed the deal. The Cup was going to belong to New Jersey and there was nothing Detroit could do to stop it. Shawn Chambers added one for good measure shortly after but this was the stamp on the Final. For me, and it's probably because it's the moment NJ arrived as a force in the NHL and our first Cup, but that first Cup has some kind of majestic feeling to it that the other two simply can't compare to, and this goal is kinda like the door being kicked in. That 95 squad made the playoffs their *****. Just dominant from start to finish.

This clip / thread also reminds me of how NJ crowds have always taken a lot of **** for not selling out and what not, but we rarely get any credit for also being able to bring it as well. You see some of these clips in this thread and there are so many instances of pumping crowds and great atmospheres. It adds so much to the goals. We can ****ing bring it. And that's easily one of the biggest things I can't stand about this damn lockout. I really felt like the fans came together this past spring and made for an amazing home game experience. So much energy. It was something I was hoping we could build from but here we are past Mid-November looking at old clips.

Last edited by Sir Fenwick Corsi: 11-18-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Sir Fenwick Corsi is online now   Reply With Quote