HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grigorenko

Old
05-17-2006, 10:27 AM
RedAce

vCash: 500
Hey Dan Galvin you wrote and asked if i had any recent games with grigs and i am sorry for taking so long to answer. Yes i got a few games from this year. I have these gmaes if your intersted in seeing his play from this year.
RHL
Serverstal vs Avangard 9/02/2005
Serverstal vs Dynamo 9/11/2005
Serverstal vs CSKA 10/17/05
Serverstal vs Avangard 11/21/05
I also have the PRE oylimpic tune up game russia vs Swiss with Grigs and i just got 2 games from the Sweden games pre world championship from about 3 weeks ago Russia vs Czech and russia vs sweden.

OK let me know if your are interested in any of these games. also in a few weeks i will have more RHL games and all the world championship games of team russia if you are interested. Ok let me know

Daniel

RedAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 11:57 AM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
Well, if you read that article that quotes Nill he makes mention of some sort of CBA mechanism where the Wings would be able to offer more money than any other team AND that Igor does want to play for the Wings.
I have read that article four times now, and I still don't get it.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 12:01 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
I think Greenstin and Grigorenko are smart enough to know that in the long run the NHL is the bigger payday. .
That depends.
Nill's quote said he doesn't blame him for taking big money in RUssia instead of $60,000 (to play in the AHL).
So obviously, the Wings don't view Grigorenko as someone ready for the NHL.
And he might never be.
If he comes over here and spends two years in the AHL ($120,000) and then plays one year in the NHL (say, $600,000) and then realizes that injuries have made an NHL career improssible, he goes back to Russia, and maybe that big offer is gone forever.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 12:10 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanCommunications
The Wings can offer more money to Igor than any other NHL team.

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 01:11 PM
doublejack

Quote:
That depends.
Nill's quote said he doesn't blame him for taking big money in RUssia instead of $60,000 (to play in the AHL).
So obviously, the Wings don't view Grigorenko as someone ready for the NHL.
And he might never be.
If he comes over here and spends two years in the AHL ($120,000) and then plays one year in the NHL (say, $600,000) and then realizes that injuries have made an NHL career improssible, he goes back to Russia, and maybe that big offer is gone forever.
Well, either Grigs is the real deal and he'll get millions to play in the NHL, or he's not and thus isn't worth signing anyway.

I still don't see where the situation is playing out in a disadvantageous way from the Wings perspective. Nill et all have another year to reach a conclusion about Igor's NHL potential. I think they were right to not force bringing him over (by overpaying) and I'm sure they'll make the right call next summer.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Captain

Quote:
Well, pre accident, he had 19 goals and 11 assists.
I believe he had two goals and an assist with Datsyuk in the world championships.
In the WJCs (where he was MVP, or something,) he had six goals and four assists in six games.
He was called a power forward by Scotty Bowman on HNIC.

Sure does seem like he was a finisher to me.

THis year he had 13 goals and 21 assists.

Solid numbers, but that puts him the same catagory as Datsuyk... play maker.

Too bad he didn't sign. Building the team around Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Grigs if he live up to his potential would have been great.

I don't think we'll ever see him play for the wings.

Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Captain

Quote:
Salary for roolies drafted before the new CBA is the old maximum salary for their draft year minus the 24 percent rollback.

Old
05-18-2006, 01:58 PM
octopi

Speaking of Grigs, he looked good in the game today.Not dominating, but definatly noticable.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Captain

For those that didn't see the article. Holland says Grig's skating needs more work.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...605220383/1053

Quote:
While at the tournament, Holland also got a chance to watch long-touted prospect Igor Grigorenko, the team's second round (62nd overall) selection from the 2001 NHL draft. "He's got good puck sense, drives to the net, but his skating needs improvement," Holland said. "He's getting better, and another year in the Russian League will be beneficial for him."

The Wings don't expect to have Grigorenko, 22, next season because he's accepted a lucrative one-year offer from Lada Togliatti of the Russian Super League. The Wings have until next summer to sign him before he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Old
05-22-2006, 05:30 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Leg is still holding him back? Does anyone know how his skating was prior to the accident? Was it needing work? Or was he considered solid?

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote