HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ronco brings you the Stars blue lite special

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Ronco brings you the Stars blue lite special

Virtually anyone available although Lehtinen and Morrow not on sale..yet. Zubie yours for the asking. Modano Make an offer. Defensive d-man aplenty in Klemm, Matty, Sweeney. Non- scoring wingers like Young, Dimaio. Failed prospects like Kapanen, Ott, Miettinen. No reasonable offer refused. Call by midnight tonite and get your free generic 4th liner (Sloan, Gainey, Valicevic, Tjarnqvist) at no additional charge.

Old
12-07-2003, 05:44 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Um, I'll take that failed prospect, Niko Kapanen.

Old
12-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Um, I'll take that failed prospect, Niko Kapanen.
Uh, so will I.

Old
12-07-2003, 06:16 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
What would the Stars want from the Rangers for Matvichuk?

12-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Angered Hab

Send a message via AIM to Angered Hab Send a message via Yahoo to Angered Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
What would the Stars want from the Rangers for Matvichuk?
How about Eric Lindros and Brian Leetch? We will even throw in Pierre Turgeon just for you.

HaB

Old
12-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Frolov

If I buy Matvichuk would you throw in Barnes?

Old
12-07-2003, 07:01 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I'd love to see Boucher in a Habs uniform (even though he's injured right now). IMO he'd be an upgrade over Rivet and Quintal and could become a good veteran presence to help Ron Hainsey develop properly at the NHL level. I wonder what the Stars would want for him.

Old
12-07-2003, 07:21 PM
Michalek

Ott would fit nicely in CGY
What would be asking price for him?

Old
12-07-2003, 07:26 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I'm just going to take a wild guess and assume that Daley is unavailable as well?

Old
12-07-2003, 07:34 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angered Hab
How about Eric Lindros and Brian Leetch? We will even throw in Pierre Turgeon just for you.

HaB

Glad you are so easily amused.

Old
12-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Coffey77

Proposal:

3rd rounder for Pierre Turgeon

Not offering much, only a salary dump for Dallas. But hey, Pierre never fit in with Dallas anyway. In Detroit he'd be the number one or 2 center. Also, Turgeon was on waivers so Dallas was prepared to get nothing for him anyway.

I'd like to make an offer for Modano but he'd cost way too much.

Old
12-08-2003, 07:28 AM
Hecht

is Arnott available?

Old
12-08-2003, 07:59 AM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I'm just going to take a wild guess and assume that Daley is unavailable as well?
As a Stars fan..I would have to say Daley is pretty much close to untouchable as we have. He is really the only puck-moving d-man prospect we havem and with zubov kind of getting up there in age, he has to stay. Also, the kid can flat out fly.

Old
12-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Fantasywonder

You are clearly frustrated by the Stars play, rightfully so I must add, but try to maintain yourself from falling off the wagon and give up all hope. Stating these things like how Kapanen, Miettinen and Ott are failed prospects makes your entire credibility dissapear and is the first sign one shows before jumping off the bandwagon.

If the Stars were to put everyone on the block, they would take it easy and try to gather as much out of their players as possible by inquiering carefully leaguewide, they have no rush, they could sit back and even make the playoffs and if not, they could supply a ton of teams with that final piece in order to make a succesful Stanley Cup run.

They would keep the following, disregarding what their value could bring in return:

1/10: 9th Round pick.
2/10: Late round pick, 5th/8th. Castoff prospect.
3/10: Late bloomers that still have trouble breaking through (Williams, Malhotra, Sim)
4/10: Bottem 6 forward/Last pairing defenseman/4th round pick/average prospect
5/10: Decent prospect, 3rd round pick.
6/10: Above average prospect. Top 9 forward/top 5 defenseman, 2nd round pick.
7/10: Top 6 forward/top 4 defenseman. first round pick, good prospect.
8/10: Bluechip prospect, top line forward, top 3 defenseman.
9/10: Franchise prospect, star player, multiple first round picks.
10/10: Forget it, player holds too much value for his own team, you don't have what it takes.

No brainers:

1a - Mike Modano. Anyone that says he's available is no true Stars fan. Mike is the Stars and a somewhat average start (Mo starts awful all the time, while this is easily his worst start ever, it's certainly not all that earthshocking), it's no reason to even think of trading him, ever. He's locked up through 2005 and has comitted retireing as one.

Trade value: 8/10 (N/A)

1b - Jere Lehtinen. Whether he's better then Mike is not the point, Jere is easily among the most untouchable players in the NHL. Most complete forward who's more consistant than anyone. Knows no flaws and with him being signed through 2007 for a measily amount of 2.5 million dollars, you bet your ass their MVP is staying.

Trade value: 10/10 (N/A)

Grade II Untouchable's, mostly due to their age, salary and teamvalue:

1 - Brendan Morrow. Easily their best forward so far. He's an excellent two-way forward that's your ultimate bang and crash type. Works hard night in night out, fights, scraps, and scores, future Captain of the Dallas Stars.

Trade value: 8/10

2 - Marty Turco. Don't judge him on his current stats, as every personall statistic regarding the Stars is grossly inflated by the Stars overall struggle's. He's a money goaltender and can be league's best like he has proven. Only 27 or 28 and with Bacashihua a year or two away, Turco won't go unless someone actually outperforms him from within the organisation.

3 - Niko Kapanen/Antti Miettinen/Steve Ott/Trevor Daley/John Erskine. Young talents who all have a promesing upside. The Stars will not trade either of them unless the Season takes a sudden turn where the Stars would maybe trade one of them for more instant help (See Barnes deal).

Trade value: 8/10 (young, nothing proven, but are cheap and full with upside)

The Core players that I wouldn't deal:

1 - Philippe Boucher/Sergei Zubov. The Stars two 2 defensemen, making a combined 8 mill. Forget it, the Stars won't trade their best and most consistant defensemen disregarding the return as their marketvalue isn't all that much compared with their teamvalue judging on the recent rash of injuries and injury history in general Boucher has had. Zubov's age (33) and contract ($6) wouldn't get them a Jason Spezza either.

Trade value: Boucher: 7/10, Zubov: 5/10

2 - Richard Matvichuk. Slowly returning like his usual self, after playing the entire 2003 season through some serious injuries. World class shutdown defenseman that's a pain in the ass to play against. Their back up Captain also has a NTC and with him returning to a #3, can't see them trade every member of their golden 4 defense that won the Cup in '99.

Trade value: 5/10

3 - Rob DiMaio. Why trade him, period? He makes less then 8k and has been their best forward in a lot of games. Supurb grinder that excels on the PK, very feisty and among the toughest pound for pound fighters in the NHL, a fan favorite.

Available ones:

- Jason Arnott. Played supurb so far, but his complete package also forms a very interesting and attractive package of value. He could get the Stars some serious talent in return. But at 28 years of age and not overpaid, the Stars might be wiser keeping him.

- Bill Guerin. True powerforward who at 33 and 8.5 mill a season holds a whole lot less value then what he brings to a team. If he waives his NTC, and with the Stars paying some of his contract, he, like Jason, could demand a very promessing package in return.

Trade value: 8/10 with salary paid, 4/10 without it.

- Pierre Turgeon. In the games I've seen, he looked a whole lot better then hes getting credit for. Still, he doesn't get the proper time and chances he deserves and a change of scenery should be his best christmas wish. Waive your NTC, pay 20% of his contract, and his actual value might suprise some people. Pierre is still very much capable of putting together a ppg season as long as he gets used like he should and not center one's checking line with grinders, seeing no PP time like in Dallas.

Trade value: 4/10 with salary paid, 2/10 without it

- Scott Young. Solid two-way winger who should be a lock for 20 goals and 40 points. Could be the perfect 2ndary scoring help for a lot of teams, but again, he has a NTC and I don't think you should trade him 3 days after a familiy member of his passed away.

Trade value: 4/10 with salary paid, 2/10 without it.

- Stu Barnes. Unfortunately, Stu Barnes likely won't raise a Cup with Dallas either. Seen as a final piece of the puzzle last season, Barnes, even though he's been amazing, holds a low value for his current team. I view him as a top 6 forward that is the most all-round forward in the NHL. Not overpaid and signed through 2005.

Trade value: 6/10

- Teppo Numminen. A pending UFA who's nearing 36 years of age making above 4.5 million. He simply holds little value disregarding his play..

Trade value: 3/10

- Ron Tugnutt. Backup, great guy off the ice but not reliable once on it. Too inconsistant and even though he's been a huge reason for Turco's personall succes set last season, with bluechipper Bacashihua coming up, and with emerging talent Stephan, decent prospects in Ellis and Smith, he pretty much is already expandable. He makes near 2.5 mill.

Trade value: 2/10

- Jon Klemm. Solid veteran, #4 defenseman. Slightly overpaid perhaps but he won't dissapoint.

Trade value: 4/10

Old
12-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Malefic74

Great post.

Turgeon to Montreal for Rivet and a pick.

Old
12-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Grift69

Send a message via AIM to Grift69 Send a message via MSN to Grift69
I would absolutely love to see someone like Arnott on detroit although I doubt that would ever happen. Ken Holland doesnt deal for players with balls.

Old
12-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Crossbar

I'm just curious to see what responses I get not nesessarily proposing or offering but since the rules are you need to write proposal when discussing trades I shall ...

Proposal:

Fla: Brenden Morrow

Dal: Kristian Huselius

Both are LW's, near the same age (Morrow=24/Huselius=25), and their production is about the same. They play completely different styles (Morrow=2-way grit/Huselius=pure offense), not sure about salaries but should be around the same. Thoughts? Does it sound equal for both sides??

Old
12-08-2003, 02:38 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
I wouldn't. I like Morrow a lot more than Huselius.

Old
12-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Chayos

How about George Laraque for John ERkine?

Old
12-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Fantasywonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
How about George Laraque for John ERkine?
The Stars need Erskine a lot more then another right winger. And Laraque is not an upgrade over Bill Guerin, Jere Lehtinen, Scott Young or Rob DiMaio. That, and toughness is not an issue with Aaron Downey maintaining himself just perfectly. Erskine on the other hand, is making himself well known and is on the rise as a legit heavyweight. We need him on D a lot more then Laraque as a healthy scratch every now and then.

Closed Thread