HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Toronto @ Hamilton | 7:30pm est | TVA Sports

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Getting chippy!

EDIT: JOONAS THE GREAT
Happy Nattinen is keeping it up. Plus Avtsin with an assist!

Old
11-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Tinordi is exactly what the Habs need now and moving forward long term.

Like you said, Beaulieu is just extremely raw right now. I'm also a firm believer that playing on that stacked Saint-John's team was a serious set-back for him last season.
Tinordi is raw in his own way, you don't see the physical game he can bring yet because he's still adapting to pro level speed and positioning.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:01 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Yes he his and Colbourne also but Frattin looks very good today!
yea fratin looks like a good one. seeing hyped up kadri on the suck, makes me feel happy inside.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Talks to Goalposts

gallagher with the empty netter. With how snake bit he's bit its nice to see him get 2 tonight.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:02 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

I must agree on Beaulieu, he impressed the heck outta me defensively the first half of the season but ever since, its been a rollercoaster. On the flipside, Ellis and Tinordi started bad, but have settled in quite nicely.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Et le But

Comparing Tinordi and Beaulieu doesn't really make much sense either, Tinordi's game is very simple and he will rarely leave his own half especially at the NHL level. Not to knock how decent Tinordi has looked, but when you play a low risk game your shortcomings won't be seen as often.

Beaulieu's game is all about movement, it shouldn't be a surprise at all that he's outmatched, especially when he's forced to play with someone who isn't reliable.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:07 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Beaulieu just needs what Subban got with a full season in the AHL. It's just a question of how fast he can adjust. Taking stupid penalties though, isn't going to help that's for sure. Hope he gets his "zen" back soon enough.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Protest the Hero

Great hustle by Gallagher at the end to get that empty netter.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Nattinen is a interesting prospect.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

As many of you know, I'm definitely a fan of Nattinen and what he can bring.

Also liked seeing Avtsin's game tonight.

Also, at first glance it appeared Bournival, I think it was, may have tipped the Ellis shot. Did anyone get a better look?

Last edited by Habsfan18: 11-16-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Dagistitsyn

Really happy to hear Avtsin got a goal and an assist / finally got to play.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:55 PM
DAChampion

It's amazing that the Toronto AHL affiliate is so bad. You would think they'd have a better farm system after a decade in the basement.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Habbadasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
It's amazing that the Toronto AHL affiliate is so bad. You would think they'd have a better farm system after a decade in the basement.
They beat us handily last time.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:00 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
Their actual "prospect" pool is pretty poor, though. Keith Aucoin might just be the best "AHL" player in the game today. Jake Gardiner doesn't belong in the AHL. Frattin would likely be on the Leafs as well.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:00 PM
TroyM

Great game from a few guys tonight, really nice to see some goals finally going in, man! I thought Dumont, Bournival, Gallagher, Nattinen all played great. Avtsin was good, Blunden and Quailer showed some flashes too. Hard to complain about many people tonight really.

On D St Denis, Ellis, Tinordi, and Corbin all looked great. Beaulieu not so much, and he sat for the third as most know. Stejskal looked just fine too, and racked up a couple points, good for him.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:01 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
But we seem even with them over the course of the season, in spite of the fact that our team is bad: no NHLers like Jake Gardiner, no long-term tank to back up the farm system, and our 1st round draft picks are rookies and not AHL veterans like Kadri and Colbourne.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Highlights are up

http://t.co/8wDUhfLl

Lovin Avtsins Flow.. (Non-gay comment) Good to see him have a big first game.. Hopefully he continues.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:14 PM
muzion

Liked Avtsin for the most part tonight, but his skating stride has got to be the most awkward for a Russian player ever... For a team terribly lacking in skill having this guy be a healthy scratch for this long is shameful.

I'd like to see Naatinen have a bigger role, seems like his speed has picked up a bit and he has good hockey sense. He's better than a lot of these 20 year olds on the Bulldogs.

From listening to the guys at TVA Sports, you'd think Antoine Corbin was drafted in the first round by the Habs, and that the fate of the organization rested on his shoulders. I hope we draft a lot more Quebecers jusy to satisfy their hunger, and in turn hopefully they'll stop creaming their pants every time 'one of us' touches the puck.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:20 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Liked Avtsin for the most part tonight, but his skating stride has got to be the most awkward for a Russian player ever... For a team terribly lacking in skill having this guy be a healthy scratch for this long is shameful.

I'd like to see Naatinen have a bigger role, seems like his speed has picked up a bit and he has good hockey sense. He's better than a lot of these 20 year olds on the Bulldogs.

From listening to the guys at TVA Sports, you'd think Antoine Corbin was drafted in the first round by the Habs, and that the fate of the organization rested on his shoulders. I hope we draft a lot more Quebecers jusy to satisfy their hunger, and in turn hopefully they'll stop creaming their pants every time 'one of us' touches the puck.
Didn't listen but seeing Corbin play: this guy could be an NHLer.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Bullsmith

Loving the heart the team plays with, but boy is it clear how much they lack veterans and high-level scoring skill. Atsvin was very noticable tonight. Partly because he really played a good game, but partly also because he really makes you notice how little size and skill there is in the forward group.

Beaulieu was just awful, when he played. He made a PP turnover that would've embarrassed a twelve year old. Boy's got some growing pains in front of him, I think.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:44 PM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Didn't listen but seeing Corbin play: this guy could be an NHLer.
While he very well could be, in 5 of 7 games I've seen, he's made a crucial mistake which directly lead to a goal... and it's never mentioned by the announcers. I wish people in Quebec would call the game as they saw it instead of hurting the intelligence of the viewing audience. Plenty of French talent has reached the NHL, no need for the inferiority complex.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Habbadasher

Quote:
But we seem even with them over the course of the season, in spite of the fact that our team is bad: no NHLers like Jake Gardiner, no long-term tank to back up the farm system, and our 1st round draft picks are rookies and not AHL veterans like Kadri and Colbourne.
I agree that we are developing more/better prospects than they are, and that is where we can hang our hat.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
I think you're overestimating how bad Hamilton is compared to the average AHL team due to an unbalanced schedule. Look at Hamilton's schedule so far, Toronto has the worst record of the 5 teams they have faced and they're in 8th in the conference. Abbotsford leads their conference, Syracuse is in 2nd in theirs and Grand Rapids is 3rd and Rochester 5th.

The big part of this is that the AHL emphasises divisional play and as of right now the North division has been the league's best this season.

In short, Hamilton has yet to face even a below average AHL team. So don't read to much into how they can't compete against a powerhouse like Syracuse.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:03 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I think you're overestimating how bad Hamilton is compared to the average AHL team due to an unbalanced schedule. Look at Hamilton's schedule so far, Toronto has the worst record of the 5 teams they have faced and they're in 8th in the conference. Abbotsford leads their conference, Syracuse is in 2nd in theirs and Grand Rapids is 3rd and Rochester 5th.

The big part of this is that the AHL emphasises divisional play and as of right now the North division has been the league's best this season.

In short, Hamilton has yet to face even a below average AHL team. So don't read to much into how they can't compete against a powerhouse like Syracuse.
I'm not, but given the three natural advantages Toronto has above Hamilton, one would expect that they would dominate Hamilton. To reiterate:

- Toronto has legit NHL players on their roster like Jake Gardiner.
- Toronto's farm system should be backed up by a long-term tank.
- Toronto's talent players, former 1st rounders (Colbourne, Kadri) are more experienced than Hamilton's talent players (Tinordi, Beaulieu).

Given these factors, Toronto should be dominating Hamilton. They are not.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
I'm not, but given the three natural advantages Toronto has above Hamilton, one would expect that they would dominate Hamilton. To reiterate:

- Toronto has legit NHL players on their roster like Jake Gardiner.
- Toronto's farm system should be backed up by a long-term tank.
- Toronto's talent players, former 1st rounders (Colbourne, Kadri) are more experienced than Hamilton's talent players (Tinordi, Beaulieu).

Given these factors, Toronto should be dominating Hamilton. They are not.
I'd agree with that, so far Toronto has been an average AHL team. Which is only little bit better than what I think the Bulldogs are right now.

You were giving the impression that you thought the Bulldogs were a bad AHL team. Which I don't think is the case. They're more a mediocre team, which is why it isn't surprising to me that an average team like Toronto doesn't look any better than them.

Now if you think Toronto should be much better than an average team with their advantages, well I'd agree with you. Their paper lineup is really nice.

Closed Thread