HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What to do with Tatar?

Old
11-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Howard35

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Tatar has been playing well in all situations, and his scoring pace has been consistently comparable to Jordan Eberle so far this season. Small sample size and all, but Tatar on the Wings isn't so much of a stretch this year.
You're still not getting my point. The point is, you're not playing a kid that talented 4-7 minutes a night. Its useless. Never did I once say any about his skill-set and what he can and cannot do.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:48 PM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Nope. There's still Miller and Mursak waiting their turn before Tatar. So there's no need to bring him up to sit in the pressbox. We "need" 2 injuries more to make a spot for him.
Of the 17 Wings forwards (including waiver-exempt Tatar, Nyquist, and Brunner) the following situation exists currently:

Emmerton injured. Filppula injured. Eaves injured.

That's down to 14 forwards if those three are on LTIR.

Bertuzzi/Datsyuk/Franzen
Cleary/Zetterberg/Brunner
Tatar/Nyquist/Samuelsson
Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Miller/Mursak

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 04:09 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
Of the 17 Wings forwards (including waiver-exempt Tatar, Nyquist, and Brunner) the following situation exists currently:

Bertuzzi/Datsyuk/Franzen
Tatar/Nyquist/Samuelsson
Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Miller/Mursak
Nyquist at C? I think management is going with Helm as third line C.

Isn't Emmerton coming back soon? Mursak needs to get a spot there, I think we lose him if we don't give him a chance. So let him play instead, see if he has it. Enter Tatar next year.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 04:57 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:

Bertuzzi/Datsyuk/Franzen
Tatar/Nyquist/Samuelsson
Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Miller/Mursak
The injuries are interesting right now. My opinion is they would not carry the full roster in this event. They would probably keep Tatar down for the start and call him up only when he was going to be in the lineup. Miller, Mursak, Tootoo and Brunner will cycle. I know we think he belongs in the lineup from day 1 but Miller and Mursak would have to fumble the opportunity.

Also jut so we are clear Darren Helm is the third line center. Babcock says it, Holland says it, I think even Piet Van Zant would defend that pretty strong. Of course missing in all the players injured is Helm is out through December like Emmerton if I remember his injury timeline right. But we can stop figuring out ways to drop him to the fourth line. They don't see him that way no matter how many people around here wish for that. All we can hope is his scoring improves or he clicks with some new linemates.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:

Bertuzzi/Datsyuk/Franzen
Tatar/Nyquist/Samuelsson
Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Miller/Mursak
Nyquist is 100% winger

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:28 PM
FissionFire

Quote:

Bertuzzi/Datsyuk/Franzen
Tatar/Nyquist/Samuelsson
Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Miller/Mursak
Didn't Helm take a puck to the eye or something too at a practice here? Fractured cheekbone or something? No telling if he'll be ready when and if a season starts either.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Henkka

Quote:

Bertuzzi/Datsyuk/Franzen
Tatar/Nyquist/Samuelsson
Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Miller/Mursak
Those injuries will only put Miller and Mursak in the lineup and it's still better to keep Tatar getting his 20 minutes at Grand Rapids.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:32 PM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Nyquist is 100% winger
He was a center when he was drafted.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:51 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
He was a center when he was drafted.
He played both center and wing before he was drafted. Aside from a couple random games at Maine, he never played center after he was drafted. Safe to say, he's pretty unlikely to play center as a pro.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:11 PM
joe89

In the case of a season start with Fil out, I'd say why not. He's earning it, just a matter of bodies.

Tatar-Datsyuk-Nyquist
Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Cleary-Helm-Samuelsson
Bertuzzi-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Give it a go.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 04:58 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:

Bertuzzi/Datsyuk/Franzen
Tatar/Nyquist/Samuelsson
Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Miller/Mursak
bertuzzi in top 6?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Henkka

AHL article about him.

http://theahl.com/tatar-relishes-rol...teran--p181128

Old
01-03-2013, 04:12 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
I liked (mostly) what I'm reading there. He's really upped he's play this year, I think it was Friedman article where he asked scouts who have impressed them the most and Tatar's name popped up with few others along with Nyquist.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:05 AM
babcockscowl

babcockscowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:10 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Trade him for McBain, it is becoming clear he won't get his shot here. Now a lot of this would be waiting for Brunner to pan out. But seriously if they really don't plan on giving him much of a chance, he should be a piece put out at the deadline. Tatar deserves a chance to play in the league at this point and he still has value.

For the record a huge fan and he has fixed the weaknesses in his game that made him a top 6 or bust player. He could easily slot in on the third line with Helm if injuries get it to that stage this year. A very useful top 9 player if they ever get around to wanting to see it in the front office or coaching staff. I don't think Babcock is pushing real hard for him either before all the anti-Holland crowd shows up on this.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Iowa Wingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Trade him for McBain, it is becoming clear he won't get his shot here. Now a lot of this would be waiting for Brunner to pan out. But seriously if they really don't plan on giving him much of a chance, he should be a piece put out at the deadline. Tatar deserves a chance to play in the league at this point and he still has value.

For the record a huge fan and he has fixed the weaknesses in his game that made him a top 6 or bust player. He could easily slot in on the third line with Helm if injuries get it to that stage this year. A very useful top 9 player if they ever get around to wanting to see it in the front office or coaching staff. I don't think Babcock is pushing real hard for him either before all the anti-Holland crowd shows up on this.
There has to be a team out there that would want some of the Red Wings seemingly endless supply of bottom six forwards. Wouldn't it make sense to trade someone that we know what they bring to the table? It would be a shame to give up on Tatar without giving him a chance.

Iowa Wingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:56 AM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:

I'm fine with him in GR this year, but if he doesn't make the team next year, something in management needs to change. Next year is the perfect opportunity for a youth movement while, at the same time, improving the team.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:05 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:

Patience, grasshopper; wait until this half-season is over and see what happens during the off-season. Tatar is a legit top-6/9 NHL forward, and depending on who leaves and if Brunner pans out, he could easily be in the mix along with Nyquist for 2013/14 (assuming there are no injury call-ups this year).

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:07 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
I'm fine with him in GR this year, but if he doesn't make the team next year, something in management needs to change. Next year is the perfect opportunity for a youth movement while, at the same time, improving the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Patience, grasshopper; wait until this half-season is over and see what happens during the off-season. Tatar is a legit top-6/9 NHL forward, and depending on who leaves and if Brunner pans out, he could easily be in the mix along with Nyquist for 2013/14 (assuming there are no injury call-ups this year).
That is fine assuming he doesn't go wheels up and to the KHL out of anger this off-season. Then we are stuck with nothing, I still worry about that option with him.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Henkka

Quote:
I think Miller and Cleary will be let walk at next summer. That makes room for Tatar.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Falkrik

Quote:
I think Miller and Cleary will be let walk at next summer. That makes room for Tatar.
I sure hope so! I really want to see our young guys start comin' in.

Falkrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:25 PM
ford42

these guys are not idots, they know what to do. Just shut up and watch.

ford42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Iowa Wingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford42 View Post
I thought this was a message board where fans can talk about hockey. I must be lost.

Iowa Wingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:49 PM
The Yzerman
1983 - 4th Overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford42 View Post
Mike Babcock's got an HF account?

The Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
this is actually the perfect year for a youth movement and mgmt has again failed to recognize that

a shortened season with less hype and almost equal across the board expectations around the league coupled with so many games packed so close together bleeds itself for youth and speed over age.

this is the year to throw nyquist, tatar and smith into full time top minutes and see what we got with them, if nothing, who cares if we finish 9th or 10th in the west and end up with a top pick in a very good draft at least we will know for sure what we need to do in the offseason

tatar has earned the right to be given an opportunity in the NHL, if not with detroit then trade him out to someone who will

Last edited by Zetterberg4Captain: 01-11-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote