on the bedroom floor!
or on my shoulders....

/too much? lol

Old
11-16-2012, 07:36 PM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

vCash: 500

Rammstein, you owe these guys everything.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:00 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Update on the home buying/selling.

Our buyers were kinda backed into a corner, cuz their window to back out had passed, plus there was verbiage in the contract explicitly stating that since we came down so much on price already we weren't taking anything else off or doing any work based on what happened during the inspection. Technically they could have backed out based on the radon results, but they waited too long and now they have no recourse as far as I know. So they got a quote for it that was 1200, we found a guy that will do it for 950, so they're using our guy and paying themselves. WIN!

As far as our future house, it's still just flat ground at the moment. We got an updated P&S from the builder's attorneys today and there's tons of stuff that doesn't add up. I have a ton of questions I need cleared up before I sign, such as who pays for light fixtures, bath/kitchen fixtures, is there a specific $ amount for an appliance allowance or are they included, does that include washer and dryer, will HVAC be supplied to the finished basement, and just some general questions about subfloors (upstairs and in the cellar) and the water proofing/vapor barriers in the cellar. The contract mentions almost all of it, but it's extremely vague and some of it is completely opposite (in some cases for the better, some for the worse) of what we were told in the recent past. We shall see!
Congrats on the radon thing. It's great that you don't have to pay for it! That's just dumb on their part, but good for you!!

Whatever you do with the new place, get everything in writing.

As for us, we officially closed this morning!! We have to do some heavy painting and a few other projects but we're scheduled to do the move next weekend. Can't wait to have it all done and there's a lot of work yet to do, but today was a good day.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:00 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I just treated myself and bought these. I am excited!

Sweet! You earned em. Congrats!

Old
11-16-2012, 08:16 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Congrats on the radon thing. It's great that you don't have to pay for it! That's just dumb on their part, but good for you!!

As for us, we officially closed this morning!! We have to do some heavy painting and a few other projects but we're scheduled to do the move next weekend. Can't wait to have it all done and there's a lot of work yet to do, but today was a good day.
That's awesome. I know so may people that closed on houses today. Must be awesome just to get that hurdle out of the way, and I'm sure your wrist is killing after signing everything...you'll need to paint lefty now, wink wink. Painting sucks, real bad. I don't really mind doing the wide open rooms, but doing the walls up by the ceiling and near the baseboards is tedious as ****. Plus, if you gotta paint over a staircase or cabinetry, forget it. I do NOT envy you in that regard. Seriously though, congrats on the big move and good luck!

The contract we got for our home is pretty thorough. We pay nothing til we close. I don't like that there's a clause in there saying we can't bail once they start building, but I guess that's normal on pre-con. There's something in there about not being able to bail based on inspection details, but they will work with us to fix it on their dime if deemed necessary. Basically they told us originally that we had to pay for faucets, the washer/dryer, and that we had a 2500 allowance on a fridge, dishwasher, range/oven, and microwave (and they claim to get them at cost through a local dealer so 2500 is feasible for it all)...but the P&S is saying that literally all of that is included without condition, including faucets and all appliances. The verbiage is weird though. Also, there's something in there about the wiring for all lighting, but it says nothing about lighting fixtures being included (though it does say "supply and install Kohler or equiv faucet/bath fixture" etc etc)...so it seems like they supply the faucets but not lighting all of a sudden.

IDK, my head is spinning. I feel like it would be easier to ask "WHAT DO WE HAVE TO BUY, AND ANYTHING YOU DONT LIST BEST BE INCLUDED IN THE PURCHASE PRICE"

Old
11-16-2012, 08:19 PM
chuckdobbins

In other news, REALLY wanted to go balls to the wall and buy a Cadillac for Casey...but it's not looking good any longer. The one I've been eyeballing for a month or so is sold, and the particular model I'm looking for is a rare bird. Not to mention that I can't afford one that's new, or even 1-2 years old. RATS.

Back to the drawing board for Christmas I go!

Old
11-16-2012, 08:21 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post

Rammstein, you owe these guys everything.
I listened to this album so many times, I thought I was going to love my mind. Thieves, NWO, Just One Fix, Jesus Built My Hotrod. ITs and incredible classic album.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Old
11-16-2012, 08:28 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Quote:
@TheJoshFisher: Aeros defenseman Steven Kampffer was injured halfway through the second period, taken off on a stretcher.
Wonder what happened...

Old
11-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
Regardless of where you got them, boots look best...

are you crazy?

leave em on

and....for the record. Kate08 will now be known as EvilKate08.... I had time to kill before I met my galpal tonight. I stopped at Burlington just to poke about......came home with these...on the left(but in distressed brown)
(had friggin boots on the brain)

Old
11-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
or on my shoulders....

/too much? lol
Absolutely not! Extremely well played, sir!

Old
11-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
or on my shoulders....

/too much? lol

I cant....

Old
11-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
You're out of your right mind.

Not to pee on your parade...

There's a maximum per month that your employer can deduct pre-tax for public transportation ($125). Any paycheck contributions made to a T pass after $125 is deducted post-tax.

In addition, you can deduct public transportation on your taxes, up to the max of $1,500 annually. There is no tax benefit available from ordering a pass through a corporate program or a Section 132 plan (FSA) that you can't get when doing your own taxes.

Obviously an employer contribution is a huge benefits, if you have an employer that discounts the cost -- but that's increasingly rare. Also, the convenience of having it withheld from your paycheck and earmarked for a pass is nice, especially if you get your pass directly through work or via a debit card that's pre-loaded with your FSA contributions.

I just feel like the pre-tax benefit that companies try to sell is a farce. It pisses me off.

And that's your nerdy HR moment for the day.

ETA: don't discount PTO, even if you don't have the opportunity to take much time over the year. You can usually cash it out when you leave the job, so thats $$ in your pocket.
I am certainly in my right mind. BK fries kill McDonalds'

Thanks for the info on the pre-tax info. Timely and informative.

One of my offers has a weird PTO option. They give you a little less PTO, but give you the option to "buy" more days. basically, you take a deduction from your paycheck to get another day off. The way I figure it, in reality, by doing that, you're turning it into an unpaid day off. But the health benefits from this one seems much better. In the end, it's the whole picture, right?

Old
11-16-2012, 09:10 PM
chuckdobbins

Agreed Kovi...leave em on I say!

Old
11-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
I cant....
I think we all know better...

Old
11-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:

Congrats my man! I know I give you a lot of grief, but it's only cuz I like you. (cuz you're just like me)

Seriously, congrats on the closing.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:35 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

lego lord of the rings is finally in wife and i's possession after two delays by the game company.

of course:

1- we both worked ridiculous hours today and are both exhausted.
2- the ******* main board on the tv went out again. third time that the main board has gone out, which activates my "no lemon policy" with sam's club and their warranty. will the terwilligers get a new tv? probably not since they'll likely cite some rule that was written in invisible ink on the warranty form.

so i have to call tomorrow about getting a repairman to come out and swap the main board on the tv for the third time, taking all of my wonderful saved settings with it.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
I think we all know better...
things must be nice in your little imagination--

Old
11-16-2012, 09:40 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
lego lord of the rings is finally in wife and i's possession after two delays by the game company.

of course:

1- we both worked ridiculous hours today and are both exhausted.
2- the ******* main board on the tv went out again. third time that the main board has gone out, which activates my "no lemon policy" with sam's club and their warranty. will the terwilligers get a new tv? probably not since they'll likely cite some rule that was written in invisible ink on the warranty form.

so i have to call tomorrow about getting a repairman to come out and swap the main board on the tv for the third time, taking all of my wonderful saved settings with it.
Played a little bit on Tuesday when I got it. Plan on playing tomorrow with my son. Yay for playing Isildur in the early stage!

Old
11-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Shaun
beauty

i just got home from work and I turn on the nhl network and the regina pats are playing the Vancouver giants. my question is why do canadians pronounce regina like vagina with a "R"?

Old
11-16-2012, 09:48 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
Played a little bit on Tuesday when I got it. Plan on playing tomorrow with my son. Yay for playing Isildur in the early stage!
we finished weathertop and decided that since we could barely see the screen that it would be best if we left it for daytime play for now.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:51 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
i just got home from work and I turn on the nhl network and the regina pats are playing the Vancouver giants. my question is why do canadians pronounce regina like vagina with a "R"?
So vuh-jy-nar? Vaginarrrrrrr

Kidding of course, no idea why Canadians do what they do sometimes. I'm sure the mystique is mutual though.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Things were a taddy bit busy in Harvard Square tonight....

Old
11-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:

Congrats! Just bought a home myself in Wilmington over the summer. Title 5 held up the process from June till August, but they ended up replacing the septic in the end. Been looking high and low on craigslist for bars for the basement.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
things must be nice in your little imagination--
Nope, they're usually

(well, probably not )

Old
11-16-2012, 10:28 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Things were a taddy bit busy in Harvard Square tonight....

Awesome pic...love visiting there when I go to Boston.

Closed Thread