HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Team USA World Junior Championship Evaluation Camp Predictions

Old
11-16-2012, 03:29 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
The United States will conduct its National Junior Team selection camp at the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh, N.Y., the New York Rangers' practice facility, on Dec. 16-18. Johannson told NHL.com he expects 27 players to be invited to selection camp -- that group could include 15 forwards, nine defensemen and three goalies. The camp will be used to determine the final 22-man roster for the 2013 World Junior Championship, which will be held Dec. 26 to Jan. 5, 2013. Seven-time NHL All-Star and U.S. Hockey Hall of Famer Phil Housley will coach the team.

Johannson said there may be some players invited to selection camp who weren't a part of USA Hockey's evaluation camp in August.

"Without a doubt, some guys have played their way into consideration and have done a good job," he said. "It's not hard to look at some stats and see how those guys are doing. I won't name names, but some guys that played well at camp have backed that up, and some haven't quite had as strong a start. Guys have to be playing well but there's also the uniqueness of guys hurt or suspended that we need to take into account."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=645638

11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Would not be surprised if Olson is one of them, he's having a solid freshman season with the Buckeyes. It's Gibson's job to lose in net though, just thinking if they're looking for someone to get the nod in net after this year Olson might be an option to compete with Gillies and Stolarz since I don't think there's a real Campbell type in this years or next years draft class IIRC. Olson also had a big U-18 this past year which will probably help his case with the US brass.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

Interesting to see who has played themselves into contention. Vail and Erne are two I would think.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:44 PM
William H Bonney

Mario Lucia, who came back earlier than expected, scored tonight in his second NCAA game.

I caught most of Harvard's game. Jimmy Vesey is a player and I probably should have him on my preliminary roster.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote