HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky has his value gone up?

Old
11-16-2012, 08:37 AM
supert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
If anybody was questioning the sanity of the poster, I'd like to point out that just before the OP made this thread, he said it would take Brendan Smith and a 1st round pick for Detroit to get Hemsky.

Yeah...
Really , Please do not judge all Oiler fans by this . Maybe and i do say maybe Hemsky can get us a late first RD pick if he stays healthy for a year in the NHL and puts up some points . Until then no fan of other teams are going to pay much for him ,let a lone a GM who job would be on the line if he traded too much for Hemsky .
A trade right now would be a bag of broken hockeys sticks for a broken Hemsky . I know some has said he been health for 60 plus games last year ........ I say true but his point production tells me he was still a broken Hemsky..... Sign most Oiler fans with a clue

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:19 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
For all those guys saying that Hemsky has no value you don't know anything about hockey; he is a legit top 6 winger and has played 21 straight games. He would help any team in the top 6 position. A team like NAS, PHX, NYI, and TO just to name a few would improve their team.

Woah I didnt realize he played 21 straight games....In that case The Habs will offer a 2nd round pick instead of a 3rd rounder....Oh and you have to take Kaberle as a cap dump.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:20 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

I think at this point he'd probably be worth a box or two of twinkies.

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:03 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
I think at this point he'd probably be worth a box or two of twinkies.
If they are going to make this deal they better hurry up because the are stopping making twinkies.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:48 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
If they are going to make this deal they better hurry up because the are stopping making twinkies.
That's the joke..

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Cody Almond's value has surely gone up as well - he's got 18 points in 20 games in Geneva and is +6. Fo sho!!!

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:36 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Cody Almond's value has surely gone up as well - he's got 18 points in 20 games in Geneva and is +6. Fo sho!!!
Does he have a long history of injuries and he's now finally been able to play 100 games in a row without getting hurt?

Oh... okay...

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:49 PM
SDig14

Hemsky is worth more to the Oilers than any other team because we know how good he can be when he is on his game and healthy and there are too many risks for another team trading for him to pay for the potential that he gets it back together.

His value is low, I would rather just hope he can stay healthy. If he can, he will provide great secondary offense for this team.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 05:46 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Hemsky is worth more to the Oilers than any other team because we know how good he can be when he is on his game and healthy and there are too many risks for another team trading for him to pay for the potential that he gets it back together.

His value is low, I would rather just hope he can stay healthy. If he can, he will provide great secondary offense for this team.
This is pretty much it he;s worth way more to the Oilers then any team would be willing t give up. The Oilers will not ever get a player equal in value to a healthy Hemsky. He will add more to the Oilers then any return then can get if he can stay healthy.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Maybe he should stay where he's at since there's less likely a chance of injury making him worth more, and prolonging his career.

If I were him, I'd think for a long couple minutes on that.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 12:07 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post

Hemsky was in trade rumors, leading up to the 2012 trade deadline.
I read that the Oilers were looking for a strong return.

I'm gonna guess, that other teams were unwilling to meet their trade demands and that's why they kept him, gave him that short term extension.

I doubt racking up pts in a less physical league, really changes Hemsky's trade value.
Let's wait until the NHL starts up again and see Hemsky go several injury free and productive months.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:31 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Maybe he should stay where he's at since there's less likely a chance of injury making him worth more, and prolonging his career.

If I were him, I'd think for a long couple minutes on that.
It has been taking me more than a long couple minutes trying to figure out what the hell you just said.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
It has been taking me more than a long couple minutes trying to figure out what the hell you just said.
Where is he playing right now?

Got it from there?

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for him, too injury prone and question marks.

He has averaged what?... 41 games or less over the last 5 years.

No way his value has gone up.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:37 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for him, too injury prone and question marks.

He has averaged what?... 41 games or less over the last 5 years.

No way his value has gone up.
You have to realize that is pretty much priced into his value already though.

At the end of last year, he was already seen as injury prone and lacking confidence. I think the OP was to determine whether the fact he has been injury free for a bit and playing well overseas affected his value.

IMO, slightly higher, still very low compared to what it should be when he is on his game. The Oilers are better off simply keeping him and hoping for the best.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Really , Please do not judge all Oiler fans by this . Maybe and i do say maybe Hemsky can get us a late first RD pick if he stays healthy for a year in the NHL and puts up some points . Until then no fan of other teams are going to pay much for him ,let a lone a GM who job would be on the line if he traded too much for Hemsky .
A trade right now would be a bag of broken hockeys sticks for a broken Hemsky . I know some has said he been health for 60 plus games last year ........ I say true but his point production tells me he was still a broken Hemsky..... Sign most Oiler fans with a clue
Hah, don't worry I know most of you guys have your head on straight, but when I saw Smith + First for Hemsky I nearly lost it.

That's aside from the fact that I don't really understand why Smith is targeted by some Oilers fans anyways. They already have Schultz and Klefbom, not sure why they need another elite-potential offensive defender.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:54 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Hah, don't worry I know most of you guys have your head on straight, but when I saw Smith + First for Hemsky I nearly lost it.

That's aside from the fact that I don't really understand why Smith is targeted by some Oilers fans anyways. They already have Schultz and Klefbom, not sure why they need another elite-potential offensive defender.
We don't , but some fan think of stats only . look no farther then Gagner . Fan alway say he a 50 center man . First he a 45 point on average center man that does not bring much else to the table , but if we ,fan with a clue say we need an up grade for our second line center they throw a fit and quote stats .
What we need is better 3rd and 4th liners an upgrade at center and a big tough stay at home D man . I still unsure about our goaltending . I guess we will see once hockey gets back

Old
11-20-2012, 07:58 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Hemsky was in trade rumors, leading up to the 2012 trade deadline.
I read that the Oilers were looking for a strong return.

I'm gonna guess, that other teams were unwilling to meet their trade demands and that's why they kept him, gave him that short term extension.

I doubt racking up pts in a less physical league, really changes Hemsky's trade value.
Let's wait until the NHL starts up again and see Hemsky go several injury free and productive months.
They only thing that playing over there does is gets Hemsky more time to heal up and maybe gets him back in game shape . After missing almost 2 years god knows he needs it

Old
11-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
We don't , but some fan think of stats only . look no farther then Gagner . Fan alway say he a 50 center man . First he a 45 point on average center man that does not bring much else to the table , but if we ,fan with a clue say we need an up grade for our second line center they throw a fit and quote stats .
What we need is better 3rd and 4th liners an upgrade at center and a big tough stay at home D man . I still unsure about our goaltending . I guess we will see once hockey gets back
Realistically I just don't see Edmonton and Detroit as good trade partners at all. Both have the same need. You did mention that Edmonton's goaltending is shady, so technically Mrazek could be at play (Though he's still far out and no guarantee) but I don't see Holland letting him go.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote